Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,022 members, 7,803,437 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel (8081 Views)

The News Site By A Young Ugandan Developer / Blog For Blog. Site For Site / Is Their Any Where I Can Create A Free Blog Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by Oluwolex2000(m): 3:31am On Aug 21, 2016
1) COMPUTER(DESKTOP OR LAPTOP) : having a personal system either laptop or desktop is really advisable to get. There are cheap and affordable laptops you can get there in the market. It's not cool enough to start a blog without your own computer. Am not saying you can't start a blog without having a system, but its more convenient and secure. Imagine using your friend's system to blog, you will have to log him out of his mail just to log in yours, of which in the long run he might get tired of you always using his system or logging him of. What if he doesn't remember his password, will he always love to reset it? Come to think of it, logging into your blog via someone else's system will pose a security threat to your blog the day you forget to log out, you have exposed your blog's back end, especially if it falls on the hand of someone that doesn't have an idea of XML or HTML.

2) REAL CONTENTS/ARTICLE : Just before you start a blog, it's advisable you have your own real contents or article, an article that has never been published by any one but you alone. This helps your blog alot especially for those of you that will love to apply for google Adsence. Contents and real article is one of the fundamentals google will look into before approving your Adsence account ( Content is key). You can just do some guess writing i.e. just guess a unique topic and write something great about it and post, it gives your new blog an edge over the " ctrl C / crtl V " blog team. It also makes your viewers or visitors have the impression that your blog is a legit site.

3) GOOD AND AFFORDABLE DATA PLAN : With the rate at which network providers are competing against themselves, this has made the price of data plans low and affordable, compared to those days when data plans were extremely high and almost impossible to purchase especially for those still collecting allowance from dad and mum. Just get a good network provider that gives cheap data such as MTN( #1000 for 1.5 Gig... etc), GlO( #1000 for 2 Gig... etc), AIRTEL( Also have their own unique data plans ) and the rest. This will reduce the rate of seldom post to blog and will keep you frequently online to move with the world.

4) MODEM OR WI_FI ENABLED PHONE : Just like you have your personal laptop , you must have a modem or a phone that is hotspot ( Wi-Fi ) enabled. This will serve as your router ( a device that forwards data packets between computer networks ). This is what connects you to the internet or just subscribe on your sim and switch on your hotspot to connect to your system.
NOTE : When your hotspot is enabled, don't forget to pass-word it, cause there are some people that are "faster than the fastest".

5) THE RIGHT NICHE :What makes Linda Ikeji a successful blogger? Knowing the right niche before starting a blog/site is essential, if you really want your blog to become successful. There are various niche from Jobs, Entertainment, Careers, How To's, Tutorials on various things and lots more. You have to know what suits you to blog about so as for you not to get tired of blogging. Inexperienced bloggers have the habit of leaving their newly created blog due to low views or just tired of typing, but if you are in the right niche, hardly will you get tired, 'cause you are doing it as fun. When sister Linda bought her house worth over 500million naira, google.com recorded millions of blog accounts opened and just after that they were all inactive. Those people just opened the blog because they heard Linda bought the house as a blogger. #FollowFOLLOWnoDEYpay#

SOURCE : http://..com.ng/2016/08/5-things-you-need-before-you-start.html

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by Boycool1(m): 5:40am On Aug 21, 2016
true talk
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by kingDELE(m): 6:02am On Aug 21, 2016
I don't have no.1 and it's affecting be badly.
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by free2ryhme: 6:36am On Aug 21, 2016
Una don start abi
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by free2ryhme: 6:36am On Aug 21, 2016
5 things to dis, 8 things to dat

Abeg start if you wan start and stop disturbing with repetitive trash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by free2ryhme: 6:37am On Aug 21, 2016
Every blogger wan be Linda ikeji yet dey forget that Linda ikeji was not every blogger when she started

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by free2ryhme: 6:38am On Aug 21, 2016
Don't look up to Linda ikeji to be a blogger.

