Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,463 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

I Need Help, I Think I May Be Suffering From Self Hate And Depression... - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Need Help, I Think I May Be Suffering From Self Hate And Depression... (1924 Views)

Masturbation: I Think I Have PE And ED, I'm Just 20 / Man Suffering From Monkeypox In Akwa Ibom (Disturbing Photo) / I May Have Lost My Leg But I Gained Something Better; Lady On Her Birthday. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help, I Think I May Be Suffering From Self Hate And Depression... by fearlesschicken: 2:03am On Aug 22, 2016
Hi Nlanders

I don't know where to start it begin, this has been going on for months on end. I don't know the appropriate section to put this in.

I have lost passion for anything, I feel like I'm just an empty vessel on this earth. I have no zeal,no motivation, I have become even paranoid when it comes to making new friends. in fact let just say I just hate myself, I don't feel useful. Sometimes I feel the need to pick up myself and start but then I just give up. lack of persistent.... Every day I wish something would go wrong, maybe I get shot or have an accident so I can leave this world, as I'm afraid of committing any form of suicide.

I'm just getting tired, I want to be happy with myself,i try to do nice things be kind but it just doesn't work.
i just find it difficult to appreciate myself, I have lived for people most part of my life maybe thats another reason why I just don't feel anything. I'm just sad and confused. Difficulty sleeping...

I just need help to get over this...pls sad cry

Pardon my grammar,just so frustrated right now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Help, I Think I May Be Suffering From Self Hate And Depression... by surreal15(m): 2:38am On Aug 22, 2016
Good morning Sir/Ma.
Its just a phase.
How you respond to this phase will determine a couple of other important events yet to come.
Want to share a documentary for you to watch if you can.

A gmail might be perfect if you have.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Think I May Be Suffering From Self Hate And Depression... by Fidelismaria: 4:50am On Aug 22, 2016
Hope it ain't contagious

Runs outta thread
Re: I Need Help, I Think I May Be Suffering From Self Hate And Depression... by Emary(f): 7:22am On Aug 22, 2016
I personally went through something like this when I was younger and all I can tell you is that this too shall pass. Send me a PM so I can talk to you more on what to do.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help, I Think I May Be Suffering From Self Hate And Depression... by Flexherbal(m): 8:40am On Aug 22, 2016
This happens to almost everybody at different times.
To some it might take minute, hours, days or months before they get over it.
It is anxiety. You are worrying over many things. Most of this things you worry about are not real.
Like:
Will you succeed in life?
Someone may shoot you.
The ceiling fan may fall on your head.
The road may divid into two.
You can may have an accident.
All these are False Evidences Appearing Real.( FEAR ).
I HAVE HELPED SO MANY PEOPLE OUT OF THIS, FOR FREE.
My number is on my signature. Contact me.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Think I May Be Suffering From Self Hate And Depression... by Evalily(f): 1:05pm On Aug 23, 2016
depression, self hate and in extreme cases suicidal tendencies happens to most people, there is nothing strange abt it , Hw you handle it matters a lot so you don't go overboard as to carrying out suicidal act...........from biblical history we have cases of great men of GOD like elijah and jonah who after all the miraculous work and achievements fell into states of depression to the extent of wishing for death. find happiness from within yourself -don't let events, situations, relationships, or people's mood define you. You can configure your mind to a care-free state that even if the world frowns at you, you are unperturbed.and for the record you don't need people around you to be happy rather you need to be happy already in order to maintain a healthy friendship or else the friendship will be parasitical where you are the one draining the avaliable aura from the cycle. . Practice deep meditation to relieve anxiety and stress. Working out also helps a lot to clears the head of worry and anxiety like jogging, skipping, stairs climbing. A sense of accomplishment can fuel ur enthusiasm for life.....find something you love to do set realistic goals and do it, you will see Hw happy it would make you feel ....
It could be a hobby like singing, learning a new language, getting a six pack if u are a guy, working out for a flat tummy.......anything . Don't wait for your wishes to come true to be happy.......no one is responsible for your happiness except you.
l

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help, I Think I May Be Suffering From Self Hate And Depression... by fearlesschicken: 3:29pm On Sep 04, 2016
surreal15:
Good morning Sir/Ma.
Its just a phase.
How you respond to this phase will determine a couple of other important events yet to come.

