Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday - Pets (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday (39512 Views)

100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe / Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by jmoore(m): 8:56am On Aug 20, 2016
buckyfof:

don't shift this thing to a particular tribe, Nigeria is d most religious and cultural country in the world, so this same ish can instigate ethnoreligious violence in any part of d country.....be it d east, south-south, south west or the north.....the best thing is to try to prevent such incident
Keep deceiving yourself........................

By the way did you miss this part? >> "The 5% statement" doesn't sound provocative to you"

Kwantinu dey deceive yourself there.

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by paragon40(m): 8:57am On Aug 20, 2016
shinarambo1:
the man has not commited any crime. do people not name their dogs after their favourite soccer star or movie star?
abi ohh, i think this is just a damage without legal remedy wonder how they will prove their case in court.

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by ipreach: 8:58am On Aug 20, 2016

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by graphiti: 8:58am On Aug 20, 2016
KINGwax007:
[size=16pt]"There is no doubt at all that there is a strand in contemporary Igbo behaviour that can offend; by its noisy exhibitionism and disregard for humility and quietness"

.............Chinua Achebe. [/size]

....... In other words, #DNA tinz!!!

grin grin grin .

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by Beeman1(m): 8:58am On Aug 20, 2016
BlackSeptember:
mynd44 lalasticlala plz give this one a lengthy ban
Shataap there. people like u has sai worst to us northerners n dem no ban u. so just shut it there.

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by Adaezeagu(f): 8:58am On Aug 20, 2016
Beeman1:
make Igbos continue to provoke us. we will kill n burn every Igbos man here in north if dey do anyhow walahi.
northerns full east oooo. your
brothers full enugu
other eastern state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 20, 2016
ddippset:
And what is going to happen if the man is not cautioned and 1 million nigerians especially the so called biafrans decide to start naming their dogs buhari? Nice hun? The man should be taught a horrible lesson.
kill him abi?

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by ekefre4(m): 9:01am On Aug 20, 2016
This is just sad. I have lost hope in Nigeria. Anybody that wants to separate should do that. It's not just right. Smh

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by pazienza(m): 9:01am On Aug 20, 2016
[b] Mr. Joe Fortemose Chinakwe, who was arrested for naming his pet dog ‘Buhari’ has narrated his ordeal in the hands of the police… “It is annoying because the complainant is from Niger Republic and I am sure he is one of those illegal aliens in this country. He connived with one Police Sergeant from the Northern part of Nigeria called Musa, who works at Sango Police division to humiliate me. Worse still, the Divisional Police Officer there, did not help matters as he refused to entertain any plea from me after I was arrested that Saturday night. He simply ordered his men to throw me into the cell.”

“I did not commit any offence. I named my beloved pet dog Buhari, who is my hero. My admiration for Buhari started far back when he was a military Head of State. It continued till date that he is a civilian President. After reading his dogged fight against corruption, which is like a canker worm eating into the very existence of this country, I solely decided to rename my beloved dog which I called Buhari, after him. I did not know that I was committing an offence for admiring Buhari.”

“I was intimidated and thrown inside the cell with hardened criminals for about three days. While I was there, the complainant from Niger Republic and Sergeant Musa from the North kept on taunting me saying people from my part of the country are trouble makers and that after detaining me, they will throw me into prison where I will die unsung. ”

“Even when my wife came with our baby on her back, they stopped her from giving me food. One of my friends that came to see me was also maltreated. While taking me to Eleweran the next day, they handcuffed and chained me together with that my friend. Fortunately, when we got to police headquarters, both the Commissioner of Police and other officers were angry with their colleagues at Sango-Ota.”

“They were wondering loudly why I was brought to the headquarters over such a minor case. It’s very unfortunate that I have to be so humiliated in my own country because of the antics of a foreigner in connivance with my brother from the North.” [/b]

3 Likes

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by Decodedp: 9:04am On Aug 20, 2016
PRESS RELEASE

Due to the myriad of security and economic challenges facing the country, the federal government has ordered the Nigerian police to create a special department called CID for the security of any citizen whose life is threatened by the hausa/fulani or their brothers from Niger.

Therefore, any Nigerian whose life is threatened should quickly submit himself to the CID for prompt detention (sorry security)

In Nnamdi Kanu's voice this geographical expression is A ZOO

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by curtain: 9:05am On Aug 20, 2016
The complainants should also be charged to court for threat to life. They can not just go about threatening the lives of law abiding citizens for this ridiculous allegation.

