Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,839 members, 7,798,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

As A Christian, How Do You Love God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Christian, How Do You Love God? (7415 Views)

All Things Work Together For Good To Them That Love God And Are In His Purpose / Why Do You Love God? / As A Converted Christian, How Do I Preach The Gospel With Tattoo allOver My Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Christian, How Do You Love God? by ddeola: 7:20am On Aug 22, 2016
By obeying Him
Re: As A Christian, How Do You Love God? by jahstech: 7:21am On Aug 22, 2016
Drew0:

Google is your friend.
You and Google revealed a lot, but a lot are still unanswered.

You only aroused my curiosity more and left me with more questions.

The effect of religion to this world is far reaching, many view it as doing more harm than good, and discredit it teachings based on the outcome of many professed Christians.
Teaching from most religious body are either baseless or paint their God in the wrong light.
Your first statement concerning religion already shows how far from the truth you are. (The bible didn't teach that God would punish people for not worshipping him).
You seem to forget one important truth; Christianity didn't begin from Google but the Bible. This whole scenario is like trying to identify real money from counterfeit money, you can know real money by observing the traits of counterfeit alone, have you taken of your busy time to study the real money?

So my friend as you took your time to find out the reason why Christianity is baseless, I also employ you to take time and find out what true Christianity is all about, by either checking Google as well or by checking for yourself the bible, the true source of Christianity.
Re: As A Christian, How Do You Love God? by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 22, 2016
jahstech:

You and Google revealed a lot, but a lot are still unanswered.

You only aroused my curiosity more and left me with more questions.

The effect of religion to this world is far reaching, many view it as doing more harm than good, and discredit it teachings based on the outcome of many professed Christians.
Teaching from most religious body are either baseless or paint their God in the wrong light.
Your first statement concerning religion already shows how far from the truth you are. (The bible didn't teach that God would punish people for not worshipping him).
You seem to forget one important truth; Christianity didn't begin from Google but the Bible. This whole scenario is like trying to identify real money from counterfeit money, you can know real money by observing the traits of counterfeit alone, have you taken of your busy time to study the real money?

So my friend as you took your time to find out the reason why Christianity is baseless, I also employ you to take time and find out what true Christianity is all about, by either checking Google as well or by checking for yourself the bible, the true source of Christianity.

You are very stupid.
Re: As A Christian, How Do You Love God? by oaroloye(m): 7:41am On Aug 22, 2016
Mrdecent:
I have heard Christians, pastors most especially that one should love God by working in his vineyard and giving God his or her substance. my question is how do we love God as a Christian? happy Sunday.

SHALOM!

You go to Church, you pay Tithes and Offerings- yet you do not know the answer to this simple question- proving that you have wasted your time and money.

I come along, and give you the correct answers for free- but not only does no one pay me- they do not have the courtesy nor gumption to drop a COMMENT on my POSTS, nor my BLOGS.

[See my Blog: "LOVE:" DISAMBIGUATION AND EXPLANTION.]

. 1st JOHN 5:1-5.

WHOSOEVER believeth
that Jesus is The Christ is born of God:
and every one that loveth Him that begat
loveth him also that is begotten of Him.
2. By this we know that
we love The Children of God,

"When we love God,
and keep His Commandments."

3. For this is The Love of God,

"That we keep His Commandments:"

and His Commandments are not grievous
4. For whatsoever is Born of God overcometh the World: and this is The Victory that overcometh the World,
"(Even) our Faith."
5. Who is he that overcometh the World,
but he that believeth that
Jesus is The Son of God?

. JOHN 14:15-27.

15. "If ye love me, keep my Commandments.
16. "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17. "Even the Spirit of Truth; Whom the World cannot receive, because It seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18. "I will not leave you Comfortless: I will come to you.
19. "Yet a little while, and the World seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20. "At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21. "He that hath my Commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."
22. Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot,
"Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the World?"
23. Jesus answered and said unto him,
"If a man love me, he will keep my Words, and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24. "He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings:
and The Word which ye hear is not mine,
but The Father's Which sent me."
25. "These things have I spoken unto you, being (yet) present with you.
26. "But The Comforter, (Which is) The Holy Ghost, Whom The Father will send in my Name, He shall Teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things whatsoever I have said unto you.
27. "Peace I leave with you, my Peace I give unto you: not as the World giveth give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

"LOVE" MEANS: "KEEPING THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD."

The Ancient Greeks had TWELVE different words that the crude Oyinbo Barbarians translated "LOVE."

Please use common sense, here: HOW CAN YOU HAVE TWELVE DIFFERENT THINGS- AND USE ONE WORD[/i]TO DESCRIBE [i]ALL OF THEM?

