Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,702 members, 7,802,091 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Nairaland Vs Lindaikejisblog - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nairaland Vs Lindaikejisblog (1198 Views)

Nairaland Vs 6TERS. This Is What I Found. / Nairaland Vs Lib / Google Adsense Just Ban Lindaikejisblog.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Vs Lindaikejisblog by Nairastake: 2:31pm On Aug 21, 2016
Blogging is one online business which has set many youths into financial freedom while some are still struggling to find their feet in the business. Blogging to me is the combination of passion and income. You blog about what you have passion for, then you make an income through adverts.

The most popular blog in Nigeria is http://linikejisblog.com (LIB) owned by female model turned blogger Linda Ikeji. The Alexa ranking of her blog/website as of 21 Aug 2016 is 16th in Nigeria, with an estimated income of $63,326/month on siteprice.org, and an approximate of 211,000 unique visitors/day.

In the other hand, we have Forum which is not as rampant as blogging but still yields income for many. The most popular forum in Nigeria and even Africa is Seun Osewa’s owned http://nairaland.com (NL) which boosts of more than 1.5 million users and over 3 million topics. Alexa ranks NL 8th most visited website in Nigeria as of 21st Aug 2016. Siteprice.org values NL income at $118,556/month, with an approximately 395,000 unique visitors/day.

Another forum that has stood the test of time is http://naijapals.com , but that will be talk for another day. Many forums have sprung up to compete with NL but none has come close to even compete with a section of NL.

A look at both (LIB) and NL shows that both sites are doing pretty well but when compared, one will be forced to conclude that NL yields more return than LIB. But I will disagree with the above estimated worth by http://siteprice.org

You may ask “why?” A visit to LIB shows so many adverts by Google Adsense, also self-serve adverts by musicians, banks, fashion designers etc… while on NL, only self-serve adverts are displayed on the forum.
Also her advert rate surpasses that of NL’s with her back-page takeover going for as much as N2m in a single month (Choi! That’s more than my 5 years salary), of course NL don’t offer back-page takeover advert.

Though Seun the owner of NL may not be blowing whistle of his worth, but the recent purchase of a mansion in banana island by Linda which costs more than N500m and her new multi-purpose office which was set up with above N80m says a lot about the income from her blog.

Furthermore, LIB offers sponsored posts at the rate of N50k but such wouldn’t be found on NL.

With NL running targeted adverts on its 69 sections/sub section including the homepage with the price of homepage Ad going for as much as approx. N437,400k, one may be forced to think otherwise, but when you see some sections Ad going for less than N5k/month, you won’t but believe in my assertions that LIB yields better.

I think the little points listed above are enough to prove that LIB yields more return than NL.

As for site worth, NL worth is estimated above $4m on siteprice.org whereas LIB is estimated at little above $2m. But I'm sure both sites worth are way beyond $10m each.

It is crystal clear that NL ranks above LIB in Site visits with information gathered from both alexa.com and siteprice.org.

So what do you think?

http://comparehub.com.ng/2016/08/compare-nairaland-vs-lindaikejisblog/

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Vs Lindaikejisblog by smellingmenses: 2:37pm On Aug 21, 2016
Seun will not like the display of his income in here.... Hope he's paying taxes lest FIRS shutdown his operations.... Being a member of this forum since 2009 I am entitled to some of the jolly dollar income. .....
Re: Nairaland Vs Lindaikejisblog by bigtt76(f): 2:39pm On Aug 21, 2016
Nice one. Oga Seun is on top of the matter. Though I believe his aim for setting up NL is not to make money but as a Social innovation platform
Re: Nairaland Vs Lindaikejisblog by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 21, 2016
Leave matter for another day. I have decided to make my own money and not follow the news of millionaires. It's the same 24 hours we all have in a day, nothing differentiates me from them. OP take my advice and stop chasing shadows.
Re: Nairaland Vs Lindaikejisblog by Nairastake: 7:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
charix:
Leave matter for another day. I have decided to make my own money and not follow the news of millionaires. It's the same 24 hours we all have in a day, nothing differentiates me from them. OP take my advice and stop chasing shadows.

To be a king, serve a king.
Re: Nairaland Vs Lindaikejisblog by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 21, 2016
There is no caparison here. Do you know the amount of Nigerians that have been empowered and saved through NL? Seun succeeded in creating a forum that brings all sort of ideas and personalities, just find your match.
As a matter of fact, Linda Ikeji matter is brought to this forum for proper naija review and criticism. Here we have the good, the bad and the crazy.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Vs Lindaikejisblog by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 21, 2016
Nairastake:

To be a king, serve a king.
#fail.
To become a king, make yourself one.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Vs Lindaikejisblog by osile2012: 12:17am On Aug 22, 2016
[size=18pt]You can rate both of them..[/size]

Re: Nairaland Vs Lindaikejisblog by Nairastake: 3:46pm On Aug 24, 2016
charix:

#fail.
To become a king, make yourself one.

undecided

(1) (Reply)

Which platform Is better: Olx, Jiji Or Efritin? / My LANLORD In Abuja Decreases House Rent. / Augustine With Nairaland Moniker aaustin921 Is A Thief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.