Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities (19200 Views)

UNN Students Place Juju In Front Of Lecturers Office / 6 Types Of Lecturers You Find In Nigerian Universities / Kogi State University Strike Clocks 7 Weeks, Massive Exodus Of Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by Patrik007(m): 7:02pm On Aug 19, 2016
Please take note, this is not a generalization, It doesn't mean that all lecturers fall under one of the groups below, the content of this topic is based on personal experience..... I believe we all have our opinion, so please feel free to add yours.....let's begin

(1) The Sadists
These set of lecturers are always sad, unfriendly and can never be impressed, no matter how hard you try to impress them or make them smile, all your attempts just go down like the content in a flushed toilet. their classes are so boring, they are the worst set of exam invigilators, students pray for them not to invigilate complex exams,
(2) The Comedians
These set of lecturers are generally loved by students, they are well known for their good sense of humour, Their classes are never boring as they combine comedy with whatever topic they're lecturing on.
(3) The Fathers of Old
These set of lecturers consists of advanced men, who keep comparing the standard of Education they had back then to the one we presently have, they are very disciplined and highly respected by everyone. They have acquired so much experience in the field of academics, They give students lots of assignments....
(4) The Modern Guys
These set of people consists of Young lecturers, who haven't spent much time in the profession. they are cool with students and gadgets. They know what's up. and most lazy students pray for them to invigilate examinations, because when they are around, things happen.....
(5) The Preachers $$$
These set of Lecturers keep preaching for the payment of tithes, Lol, they normally use words like "Heaven help those who help themselves" and
"Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar" Rich students don't bother to read for exams in courses handled by such lecturers
Lastly
(6) The Turbo Charged engines
These set of lecturers keep their eagle eyes active in the search for beautiful female students, They can see through the clothes of female students with their xray vision ability, They are the ones who invite ladies into their office and keep mounting pressure on female students to sleep with them with the threat of failing the students should they refuse, that's how they service their turbo charged engine
At this point I drop my Pen, everyone feel free to add yours.......

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by Captainz102(m): 8:50pm On Aug 19, 2016
Nice one.
Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by Patrik007(m): 10:55pm On Aug 19, 2016
Captainz102:
Nice one.
Thanks
Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by Affable0709(m): 11:05pm On Aug 19, 2016

4 Likes

Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by Olusharp(m): 6:24am On Aug 20, 2016
you guys are always focused on the male lecturers,what about female lecturers.....

mo wa iyawo...but come on it too early on a Saturday morning!

3 Likes

Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by Mosthandsomeboy(m): 6:25am On Aug 20, 2016
You are So right,am following this thread

1 Like

Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by Araoluwa005(m): 6:26am On Aug 20, 2016
and where do you belong?

1 Like

Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by sirOrubebe: 6:27am On Aug 20, 2016
Op you try...

1 Like

Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by chiefolododo(m): 6:32am On Aug 20, 2016
Hnnn . there is one lecturer who falls under no last in my school but I Dont want to mention names

1 Like

Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by Cunninlinguist: 6:35am On Aug 20, 2016
I can relate with what the op said.
Having a sadist as a lecturer can be frustrating.During my schooling days, there was this lecturer that gave a whole new meaning to the word sadism.
Imagine in a class of 193,over 100 people got carry overs, seventy something got "E".There was only ONE "A" and one "B".Did it mean that in a class of almost 200 students,only 2 could pass with a good grade.
That wasn't the worst of it. If you see the number of people coming to write carry over, you would shit in your pants. Even the lecturers invigilating started grumbling about the huge number of Carry overs but my man no send.
Anyway his matter got to a head after much outcry by people and he was demoted to part time lecturer

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by maggilove(f): 6:36am On Aug 20, 2016
The ones that wants everbody in the class to be on first class just because they graduated with it, I use to have a lecturer like that.(Enlish Arts, Unilag). All fingers are not equal, God didn't create us the same way.

7 Likes

Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by izzy4shizzy(m): 6:37am On Aug 20, 2016
The majority of lecturers u find dis days behaves like the modern day police...you are never right and u deserve no respect as long as you are a student...especially our private university brothers

2 Likes

Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by Mide94: 6:41am On Aug 20, 2016
@Op you nailed it!!!
Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by bashbilly(m): 6:41am On Aug 20, 2016
not complete
Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by Adonis3: 6:43am On Aug 20, 2016
it really beats me how lecturers derive joy from having the reputation of students not passing his course

That's when you'll hear
"A is for GOD,

B for myself

and C for the serious students"

I mean,
Is that something to be proud of

#Adonis3HasSpoken

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 20, 2016
smiley
Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 20, 2016
THE WOMANIZER: These set of lecturers go for anything under skirt, even if it is a guy, as far as the guy is under a skirt, they boldly collect numbers from female students in class, or will say, see me in my office.

