Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,062 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? (48533 Views)

“my Sick Wife Denied Me Staying With Her. I Look After Her Business” – Man / How Can I Stop My Husband's Phone Addiction? / My Mother In-Law Checks My Phone, How Do I Stop Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Rossy99(f): 3:19pm On Aug 20, 2016
An undergraduate of polytechnic staying with us is growing wings. He doesn't help in domestic chores when hubby is away, he does when hubby is around, he Waits for us to tell him what to do before he does it and he is really making me angry which i hate to be.

When i report him to hubby, he won't do anything or even chastise him instead he complaints whenever i give him food that his food is too small. I'm not a bad type to give him little food cos i have conscience and it disturbs me wen i do bad but he is a glutton that only eats and sleeps without doing anything even to wash plates he use to eat.

What do i do?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 20, 2016
Rossy99:
An undergraduate of polytechnic staying with us is growing wings.he doesn't help in domestic chores when hubby is away,he does when hubby is around,he wait for u to tell him wat to do b4 he does it nd he is really making me angry which i hate to do.wen i report him to hubby,he wont do anytin or even chastise him instead he complain wenever i give him food dt his food is too small.am not a bad type to giv him little food cos i have conscience nd it disturb me wen i do bad but he is a glutton dt only eat nd sleep without duin anytin even to d plates he use to eat.wat do i do
cool your temper grin for how long is he staying?

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Young03(m): 3:33pm On Aug 20, 2016
sorry...
1.how old is this guy?
2.do u av kids at home?
answers needed

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by donbenedict(m): 3:35pm On Aug 20, 2016
First of all, he is not a full time house help. So you don't expect him to do all the chores alone at home.

You are a woman and you too should participate in the chores as well. He can decide not to eat your food. Because you are feeding him doesn't mean he must turn into ur househelp.

Dats one thing u modern wives just use to put up a fight with relatives.

Now since your husband isn't doing anythn abt it, u should not take laws into your hands.

U should giv him food, and tell him there and then he should wash his plates after eating.

If you are a full time house wife, den u shouldn't balance in d house an expect him to do all ur bidding, just as u pick up a broom and start sweeping the palour, guilty conscience will not allow him also to relax when he sees u doing it, he too will feel somehow and join u as well. That is how to solve such problems.

If I should ask, is he related to your husband?

Everythn shouldn't be by force. There are many ways to make someone do ur bidding

346 Likes 34 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by jhydebaba(m): 3:48pm On Aug 20, 2016
So after reporting to your hubby, he did nothing. You now reported to nairaland make we beat am abi You must be kidding me.

The time you are wasting here is enough for you to do your chores. Abeg! Enter kitchen go wash your plate.

You called him a glutton, make he no eat again Abeg, free the guy joor. Abi your husband dey complain say he no fit drop money again.

I know if the boy were to be from your family, you won't be here.

488 Likes 32 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Rossy99(f): 3:51pm On Aug 20, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
cool your temper grin for how long is he staying?
he has bin staying for 1 nd half yr nw nd for how long,i dnt knw

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2016
Rossy99:
he has bin staying for 1 nd half yr nw nd for how long,i dnt knw
wow, the guy has no right to stay for that long angry what happened to privacy? Is he leaving soon? If not, complain to your husband and tell him your mind, if he doesn't listen, keep complaining to your husband until he tell the guy to leave. It's not right angry

22 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by ikupakuti(m): 3:58pm On Aug 20, 2016
jhydebaba:
So after reporting to your hubby, he did nothing. You now reported to nairaland make we beat am abi You must be kidding me.

The time you are wasting here is enough for you to do your chores. Abeg! Enter kitchen go wash your plate.

You called him a glutton, make he no eat again Abeg, free the guy joor. Abi your husband dey complain say he no fit drop money again.

Leave her make she dey dia dey whine

If God put ur food for woman hand

You are finished

She go use you like 10‘ flat spanner

210 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Ghost21(m): 4:02pm On Aug 20, 2016
Just do all you can, try not to make him understand that you are pissed off over his behaviour! Sometimes people do things like that on purpose, just ignore him.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
Is the boy an id!ot?

How can a jobless person be complaining about the food he is given while living under another persons roof and not even doing anything to assist in the house, my God people like that irritate me. What does he think he is? A king that came to your house to be pampered? At least he should help with something to show you and your husband gratitude for taking care of him instead of just sitting around from morning till evening asking for more food.

What a lousy human being.

OP next time you and he and your husband eat on the same table or in the same room make sure you pile his plate of food very high to like twice or three times the amount you give your husband, if your husband says its too much tell him politely the boy is always complaining that you don't give him enough food so you want to make sure you serve him enough henceforth.

Do it like four times in the presence of your husband and unless he is a millionaire that has money to throw away he will call the boy and caution him on his eating habits.

163 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Alexgeneration(m): 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
wow, the guy has no right to stay for that long angry what happened to privacy? Is he leaving soon? If not, complain to your husband and tell him your mind, if he doesn't listen, keep complaining to your husband until he tell the guy to leave. It's not right angry
. He has no right abi?Cos he is not from her side of the family abi? If the guy is related to her,will she be here to complain? All these modern wives that can't accommodate their inlaws.

