Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! (1485 Views)

Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode / Buhari Overthrew Shagari Over $2.8b Oil Scam: Tinubu Wants APC VP Slot – Ikimi / Rivers PDP 'Congratulates' Amaechi For Losing APC's VP Slot. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! by streetcyph: 1:50am On Dec 13, 2006
people, these are the biggest updates thus far:

Obasanjo gives yaradua the nod, vp to come from south-east, not south south
(the likes of duke are ruled out)

uba being pencilled as possible vp candidate

buhari, ibb and atiku join forces to fight obasanjo

an entirely new gubernatorial primaries (not runoff) to hold in lagos on wednesday!

Fashola selected (not elected) ac guber candidate!

Femi pedro declares for labour party tommorow!

Agbaje, afikuyomi, others stage protests, set to team up with pedro

wwwwoooow!
Re: Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! by BigB11(m): 3:01am On Dec 13, 2006
I'm not surprised, DUKE is a fine man, but needs more time to develop.

Even his supporters know this fact, but refuse to see the light.

OBJ will not approve anyone he does not trust.

Fact: OBJ doesn't trust Yoruba or Igbo.
Re: Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! by buchio7(m): 3:19am On Dec 13, 2006
@big b1

could it be dat d great big b1,the unapologetic crusader 4 ibb has finally realised that his quest was in vain? eeeyaahhh!!!! wat a shame ,all dat rhetoric n sleepless moments campaigning for a candidate who balked at d first slight sign of resistance, dats nt a sign of a leader, dont u agree big b1?
Re: Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! by buchio7(m): 3:20am On Dec 13, 2006
streetcyph:

people, these are the biggest updates thus far:

OBASANJO GIVES YARADUA THE NOD, VP TO COME FROM SOUTH-EAST, NOT SOUTH SOUTH
(the likes of duke are ruled out)

UBA BEING PENCILLED AS POSSIBLE VP CANDIDATE

BUHARI, IBB AND ATIKU JOIN FORCES TO FIGHT OBASANJO

AN ENTIRELY NEW GUBERNATORIAL PRIMARIES (not runoff) TO HOLD IN LAGOS ON WEDNESDAY!

FASHOLA SELECTED (NOT ELECTED) AC GUBER CANDIDATE!

FEMI PEDRO DECLARES FOR LABOUR PARTY TOMMOROW!

AGBAJE, AFIKUYOMI, OTHERS STAGE PROTESTS, SET TO TEAM UP WITH PEDRO

wwwwoooow!

unfounded rumours!!! obj aint tinking of giving any v.p. slot to the south -east
Re: Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! by BigB11(m): 3:23am On Dec 13, 2006
@BUCHIO7

It's not over till the fat lady sings.

Sit back and watch, my friend.
Re: Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! by zexyworm: 8:41am On Dec 13, 2006
Shear propaganda. Duke will take the PDP presidential ticket, history is around the corner dudes.

Should PDP Nigeria nominate a criminal phoney with fake degrees like UBA to be VP, Nigeria is doomed.
Re: Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:43am On Dec 13, 2006
am not not suprised i knew he wouldn't make it.
Re: Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! by Bolarge(m): 9:53am On Dec 13, 2006
Big B1:

It's not over till the fat lady sings.

Haven't u heard?The fat lady's dead.
Your dad's Structural Adjustment Programme (SAP) stuctured her to death. cry cry grin
Re: Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! by streetcyph: 1:36pm On Dec 13, 2006
buchio7:

unfounded rumours!!! obj aint tinking of giving any v.p. slot to the south -east

my broda, u will see it unfold yourself.
Re: Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! by ayo84(m): 2:55pm On Dec 13, 2006
men this cant be true,im a duke fan and believe me if this is what happens i'll be sad sad sad sad
Re: Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! by streetcyph: 3:32pm On Dec 13, 2006
http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/zmagazine/article.php?articleid=12498

that is your evidence. get ready for a yaradua AND uba ticket
Re: Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! by demmy(m): 4:01pm On Dec 13, 2006
Can we stop peddling rumors and illogical hearsays as news?
Re: Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! by Mariory(m): 4:03pm On Dec 13, 2006
Typical of Nigerian media.

