Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

#rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! (32189 Views)

John Fashanu Leads The Legalisation Of Marijuana With England Stars / Athletes Don’t Need Too Much Preparation To Win Medals – Dalung / Paralympics: Nigeria In Top 10 On Medals Table In Ongoing. (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by frubben(m): 8:40pm On Aug 20, 2016
Olympics they do ojoro
They should introduce sport like Ludo Whot Rolling of dice Skipping rope
We go park Gold come house.
Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by supereagle(m): 8:43pm On Aug 20, 2016
LOSKYXANDER:
Please can someone explain to me what makes Nigeria the giant of Africa

General Murtala gave it to Nigeria when he was in power.
Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by Rilwayne001: 8:50pm On Aug 20, 2016
EpicMaurice:
So naija never even smell the table.......nawao.

Have all our witch doctors been sleeping or what

They won the bronze medal in the men's football category smiley

1 Like

Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by nijanigga: 8:57pm On Aug 20, 2016
NoreenUG:
Of the participating countries at this year's Olympic games, Kenya is currently in the Top 20 (16th Position), and is Africa's number 1 star country, leading the African winners' table with 5 GOLDS and 5 SILVERS, making it a total of 10 solid medals.

Coming in at 2nd Place is South Africa with 9 medals.
Ethiopia comes in at 3rd Position with 6 medals, and Ivory Coast and Algeria occupy 4th and 5th positions each.

Let's congratulate these guys for actually succeeding and understanding that victory comes from preparation and not empty "hope".

Invest in your people and leave propaganda alone.
the question is when was the last time Nigeria prepared for anything competition? May God spare our lives beyond 2020, we will still be talking about this problem.Any nation that supports and puts more interests in looting and corruption will never have time to prepare for anything.
Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by chudi55: 9:02pm On Aug 20, 2016
thundabot:
WHERE IS NIGERIA
cry
Nigeria Is Sinking In The Ocean With Its Frustrated Politicians
Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by Ugosample(m): 9:03pm On Aug 20, 2016
NairaMaster1:

You can tell us the new definition of giant. May be your school thought you that it's Olympic medal that made America what they are. Stop being negative about your country. How many Nobel prize winners do they have? What Olympic medal? Your mates are those winning the medals. undecided undecided undecided

Oga what positive thing can we really think of in this trying times?

I'm also a proud Nigerian, but our f**kups is too much.
Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by muyiwaojo1(m): 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2016
This is exactly why I get angry when they say Nigeria is the giant of Africa....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by 4reala(m): 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2016
Slimflame:
E tire me o...but who gave them dat name... GIANT OF AFRICA
that was then my brother, before the dullard came into power shocked
Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by Litmus: 9:13pm On Aug 20, 2016
LOSKYXANDER:
Please can someone explain to me what makes Nigeria the giant of Africa

Well, the largest population in Africa.

Nigeria is the origin of most of the culture celebrated in most Wrest African Nations as belonging to them.

The second largest economy in Africa.

Ghana, Ivory Cost, Senegal, Benin Rep, Togo, Kenya, and so many African Nations do not even have the economy of Nigeria's Lagos alone , so none of them can be the Giant of Africa.

Nigeria is home to the smartest Africans.

Nigeria has the richest man in Africa.

Nigeria is probably the only Black African nation that is self ruled, and standing, if a little bent over these days, on her own two feet. French West African Nations are ruled by France. Ghana survives by pleasing the white man, so they cant be giant of Africa, so its left to Nigeria.

Nigerian primordial Art is the most sophisticated in Africa.

Nigeria's modern Art probably the most vibrant in Africa.

Nigeria is home to the first iron age culture in Africa. When the people of Nok in Nigeria were smelting Iron, the rest of Black Africa were scratching their armpit and peeling banana with their toes.

Nigeria is probably home to the largest entertainment industry in Africa/

A Nigerian is the scrabble World Champion.

A Nigerian mathematician is waiting to see if he has solved a mathematical problem that no one in the world has been able to solve.

Nigeria has a fledgling space program

Nigeria's military is one of the most sophisticated in Africa.

Nigeria has successfully manufactured a military boat. In fact Nigeria has now built many more and i was reading on Beegeagles blog, that Nigeria is on course to build over 50 more boats.

