Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,113 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:10 AM

The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) (4015 Views)

See The Crocodile My Friend Caught Yesterday / Jaxon Buell Strong , Baby Born With Half Skull Marks 2nd Birthday Today! Pics / Most Embarrassing Awkward Moments Of Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by Dexpro: 11:09pm On Aug 21, 2016
The best things of yesterday are no more today. The one of today will be no more tomorrow. What is latest or in vogue today will tomorrow be out of fashion and obsolete. Therefore let us think well because today will soon become yesterday and tomorrow will soon be referred to as past.

Material things do not necessarily bring you happiness. That is a fact of life. It is a hard fact to understand sometimes, especially in a society that tries very hard to teach you otherwise.

Sadly, many have taken for granted not only the most basic material needs of life, but so many people act like they must have every material thing this world produces. We get so focused on acquiring "things," on having the most current "thing," that we lose sight of the fact that these material "things" of this world come and go. They are here today and gone tomorrow. In our drive to have the temporal things of this world, we end up paying very little attention to the eternal things of God

AM SERIOUSLY THINKING , WHAT IS LIFE ?
A man is born today, Tomorrow he is dead. A man lives in a mansion today, Tomorrow he lives underground. A man drives a car today, Tomorrow an ambulance drives him. A man reads biology today, Tomorrow a biography is been read of him. A man eats whatever he wants today, Tomorrow he becomes food for insects. A man is always early for work today, Tomorrow he is termed late Mr/Mrs. A man is seen resting in his house today, Tomorrow he is resting in a coffin. And they say "Rest In Peace"!A man eats all kinds of fruits in his house today, Tomorrow he becomes manure to those trees. A man is known today as the richest man ever, Tomorrow he doesn't even know where or what will happen to his riches. What is life after all?

Lifestyle is not a competition and there are different ways to get a lot of things done, different lanes all leading to the same destination. Just because your neighbour is doing things faster does not mean you are failing.

Happiness doesn't come from having everything, but making the best out of what you have, it's all about how you see yourself.

Happiness is not having what you like. Happiness is liking what you have and being contented,

You were born in a first class hospital, I was delivered at home, we both survived.

You went to a private primary school and I went to a public school, we both ended in the same high school.

You woke up from the bed and I woke from the floor, we both had a peaceful night rest.

Your outfits are all expensive, mine are all simple and cheap, we both still cover our unclothedness.

You ate fried rice and roasted chicken, I ate local made food but we both still ate to our satisfaction.

You ride on Lexus jeep, Range Rover, G Wagon, Hummer Jeep and I use public transport but we still got to our various destination.

Don't step on others to get to the top
Don't destroy others to become a success
Don't deceive others to make a living
Stop judging people because you too have your own life to correct.
Don't be a teacher when you are to be a student.
Don't follow the crowd when you don't know what they are following and who they are following.
Don't stop when you are still on your journey.

3 What profit has a man from all his labor In which he toils under the sun?

4 One generation passes away, and another generation comes; But the earth abides forever.

5 The sun also rises, and the sun goes down, And hastens to the place where it arose.

6 The wind goes toward the south, And turns around to the north; The wind whirls about continually, And comes again on its circuit.

7 All the rivers run into the sea, Yet the sea is not full; To the place from which the rivers come, There they return again.

8 All things are full of labor; Man cannot express it. The eye is not satisfied with seeing, Nor the ear filled with hearing.

9 That which has been is what will be, That which is done is what will be done, And there is nothing new under the sun.

10 Is there anything of which it may be said, “See, this is new”? It has already been in ancient times before us.

11 There is no remembrance of former things, Nor will there be any remembrance of things that are to come By those who will come after. (Ecclesiastics 1:3-11)

I REPEAT, The best things of yesterday are no more today. The one of today will be no more tomorrow. What is the latest or in vogue will tomorrow be out of fashion and obsolete. Therefore let us think well because today will soon become yesterday and tomorrow will soon be referred to as past.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by Dexpro: 11:14pm On Aug 21, 2016
More pictures. Only quite matured and adult people will relish these images

General Aguyi Ironsi Mercedez Benz

Thermocool 1970s. Hausa people call it 'Randa'

Not sure if we've got people that can plait such beautiful hair again sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by Dexpro: 11:25pm On Aug 21, 2016
I could remember back in those days when mum will pack our clothes and books inside those 'Tinker' boxes while preparing us for resumption. Then i wan in 'Form 1' grin

See more pictures below

The jet cream..... Who amongst you used those?