Therefore the wicked Oyinbo Homosexual False Christians say that THEIR EROS (the only one of the twelve words that is NOT used in the New Testament!) ABOMINATION is merely fulfilling The Commandment of God to "LOVE ONE ANOTHER," "LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR," "LOVE THINE ENEMIES," and so on.

That these Oyinbos are ALL TOGETHER in their DECEEPTION is proven by the Oyinbo Preachers, and their Black Servants, who ALLOW THIS DECEPTION TO STAND, WITHOUT CORRECTING THE HOMOSEXUAL ABOMINATIONS.

They create ABOMINABLE Doctrines of their own.

. 1st JOHN 4:8.

8. He that loveth not knoweth not God;
For GOD IS LOVE.

When they say "GOD IS LOVE," they do not DEFINE that "LOVE" correctly.

Therefore they leave the impression that GOD has ROMANTIC LOVE toward EVERYBODY.

This causes BRAIN-BREAKING CONFUSION, when people TRY to RECONCILE the concept that God LOVES Sinners ROMANTICALLY- but will send them to HELL.

MOST ANGLOPHONIC CHRISTIANS GO MAD TRYING TO RECONCILE THIS!

This is NOT the sort of LOVE God IS!

. EXODUS 20:1-7.

AND God spake all these Words, saying,
2. "I [am] The LORD
thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the House of Bondage.
3. "Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4. "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in Heaven above, or that [is] in the Earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the Earth:
5. "Thou shalt
not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God
[am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me;
6. "And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love Me, and keep My Commandments.
7. "Thou shalt not take The Name of the LORD thy God in vain; for The LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh His Name in vain."

GOD IS THE ENFORCER OF HIS LAWS.

When God Flooded the OLD WORLD, and Slaughtered the Egyptian Firstborns and Pharaoh's Army- THAT WAS THE LOVE OF GOD IN ACTION!

The Oyinbo False Christians give out that GOD LOVES HIS SERVANTS AS A FATHER LOVES HIS CHILDREN.

That is [i[BULLSHIT![/i]

. ISAIAH 55:6-11.

6. Seek ye The LORD while He may yet be found, call ye upon Him while He is near.
7. "Let the Wicked forsake his way, and the Unrighteous man his Thoughts: and let him return unto The LORD, and He will have Mercy upon him; and to our God, for
8."For My Thoughts (are) not your thoughts,
Neither (are) your ways My Ways," saith The LORD.
9. "For (as) the Heavens are higher than the Earth,
So are My Ways higher than your ways,
And My Thoughts than your thoughts.
10. "For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from from Heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the Earth, and maketh It bring forth and bud, that It may give seed to the Sower, and Bread to the Eater:
11. "So shall My Word be that goeth forth out of My Mouth: It shall not return unto me void, but It shall accomplish that which I please, and It shall prosper (in the thing) whereto I sent It."

GOD'S WAYS ARE HIGHER THAN HUMAN WAYS!

Comparisons BREAK DOWN!

You have to WORK HARD to understand God!

ORAL ROBERTS once prayed to know: "How can I know Jesus?" He was answered:

"READ MATTHEW, MARK, LUKE, JOHN, and the Book of ACTS- THREE times in THIRTY days!"

Kenneth Copeland said that he did it on his knees,
At the end of the thirty days, he testified, he now knew Jesus better than he knew any man on the Face of the Earth!
Re: As A Christian, How Do You Love God? by jahstech: 9:50am On Aug 22, 2016
Drew0:

You are very stupid.

Your comments from the onset already showed the sort of person you are, after claiming to be educated, mere insults are what you turn to. Even if you have all the knowledge you claim to have, not being able to to defend yourself speaks volumes about the sort of knowledge you have.

A teacher calling a student stupid cos he asked questions or thought there could be other method to solve a particular problem isn't knowledgeable enough for the job.

My best guess is that you heard a lot of stories about religion, they didn't appeal to you, but you in turn didn't bother to check where those stories were coming from but rather concluded that religion is a piece of shit.

Your arrogance and pride is similar all those who I have spoken to on Nairaland who strongly oppose religion. While I agree that I may be stupid and an illiterate, those who claim to be knowledgeable fail to answer my questions.