As the screening of PDP presidential aspirants continues, there are indications that the presidency is scheming to pair the duo of Governor Umar Yar’Adua of Katsina State, who has been tipped as an anointed successor, and former Special Assistant to the President, Mr. Andy Uba

Indications? What indications? That Andy Uba emerged as the PDP governorship candidate in Anambra State?
Re: Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! by streetcyph: 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2006
demmy:

Can we stop peddling rumors and illogical hearsays as news?

hearsay rumours? u make me laugh my brotha.

come saturday, i'll be the first one to tell u i told you so.

these rumours have metamorphosed into reality. the story is all over abuja right now. if you have ears in aso rock, you would know.
Re: Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! by Seun(m): 5:03pm On Dec 13, 2006
Isn't this something to be decided in PDP primaries?
Re: Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! by streetcyph: 5:34pm On Dec 13, 2006
Seun:

Isn't this something to be decided in PDP primaries?

theoretically yes, but the practicality of pdp (and nigerian) politics is that the other aspirants will be mere lame ducks.
Re: Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! by TerraCotta(m): 6:27pm On Dec 13, 2006
I siddon look--the story today in all the papers is that PDP is pushing Yar'Adua (hoping against hope that this isn't true). There's also a giant headline saying that people within the party are pressuring OBJ to drop Yar'Adua as his candidate.

I think the Andy Uba connection's a little far-fetched--why is he still in contention for Anambra if he's in line for VP?

I am still fully in support of Donald Duke, although I think it's becoming less likely that he'll emerge the PDP candidate. There's not even an appealing alternative among all these other candidates. Yar'Adua's main claim to fame is that nobody has found any corruption dirt on him. Can anybody let me know what his achievements were in Katsina?

From the Guardian: " The Guardian gathered that among yar'Adua's strong supporters are two South South governors and a mega business company.

Some of his other supporters are busy flaunting what they call his special credentials, including his bold declaration of his asset in 1999 and 2003 as well as an alleged over N6 billion reserves in his state treasury."

Who can the two governors be? Igbinedion and Jonathan? Ibori?

I'm not really impressed by this 6 billion naira claim--it's nice that he hasn't chopped the money (if it's true) but it also indicates a lack of constructive ideas if he can't think of what to do with it.
Re: Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! by streetcyph: 6:35pm On Dec 13, 2006
the uba thing is confusing to me as well, but believe it or not, he's going to be the vp candidate from pdp embarassed

i think a good number of people want duke (including me), but the 'powers' that be refuse to pick him.

in fact, from the way things r playing out, gusau has a better chance of picking up the ticket than duke.

no matter the case, the presidential candidate is NOT comin from the south

worsestill the vp candidate is going to south east. which means nothing for my man donald duke cry

either DUKE decamps, or we shud all get ready to suuport the next best thing, PATRICK UTOMI.
Re: Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! by bolaoni(m): 7:52am On Dec 14, 2006
@Seun, which primaries? our naija politics is abnormal so anythin can happen. Atiku's case is same
Re: Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! by Mariory(m): 1:46pm On Dec 14, 2006
Re: Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! by loyika(m): 2:32pm On Dec 14, 2006
Well if these allegations are true, then Andy Uba should not only be baaned from any political office, but should be arrested. Thank god the EFCC has shown that winning a Primary does not give you immunity (the recent arrest of Rotimi A in Rivers state)

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/editorial_opinion/article04

Andy Uba as VP will be a slap on the face of all nigerians.

As for the general trend , concerning folks like Duke. All i will say is that the ball has not stopped running, Nigerians are in for a big surprise come May 2007. We will be shocked who we will see as President.

Although the PDP convention should just take place already!! angry So that we can end all the speculations from their side and concentrate on the other Parties.
Re: Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! by Mariory(m): 7:45pm On Dec 14, 2006
From newspaper reports, he's not even in the running. But who knows what's reallyu going on.
Re: Breaking News: Duke Not Getting President Or Vp Slot! by otokx(m): 6:05am On Dec 16, 2006
This is a time of great confusion; everybody should just chill and watch with mouth close and eye close and ear close.

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigerian Abroad Suffering Abroad? / Babatunde Belgore Is Dead / When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife,You Make silly Decisions Like Jona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.