Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" (70520 Views)

100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe / Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by Jay542(m): 1:46am On Aug 21, 2016
VajanahDischaj:
the system is been pivoted by the govt norni!
No doubt. But In reality, this system is older than the government.
Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by tribalistseun: 1:50am On Aug 21, 2016
finalboss1:
you guys are in soup
na so your own brain scatter?

1 Like

Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by Jay542(m): 1:51am On Aug 21, 2016
biafransoul:
Was it not th same APC people that did this and nobody was arrested. Nigerians are fcking hypocrites.
How did APC enter this 1.? It's just 2neighbors problem. Don't incite anything biko
Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by tribalistseun: 1:52am On Aug 21, 2016
Benikuuse:
people always take things too personal. he is not the only one suffering in this hard economy. as for me I can't create a soul, and I cannot compare a human being with an animal. he called for his predicament, he will face it alone
boko haram shutt up. My neighbor's dog is called Obama let CIA come and arrest them. Una own zombiesm is too much

1 Like

Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by Nobody: 1:56am On Aug 21, 2016
Motherfucker2:
I'm so glad i denounced my Nigerian citizenship last year.
A country where people are denied their essential human rights.

A guy gets locked up for naming his dog Buhari, meanwhile the guy who made the naked statute of Donald Trump is still walking around a free guy.

The Fulani guy who raped that 13 year old girl (Esaru) was not charged with any crime or locked up, he even took the presidential private jet back to Kano.

The sad part is that some Nigerians will laugh over it, I realized a long time ago that Nigerians are gracefully stupid

wrong comparison.. wrong
but trump is not even yet in power na..
let him be president and someone tried that ...

1 Like

Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by GreenT: 1:56am On Aug 21, 2016
Provocative act is never anyone right. Naming dog buhari is not a problem if your neighbor that bears the name doesn't care. He register the name under Nigeria constitution after birth so he has right to protect himself from what what he sees as bullying

1 Like

Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by Nobody: 2:04am On Aug 21, 2016
dragonking3:
You should ask why Buhari is taking this issue personal?

yea.. maybe Cus the man is from delta(ibo)

or come to think of it... had it been that the president is IBO and d like... he will av respect the name bah

itz obvious na
na wetin him dei look for ... him dei see

smh...........
Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by Fawklicant: 2:25am On Aug 21, 2016
But my mastiff's name is Ambo....short for Ambode. Its head and nose bear an uncanny resemblance to Gov. Ambode's own. tongue

1 Like

Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by Fawklicant: 2:27am On Aug 21, 2016
skysailor:

yea.. maybe Cus the man is from delta(ibo)

or come to think of it... had it been that the president is IBO and d like... he will av respect the name bah

itz obvious na
na wetin him dei look for ... him dei see

smh...........

People name their dogs 'rambo', 'commando' , snoop, biggie! It is usually after people they admire, so why is this one any different?

1 Like

Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by Motherfucker2: 2:28am On Aug 21, 2016
skysailor:

wrong comparison.. wrong

You're stupid to think that the president of the United States of America can order the arrest of a 2 year old kid, even if the president is Ghadafi
Wake up, this is not a third world country like Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by ojnnaco(m): 2:42am On Aug 21, 2016
The children of Hates and bigots will rejoice over the lawless state of this country .

When has it become a crime to name ur pet whatever you like .

1 Like

Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by Bidex6444(m): 2:57am On Aug 21, 2016
I don't seems to understand what is wrong with this issue. Anybody can name anything they like. This is democracy and there's freedom of everything. Naming his dog Buhari doesn't mean anything. What of people than name their dog Obama? Should they be arrested also? Pls , free the poor man and let him go.

1 Like

Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by Slimflame(m): 3:15am On Aug 21, 2016
Nne5:
He shoulda known that most northerners reason like animals especially the illiterates amongst them so why on earth did he name his dog buhari?

His daughter's name' s Temi so I kinda believe him.