148 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Rossy99(f): 4:10pm On Aug 20, 2016
donbenedict:
First of all, he is not a full time house help. So you don't expect him to do all the chores alone at home.

You are a woman and you too should participate in the chores as well. He can decide not to eat your food. Because you are feeding him doesn't mean he must turn into ur househelp.

Dats one thing u modern wives just use to put up a fight with relatives.

Now since your husband isn't doing anythn abt it, u should not take laws into your hands.

U should giv him food, and tell him there and then he should wash his plates after eating.

If you are a full time house wife, den u shouldn't balance in d house an expect him to do all ur bidding, just as u pick up a broom and start sweeping the palour, guilty conscience will not allow him also to relax when he sees u doing it, he too will feel somehow and join u as well. That is how to solve such problems.

If I should ask, is he related to your husband?

Everythn shouldn't be by force. There are many ways to make someone do ur bidding
i av neva leave my chores for him to do,d only chores i expect him to do is sweep d parlour whr he sleep,wash dishes or fetch water which he hardly does.u said if i sweep he wud feel guilty conscience,this one doesn't,he wud lift his leg for me to sweep nd adjust well,wen i was preg,he wud b watching me fetch water nd d next day he wud use d water to bath not until i warn him lik 3tym b4 he stop using water i fetch to bath

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 20, 2016
Alexgeneration:
. He has no right abi?Cos he is not from her side of the family abi? If the guy is related to her,will she be here to complain? All these modern wives that can't accommodate their inlaws.
how can you allow your in law to stay with you for a year? There will be no privacy and he will be involved into their private affairs. Would you like your in-law to be involved with you and your wife's private affairs. So what's the point of getting married then

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Rossy99(f): 4:14pm On Aug 20, 2016
Even my husband complain about his eating habit,so,is not my complain alone.if he was my sibling i wud knw aw to deal wit dem though none of dem behave so
jhydebaba:

17 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 20, 2016
fellis:
Is the boy an id!ot?

How can a jobless person be complaining about the food he is given while living under another persons roof and not even doing anything to assist in the house, my God people like that irritate me. What does he think he is? A king that came to your house to be pampered? At least he should help with something to show you and your husband gratitude for taking care of him instead of just sitting around from morning till evening asking for more food.

OP next time you and he and your husband eat on the same table or in the same room make sure you pile his plate of food very high to like twice or three times the amount you give your husband, if your husband says its too much tell him politely the boy is always complaining that you don't give him enough food so you want to make sure you serve him enough henceforth.

Do it like four times in the presence of your husband and unless he is a millionaire that has money to throw away he will call the boy and caution him on his eating habits.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Rossy99(f): 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2016
Ghost21:
Just do all you can, try not to make him understand that you are pissed off over his behaviour! Sometimes people do things like that on purpose, just ignore him.
dtz d real deal,i try to ignore him dtz why wen he doesn't do d chores i dont question or ask him,i just go nd do it but am getting fed up nw and it makes me boil in anger anytime i see him which i detest.he doesnt seem want to change

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by donbenedict(m): 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2016
Rossy99:
i av neva leave my chores for him to do,d only chores i expect him to do is sweep d parlour whr he sleep,wash dishes or fetch water which he hardly does.u said if i sweep he wud feel guilty conscience,this one doesn't,he wud lift his leg for me to sweep nd adjust well,wen i was preg,he wud b watching me fetch water nd d next day he wud use d water to bath not until i warn him lik 3tym b4 he stop using water i fetch to bath
lool. Tell ur husband u need a maid.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Rossy99(f): 4:26pm On Aug 20, 2016
This is d reason am here,av run out of ideas to deal wit him,av try ds ur idea,my husband face me nd ask to reduce d food only for him to support him after a while again.thr was a tym i even allow him dish food frm d pot by himself
fellis:
Is the boy an id!ot?

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Alexgeneration(m): 4:29pm On Aug 20, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
how can you allow your in law to stay with you for a year? There will be no privacy and he will be involved into their private affairs. Would you like your in-law to be involved with you and your wife's private affairs. So what's the point of getting married then
. How does staying with one's in-law connotes "involve into their private affairs? From the OP's complain,the guy is not interfering in their private life.Rather, all I can deduce from her is that she wants to turn the guy to a househelp just because he is "eating her food" and "staying in her house".Will she make such complains if the guy is from her side of the family?

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Rossy99(f): 4:30pm On Aug 20, 2016
He is not even an inlaw or relative,hubby nd his father attend dsame church back den
CrazyQuinn:

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 20, 2016
Rossy99:
This is d reason am here,av run out of ideas to deal wit him,av try ds ur idea,my husband face me nd ask to reduce d food only for him to support him after a while again.thr was a tym i even allow him dish food frm d pot by himself

How long is he staying with you guys?
If its not too long just bear. The situation is annoying sha.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 20, 2016
Without being told, the guy in question Is related to the hubby.. Woman, and unnecessary complain..