Nigeria has built APC's

Nigeria is the first African Nation to win Olympics Football gold.

Nigeria's Cassava strains saved West Africa cassava.

Nigeria's method of small holding farming is the model copied by WHO to save East Africa from endless cycle of famine

and many more....

I'll stop for now.

1 Like

Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by Bifwoli: 9:15pm On Aug 20, 2016
muyiwaojo1:
This is exactly why I get angry when they say Nigeria is the giant of Africa....

Lol , even the recently acquired title of "Africa's largest economy" was lost with the recent 40% devaluation of the Naira .

Its now back to South Africa where it used to be.
Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by larion: 9:18pm On Aug 20, 2016
emmyid:

throw more light on this bro, I seem interested in the gist. I think we are called giant of Africa kos of our population.

I dont even know where to start from, the whole country is so underdeveloped.

I cannot point at any reasonable infrastructure that is less than 20years. Everything looks like something built in the 1950s, you can't see anything recent apart from private buildings....

The airport just looked like chisco transport park, to say d least,the people are very dirty.

What's more,investigation revealed that is how most French speaking countries are, as they is always an existing locked down with France even after independent. Little wonder why an average meal cost 80,000 and the local currency is trading at 9000 to 1 USD. I didn't say 900, I said 9000.

1 Like

Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by Bifwoli: 9:24pm On Aug 20, 2016
NoreenUG:
So the question now is, where is the self-deluded Giant of Africa?

Fate/excessive pride is a bitch it always comes back to bite you.- that's what happens when you give titles to yourself instead of leaving it to others to appreciate you and AWARD it to you.
Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by emmyid(m): 9:38pm On Aug 20, 2016
larion:

I dont even know where to start from, the whole country is so underdeveloped.

I cannot point at any reasonable infrastructure that is less than 20years. Everything looks like something built in the 1950s, you can't see anything recent apart from private buildings....

The airport just looked like chisco transport park, to say d least,the people are very dirty.

What's more,investigation revealed that is how most French speaking countries are, as they is always an existing locked down with France even after independent. Little wonder why an average meal cost 80,000 and the local currency is trading at 9000 to 1 USD. I didn't say 900, I said 9000.

Tanx for the info bro, I think Nigeria is doing great in some aspect compared to most Africa countries. Our Nollywood industry, music industry, and hustling spirit make us stand out in Africa. We have the richest black man and black woman, we have larger rich population, we have very intelligent people in diaspora who are representing the continent, I think al these make us d giant of Africa, even South Africans respect us. But jealousy won't let them show it!

1 Like

Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by VickyRotex(f): 10:25pm On Aug 20, 2016
tribalistseun:
E be like sey hunger nova reach una side yet. So if o give you American Green card you will reject it.

I'm loyal to my Country. Yes! I will reject it! undecided
Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by ruemujerome(m): 10:47pm On Aug 20, 2016
Where did adekunle GOLD and joke silver falls under? Are dey not Gold and silver? grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by kullozone(m): 11:00pm On Aug 20, 2016
spiffyzaki:
u be fool
hehe ...who be this donkey Ntorr! E no go better for you...lol
Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by johnbuck81(m): 11:11pm On Aug 20, 2016
Katyusha:
You guys can be really stupid....How many medals did Nigeria get at the 2012 Olympics when your hero GEJ was in power?

NONE.
waka pass..ur mouf dey smell.
Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by DaudaAbu(m): 11:19pm On Aug 20, 2016
Slimflame:

Na gnat of africa. Some people come change am to giant.

but seriously, considering our population , we need more than one golden bronze
Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by LeSudAfricaine: 11:42pm On Aug 20, 2016
emmyid:

Tanx for the info bro, I think Nigeria is doing great in some aspect compared to most Africa countries. Our Nollywood industry, music industry, and hustling spirit make us stand out in Africa. We have the richest black man and black woman, we have larger rich population, we have very intelligent people in diaspora who are representing the continent, I think al these make us d giant of Africa, even South Africans respect us. But jealousy won't let them show it!
everyone's always jealous of Nigerians, from South Africans, Ghanians, African Americans to out of space Aliens etc It's delusions at best really,having richest man and woman doesn't mean anything really, if most of you live under a dollar a day

2 Likes

Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by Jackossky(m): 12:00am On Aug 21, 2016
olassy239:
I belive this is d first time nigeria is lacking behind

Am sorry for this....
It's not lacking but lagging..
Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by EpicMaurice(m): 1:06am On Aug 21, 2016
Litmus:

Nigeria is the origin of most of the culture celebrated in most Wrest African Nations as belonging to them.