Anyways it's his cup of tea.
I cannot coman go an' coman tongue drink panadol for someone else's headache.Shikena!
abegi sidon one side

2 Likes

Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by HalimaSadiya(f): 3:18am On Aug 21, 2016
Haha. He got what he bargained for.
Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by HalimaSadiya(f): 3:25am On Aug 21, 2016
Nne5:
He shoulda known that most northerners reason like animals especially the illiterates amongst them so why on earth did he name his dog buhari?

I cannot coman go an' coman tongue drink panadol for someone else's headache.Shikena!
Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by HalimaSadiya(f): 3:26am On Aug 21, 2016
Nne5:

...And I suppose you reason like a human being ?
Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by tiwiex(m): 3:35am On Aug 21, 2016
Motherfucker2:
I'm so glad i denounced my Nigerian citizenship last year.
A country where people are denied their essential human rights.

A guy gets locked up for naming his dog Buhari, meanwhile the guy who made the naked statute of Donald Trump is still walking around a free guy.

The Fulani guy who raped that 13 year old girl (Esaru) was not charged with any crime or locked up, he even took the presidential private jet back to Kano.

The sad part is that some Nigerians will laugh over it, I realized a long time ago that Nigerians are gracefully stupid

I regret ever knowing this country
Spit

Lol @ gracefully stupid. I know how u feel about Nigeria. Many of us are getting there. This is obviously a slap to our thin skinned president. The neighbour's father is a very poor excuse. I think we are in soup and Buhari is obviously thinner skinned than I thought.

3 Likes

Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by tiwiex(m): 3:45am On Aug 21, 2016
AnanseK:

All this wailing and whining by the reporter. Is the man only in love Buhari ? Why didn't he name his dog as Ojukwu or Chinua Achebe who are IPOB heroes?

It still doesn't make it a crime. I am sure people named their dogs Obama and u would have thought it was cool. is Buhari performing below par and feels insulted The guilty act childish I guess. We are shamefully sliding into a police state over non issues. There really was a country. Your response to the matter is not any better. We really think like this?

1 Like

Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by Realist2: 3:45am On Aug 21, 2016
Madam hold your peace , nothing will happen to your husband, this case has become a national issue, he can only be detained he will be release later, we are all watching .
Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by tiwiex(m): 3:50am On Aug 21, 2016
TenPassfour:
Let us all be sincere with ourselves, while on earth you will name your dog BUHARI, as if that was not enough,you printed the name on the pet, that is the higest level of insanity. We should respect the office and the person in that office. He should pay for what he price now. Negative people.

Have u seen the picture of the dog with Buhari painted on it? We sensationalize and follow media hype easily. Not saying it's not true, but with mopile cameras all over, it is surprising no one ever took a picture. Is there still a crime here even if? We need to put that in our constitution then. What will be the next pointless story? We are not discussing education, health etc. We are discussing a dog's name. Ok oh.

1 Like

Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by Ayatullah(m): 3:53am On Aug 21, 2016
finalboss1:
you guys are in soup

They are in HOT soup! Shege people! That is the price you pay for marrying a fooolish husband and refusing to give him good counselling, afterall she must have fed that dog and even call it 'that name'. I only pity the poor little girl and the unborn child.

1 Like

Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by Nobody: 3:59am On Aug 21, 2016
Lool...such a messed up country this is undecided don't think stupidity could get any worse. A man few blocks away from my home got two Foreign dogs about two months ago. Guess their names...Bianca and Captain (which was cool). this Country is dead...really dead undecided

1 Like

Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by Caution30: 4:01am On Aug 21, 2016
Just wondering what the charges will be in court.

1 Like

Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by SaffronSpice: 4:03am On Aug 21, 2016
Lighthouseman:
It was provocative if he inscribed the name buhari on the dog.... But... All these talks, I haven't seen the picture of the dog...
Picture of the dog or.....
The USA lady has a picture to back the naming ceremony....
Was it done by a coloured person?

Ethnic difference is the cause of this problem.

If the man was an Hausa,the police woun't have been involved 'cause they would have settled it among themselves amicably.
Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by tiwiex(m): 4:03am On Aug 21, 2016
bigtt76:
We once named our female dog 'Thatcher' after the late British Prime Minister as well as a male dog 'Botha' after the late South African Apartheid Ruler. We did this then because Mrs Thatcher took a hardline stance against sanctions over the regime and of course Botha's I no send attitude motivated that.