I take comfort in the delusion called religion cause it answers all mans problems, changes attitudes and morals, you can imagine your own comments, you who claim to be educated resulting to mere abuses, that's really low of you, but my religious personality teaches me that you don't abuse people unnecessarily, as far as it depends on me, am willing to make peace with you no matter how hostile you may seem.
Removing the stupidity called religion out of the equation turns us all to animals, here today gone tomorrow, with no future or hope, unless otherwise you prove to me how you are better than mere animals.
Many turn to science feeling it has all the answers, but you do the math, when science invents 5 things to make life better they are inevitably inventing 3 things to destroy life, look around you, those who develop bombs, guns, war tanks, are all scientists, what are the effects of such on a global scale?

When you are reasonable enough to tell me of a solution to worlds biggest problems and not think alone of your own comfort, I would start taking you seriously, but if whatever you believe in tells you to be interested in yourself alone and nothing else matters, that you are a God, then you are among the problem the world is having.
Re: As A Christian, How Do You Love God? by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 22, 2016
jahstech:

Your comments from the onset already showed the sort of person you are, after claiming to be educated, mere insults are what you turn to. Even if you have all the knowledge you claim to have, not being able to to defend yourself speaks volumes about the sort of knowledge you have.

A teacher calling a student stupid cos he asked questions or thought there could be other method to solve a particular problem isn't knowledgeable enough for the job.

My best guess is that you heard a lot of stories about religion, they didn't appeal to you, but you in turn didn't bother to check where those stories were coming from but rather concluded that religion is a piece of shit.

Your arrogance and pride is similar all those who I have spoken to on Nairaland who strongly oppose religion. While I agree that I may be stupid and an illiterate, those who claim to be knowledgeable fail to answer my questions.

I take comfort in the delusion called religion cause it answers all mans problems, changes attitudes and morals, you can imagine your own comments, you who claim to be educated resulting to mere abuses, that's really low of you, but my religious personality teaches me that you don't abuse people unnecessarily, as far as it depends on me, am willing to make peace with you no matter how hostile you may seem.
Removing the stupidity called religion out of the equation turns us all to animals, here today gone tomorrow, with no future or hope, unless otherwise you prove to me how you are better than mere animals.
Many turn to science feeling it has all the answers, but you do the math, when science invents 5 things to make life better they are inevitably inventing 3 things to destroy life, look around you, those who develop bombs, guns, war tanks, are all scientists, what are the effects of such on a global scale?

When you are reasonable enough to tell me of a solution to worlds biggest problems and not think alone of your own comfort, I would start taking you seriously, but if whatever you believe in tells you to be interested in yourself alone and nothing else matters, that you are a God, then you are among the problem the world is having.

Please go and die smiley you no get use.

Bye.
Re: As A Christian, How Do You Love God? by jahstech: 11:32am On Aug 22, 2016
Drew0:

Please go and die smiley you no get use.

Bye.
I have seen something further under the sun, that the swift do not always win the race, nor do the mighty win the battle, nor do the wise always have the food, nor do the intelligent always have the riches, nor do those with knowledge always have success, because time and unexpected events overtake them all. For man does not know his time. Just as fish are caught in an evil net and birds are caught in a trap, so the sons of men are ensnared in a time of disaster, when it suddenly overtakes them.

For wisdom is a protection just as money is a protection, but the advantage of knowledge is this: Wisdom preserves the life of its owner.

Your knowledge is supposed to make you wise but instead of making you wise it has become a snare to you.

There would come a time and it is not far off when bible prophecy would be fulfilled on a global scale/earth wide scale, ( the end of all false religion ) I pray you are able to discern the supremacy of the true God Jehovah then.

Thanks.
Re: As A Christian, How Do You Love God? by promise10: 12:31pm On Aug 22, 2016
FearGodAndLive:
By using your brain and talent.
Good one.

Now can you tell me how one can use his brain and talents to love God?
Re: As A Christian, How Do You Love God? by promise10: 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2016
Drew0:

You are very stupid.
HERE HE GOES.......
A typical atheists who knows NOTHING about morality and has NO conscience!
Re: As A Christian, How Do You Love God? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2016
promise10:

HERE HE GOES.......

A typical atheists who knows NOTHING about morality and has NO conscience!

Lol I'm not an atheist,
Re: As A Christian, How Do You Love God? by promise10: 12:53pm On Aug 22, 2016
Drew0:

Lol I'm not an atheist,
How would you be an atheist? You are talking to a kid.
Sincerity, the way out of the foolishness of atheism.
Re: As A Christian, How Do You Love God? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 22, 2016
promise10:

How would you be an atheist? You are talking to a kid.

Sincerity, the way out of the foolishness of atheism.

I don't understand your last post.

Come again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DAY 1 Meditations And Prayers: MFM 70 Days Fasting And Prayer / Possible Similarities Between Pro-life & Pro-choice Moral Worldviews On Abortion / What Did You Learn From Today's Message In Church.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.