Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

I'm Into 3D Modeling - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / I'm Into 3D Modeling (4126 Views)

4 Days 3D Modeling Training Workshop In Abuja / Any 3d Modeling And Animation In Nigeria / 3d Modeling And Animation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Into 3D Modeling by wilsonhaze(m): 1:47pm On Nov 26, 2005
3D Modeller

I'm wilson, I do 3d/2d animation, video effects, webdesigning, and i make audio instrumentals. But I haven't started making real cash yet. Any way someone could tell me where in Nigeria to look for jobs relating to my skills? cool
Re: I'm Into 3D Modeling by demmy(m): 7:11pm On Nov 26, 2005
In Nollywood for one I guess. Or in some game development firm. I don't know of any in Naija though.
Re: I'm Into 3D Modeling by Seun(m): 12:35pm On Nov 27, 2005
Try to create some interesting, original works and then set up a website to show them off. Then you can join sites like Scriptlance.com to bid for jobs in that area, or use your site to recruit clients, or use your network to get clients. It's important to have a gallery where prospective clients can see your previous work.
Re: I'm Into 3D Modeling by elphem(m): 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2005
3D Modelling, I really want more knowledge about it, can anyone give me a clue please!
Re: I'm Into 3D Modeling by grafikdon: 6:06pm On Jan 04, 2006
elphem:

3D Modelling, I really want more knowledge about it, can anyone give me a clue please!

You can start learning modeling by going through the numerous online tutorials dealing with the software of your choice, be it Lightwave, Softimage XSI or 3D  Studio Max. If you'd like to get into organic modeling like humans and so on, a little knowledge of anatomy can help. there are a lot of reference out there...people, magazines...heck, you can even use your anatomical structures for reference.

Mastering modeling takes time and could be completely overwhelming when you try it the first time. I remember the intimidation I got staring at the Lightwave interface back in 2003...heck I was completely overwhelmed but I had the zeal and the drive and never stopped until I saw myself deep into the modeling process. Now I can model just about anything with ease using Lightwave of course (My primary modeling application). Took me about two years to get where I am now but it was well worth it...heck I was doing a full time job while learning 3D modeling./animation starting from 2003.

On the other hand, modeling isn't always about humans and orcs and beautiful girls...if your aim is broadcast graphics and architectural visualization...you may not bother yourself much with anatomy. It helps though 'cause no knowledge they say is a waste.
Re: I'm Into 3D Modeling by sbucareer(f): 2:58pm On Jan 10, 2006

If you are good at Maths and physics then considering 3D Modelling can fetch you money.  I am not particularly interested in project work and minor development.  I am talking of working for TV stations, Film industry (Nollywood) and my favourite, game industry.

Like in London and elsewhere, TV and production industry have adopted cartoons and Disney movies for kids in the form of animation.  TV's has now got 40% commercial advertisement between their series as animated advert.  I cannot say for Niger but 3D is just not a small job, it is very challenging, it is for someone with abstract or art mind.

Finally games, this is Premiership as in football compare to other development using 3D.  Complex mathematical calculations.  You are virtually creating AI (Artificial Intelligence) on a DVD or other distro media.  These guys are digital gurus and are good cartoonist.

To embark on 3D, first you must forget any application software and learn designing animation by hand using C/C++, the best choice for 3D.  It is memory efficient in the hands of a good programmer, using pointers to manager and reference and dereference object, good choice.  After that you can choose a sophisticated 3D application suit and start practicing and polishing your skills.

Design a simple 30 minutes movie and post it on the web, employer will pay for your ticket fees to come and work for them.  Take this site as reference

eye4u
Re: I'm Into 3D Modeling by slowmo(m): 3:00pm On Feb 10, 2006
i'm into 3d modeling also, but planning to go solo. just need a little capital to start with and a good creative mind
Re: I'm Into 3D Modeling by coolblue(m): 2:49am On Feb 25, 2006
Lets see, for those who just want to delve into the 3d world, note that the realm requires dedication as well as creative imagination. with these and a whole lot of patience ud be just fine.
If you are already in the realm, looking for a break a showcase would be niec. i dont know about a 30 mins strech, its a lot of work for a single person to accomplish but put up your best for the world to see at 3d sites on the web.
remember its about using ur creative abilities to bring dreams to life. cheesy
Re: I'm Into 3D Modeling by larger20(m): 8:40pm On Mar 19, 2006
Spice up your 3D with industrial engineering or product architecture. If u do pure 3D or graphich design, chances are you will not find a stable job unless you want to freelance and be self employed.

