Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,252 members, 7,807,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

10. Odu Osa Meji- Attack Is The Best Form Of Defense. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10. Odu Osa Meji- Attack Is The Best Form Of Defense. (18329 Views)

15 Odu Ose Meji- You Are A Conqueror! / 14- Odu Irete Meji- Eji Elemere Let Your Fortunes Make You A Better Person! / 8. Odu Okanran Meji- Be Ready To Take Up Challenges. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10. Odu Osa Meji- Attack Is The Best Form Of Defense. by lawani: 4:12pm On Aug 22, 2016
Eriwo ya!
Ayagbo!
Ayato
Ayaje

II II

I I

I I

I I

Osa on the right and Osa on the left. This is the odu of the Iya mi Osoronga, Iya mi Eleye or witches. The story goes that the leadership of the irunmales were dispatched by Olodumare with Ogun, Obarisa and Odu as the leaders. Ogun was given certain powers, Obarisa was also given certain powers and Olodumare bode them farewell. Odu turned back and complained that she is the only woman of the trio and she has no special powers, Olodumare gave her eye or witchcraft saying men will not be successful in anything without taking women into consideration. That is the foundation of Iya mi Osoronga and it is why the crown of a Yoruba Oba carries the Eye insignia as the Iya mi Osoronga are part of the, if not the main part of the coronation committee.

So, because of this, if a querent asks Ifa 'Who is behind my problem?' and the Osa meji comes up, the diviner will greet the odu 'Osa eleye!' and inform the client that it is the Aje that is troubling him or her. On the other hand if it is a query of 'What should I do?' answered by Osa meji that means obviously 'Fight back!' and so on and so forth. So to use the 256 signs properly, you have to understand them properly because in actual fact ifa speaks with you in the language you understand. If your Osa meji means another thing, Ifa will use that as well. Ase.

Osa is used to mean the fleer but I prefer the use as the smiter. I believe both are correct. As the fleer, it wants your enemies to flee from you, as the smiter you smite your enemies.

All normal non religious people know that attack is the best form of defense. Even a majority Christian nation like the US did not turn the other cheek when Pearl Harbor was attacked by the Japanese, neither did the Japanese surrender easily until the US deployed atomic bombs. Ifa deals with the realities of everyday life and not fantasies like turn the other cheek when slapped, love your enemies, do good to your haters, go 20 miles with those forcing you to go 10. