Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix (23080 Views)

Fashola Inspects Emergency Repair Of Kaduna-Abuja Expressway (Photos) / Fashola Orders Closure Of Apapa-Ijora Bridge For Emergency Repair(pics) / Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by chimere66: 6:00am On Aug 21, 2016
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF POWER, WORKS AND HOUSING PRESS RELEASE | Office of the Special Adviser on Communications

FG OPENS APAPA-IJORA BRIDGE TO LIGHT TRAFFIC ... As Emergency Repair Works Attain Milestone

The Federal Government at the weekend opened the Apapa-Ijora Bridge to light traffic as the emergency repair works being carried out on it attained a milestone.

It would be recalled that the bridge had to be shut on Monday, August 8 for emergency repair works on its failed sections  and temporary coverage of the failed concrete bridge deck section following an inspection tour and  a meeting with stakeholders by the Hon.Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola SAN.

With consistent attention from the contracting firm, Julius Berger Nigeria Plc and supervisory work by officials of the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing, work on the temporary coverage of the failed concrete bridge deck section was completed Saturday including the approach to the bridge.

Also completed is the placement of height restriction gantry in order to ensure only light traffic can access the bridge.

The bridge is now open to light traffic while repair works continue on the diversions.

HAKEEM BELLO
SPECIAL ADVISER, COMMUNICATIONS TO THE HON. MINISTER
20TH AUGUST, 2016

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/08/fg-opens-apapa-ijora-bridge-to-light.html

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by madridguy(m): 6:08am On Aug 21, 2016
Good Job Fash.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by omenka(m): 6:17am On Aug 21, 2016
I don't get it; what exactly is the "milestone attained" here

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by malenko01(m): 6:18am On Aug 21, 2016
u try
Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by Donexy16(m): 6:18am On Aug 21, 2016
Nice one. But then such attention and prompt response should also be given to other states. Lagos is not the only state in Nigeria

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by MoneyGreen(m): 6:23am On Aug 21, 2016
Donexy16:
Nice one. But then such attention and prompt response should also be given to other states. Lagos is not the only state in Nigeria
[size=15pt]Okonkwo, wetin concern you?[/size] undecided

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by LoveMachine(m): 6:27am On Aug 21, 2016
Nice to see the gov't working. The allocation is being utilized. BRF IS FIRED UP!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by Donexy16(m): 6:33am On Aug 21, 2016
[quote author=MoneyGreen post=48665606][size=15pt]Okonkwo, wetin concern you?[/size] undecided[/quote

Are u a Zombie?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by sarrki(m): 6:41am On Aug 21, 2016
omenka:
Look the Pix again , But objectively this time you will see it

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by omenka(m): 7:12am On Aug 21, 2016
sarrki:
Look the Pix again , But objectively this time you will see it
Baba, no vex oo, if you simply point am to me, e for help me pass. Maybe the bridge was fixed in record time, novel methods or materials were used to fix it, etc..

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 21, 2016
omenka:
Baba, no vex oo, if you simply point am to me, e for help me pass. Maybe the bridge was fixed in record time, novel methods or materials were used to fix it, etc..
The bridge before reconstruction

11 Likes

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by omenka(m): 7:24am On Aug 21, 2016
olatunji21:

The bridge before reconstruction
Wow. Good job indeed. Hope it stands the test of time.. smiley

Abeg, make una epp us tell Oga Fash to come bless Makurdi-Lafia road. Had a close shave 3weeks ago en-route Makurdi from Abj. Blew a tire over a pothole and barely brought my car to a halt. Moments late, just after fixing my spare, another car blew its tire over the same pothole!!

Works, FERMA, make una try for us abeg.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by loopman: 7:46am On Aug 21, 2016
omenka:

Thst road has been abandoned by successive govts for several years despite the fact that it's one of the most economically strategic road in Nigeria as it's the major getaway from Apapa wharf for good transportation up country. Dangote has been trying palliatives on the road without much success.
BRF visited and within a month, that road that has virtually turned to Abiku has been repaired.
My only reservation now is the very narrow temporary gantry to restrict big lorries. It will be causing massive traffic build in apapa during evening rush hours.

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by onatisi(m): 8:13am On Aug 21, 2016
omenka:
That is Nigerians for you.
Even when salaries are paid they call it development.
Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by Femich18(m): 8:16am On Aug 21, 2016
Nice one Baba Fash

1 Like

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by omenka(m): 8:20am On Aug 21, 2016
loopman:

Thst road has been abandoned by successive govts for several years despite the fact that it's one of the most economically strategic road in Nigeria as it's the major getaway from Apapa wharf for good transportation up country. Dangote has been trying palliatives on the road without much success.
BRF visited and within a month, that road that has virtually turned to Abiku has been repaired.
My only reservation now is the very narrow temporary gantry to restrict big lorries. It will be causing massive traffic build in apapa during evening rush hours.
Okay, wasn't aware of all that. Good job they did indeed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by mekzyjoe(m): 9:02am On Aug 21, 2016
My People dont b decive by dis pishures.. I work in apapa, i even passed Tru dis road yestday, d road is notin to Write home abt.. Day only worked on a small portion of d Bridge.. . Dangote wanted to work on d road, he has already stationed his construction trucks close to d road bt as u know, d govt insisted on payment first bfo he can carry out repairs... because of dat, he has abandon d Project.. Dnt b decive apapa road is an isore.. So dirty n disgustin... i weep for dis country wit deir gimicks

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by Lazyreporta(m): 9:03am On Aug 21, 2016
Ok
Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by centyboy: 9:03am On Aug 21, 2016
K
Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by cangoallnyt: 9:15am On Aug 21, 2016
omenka:
Okay, wasn't aware of all that. Good job they did indeed.
they did a good job really
the last time i used that road bro
i felt so bad..i know this place v.well .so lets appreciate this good work

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by Thisis2raw(m): 9:22am On Aug 21, 2016
For the past 18months this is his first achievement
Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by EagleScribes: 9:26am On Aug 21, 2016
Nice one
mekzyjoe:
My People dont b decive by dis pishures.. I work in apapa, i even passed Tru dis road yestday, d road is notin to Write home abt.. Day only worked on a small portion of d Bridge.. . Dangote wanted to work on d road, he has already stationed his construction trucks close to d road bt as u know, d govt insisted on payment first bfo he can carry out repairs... because of dat, he has abandon d Project.. Dnt b decive apapa road is an isore.. So dirty n disgustin... i weep for dis country wit deir gimicks

Really?
Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by Iscoalarcon: 9:28am On Aug 21, 2016
Wow Uncle Fashe is really working now
Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by loopman: 9:32am On Aug 21, 2016
Well, one silly bagger just rammed into the height barricade.
I think JB should fix a flashing light warning motorists about the gantry height.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by YINKS89(m): 9:36am On Aug 21, 2016
always in lag..... juz sayin thou.
Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by izzy4shizzy(m): 9:38am On Aug 21, 2016
Ok
Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by lordkhalifa(m): 9:45am On Aug 21, 2016
minister of Lagos well done.... I see no federal character in fashola portfolio
Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by RicksonUdofia(m): 9:47am On Aug 21, 2016
Calabar-Itu completely inaccessible. Ugep-Abakaliki inaccessible. What sin did we commit that FG cannot pardon us? This bridge received an urgent attention while these roads beg for pardon!
Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by loopman: 9:51am On Aug 21, 2016
mekzyjoe:

You are a worthless and wicked liar.
Dangote moved in his equipment into the place for the last 3 months and his paliatives messures only worsened the state of the road. According to sources, he want to use the road repairs to get duty and tax waivers from the government, meanwhile his trucks are highly culpable in the destruction to the bridge and whaef road.
If you are a daily user of that road, you will appreciate what these people have done while causing mininmal distruption to movement. They have now moved to the cheery noodles under bridge to repair the road that leads to Mobil road to open up that area. They will still come back to that bridge to continue the work down to ijora.
Wicked souls and blind criticism

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 21, 2016
APAPA -TINCAN- COCONUT AXIS IS WHAT SHOULD BE GIVEN 101% PRIORITY NOW.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix by citizenY(m): 10:04am On Aug 21, 2016
cangoallnyt:

they did a good job really
the last time i used that road bro
i felt so bad..i know this place v.well .so lets appreciate this good work

We shall see after one heavy rain....I do not know,where the water will fliw to. Unless they have addressed that issue.

Meanwhile, their attention should shift to Tib Can Island. The mess there is of an epidemic proportion. The whole stetch of road there is an enviroental disaster. The congestion there is something else. They live, work, eat, sleep, bathe and defecate there. If there is any emergency there, I wonder how fire,trucks and ambulances will be,of any use.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Gowon, Jonathan, Others Attend Shonekan’s Funeral / Obono-Obla: Peter Obi Is Not Eligible To Contest Presidential Election Under LP / Oshiomhole Mocks Jang At The NEC meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.