Thanks

fearlesschicken11at gmx.co.uk
Re: I Need Help, I Think I May Be Suffering From Self Hate And Depression... by fearlesschicken: 3:31pm On Sep 04, 2016
Evalily:
depression, self hate and in extreme cases suicidal tendencies happens to most people, there is nothing strange abt it , Hw you handle it matters a lot so you don't go overboard as to carrying out suicidal act...........from biblical history we have cases of great men of GOD like elijah and jonah who after all the miraculous work and achievements fell into states of depression to the extent of wishing for death. find happiness from within yourself -don't let events, situations, relationships, or people's mood define you. You can configure your mind to a care-free state that even if the world frowns at you, you are unperturbed.and for the record you don't need people around you to be happy rather you need to be happy already in order to maintain a healthy friendship or else the friendship will be parasitical where you are the one draining the avaliable aura from the cycle. . Practice deep meditation to relieve anxiety and stress. Working out also helps a lot to clears the head of worry and anxiety like jogging, skipping, stairs climbing. A sense of accomplishment can fuel ur enthusiasm for life.....find something you love to do set realistic goals and do it, you will see Hw happy it would make you feel ....
It could be a hobby like singing, learning a new language, getting a six pack if u are a guy, working out for a flat tummy.......anything . Don't wait for your wishes to come true to be happy.......no one is responsible for your happiness except you.
l

Thanks so much deary smiley I appreciate

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Think I May Be Suffering From Self Hate And Depression... by hahn(m): 5:31pm On Sep 04, 2016
fearlesschicken:
Hi Nlanders

I don't know where to start it begin, this has been going on for months on end. I don't know the appropriate section to put this in.

I have lost passion for anything, I feel like I'm just an empty vessel on this earth. I have no zeal,no motivation, I have become even paranoid when it comes to making new friends. in fact let just say I just hate myself, I don't feel useful. Sometimes I feel the need to pick up myself and start but then I just give up. lack of persistent.... Every day I wish something would go wrong, maybe I get shot or have an accident so I can leave this world, as I'm afraid of committing any form of suicide.

I'm just getting tired, I want to be happy with myself,i try to do nice things be kind but it just doesn't work.
i just find it difficult to appreciate myself, I have lived for people most part of my life maybe thats another reason why I just don't feel anything. I'm just sad and confused. Difficulty sleeping...

I just need help to get over this...pls sad cry

Pardon my grammar,just so frustrated right now

What are you sad and confused about?
Re: I Need Help, I Think I May Be Suffering From Self Hate And Depression... by CAPSLOCKED: 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2016
surreal15:
Good morning Sir/Ma.
Its just a phase.

Re: I Need Help, I Think I May Be Suffering From Self Hate And Depression... by fearlesschicken: 7:44pm On Sep 04, 2016
hahn:

What are you sad and confused about?

I'm sad because I feel this way, I don't know if that makes sense. I don't feel happy within myself...it's all just complicated. I don't know how to explain it hence the *sad and confused*
Re: I Need Help, I Think I May Be Suffering From Self Hate And Depression... by fearlesschicken: 9:51am On Sep 10, 2016
hahn:

You can add me on whatsapp @ if you will like to chat smiley

Thanks...but I'm no longer on WhatsApp... deactivated it some time ago...Are on bbm? Here is my pin 7AAE3E06
Re: I Need Help, I Think I May Be Suffering From Self Hate And Depression... by hahn(m): 10:09am On Sep 10, 2016
fearlesschicken:

Thanks...but I'm no longer on WhatsApp... deactivated it some time ago...Are on bbm? Here is my pin 7AAE3E06

I no dey BBM o. How we go take do am? I have been in such a situation. I am sure I can help you out smiley

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Think I May Be Suffering From Self Hate And Depression... by fearlesschicken: 8:29am On Sep 11, 2016
hahn:

I no dey BBM o. How we go take do am? I have been in such a situation. I am sure I can help you out smiley

No problem, I will send you a Pm then.
Re: I Need Help, I Think I May Be Suffering From Self Hate And Depression... by Ssthorm(f): 12:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
Get closer to ur Lord

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Think I May Be Suffering From Self Hate And Depression... by Nateben(m): 10:22am On Sep 12, 2016
Hello dear, I really don't know where to start, but.