I am into 3D modeling as well, i use both 3D max and maya. Also very proficient in autocad, solidworks and pro engineer. I use matlab, abacus, ansys and photoshop as well. I am not into html at all,
Re: I'm Into 3D Modeling by pucho(m): 11:26am On Apr 04, 2006
hi all,
i am presently working on a proposal to some of the leading Nollywood producers and Directors on animation,videoeffects and special effects. anyone interested can hoola me on lawalseuna@yahoo.com . i believe with great ideas and a little hard work we rae unstopppable.
Re: I'm Into 3D Modeling by mutw(m): 11:54am On Jul 08, 2010
I am just into 3D modelling,
How would i be lifted up in AFTEREFFECTS, 3DMAX and other animations softwares.
any samaritan out there? yes, please shed light on the way forward cos I want to be guru like you.
Thanks and stay blessed.
Re: I'm Into 3D Modeling by Aseye(m): 12:11am On Jul 09, 2010
there is nothing compared to d satisfaction you get from doing what you have passion for, since you are not forced to do it or you are not doing it out of 'no other choice' that's why i would say the no.1 thing for any graphic artist be it 3D or print artist, is your passion for what you do, it will help you go all the way, so @poster and @all, its not about the number of packages you can use, if you know just one and you can use it extremely well, your jobs will speak for you (but am not saying you stick with one) another thing you need is a creative mind, without one, your knowledge is a waste,
Re: I'm Into 3D Modeling by emak1991: 6:41pm On Jul 09, 2020
I'm into 3d modeling and animation. I use blender and I use Maya.If u are interested in learning 3d modeling and animation, call me on 08106244065(Rainbow view animation).

Re: I'm Into 3D Modeling by emak1991: 3:31pm On Jan 26, 2021
We offer 3d modeling training and you can also get ur modeling work done with us.....we are into character modeling, environment modeling, objects modeling, character and cars modeling and rigging and animation... Online training...12k, physical training... 50k....call 08106244065
Re: I'm Into 3D Modeling by akin1991: 5:08pm On Mar 03, 2021
Register for your training in 3D modelling and animation and get certified (Government Approved) at Center for Geospatial Science and 3D Graphics Design Ltd, Ibadan, Oyo state, Nigeria.. Our services include getting projects work done in 3D modelling for Students, Cooperate organizations and Government parastatals. We offer both physical training and online training. Physical training 45k, Online training 20k... For more information, contact us on the following contacts... Instagram @akinwaleemmanuel2, email @ akinwaleemmanuel55@gmail.com, Phone number @ +2348106244065, +2347089382284
Re: I'm Into 3D Modeling by Rotepim: 3:29pm On Jul 27, 2022
Pls I need someone who will be willing to help model some assets in blender for a fee.

You can mail me at
visitrotimi@gmail.com
Re: I'm Into 3D Modeling by excell0001: 10:42am On Aug 21, 2022
Rotepim:
Pls I need someone who will be willing to help model some assets in blender for a fee.

You can mail me at
visitrotimi@gmail.com

am mailing

or you you can mail omamistudios@gmail.com
Re: I'm Into 3D Modeling by lifenija: 9:27pm On Aug 22, 2022
sbucareer:

If you are good at Maths and physics then considering 3D Modelling can fetch you money.  I am not particularly interested in project work and minor development.  I am talking of working for TV stations, Film industry (Nollywood) and my favourite, game industry.

Like in London and elsewhere, TV and production industry have adopted cartoons and Disney movies for kids in the form of animation.  TV's has now got 40% commercial advertisement between their series as animated advert.  I cannot say for Niger but 3D is just not a small job, it is very challenging, it is for someone with abstract or art mind.

Finally games, this is Premiership as in football compare to other development using 3D.  Complex mathematical calculations.  You are virtually creating AI (Artificial Intelligence) on a DVD or other distro media.  These guys are digital gurus and are good cartoonist.

To embark on 3D, first you must forget any application software and learn designing animation by hand using C/C++, the best choice for 3D.  It is memory efficient in the hands of a good programmer, using pointers to manager and reference and dereference object, good choice.  After that you can choose a sophisticated 3D application suit and start practicing and polishing your skills.

Design a simple 30 minutes movie and post it on the web, employer will pay for your ticket fees to come and work for them.  Take this site as reference

eye4u
so maths n physics? In other words people working for pixel are scientists?

YOU ARE DUMB
Re: I'm Into 3D Modeling by excell0001: 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2022
lifenija:
so maths n physics? In other words people working for pixel are scientists?

YOU ARE DUMB

I don't know why people in this forum cannot communicate without insulting
3d animation areas like physics simulations and particle simulation requires understanding of physics not in the all science way though and also if you are doing animation for orgs like nasa and shell you would need good understanding of physics and maths as well as when doing product design that would actually be manufactured like car firms, etc

(1) (Reply)

My 3D Logo Design Portfolio / Follow @darefunflick On Twitter For A Free Business Card Design. / New To Drawing? No Problem. Do This, And Your Drawing Skills Will Improve.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.