THE PHOTOCOPY MACHINE : This lecturer always come with his textbooks, without that book, he cant write a thing! Common to spell "book" he must look at his book to see if his spelling is correct.

THE OLD RESPECTED MAN: This is an old man, whom the whole class loves, he is usually free with students, students goes to his office and ask any silly question and he will reply you with love.

THE GLADIATOR : yes i called him a gladiator because he looses his temper at the slightest provocation, he usually send students out of the class, in the exam hall, he tears answer sheets even at a minute before the end of the exam

THE COMEDIAN: This lecturer usually jokes in his class, if he has an hour class, he can joke for like 50mins, then teach for 10mins, but a week to the exam, he will bombard the students with fix classes, sundays, Saturdays and so on, this lecturer never finishes his syllabus.

THE SLOW POISON: this lecturer is usually gentle in class, infact he behaves as if he can not eat a full spoon of rice, people do rejoice that he is lenient, but in the examhall, his questions will become tough, he will teach you how to make "white rice" but request you make fried rice in the exam hall.

THE FORTUNE TELLER: yes i call them that because, this lecturer usually says what you see in his exam in his classes, although say it jokingly such that people are caught off guard, the smart ones do take note of it tho.

note: i was taught by men, this is why my points revolves around men

17 Likes

Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by Uyi168: 6:45am On Aug 20, 2016
what about those that dont come to classes until a week or two to exams...

3 Likes

Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by jazinogold(m): 6:59am On Aug 20, 2016
The PMB Lecturer: Believes that the reason while people did not pass his course is because the lecturer that taught the students previously was corrupt hence, it will be difficult for them to perform well except all the marks previously allocated to them are probed and recovered. grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by scify(m): 7:00am On Aug 20, 2016
Lol.. . Funny enough.. .. For each of the categories I had a lecturer in mind.. ..
Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by macapie20(m): 7:00am On Aug 20, 2016
That was how this sadist(two of em) gave me carry over and I wrote well in their respective course to earn even at least a B.

My God will be their judge.
Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 20, 2016
Preachers grin

#claps once and dies#

Modern guys are my best
Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by cutesimplycalm(f): 7:12am On Aug 20, 2016
I respect d old respected ones more. I had a lecturer like dat he is a prof, He was my best lecture bck den, he will award u mark dat u knw u truly deserved nt manipulated marks dat some oda lecturers give
Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by LaRoyalHighness(f): 7:26am On Aug 20, 2016
Hahahahahaha..shout out to my lecturers...
Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by McBrooklyn(m): 7:27am On Aug 20, 2016
The IQ Testing Lecturers: These set of lecturers will come to be class and will write a long question on the board like:

A guy sent Recharge Card of N1500 to the girlfriend and the girlfriend forwarded the card to her boyfriend without recharging it, the boyfriend loaded the card and transferred N1000 to his girlfriend, and the girlfriend transferred N500 to her boyfriend and the boyfriend transferred N200 to his girlfriend and the girlfriend transferred N100 to her boyfriend and the boyfriend transferred N50 naira to his girlfriend.
Go On...........

Funny, Ain't it??
angry angry

8 Likes

Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by McBrooklyn(m): 7:27am On Aug 20, 2016
That was how a lecturer was dragging a babe have been chyking since our first year and after she don gree for our second year, the f**king lecturer con dey tell me make I offload the babe for him. I just simply told him Mtcheeeeeeew!!! Kolewerk!!! angry angry

May God Punish Some These Nigerian Lecturers
angry angry

Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by MrCounselor: 7:38am On Aug 20, 2016
So on point

Shy of bet shops? You don't have to visit one, just check my signature.

Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 7:45am On Aug 20, 2016
The Advisers: this type will use 20 mins for their course and use the remaining period for advising, preaching to students. The Reading Machince: this type comes to lecture hall read directly from the textbook without proper explaination n if anyone ask a question, he gives it as assignment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by Emeka71(m): 7:50am On Aug 20, 2016
Busy Lecturers: these kind of lecturers have businesses and offices outside and the only time they visit campus is on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 8:00 - 11:30 in the morning.

2 Likes

Re: The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 7:54am On Aug 20, 2016
RIP
ROONEY. IBRAHIMOVIC POGBA

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sujimoto And Dencia Promises – ‘I Got Nothing At All From Them’ - Ayodele Daniel / Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution / JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.