Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,190 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! (4517 Views)

When Your Babe Shuns A Decent Mama Put Meal For An Expensive Eatery. / 10 Statements Ladies Often Make To Appear Decent Before Guys / Is Love Sex! The Difference Between Love Making And Sex. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by TheSeeker(m): 5:46pm On Sep 28, 2009
Decency -- I have heard people use this word all the time to depict what people really are like, maybe in their own terms, or just plain blanketing. The same goes with indecency. In your own terms, definitions, experience - or whatever you choose to use as a yardstick - what does a 'decent' guy/girl mean? What does an 'indecent' guy/girl mean? Give your explanations if you have any.

Going by your expression, can a supposed 'decent' guy have a relationship with an 'indecent' girl? Also, can an 'indecent' girl have a relationship with a 'decent' guy? Should dating exist between only 'decent' girls and guys, and also, between 'indecent' guys and girls, going by your explanation of course.
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 28, 2009
What's your own definition of the term?
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by iice(f): 5:56pm On Sep 28, 2009
I don't see it as much as opposing terms in the sense of defining an individual.  Maybe because i tend to see things more in shades of grey most time undecided.  A person can be decent and yet indecent.  Ditto for indecent.
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by TheSeeker(m): 6:51pm On Sep 28, 2009
stillwater:

What's your own definition of the term?
I asked people's opinion, but why didn't you leave yours?
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by Kunbee: 3:02am On Sep 29, 2009
*subscribing*
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by CrazyMan(m): 4:42am On Sep 29, 2009
@The Seeker.
Just like the saying birds of the same feather flock together,
A decent guy would definately hunt for a decent girl. No individual would seek for someone who doesn't possess the same qualities as himself.
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by Nobody: 5:02am On Sep 29, 2009
"indecent" guys do tend to target "decent" girls sometimes.

more rarely, vice versa too.
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by 190: 9:02am On Sep 29, 2009
theseeker we have scores 2 settle!
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by TheSeeker(m): 9:06am On Sep 29, 2009
190:

theseeker we have scores 2 settle!
What scores young man?
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by chiejik(f): 9:19am On Sep 29, 2009
check another thread on your name
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by chidyke77(m): 9:30am On Sep 29, 2009
@poster Dis ain't a topic for discussion jus consult ur dictionary.
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by sexyLeamon(f): 9:33am On Sep 29, 2009
chidyke77:

@poster Dis ain't a topic for discussion jus consult your dictionary.
right undecided
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by olanajim(m): 9:37am On Sep 29, 2009
I think it depends on individual perception. Sometime, what is decent to you can be indecent to another. It is like we are are lens through which we view others. Most of the time, our perceptions are based on our experiences and knowledges. Since we cant all have world wide view of our environment, our definition of decency and indecency is greatly limited to our individual understanding.

As a clue, I grew up to perceive people who dress other than African style as indecent just because I have watch many films as a boy that show whites people in an 'indecent' manner. As my knowledge and experiences expand, I found out it is what I perceived not the general state of thing.

In short, we define what is decent or indecent base on our individual experiences and knowledges.

1 Like

Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by TheSeeker(m): 9:38am On Sep 29, 2009
chidyke77:

@poster Dis ain't a topic for discussion jus consult your dictionary.
Can I look up the meaning of 'nigerian love' in the dictionary too? wink
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by biola44: 9:59am On Sep 29, 2009
the in! grin
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by chidyke77(m): 10:34am On Sep 29, 2009
@the seeker yes u cn, just check d meaning of ''love'' in your dictionary and d nigerian is ''u'' simple.
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by posakosa(m): 10:39am On Sep 29, 2009
tpia.:

"indecent" guys do tend to target "decent" girls sometimes.

more rarely, vice versa too.

Well said, I think that this is a better question for the romance section: why do indecent guys want to ruin the lives/target "decent" girls

why can't they find other "indecent" girls to mess/phuck around with ? why do these indecent men have to lie to these decent girls just to phuck them, lie that they would marry them, some will even go as far as to engage them and once that get that ass, hope on the next train ??! angry angry angry angry
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by TheSeeker(m): 10:49am On Sep 29, 2009
chidyke77:

@the seeker yes u cn, just check d meaning of ''love'' in your dictionary and d nigerian is ''u'' simple.
Really? My dictionary isn't updated yet, so tell me, what's the meaning of 'nigerian love'?
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 29, 2009
posakosa:

Well said, I think that this is a better question for the romance section: why do indecent guys want to ruin the lives/target "decent" girls

why can't they find other "indecent" girls to mess/phuck around with ? why do these indecent men have to lie to these decent girls just to phuck them, lie that they would marry them, some will even go as far as to engage them and once that get that ass, hope on the next train ??! angry angry angry angry
My point exactly. They mess these girls up who then become bitter and eventually start messing men up. This creates a cycle of bitter people who's agenda is to hurt anyone that comes their way. sad
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by whitelexi(m): 11:01am On Sep 29, 2009
Decency depends on your point of view.
A decent girl can dress indecently, what does that make her?
A decent guy may drive a decent car and have a decent house and job, but have an indecent behaviour like smoking etc.

