Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Restructuring Isn’t The Way Out For Nigeria —gov Ganduje - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring Isn’t The Way Out For Nigeria —gov Ganduje (2343 Views)

President Buhari Attends Jumat With Governors Ganduje, El-Rufai & Yahaya Bello / Kebbi Is The Most Peaceful State In The History Of Nigeria – Gov. Okorocha / Kwankwasiyya To Ganduje: Remove Red Cap Within 2 Days Or Face Legal Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring Isn’t The Way Out For Nigeria —gov Ganduje by drss2(m): 10:18am On Aug 22, 2016
QuotaSystem:

That is the only relevant point and I'm grateful for your honesty in admitting it.

So why do the Easterners now want government to be decentralised? What was the structure before the centralization and why did Ironsi decide to centralize?

Answer these questions honestly and you will understand why Easterners/Southerners call for restructuring cannot be taken seriously.

why una dey talk like say una no know d numba 1 characteriristics of a military govt sad give us example of a military regime outside nigeria were power is not centralized.
Re: Restructuring Isn’t The Way Out For Nigeria —gov Ganduje by QuotaSystem: 10:29am On Aug 22, 2016
whatisthetruth:
[s]This quotasystem guy is one of the shameless, illeterate ones we have on nairaland.[/s]

[s]Sane people that believe in merit ought to be separated from ur quota loving self and ur likes.

...but of course u neither want to separate, nor restructure, nooooooooo!!! U love ur Quota system too much.

U are a parasite
U are lazy
U are an illiterate
U are a zombie
U are shameless
U are definitely a product of the QuotaSystem
...[/s]

Re: Restructuring Isn’t The Way Out For Nigeria —gov Ganduje by aventura: 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2016
QuotaSystem:
[b]Same tired old confused rhetoric of "what have you done with your 50 years in power?

Do you know how confused you people sound when you scream that you are marginalized and lack federal presence and later claim the north has not benefited from its political dominance?

The North does not only boasts of the best federal infrastructure including the best road networks, dams, strategic institutions like NIPSS, NDA etc., but also has a firm dominance of the military and entire security structure in the country. This basically means that the North has the military might to protect and defend its interests against any other region if need be. This could not without the North dominating the centre for so long.

Yes due to population and religion, the North has a higher proportion of impoverished people (which contrary to your lie, is not a consequence of a unitary structure) but it is also a FACT that the North boasts of the wealthiest band of Nigerians than any other region in this country, including the richest black man on this planet. Perspectives! This also has a lot to do with political dominance.

Look, the fact is you want power at the centre reduced because it is evidently clear that the North will continue to hold the centre for a long time, especially as the 2015 election showed that all the electoral might of the SS and SE combined cannot elect a President. Going by present realities, both major parties (PDP & APC) have zoned their 2019 presidential tickets to the North and if the PDP wins, it means the earliest a southerner will be President will be 8 years later (2027, 11 years from now) and if the APC wins, the earliest an Easterner will be President is for obvious reasons.

The unitary system was implemented by Ironsi to consolidate his own power and eastern dominance and not to foster any unity as you fraudulently asserted. Now that you're on the wrong side of power, you want Buhari to restructure and reduce his own presidential powers at the center.

As I said earlier, you are jokers.[/b]

someone once told me "take away the institutions and the northerner will go hungry" you just validated that claim my friend.

Do the indigenes of Langely, Sandhurst, Quantico and West point feel like superior beings because their environment plays host to these important institutions that services the interest of a nation? Isn't that pathetic?

Sometimes, I ask myself if this stupidity is synonymous with blacks or is it exclusively a Nigerian thing.
How do you brag about an individual personal wealth as if it's collectively owned by the north.

I tried to make sense to you that the benefactors of this system are the political elites across board instead you turned it into a I-am-better-than-you thing that stinks of retrogression. You even went as far as blaming population and religion for the poverty in the land. It's a pity.

God help Africa.
Re: Restructuring Isn’t The Way Out For Nigeria —gov Ganduje by QuotaSystem: 6:04pm On Aug 22, 2016
Do institutions feed northerners or are you bent on confirming the seeming idiocy that pervades your posts?

You claimed that northerners have gained nothing from dominating the centre, which I rubbished by highlighting some indisputable gains it had made and somehow your brain managed to translate that into "I-am-better-than-you" which as you stated is retrogressive and speaks volumes about your reasoning and sense of perception.

So you know the wealth of some cannot be ascribed to the general population but it was okay to ascribe the poverty of some to the generality of northerners? Are you ignorant enough to assume all northerners are impoverished? I again reminded you that you can find the poorest and wealthiest in the North, but as is characteristic of myopic bigotry laced with weak intellect; that translated into one-upmanship in your mind.

If anything needs restructuring, its your mindset.

God bless Nigeria

aventura:
someone once told me "take away the institutions and the northerner will go hungry" you just validated that claim my friend.

Do the indigenes of Langely, Sandhurst, Quantico and West point feel like superior beings because their environment plays host to these important institutions that services the interest of a nation? Isn't that pathetic?

Sometimes, I ask myself if this stupidity is synonymous with blacks or is it exclusively a Nigerian thing.
How do you brag about an individual personal wealth as if it's collectively owned by the north.