Peugeot 504 GL. Mr. Komolafe of blessed memory had one back then.

Lost count of how many times i spent 10kobo.

Planta margarine: Savored the rich taste of planta on bread in the 70s?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by jaymejate: 11:37pm On Aug 21, 2016
Hmm insight.
But black man or race will never listen. They take all for themselves. And they've forgotten the rich man in the Bible, his soul was taken in a night
Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by Dexpro: 11:40pm On Aug 21, 2016
I misplaced my 'slate' when i moved into our new apartment cry Quite unhappy

Hey! It's 9pm pls. Let tune in to NTA news, Lagos. 1975 cheesy. Who watched those? Can you give names of prominent correspondents back then?\

Every morning, dad will give me one naira note. I'll go to school, feed from it, return home (To and fro Tfare), and return change grin

Mama of blessed memory will light those and put in our room till dawn.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by Dexpro: 11:49pm On Aug 21, 2016
Back then, I love the revving sound of the 404 pick up engine

404 peugeot Sedan. Baba of blessed memory sold his when he retired from IITA (Kano branch. Don't know if they are still there) and moved permanently to the south

Hmmmmm. Ever operated those?

President TV. Remembered when you go outside to turn the pole while its raining asking, is it clear? grin tongue

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by ReneeNuttall(f): 11:52pm On Aug 21, 2016
Sweet and good old days.......how times flies...btwn man pikin don old o undecided

7 Likes

Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by medexico(m): 12:02am On Aug 22, 2016
That lantern and iron boxes still dey.

They have a shop full of those iron boxes here in Kano

2 Likes

Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by Nobody: 12:05am On Aug 22, 2016
I feel sad sad

2 Likes

Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by Dexpro: 12:05am On Aug 22, 2016
grin grin grin Ehen na
ReneeNuttall:
Sweet and good old days.......how times flies...btwn man pikin don old o undecided
Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by Dexpro: 12:07am On Aug 22, 2016
So sai kwa. Those boxes are still produced around 'Kofar Wanbai'
medexico:
That lantern and iron boxes still dey.

They have a shop full of those iron boxes here in Kano

3 Likes

Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by Dexpro: 12:08am On Aug 22, 2016
Why sad? Cheer up please
searchiing4love:
I feel sad sad

2 Likes

Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 22, 2016
Dexpro:
Why sad? Cheer up please

Thanks brother. Life is vanity yet we keep chasing the vain things of life forgetting that one day, we will be no more

4 Likes

Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by Dexpro: 12:13am On Aug 22, 2016
You nailed it. I had tears in my eyes when i saw some of these pictures and could vividly recall having used, touched some of them but today, where are they?

Vanity upon vanity bro
searchiing4love:

Thanks brother. Life is vanity yet we keep chasing the vain things of life forgetting that one day, we will be no more

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by daveP(m): 2:06am On Aug 22, 2016
Click like if you miss what the OP displayed

or share if you didn't know that Lighthouse Family's hit song 'High' was used for Benson&Hedges Advert....

My auto correct has Lalasticlala on it.

Missing the good Ol days.

Scoundrels in Uniform

The Great Ponds

To Sir with Love

Dinner for promotion

Inspector Obiyanko on tv

Hostages (Nigeria's best movie ever irrespective of quality. showed how the military ops went down day to day then.)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by daveP(m): 2:14am On Aug 22, 2016
Dexpro:
Back then, I love the revving sound of the 404 pick up engine

404 peugeot Sedan. Baba of blessed memory sold his when he retired from IITA (Kano branch. Don't know if they are still there) and moved permanently to the south

Hmmmmm. Ever operated those?

