Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures (32755 Views)

Little Boy Photobombs Couple's Traditional Wedding Picture, Disrupts It / Traditional Wedding Of A Midget In Akwa-Ibom And His Tall Bride (Pics) / Mzznaki Tetteh And Prince Kodjo Wedding Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures by Priceless00(f): 11:41pm On Aug 19, 2016
Congrats! May God bless your union.
Re: My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures by Yuneehk(f): 11:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
nepapole:
Baby, search no more. Your husband is here.
Welcome dear. When are we meeting my parents? cheesy
Re: My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures by jaci02: 12:57am On Aug 20, 2016
Congratulations.

But why is the guy wearing a dark shaded glasses? The wedding took place in an enclosed building so why the goggles?

Nigerians like copying styles and other people's behaviors even when it's wrong. Because Dbanj wears dark goggles for his music videos and interviews (inside a building and even at night) which is wrong all other artists copy him. Now it has entered wedding ceremonies which isn't cool.
Dark goggles are mainly used to protect ones eyes from sunlight and for special cases for those who are blind.

It doesn't look nice when you're wearing it for no reason most especially inside a room or a dark enclosure. It's not fashionable either for wedding ceremonies. At least you're getting married you should be able to look into the eyes of your spouse and your guests and vice versa.

It's like bringing back the old days when General Sani Abacha was always on goggles. And look how he ended!

Anyway Congrats to the couple and I hope other intending couples don't copy this.
Re: My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures by kowalsky: 12:58am On Aug 20, 2016
octopusfreaky:
lol, u crazy shaaau and who dey follow cheat

shud be the one askin you dat
Re: My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures by Holamide222(f): 5:15am On Aug 20, 2016
Congratulations op God bless your home
Re: My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures by nepapole(m): 5:31am On Aug 20, 2016
Yuneehk:

Welcome dear. When are we meeting my parents? cheesy
Am ready sweetie. Anytime u want.
Re: My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures by KINGinVAHALA: 7:08am On Aug 20, 2016
Yuneehk:

Might take time but I'll eventually do. I hope you even get it sef. Email and its issues

OK dearie, I anxiously await your mail. Don't worry, just give a try, I'm sure it will deliver.
Precious Morning to you!

1 Like

Re: My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures by KINGinVAHALA: 7:10am On Aug 20, 2016
Priceless00:
Congrats! May God bless your union.

Nice Dp, you re beautiful!
Re: My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures by KINGinVAHALA: 7:11am On Aug 20, 2016
@ogorwyne, goodmorning!
Re: My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures by ogorwyne(f): 7:21am On Aug 20, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:
@ogorwyne, goodmorning!
Good morning
Re: My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures by KINGinVAHALA: 7:27am On Aug 20, 2016
ogorwyne:
Good morning
How re you doing pretty miss?
Re: My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures by ogorwyne(f): 8:21am On Aug 20, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:
How re you doing pretty miss?
Am doing great. How abt you?
Re: My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures by adellam16(f): 11:25am On Aug 20, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
I'm a dude. Age doesn't count with dudes. Besides, I can decide to do baby momma
age don't Count wit dudes ke? So u prefer being tot as a Grandpa instead of a daddy wen ur going out wit ur kids? Smh.
Re: My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 20, 2016
adellam16:
age don't Count wit dudes ke? So u prefer being tot as a Grandpa instead of a daddy wen ur going out wit ur kids? Smh.
my point is, age can't stop me from getting married to the girl I want
Re: My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures by adellam16(f): 1:13pm On Aug 20, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
my point is, age can't stop me from getting married to the girl I want
ok ur right bout that
Re: My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures by Temilaty(f): 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2016
So beautiful, WUHML

1 Like

Re: My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures by VickyRotex(f): 7:37pm On Aug 20, 2016
BABANGBALI:
VickyRotex I am getting tired of waiting o cry cry cry

Shioooo!!! undecided
Re: My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2016
Nope Read History The Fulanis and Hausas has been using Hinna for Thousands of years before Any of ours ever knew anything call India. Please dont display your Ignorance here. When was India Created? Go study your History. wink

ikupakuti:

Why did the northerners copied the indians Henna?
Re: My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures by ikupakuti(m): 4:07pm On Aug 22, 2016
[quote author=Laburus post=48706767]

@ Laburus,

H.O.D History dept. NL.

