Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,736 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Salary: NLC To Apply `no Pay, No Work’ Rule - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salary: NLC To Apply `no Pay, No Work’ Rule (1012 Views)

Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday / NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price / NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salary: NLC To Apply `no Pay, No Work’ Rule by Richie0974: 11:00pm On Aug 21, 2016
The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) says all state councils where salary liabilities of up to three months exist will apply no pay, no work’ rule.

Protest against PMS price hike in Abuja
NLC President Ayuba Wabba made this known when he featured on the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) forum on Sunday in Abuja.

“We have given instructions to all of our state councils that where there is liability of salary up to three months, they should also apply the rule of `no pay, no work’ it is not only `no work, no pay’.

“You can also apply the rule in a reverse order of `no pay, no work’ and that is legitimate because the law provides that after 30 days of working, the worker is entitled to be paid.

“How can we encourage people that have put in their best or even those that are still in the system trying to put in their best without addressing this very fundamental issue?

“Those are the situations we have found ourselves across states and across different employments; I feel very sad with that situation but I think we will do all we can within our means and power to try to continue to protect all those workers.’’

He said that workers must be seen as an asset to our county instead of shifting all the challenges to the workers.

“The challenges have been there; instead of looking inward to try to address these challenges, the bulk of the issue have been shifted to the workers and that is why I think that you can effectively say that yes these workers are under attack.’’

Wabba said that NLC held a meeting with the state councils, where they took inventory of the liability of pension, gratuity and salaries, adding that the data was alarming.

“When you see the data of how much it stands today of liabilities that workers have not been paid, the worst is that of gratuity which some states have a liability of up to 10 years.

“Workers have worked for 30 or 35 years in service; they retired following the normal process but yet after retirement, they were not paid a dime.

“Therefore, it is like they were slaves; It is only slave that will work and not be paid his entitlement.

He decried a situation where the political leaders do not see the payment of workers’ salaries as important but rather they see it as a waste.

The president noted that some governors would prefer to award bogus contracts rather than pay workers their wages.

He noted that everywhere in the world workers were seen and placed appropriately for them to contribute their quota.

According to him, due to the neglect and non-payment of workers’ salaries, productivity has been at the lowest point.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/salary-nlc-apply-no-pay-no-work-rule/

Lalasticlala
Re: Salary: NLC To Apply `no Pay, No Work’ Rule by smellingmenses: 11:03pm On Aug 21, 2016
Gbam a welcome development.... But can the workers do without the needed tips in this trying times?
Re: Salary: NLC To Apply `no Pay, No Work’ Rule by Benikuuse(m): 11:15pm On Aug 21, 2016
number one priority of any governor should be the payment of salaries to workers, but they rather choose to insult there predecessors.

1 Like

Re: Salary: NLC To Apply `no Pay, No Work’ Rule by Abagworo(m): 11:19pm On Aug 21, 2016
Good move
Re: Salary: NLC To Apply `no Pay, No Work’ Rule by TheFreeOne: 11:22pm On Aug 21, 2016
Since most state governors can't afford to pay then it's gonna be a long vacation for workers and a season of increased fasting...

...and prayers undecided

Whilst the governors still earns their salaries and continuously insults our intelligence with their full stomachs, take care of their families, enjoy perks of office, exotic wines and karashikas as icings.

A classic of monkey dey work baboons dey chop.

1 Like

Re: Salary: NLC To Apply `no Pay, No Work’ Rule by HARDDON: 11:27pm On Aug 21, 2016
Like everybody is suddenly under a numb spell!

Imagine when crude oil prices reduced, they were on d throat of Goodluck to reduce fuel prices which he did by 10 naira,

Now crude prices crashed yet fuel prices r tru d roof, yet no one is talking,
NLCS strike was usulped . salaries r not been paid, yet no one is talking .

Food scarcity , peaceful protesters r getting killed, yet everyone is quiet ,

No economic blue print , yet IMPEACHMENT hasnt been initiated !

Naira nose diving, inflation playing reggae, companies folding up, TSA locked up trillion of naira, yet we turn blind eyes.

Wake up Nigerians! Its layers later than u think!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salary: NLC To Apply `no Pay, No Work’ Rule by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 21, 2016
It's past time they did that!!.....They should b prayerful too,cz i think my state's governor z using magic on public servants!
Re: Salary: NLC To Apply `no Pay, No Work’ Rule by futurenix(m): 3:24am On Aug 22, 2016
They should start with Abia State ooooo. Their salaries have been used from the inception of this government in court cases.

Abia Teaching hospital = 6 months arreas

Abia State polytechnic = 6 months arreas

Local governments =5 months arreas

These are just the details from Aba metropolis and it's the same all through Abia State.

I wonder how the state government wants these people feed their families, pay their children's fees and solve family problems, transport themselves to work with the prices of goods and services sky rocketing.

They will even go to media houses and claim they have cleared all salary arreas.

I was told by a friend from Abia poly, the current governing council chairman on inception and seeing the salary arreas owed, forced his seating allowance from 65k to 265k. Also, the seating is supposed to be quarterly but the chairman is there minimum of three times a week even without any meeting and must collect the 265k.
This same chairman who threatens to form militants in aba if Okezie Ikpeazu is eventually unseated in court. Still wondering why the DSS is yet to do the needful after that video went online.

As if it is not enough, those at the top who claim to be related to the Governor now acts with impunity employing their relations (just from a particular area in the state) en masse to even placing fresh graduates with no experience on level 9 instantly in the lecturing Cadre. That's how bad it is.

In Abia Teaching hospital, completed contracts of painting and furniture delivery in the just completed buildings are being demolished and re-awarded to persons from a particular area under the guise that the job was poorly executed just to enrich their pockets while salaries are being owed.

Honestly, Abia is in for a long ride. I thought it will be better this time.

If "no pay no work "will be implemented then it should commence ASAP.

Just Sick of corruption on every corner of this country.
Re: Salary: NLC To Apply `no Pay, No Work’ Rule by sebali: 6:46am On Aug 22, 2016
Long Overdue.
Re: Salary: NLC To Apply `no Pay, No Work’ Rule by Koleman(m): 9:57am On Aug 22, 2016
three months too much walahi. a month is just fine.
Re: Salary: NLC To Apply `no Pay, No Work’ Rule by TheFreeOne: 4:27pm On Aug 22, 2016
GODKID98:
It's past time they did that!!.....They should b prayerful too, cz i think my state's governor z using magic on public servants !
grin grin grin

But how many workers jazz go catch na
Re: Salary: NLC To Apply `no Pay, No Work’ Rule by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 22, 2016
TheFreeOne:
grin grin grin

But how many workers jazz go catch na

I nr knw oh,bros!!.Bt i sure say na magic im dy use,cz he neva pay like six months salary nd d worKers still dy work like die!

(1) (Reply)

Edo 2016:Ize-Iyamu Signs Development Pact With Iyekogba Communities. / Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe's Campaign In The 1960's.(Pics) / Tinubu, Fashola, Gbajabiamila & Oba Akiolu At Eid Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.