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by Beeman1(m): 9:05am On Aug 20, 2016
sorextee:
Why are you shaming your people here. Even someone that did not go to school will not come to a forum like this and type this rubbish. But you that probably went to school, you are supposed to reason higher. Stop falling your hand, and stop behaving like someone who ate grass for breakfast..

Shataap there.
Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by ekefre4(m): 9:06am On Aug 20, 2016
Zceesneh:
kill him abi?
Don't reply goats na. U dey mind am?

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by LordRegalia: 9:06am On Aug 20, 2016
The Nigerian Police Force never makes any sense. Always full of contradictions. 

Man names and brands his dog, the police arrests him and tags him a "suspect". 

After treating the "suspect" like a criminal for 3 days, the police release him after brokering a peace deal and signing of undertakings between the "suspect" and the complainant and his "sympathizers".

"Sympathizers" THREATEN TO KILL the "suspect" afterwards, the police "pacifies" them by re-arresting the "suspect". 

The "suspect" is subsequently charged to court, the police say the action was taken to save his life. 

Where is the sense in any of this?

5 Likes

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by graphiti: 9:07am On Aug 20, 2016
AfroKnight:
We are not naïve children. We all know that ethnic hatred is the reason an Igbo man would name his dog Buhari, paint the name on it and parade the same in a Hausa / Fulani community.

He was baiting the northerners and should count himself lucky that they chose to report to the police rather than lynch him. Why incite violence then go about crying victimization? It is easy to draw first blood but a wise man will count the cost before making such a daring move.

... un4tunatly u have a deaf customer on ur hands!

After drawing d 1st blood and they see d repercussions, d next tin na 2 begin halla "Marginalisation", "Genocide", "innocent citizens", "ICC/United Nation charter"........

1966-70 comes readily 2 mind!
Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by DateMynd44(m): 9:08am On Aug 20, 2016
chosen6:
This is exactly what happens when a dullard is in power, everything turns to comedy. People with Igbo sounding names. And other 5 percenters have now became an endangered specie.
useless bia'fraud olosho.

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by daveP(m): 9:09am On Aug 20, 2016
(Falz voice) Is this a military regime??

all: Absolutely.

Somewhere in his grave, Fela would be laughing hard at stupidity.

If this is anything to go by, fellow Nigerians, use the white matter underneath your skulls to vote sensibly come 2019.

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by back2sender: 9:09am On Aug 20, 2016
The ibo man was courting trouble. He named his dog buhari then also Use Paint to write buhari on both sides of his dog body. Is this not trouble? Where have you see people writing thier dogs name on thier bodi? This man even wrote it on both sides of the dog!
You see why we say alaibo Peoples no get sense. Its better the man go for it than for numerous innocent ibo if it had degenerated into an ethnic crisis.
Peace to SouthWest people for not allowing this generate into a crisis on our land

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by Mcowubaba: 9:10am On Aug 20, 2016
StOla:
Despite the negative intentions (or his claimed positive intentions) of the dog owner, I maintain that there is no criminal case here.

More so, when the plaintiff is angry at the dog man for using his father's name, while the defendant claims he did it for his eternal love of Buhari (but I can clearly see it as ethnic bigotry taken to a stupid length of self incrimination).

At most, it is a civil case between 2 people requiring arbitration or a civil suit, not one the state should involve itself in a criminal suit.
Wow wow shocked shocked
I never knew u could reason properly without bigotry and political sentiments .... Amazing.. Thumbs up cool

2 Likes

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by DateMynd44(m): 9:10am On Aug 20, 2016
rummeh:

He for just name the dog.... Federal government
exactly or APE sorry i mean APC
Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by chrisskynet(m): 9:14am On Aug 20, 2016
ddippset:
And what is going to happen if the man is not cautioned and 1 million nigerians especially the so called biafrans decide to start naming their dogs buhari? Nice hun? The man should be taught a horrible lesson.

taught a horrible lesson indeed... Wat ar u even saying.. must you even comment.

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by Jennifer89(f): 9:16am On Aug 20, 2016
i am tired of this country biko. There are more important issues to deal with not this naa. NPF make una receive sense!!