First of all its called ‘henna‘ not ‘hinna‘

Secondly, i wrote ‘INDIANS‘ (the natives) and not ‘INDIA‘ as a republic, so, i bet you yourself dont know when they were created.

Thirdly, i never mentioned any where that the northerners have not been using their own form of henna(which is not the form adorned by the bride here) for thousands of years as you put it.

Learn to comprehend first if you must contribute to a discussion.

Now, the bride here did not adorn the hausa/fulani form of henna but the indian-pakistani mehndi(henna) also refered to as ‘henna tattos‘ popularized in the west and by extention africa by bollywood(indian cinema) & entertainment industry.

Its mostly a pre-wedding ceremonial art form which originated in the ancient indian sub-continent, which form of application & design is totally different from the traditional hausa/fulani form of application.

You can go to the north to find out or do a revision of your history lessons again.
Re: My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 23, 2016
Thank you, HOD Wikipedia,
However Bollywood started around 1913 or so, Henna(Thanks for the Correction wink ) also called by the Malos Lalle as Plant (Which grows Mostly in Africa Southern Asia and I think Australia) was used by ancient Egyptians and was introduced into Sub saharan Africa by the Nomadic Tribes of the North (Berbers Fulani etc) before it was even Known by the Indians. It is also on record Henna is not even indigenous to the Indians.

A Tip, The same way our Cultural Music is stolen from us and turn to Hip Hop, Jazz etc and turn to American is what happened to Henna., Indians stole it from us.

By the way do you know why its Mostly associated to Muslims?

[quote author=ikupakuti post=48708481][/quote]
Re: My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures by ikupakuti(m): 10:25am On Aug 23, 2016
Laburus:

Like i said earlier you lack simple comprehension

Where did i stated that other cultures do not have there own form/usage of henna ?

I think we are talking about the form adorned by the bride here, isnt it ?

Can you show me a reference (photo/article) of the type of henna adorned by the bride here from ‘US‘ that pre-dates the advent of the indian cinema ?

So the henna whose accounts of usege by the traditional indians in their rituals/ceremonies as described in their hindu ritual scriptures (vedic) which pre-dates the christian era (over 3.5 mellinia) is what you said got stolen from ‘US‘.....where ? When ? How ?

You know what ?

Just forget it!
Re: My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 23, 2016
Ever heard of Inferiority Complex?

I have seen designs as good and sometimes better than this before there was TV in the North. Used to visit the House of a friend back then the North The grand Mum who was in her 80s (Now LATE 90s) rock henna designs. spare the Christian Hindu thing is everything in religion indigenous to the People practicing it? Hinduism itself has no known History it evolve through assimilation and other man made concoction.

Anyway believe what you chose to., oneday you will also believe you originate from Indians as well Because Hinduism doctrine believes they are the oldest religion undecided undecided undecided undecided

ikupakuti:

Like i said earlier you lack simple comprehension

Where did i stated that other cultures do not have there own form/usage of henna ?

I think we are talking about the form adorned by the bride here, isnt it ?

Can you show me a reference (photo/article) of the type of henna adorned by the bride here from ‘US‘ that pre-dates the advent of the indian cinema ?

So the henna whose accounts of usege by the traditional indians in their rituals/ceremonies as described in their hindu ritual scriptures (vedic) which pre-dates the christian era (over 3.5 mellinia) is what you said got stolen from ‘US‘.....where ? When ? How ?

You know what ?

Just forget it!
Re: My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 23, 2016
Laburus:

I have seen designs as good and sometimes better than this before there was TV in the North. Used to visit the House of a friend back then the North The grand Mum who was in her 80s (Now LATE 90s) rock henna designs. spare the Christian Hindu thing is everything in religion indigenous to the People practicing it? Hinduism itself has no known History it evolve through assimilation and other man made concoction.

Anyway believe what you chose to., oneday you will also believe you originate from Indians as well Because Hinduism doctrine believes they are the oldest religion undecided undecided undecided undecided

I wish the Celebrants a happy Married Life. Insha Allah.

Re: My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures by ikupakuti(m): 6:39pm On Aug 23, 2016
Laburus:

SHABBASH!

NOW YOU MADE SENSE!

#iyaftayad#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guy That Passed Out At The ''One-Lagos-Fiesta' / How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less / Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.