You need to improve YOU, I don't know why you don't love yourself, which brings some questions to mind... Are you over weight? Are you under weight? You don't like your skin color? Do you have a job? Are you broke? Are you educated? Are your parents still alive? Are you heart broken? So many questions that only you can answer, good news is, it is never too late to start afresh.

You need to travel more, I know what I'm saying, visit your relation, don't spend time there and visit someone else.

Learn something physical.. Like making beads, baking cake, decoration, just something you put your time into, and you see instant result.

Go closer to God, this should be your first option, but I figured, you don't know Him that well, which will require someone to make you see the need to Trust and Love God.

Then accept yourself first, no one can love you until you love yourself, when you hear people mention Self Love, you think it's a joke, you have to love yourself mehn, no one can do that for you.

I won't pretend to know what you are passing through, but it's something no one should go through ALONE, just know that someone is here praying for you, and please, under no circumstance should you even think of suicide, the devil is fighting you, because he has seen your future. I don't know you, but I Love you already. kiss

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Think I May Be Suffering From Self Hate And Depression... by fearlesschicken: 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2016
Wow! Thanks a lot Nateben, I appreciate smiley smiley
I'm doing a lot better now....
Re: I Need Help, I Think I May Be Suffering From Self Hate And Depression... by Saintzykie: 2:25pm On Feb 19, 2018
fearlesschicken:
Wow! Thanks a lot Nateben, I appreciate smiley smiley

I'm doing a lot better now....
Chai..The FearlessChicken! I'm your number one fan! Ever since I saw this name, I knew at once that you were born to be great. #FearlessChicken cool cool My mentor.
Re: I Need Help, I Think I May Be Suffering From Self Hate And Depression... by fearlesschicken: 5:59pm On Feb 19, 2018
Saintzykie:
Chai..The FearlessChicken! I'm your number one fan! Ever since I saw this name, I knew at once that you were born to be great. #FearlessChicken cool cool My mentor.

lol. This praise is too much o. Abeg, wetin i do o? Mentor in what?
Re: I Need Help, I Think I May Be Suffering From Self Hate And Depression... by Saintzykie: 6:10pm On Feb 19, 2018
fearlesschicken:

lol. This praise is too much o. Abeg, wetin i do o? Mentor in what?
I actually don't know. The first day I saw this name, I was wowed. The oxymoron was epic! You are a good writer, you should consider a career in digital marketing or media. I am still a fan

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Think I May Be Suffering From Self Hate And Depression... by fearlesschicken: 12:20pm On Feb 20, 2018
Saintzykie:
I actually don't know. The first day I saw this name, I was wowed. The oxymoron was epic! You are a good writer, you should consider a career in digital marketing or media. I am still a fan

Lol. You really think so? I will think about it. Thanks once again smiley
Re: I Need Help, I Think I May Be Suffering From Self Hate And Depression... by abayomi93(m): 9:51pm On Feb 20, 2018
please, I had a health challenge about 3years ago.then,i was always preoccupied with different thought,always day dreaming and thinking.I didn't know it was affecting my heart.it became serious that It got to the stage where my heart started pounding with anxiety, fears etc I could not breathe well.first I thought it was malaria,but took anti malarial and it didn't change a thing.it was after series of test,they saw that my bp was high.and they put me on medication.now, the problem is that, during that period, I suffered something that seems to me like muscle wasting.my joints were weakened, and it appears as though I would fall down while walking.i cud not really run or play football.the energy was not just there.soo,after I started taking the medication , I stopped myself from allowing anything pre-occupy my mind.though I have gained a little back ,but I have not fully recovered from the physical weakness. though I feel better now oh.but not my full self,please if u know what could be really wrong just advice.though I did a series of test and all were fine.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Checkout This New Cigarette Pack / Anti Smoke By Ekiema Wellness. / Staph Aurus Any Cure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.