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by Omoyeni3601: 9:16am On Aug 20, 2016
What he did is bad , but e never reach this one nau , make them free the guy

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by alexarelano(m): 9:17am On Aug 20, 2016
galaxy4rep:
guess the music oga Bubu is listening to..
Eyin bobo e danu grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by pazienza(m): 9:20am On Aug 20, 2016
The guy is supposed to be from Ukwunzu, an Odiani town with ancestral claim to Owo in Ondo, and even a native almost extinct Yoruba dialect to show for it.

Yet notice how the Yorubas who before now had been telling us about their long lost brothers in the heart of Igboland( Aniocha) are denying him and happily labeling him as Igbo, look how all those who constantly shout that Igboland starts and ends in SE are now telling us that a man from Delta state is an Igbo man.

Look how fellow Igbos here are not denying Chinakwe and are instead defending him and getting backlash for it, simply because they( Ndiigbo) see Chinakwe as one of us, look at how the entire Nigeria had suddenly branded Chinakwe Igbo, and how all Igbo groups out there are out to defend him.

Then again, look at how Chinakwe is out to lick the ass of Buhari to save his own ass.

In the end, this is how this issue will end:

1, Chinakwe denies being Igbo

2, Igbophobic elements in his Anioma( mainly Ika and Ukwuani) will support him.

3, Igbos having sticked out our necks for Chinakwe will bear the blunt of all physical and verbal attacks resulting from Chinakwe actions

4, Chinakwe and his people remains non Igbo while Ndiigbo bears the full blunt of his actions as his actions will lead to a cascade of actions and reactions that will affect Ndiigbo mainly.

5. Chinakwe and his people will join other Nigerians to verbally attack and vilify Ndiigbo, just to prove to them how non Igbo they are.

When are Ndiigbo going to learn.

6 Likes

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by codedguy1(m): 9:24am On Aug 20, 2016
They did not arrest the person that threatened it's the person that was threatened that is being arrested and to to arraigned in court..

I used to feel calling Nigeria a zoo was wrong but I thing I was just being in denial.

This country is a zoo inhabited by a good number of zombies.

2 Likes

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by HMZi: 9:24am On Aug 20, 2016
This not good 4 democracy at all.The whole issue reeks of bias.
.it is those that would threaten this man 4 naming his dog whatever that shud be arrested..i dnt c any crime he committed or is because he is ibo? ..mtchew

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by graphiti: 9:24am On Aug 20, 2016
matrixme:
I am in full support of keeping this idiot of a man in jail. When trouble sits quietly, some people are fond of going to pull it's whiskers. Ordinary cartoons drawn in Europe some few years back resulted in a backlash that killed alot of Nigerians in the North.
From all the names out there you can name a pet, it is Buhari you can actually settle for? Not even rice or tomatoes that are currently very expensive. I hear he even went as far as writing the name on the dog? Who does that??

An obstinate imbe.cile!
Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by Omoluabi16(m): 9:24am On Aug 20, 2016
Someone exercised his human right and yet he is being harassed and treated like a criminal . .where in the Nigerian constitution did it say we should not name our pets buhari?

The Nigerian police as usual are pawns in the hands of the politicians. The nigerien THREATENED to KILL this man, and you say you ARRESTED HIM TO SAVE HIM. And the man threatening murder walks free?

So a nigerien actually has more rights than a Nigerian in Nigerian land? shocking!

2 Likes

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 20, 2016
Police is our friend
Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by joehis2013: 9:27am On Aug 20, 2016
afoxy81:
This sango ota police command can be so annoying. can you imagine the pro saying they need to be proactive. With all the killing and looting of these cult boys in sango environs what he thinks they need to be proactive about is one man naming his dog after another man. Just last night these cult boys raided shops from the garage dow.n into the streets amounting to about 80 shops raided around 8 PM and nothing needs proaction I beg go sit down joor

This sango ota police people just tire me even shops right in front of the police station were not stared , sango ota police incompetence personified

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by CornelG(m): 9:27am On Aug 20, 2016
Invitation! Invitation! Invitation!
I have two crazy dogs and i have already finished plans to name them Fayose & Wike with the senior one bearing Fayose and the Junior one Wike. Please i cordially invite you all for the ceremony coming this Saturday at Wadata plaza. Time; 5pm.
R.S.V.P

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Siberian Husky Gave Birth To 3 Pups. / The Chick That Refused To Go Away Is Now A Mother Hen / Please What Breed Is This Dog???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.