I tried to make sense to you that the benefactors of this system are the political elites across board instead you turned it into a I-am-better-than-you thing that stinks of retrogression. You even went as far as blaming population and religion for the poverty in the land. It's a pity.

God help Africa.
Re: Restructuring Isn’t The Way Out For Nigeria —gov Ganduje by Ahmeduana(m): 6:25pm On Aug 22, 2016
Oasis007:
Against the backdrop of calls for true federalism, Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje of Kano State has said  restructuring was not the panacea to the nation’s current socio-economic woes. Instead, Ganduje explained that Nigerians for now needed to restructure their mindsets to return the country to the path of progress. The governor  noted that the United States was more geo-politically fragmented and had more nationalities than Nigeria, yet it remained the strongest nation in the world. According to Ganduje, the US attained its present status because of the ability of its leaders to harness the positive thoughts and actions of its heterogeneous population and not by restructuring the country along geopolitical divides. Ganduje, who spoke during a social event organized in honour of delegates to a pre-election meeting of the National Youth Council of Nigeria, in Kano, advocated that Nigeria should devote attention to tapping from the potentialities of its youths for national integration and development. Lamenting the high prevalence of corruption in Nigeria, the governor argued that youths were the best segment of the society to lead in the crusade against it, in view of their physical and intellectual capacity as well as their leadership potential. Earlier, Acting National President of the council, Comrade Ibukunoluwa Oluwole, commended the Ganduje administration for hosting their meeting and requested monthly subvention and office accommodation for the state branch of the council.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/restructuring-isnt-way-nigeria-gov-ganduje/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
MAKE UNA DEY HEAR ANOTHER IDIOT FROM THE LAND OF PARASITES TALKING!
Re: Restructuring Isn’t The Way Out For Nigeria —gov Ganduje by aventura: 8:30pm On Aug 22, 2016
QuotaSystem:
Do institutions feed northerners or are you bent of confirming the seeming idiocy that pervades your posts?

You claimed that northerners have gained nothing from dominating the centre, which I rubbished by highlighting some indisputable gains it had made and somehow your brain managed to translate that into "I-am-better-than-you" which as you stated in retrogressive and speaks volumes about your reasoning and sense of perception.

So you know the wealth of some cannot be ascribed to the general population but it was okay to ascribe the poverty of some to the generality of northerners? Are you ignorant enough to assume all northerners are impoverished? I again reminded you that you can find the poorest and wealthiest in the North, but as is characteristic of myopic bigotry laced with weak intellect; that translated into one-upmanship in your mind.

If anything needs restructuring, its your mindset.

God bless Nigeria

If you think that the current system favours you, then goodluck to you and favourable system.
Re: Restructuring Isn’t The Way Out For Nigeria —gov Ganduje by QuotaSystem: 9:34pm On Aug 22, 2016
aventura:
If you think that the current system favours you, then goodluck to you and favourable system.

Thank you.
Re: Restructuring Isn’t The Way Out For Nigeria —gov Ganduje by attackgat: 7:15am On Aug 23, 2016
QuotaSystem:

You can only fool yourself. Ironsi gave us the present structure. Live with it.

And yet when that structure was reverted to the way it used to be by Ojukwu at Aburi, you all helped Gowon not only to bring it back, but to centralise it even more than Ironsi did. Keep decieving your self.
Re: Restructuring Isn’t The Way Out For Nigeria —gov Ganduje by QuotaSystem: 7:21am On Aug 23, 2016
Gowon simply beat him at his own game.

attackgat:

And yet when that structure was reverted to the way it used to be by Ojukwu at Aburi, you all helped Gowon not only to bring it back, but to centralise it even more than Ironsi did. Keep decieving your self.
Re: Restructuring Isn’t The Way Out For Nigeria —gov Ganduje by attackgat: 7:26am On Aug 23, 2016
QuotaSystem:
Gowon simply beat him at his own game.

Then stop making noise about Ironsi since you now know that you people were more of the problem than the solution.
Re: Restructuring Isn’t The Way Out For Nigeria —gov Ganduje by QuotaSystem: 7:31am On Aug 23, 2016
Rubbish.

Ironsi an easterner centralized government in Nigeria, and you must live with it.

attackgat:

[s]Then stop making noise about Ironsi since you now know that you people were more of the problem than the solution.[/s]
Re: Restructuring Isn’t The Way Out For Nigeria —gov Ganduje by attackgat: 7:45am On Aug 23, 2016
QuotaSystem:
Rubbish.

Ironsi an easterner centralized government in Nigeria, and you must live with it.

And you guys have kept it running for 50 years since then, you guys even fought a war against Ojukwu to make sure the unitary system continued.
Re: Restructuring Isn’t The Way Out For Nigeria —gov Ganduje by QuotaSystem: 7:51am On Aug 23, 2016
Are you suggesting that Easterners should be allowed to pick and choose the system of governance that favours them whenever they like?

This is why nobody takes your call for restructuring seriously.

attackgat:

And you guys have kept it running for 50 years since then, you guys even fought a war against Ojukwu to make sure the unitary system continued.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS!! Edo Poll: Apc’s Obaseki Inches Towards Victory / I Am A Proud African. I Am Not Nigerian, I Am Igbo / Gov Obiano Storms Scene Of Ozubulu Massacre, Reveals Cause Of Shooting. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.