You won't make it

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by henrydadon(m): 6:39am On Aug 21, 2016
I wonder why Nigerian are not into vlogging..it actually pays well more than goggle..YouTube money is gold..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by LilSmith55(m): 6:42am On Aug 21, 2016
I Don't Really Like Blog, I Prefer Forum
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 21, 2016
kingDELE:
i will send you a clean laptop for N18k
pintechyteam@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by fromnigeria(m): 6:49am On Aug 21, 2016
Okay, thanks
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by kingDELE(m): 6:50am On Aug 21, 2016
Mrsparrow:

pintechyteam@gmail.com
thanks. But I am already working on that already.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by Nobody: 6:50am On Aug 21, 2016
Nice one.. Having your own original and unique article is the key. Bur if you can't, why not hire a freelance writer? Am available. Check my signature to read my blog.
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 21, 2016
kingDELE:
thanks. But I am already working on that already.
Okay..its good.
it will really help you achieve your aim faster.

Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by raziboi(m): 6:54am On Aug 21, 2016
that true bro!!!!
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by kingDELE(m): 6:57am On Aug 21, 2016
henrydadon:
I wonder why Nigerian are not into vlogging..it actually pays well more than goggle..YouTube money is gold..
bro. Plz give me more details about this
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by CertifiedSamuel: 6:57am On Aug 21, 2016
Gone are the days when you can actually blog using smartphones conveniently. I started 'then' Trueinternetworld using a smartphone. And thereafter, bought my first laptop using the money made from blogging.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by topmarks: 7:05am On Aug 21, 2016
le me buy land for my blog
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by LordEmperoris1(m): 7:05am On Aug 21, 2016
k
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by emmakvsaint(m): 7:12am On Aug 21, 2016
A NAIJA NON HOSTED ADSENSE ACCOUNT FOR SALE @ 20K. LETS TALK 08174721372
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by Efewestern: 7:22am On Aug 21, 2016
Mrsparrow:
i will send you a clean laptop for N18k pintechyteam@gmail.com
How clean is the said pc ?, wanna get 1 for some1, cani see a pix of it ?
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by pxjosh(m): 7:33am On Aug 21, 2016
CertifiedSamuel:
Gone are the days when you can actually blog using smartphones conveniently. I started 'then' Trueinternetworld using a smartphone. And thereafter, bought my first laptop using the money made from blogging.
wow..you bogged with your phone, made enough money from blogging with your phone to buy a laptop?
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by pxjosh(m): 7:34am On Aug 21, 2016
LilSmith55:
I Don't Really Like Blog, I Prefer Forum
Me too. You don't have to do all the posting, people will do for you. But getting a forum of the ground is way harder than a blog.
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by pxjosh(m): 7:36am On Aug 21, 2016
^^op I don't have a laptop, and I want to start a blog using my phone., dunno if it will go well just with my phone enough to start earning so I can buy a laptop
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by haryomikun(m): 7:45am On Aug 21, 2016
henrydadon:
Baba vlogging make brain gan. Its got untapped potentials. But then,,, you know say to get views and subscribers on a YouTube channel is daaaaaaamn hard.

Even timidsapsin wey popular for NL small never reach 1k subscribers with all the videos I'm dey share since all these days
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by haryomikun(m): 7:46am On Aug 21, 2016
pxjosh:
^^op I don't have a laptop, and I want to start a blog using my phone., dunno if it will go well just with my phone enough to start earning so I can buy a laptop
Its possible. But then. Its a slim chance. You can't do many things with a phone
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by emaminaj(m): 7:47am On Aug 21, 2016
kingDELE:

You can always start from somewhere...I use my samsung A5 to blog successfully even though I do have a laptop...Wordpress has an android app that makes it easier for you to upload posts or any other thing on your blog...The app also shows you every stat you need to know bout your blog....I've not really had to go back to my laptop because the app works extreme well for me....All am saying is you can always start somewhere...Cheers
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by Pylony(m): 8:03am On Aug 21, 2016
How can i start a blog or forum with my smartphone with out the aid of a PC?
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 21, 2016
Mrsparrow:

pintechyteam@gmail.com
Where is ur office located sir. I think am interested.
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by LilSmith55(m): 8:25am On Aug 21, 2016
pxjosh:
Me too. You don't have to do all the posting, people will do for you. But getting a forum of the ground is way harder than a blog.
True, To Get A Ground Forum Is Hard, But U Have To Think Of What Nobody Else Get On Their Forum And Develop Urs, Copycat Wont Lead To Nowhere.... U Jst Av To Sidon And Think...
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by Sirmuel1(m): 8:27am On Aug 21, 2016
Mrsparrow:
i will send you a clean laptop for N18k pintechyteam@gmail.com

Is the offer for me too? cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Blog Post Ideas To Boost Your Readers Engagement / Cheap Windows Admin Rdp in Nigeria / Mastercode For All Java Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.