Ghana, Ivory Cost, Senegal, Benin Rep, Togo, Kenya, and so many African Nations do not even have the economy of Nigeria's Lagos alone , so none of them can be the Giant of Africa.

Nigeria is probably the only Black African nation that is self ruled, and standing, if a little bent over these days, on her own two feet. French West African Nations are ruled by France. Ghana survives by pleasing the white man, so they cant be giant of Africa, so its left to Nigeria.

Nigeria is home to the first iron age culture in Africa. When the people of Nok in Nigeria were smelting Iron, the rest of Black Africa were scratching their armpit and peeling banana with their toes.

A Nigerian mathematician is waiting to see if he has solved a mathematical problem that no one in the world has been able to solve.

Nigeria has successfully manufactured a military boat. In fact Nigeria has now built many more and i was reading on Beegeagles blog, that Nigeria is on course to build over 50 more boats.

Nigeria has built APC's

Nigeria's method of small holding farming is the model copied by WHO to save East Africa from endless cycle of famine

and many more....

I'll stop for now.

i commot cap for you oh.
You are the true nigerian. grin

1 Like

Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by Slimflame(m): 3:05am On Aug 21, 2016

1 Like

Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by Slimflame(m): 3:10am On Aug 21, 2016
DaudaAbu:

Na gnat of africa. Some people come change am to giant.

but seriously, considering our population , we need more than one golden bronze
yes o,but this not about population is about cordination and mortivation
Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by Seyeah23(m): 3:19am On Aug 21, 2016
winkBut we just win 23 Bronze Medal now... Lol ;DBut we just win 23 Bronze Medal now... Lol

1 Like

Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by ThunderingHooves: 5:50am On Aug 21, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Litmus:

Nigeria has built APC's

and many more....

I'll stop for now.

[b]
Litmus:

Nigeria has built APC's

and many more....

I'll stop for now.

[/b]
Litmus:

Nigeria has built APC's

and many more....

I'll stop for now.

What on earth about small holder farming are you talking about? That Nigerians invented it, and that the WHO(thats the World Health Organization, if am not mistaken ) spread it, or that the people there never knew about it Permit me to say,sir, that's an incredible lie.
below is the all time medals table

1 Like

Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by Beey(f): 6:03am On Aug 21, 2016
Trust that the nay Sayers who seem to have nothing else going on than to just tarnish the image of Kenya, Hope they now can rest.Good things are always coming out of Kenya but these people only post garbage.I actually think that they do admire Kenya compared to other African countries & that's why they must post almost daily about the latest news from Kenya.

2 Likes

Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 21, 2016
Jackossky:

Am sorry for this.... It's not lacking but lagging..
thanks
Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by Katyusha(m): 7:03am On Aug 21, 2016
johnbuck81:
waka pass..ur mouf dey smell.
Better a smelly mouth than your smelly brain.
Retard.
Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by christiscomin: 7:47am On Aug 21, 2016
NoreenUG:
So the question now is, where is the self-deluded Giant of Africa?

Have you chekced page 2!
Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by Kirigidi(m): 8:38am On Aug 21, 2016
Slimflame:
They gave themselves! It's just like any self-given nicknane.
Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by guychidile: 9:30am On Aug 21, 2016
giant in the mouth only,I am sorry for this country.mcheeem
Re: #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals! by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 21, 2016
Litmus:

Nigeria has built APC's

and many more....

I'll stop for now.

And u forgot to mention our nation is the most corrupt on earth.maybe if corruption was added to the rio olympics we for win gold cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Premier League Stars At 2019 Africa Cup Of Nations / Elon Musk: I Am 'buying Manchester United ' / Video Of Asisat Oshoala's 4 Goals For Barcelona Against Tacon Yesterday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.