Bottomline is: Everyone has got a point of view, and everyone will have both decent and indecent attributes in everyone else's view!

Gosh, now i'm confusing myself sef
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by TheSeeker(m): 11:22am On Sep 29, 2009
[Quote author=whitelexi]A decent guy may drive a decent car and have a decent house and job, but have an indecent behaviour like smoking etc.[/Quote]

So you think smoking is an 'indecent' behavior? I thought it was just a choice of habit, or habitual choice. Oh, well, it's in your opinion right? grin grin
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by whitelexi(m): 11:28am On Sep 29, 2009
TheSeeker:

So you think smoking is an 'indecent' behavior? I thought it was just a choice of habit, or habitual choice. Oh, well, it's in your opinion right? grin grin

I dont find it indecent, but many girls i know do grin
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 29, 2009
TheSeeker:

It's a bad habit that reeks of indecency.

Just like:

Exposive dessing

Drinking excessively

Sleeping around with men/women

Bad language

e.t.c

Even though decency/indecency's relative, there are some generally accepted behaviours and generally 'unaccepted' behaviours!
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 29, 2009
whitelexi:

I think smoking of cigars is indecent. My reason is simple! It's a habit generated from and addiction. And no addiction can be good!
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by whitelexi(m): 11:34am On Sep 29, 2009
Hehehe, uju, your man is in for some serious behavioural levelling grin grin grin
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by TheSeeker(m): 11:36am On Sep 29, 2009
whitelexi:

Yes, and I think most girls should draw a line between 'intolerable habits' and 'indecent habits' cool
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 29, 2009
whitelexi:

Hehehe, uju, your man is in for some serious behavioural levelling grin grin grin

grin grin grin

Scary right? cheesy
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by TheSeeker(m): 11:48am On Sep 29, 2009
Ujujoan:

It's a bad habit that reeks of indecency.

Just like:

Exposive dessing

Drinking excessively

Sleeping around with men/women

Bad language

e.t.c

Even though decency/indecency's relative, there are some generally accepted behaviours and generally 'unaccepted' behaviours!

You choose to eat certain foods and not to eat some; same goes with drinking, and as well as smoking. You choose to smoke and not to smoke, and because it's an addictive habit doesn't make it indecent. Do you want to tell me you're not addicted to doing certain things? Do we say, hitherto, that what those things are indecent?
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by whitelexi(m): 11:53am On Sep 29, 2009
Ujujoan:

grin grin grin

Scary right? cheesy

I fear so grin grin grin

TheSeeker:

You choose to eat certain foods and not to eat some; same goes with drinking, and as well as smoking. You choose to smoke and not to smoke, and because it's an addictive habit doesn't make it indecent. Do you want to tell me you're not addicted to doing certain things? Do we say, hitherto, that what those things are indecent?

Couldn't agree more wink
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 29, 2009
TheSeeker:

I'm not addicted to something that is intoxicating. undecided
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by TheSeeker(m): 12:07pm On Sep 29, 2009
Ujujoan:

I'm not addicted to something that is intoxicating. undecided
And everything intoxicating is 'indecent'? What if the person isn't addicted to smoking, is that 'indecent' too?
Re: Decent And Indecent -- What's The Difference?! by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 29, 2009
TheSeeker:

And everything intoxicating is 'indecent'? What if the person isn't addicted to smoking, is that 'indecent' too?

If you are addicted to anything intoxicating, its indecent!

If you are not addicted to smoking, then why do it at all? undecided

There's a reason why smoking is considered an anti-social habit. There are 'no smoking' signs everywhere I turn to. Drinking's intoxicating, but its not anti-social!

Moderation or not, smoking is frowned on . . adddicted or not.

I wont want to date/marry a smoker. I wont want to intorduce a smoker to my family . . I'm not saying I wont ever smoke or I've never smoked, I'm just saying its not something I'll be proud of!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cheating And Forgiveness / How Long Should A Good One Of These Last? / End-time: London's First Unclad Restaurant Opens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.