The point here is that naming a dog after a human is usually done to commemorate an evil or ill rather than in admiration of that person. Naming the dog after Buhari was probably to indirectly voice out his resentment over the current living conditions. The fact that he is from 'you-know-where' contributed in his arrest as well as religion (Muslims and dogs are not best of friends) which could also exacerbate the religious tension in the country. we should try and be mindful of these things before taking any action.

He may left untouched but attacked secretly for the same action. angry

Someone pointed the Trump statue in New York as an example of free democracy ...yes this is correct but then those people don't read unnecessary meanings into those things. Religion and tribal undertones don't crop up there.

Still not a crime though.

1 Like

Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by JUHABACH: 4:11am On Aug 21, 2016
skysailor:

wrong comparison.. wrong

bruh, stop being ignorant. even obama gets mocked and insulted on multiple occassio s. george bush himself as a sitting president was a punchline for just about every comedian in the country at the time. the u.s. government only acts on DEATH THREATS made against the president and even then, they dont just go about arresting every dick and harry who makes such threats but rather make assessments to determine whether said threat is viable.
basically even if trump becamr president this instant, there isnt a damn thinghe can do about that statute.

1 Like

Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by bongolistik(m): 4:13am On Aug 21, 2016
It is just that the country and the security operatives are so lame.

The government doesn't even know how to treat it's citizens and always ready to violate human rights.

If it were in saner society, the matter would have been settled with every parties meant to understand their wrongs.

Why not detain the man within 24hrs then educate him on the implications or potential implications of what he has done, and then finally free him within that 24hrs?

I am sure if they did so, the man would understand what he did and be more civil next time, also making him a better citizen and I am also sure he will not do that again.

But detaining him for more than 48hrs shows the type of country we are living in.

1 Like

Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by tiwiex(m): 4:14am On Aug 21, 2016
AfroKnight:
It took a downward turn when he painted the name on the dog and paraded it in front of Hausa/Fulani people.

NPF are always hungry for a scapegoat and this Igbo man just offered himself up. Now they claim his wife is pregnant. Always playing the victim after drawing first blood. I pity the woman. She should get a lawyer to defend her husband as the Police has prepared the case.

We know how the story will end if a Fulani man goes to igboland and parades his monkey with Ojukwu painted on it.

Fulani community, Igbo man. Na wa oh. This Nigeria is definitely many countries. Our comments really don't help matters. This is why we have made a case out of a dog.

1 Like

Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by fapcrook(m): 4:17am On Aug 21, 2016
JaypeeAnics:
I just bought a Dog and i named her AISHA- pls can BUHARI come and do collabo with her so that she will give birth to Dalung and Lie Muhammed..
i will advice you should even print Aisha on it you hear?
Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by bittertruthz: 4:22am On Aug 21, 2016
jidxin:

https://punchng.com/life-danger-man-named-dog-buhari/

Igbos like looking for trouble, and if the Hausa retaliate they call it religious intolerance.

Why not name the dog OJUKWU, Bianca or ike ekweremadu?
Another troublesome igbo girl in USA claim her dog is Lai Mohammed.
I don't know why igbos are like this?' The could lead to public disorder.
Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by akaballball: 4:22am On Aug 21, 2016
The man has enter news n possibly gained international recognition .....now what happens next....compensated for all his troubles n he n his family starts living large.

now u wish u named ur dog buhari. ..

1 Like

Re: Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" by fapcrook(m): 4:24am On Aug 21, 2016
magicminister:
Regardless of tribal affiliation we should all sspeak against such injustice cos it can happen to anyone.
This man did absolutely nothing wrong to name his dog buhari.
When did we become so blood thirsty that any little provocation can destabilize our communities?

We the masses should speak against this evil. If this was a rich man, nothing would have happened to him.
he shouldn't have printed buhari on the dog

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

This Dog Was Killed By This Angry Snake [photo] / A Nigerian Got Bitten By His Snake Pet (Photos) / Thread For Rottweiler Lovers /breeders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.