President TV. Remembered when you go outside to turn the pole while its raining asking, is it clear? grin tongue
I grew up hating that pickup, cos once I saw it from afar, I knew Nepa had come to cut our light connection. The way they hung on the sides and descending in military style, bringing down the ladder before seeing bills, smoke addict driver, etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by andyboi4real(m): 2:29am On Aug 22, 2016
True Talk O.P ........ ........ ........ ......... Question Of The Day ....... ....... ....... ....... Are U Born Again?

2 Likes

Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by FengChui(m): 3:20am On Aug 22, 2016
My brother!
Chai.

I remember one particular guy whose father was the richest among fathers in our primary school. Their palatial edifice was just behind our school and we used to look at the house in awe thinking that that kind of building can never be replicated.
Then, I don't know the teacher or prefect that can question their (the boy and his brothers) lateness to school. U wan try Omo Baba Olowo?

I went to Ilorin some months back and decided to go to my primary school and remind myself of old times. Guess what, the house is not even enviable amongst the houses on that same street!!!

Everything we are running after today is sheer vanity and a striving after wind.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by supersaz66(m): 3:27am On Aug 22, 2016
My momma still get that two in one stove. Not that she's using it e dae serve like antique to her lol
Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by swisschris(m): 5:44am On Aug 22, 2016
We Africans don't appreciate anything we have, inferiority complex is overloading in my mind. Civilization started in Africa before any part of the world. The western people you want to be like are the ones that stole your identity.( Do your history research). Love yourself
Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 22, 2016
Dexpro:
More pictures. Only quite matured and adult people will relish these images

General Aguyi Ironsi Mercedez Benz

Thermocool 1970s. Hausa people call it 'Randa'

Not sure if we've got people that can plait such beautiful hair again sad
my grandmother still has that box or portumanto as she calls it grin,as for the kerosene lantern, it's still in vogue

1 Like

Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by Abeymills(m): 6:40am On Aug 22, 2016
Those good old days nothing here earth is permanent
Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by veekid(m): 6:41am On Aug 22, 2016
This must hit front page, nice work op
Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by Badtman(m): 7:00am On Aug 22, 2016
Op you try gidi gan
Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by ProfessorPeter(m): 7:26am On Aug 22, 2016
I thank God for today. I saw and used those things. Op thank you for reminding some of us where we are coming from. Permit me to dedicate these to moms and dads of 60s 70s 80s who work assiduously to provide those things to young fathers and mothers of today through honest earnings. some have gone (like my mom and dad) and some are around and are old.
Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by abeloureal(m): 8:03am On Aug 22, 2016
People still crave for some things of the past these days. A typical example is the long forgotten Yoruba dress worn by women called 'OLEKU'. They may no longer rock like as of last year but the material 'Aso Oke' will forever be a treasure.
Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by Stuntkid172(m): 8:59am On Aug 22, 2016
this topic just carry me go back to those days.

life goes on...
Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by dhardline(m): 9:02am On Aug 22, 2016
Life is just a journey,nothing lasts forever but only the wise will really understand that all the hustle and bustle to acquire and buy and possess are all vain things that will never bring one joy but pain on a dying bed if one does not have Christ as a solid testimony.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by MadCow1: 9:03am On Aug 22, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4137920_1Naira_jpgfca747adf3c5def3a47a02e8e1e39113

O.P

Should I call you senior or age mate? grin

I remember spending this doe.. grin
Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:16am On Aug 22, 2016
MadCow1:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4137920_1Naira_jpgfca747adf3c5def3a47a02e8e1e39113

O.P

Should I call you senior or age mate? grin

I remember spending this doe.. grin
When men were boys...
Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by Successcharles(m): 9:50am On Aug 22, 2016
+30 Only.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Things Of Yesterday Are No More Today. (PICS) by ShalomX: 9:51am On Aug 22, 2016
[quote author=daveP post=48691432] I grew up hating that pickup, cos once I saw it from afar, I knew Nepa had come to cut our light connection. The way they hung on the sides and descending in military style, bringing down the ladder before seeing bills, smoke addict driver, etc[/quote

Wow! I could actually feel the vibes, your description and seriousness makes it so funny.

Laughing so hard tears drop from my eyes!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make Your Post Make Front Page On Nairaland. / President Goodluck Jonathan Vs Pastor Adeboye Attire / Truvada, A New Drug To Prevent HIV Approved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.