14 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 20, 2016
Rossy99:
He is not even an inlaw or relative,hubby nd his father attend dsame church back den
can you imagine the rubbish angry if I were you I would make his life miserable until he leaves angry

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 20, 2016
Alexgeneration:
. How does staying with one's in-law connotes "involve into their private affairs? From the OP's complain,the guy is not interfering in their private life.Rather, all I can deduce from her is that she wants to turn the guy to a househelp just because he is "eating her food" and "staying in her house".Will she make such complains if the guy is from her side of the family?
the guy is not even her in-law angry he's a total stranger, living in a rent free house with free food and all, and he's been staying in the house for a year angry would you allow a stranger to stay in your house for more than a year, eating your food and not paying rent? angry

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by greatgod2012(f): 4:44pm On Aug 20, 2016
Did your husband inform you before accommodating the guy

If yes, did you approve it

If yes, for how long is he staying

When he came around, were you first friendly with him and him with you

What's likely the age difference between you too

Answering these questions will give more insight to how you can handle his issue.

Accommodating someone shouldn't be a problem, but such a fellow shouldn't turn himself to burdens to me.

Well, personally, I don't like dying in silence, I speak out my mind, especially to the person directly involved, not with raising of voice or screaming but maturely and patiently.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Chicent(m): 4:45pm On Aug 20, 2016
CrazyQuinn:

who says its not right?? Have u asked who the undergraduate his to them(wife/hubby) before u conclude is not right.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by greatgod2012(f): 4:48pm On Aug 20, 2016
Yomieluv:
Without being told, the guy in question Is related to the hubby.. Woman, and unnecessary complain..

Rossy99:

Yomieluv:

You see why it's not good to jump into conclusion.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Rossy99(f): 4:51pm On Aug 20, 2016
Am even ready to accomodate him cos i knw his family is not financially buoyant to get accomodation for him while still in skul,i expect him not go beyond his limit but he refuse.he is not d 1st person dt wud stay wit us.He is now causing division btw i nd hubby cos dey see me as d bad person,wen he want to get money frm hubby he wait till am out or go to meet him at d gate,is not that i do ask him not to give him.even wen he see dt i av wash all d dirty dishes in d kitchen,is he not suppose to wash d one he jst used in eating,he drop it nd i still go to wash it without saying anytin.i dnt knw wat he expect me to do again.he see me as a subordinate dat can't authorise him to do anytin

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by greatgod2012(f): 4:55pm On Aug 20, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
can you imagine the rubbish angry if I were you I would make his life miserable until he leaves angry

ko le to yen!
This life is very simple!
And the world is a global village.

He needs your help now doesn't mean you can't need his help in the future.

It may even be your children that he will render help to in the nearest future.

We shouldn't use today to destroy our tomorrow.

Instead of making life miserable to him, speak out your mind to him, ask him if he too can accept what he's doing to you from another person. Not with screaming or cursing or throwing tantrums but maturely and patiently.

Remember, nobody is totally bad!

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 20, 2016
greatgod2012:

ko le to yen!
This life is very simple!
And the world is a global village.

He needs your help now doesn't mean you can't need his help in the future.

It may even be your children that he will render help to in the nearest future.

We shouldn't use today to destroy our tomorrow.

Instead of making life miserable to him, speak out your mind to him, ask him if he too can accept what he's doing to you from another person. Not with screaming or cursing or throwing tantrums but maturely and patiently.

Remember, nobody is totally bad!
true talk cry

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by JustHere2Observ(f): 4:58pm On Aug 20, 2016
The least he could do is do his own dishes and help out once in a while. But most people feel entitled and dont have the common sense to assist around the house. Next time stand up to him and tell him what he is expected to do.

23 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Rossy99(f): 5:01pm On Aug 20, 2016
Yes,he informed me wen d boy was coming nd i approve it but i was not inform dt he wud stay long,wat i was told was dt he jst got admission nd wud stay wit us till he find accomodation.it was later dt he had settle down dt i got to knw dt he wud b staying 2ruout his prog and dt was not even a prob to me though i don't stay at home for long den,i do travel most weekdays to supervise my project in d neighbouring town b4 i later finish it nd hardly travel out of town again .we get along well atfirst but after going for semester break nd coming back he change totally.
greatgod2012:
Did your husband inform you before accommodating the guy

If yes, did you approve it

If yes, for how long is he staying

When he came around, were you first friendly with him and him with you

What's likely the age difference between you too

Answering these questions will give more insight to how you can handle his issue.

Accommodating someone shouldn't be a problem, but such a fellow shouldn't turn himself to burdens to me.

Well, personally, I don't like dying in silence, I speak out my mind, especially to the person directly involved, not with raising of voice or screaming but maturely and patiently.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Man Accused Of Ordering Househelp To Unleash Dogs On His Wife In Lagos / No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? / Indonesian Man Forced To Show Joystick To In-laws To Prove He Didn’t Kill Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.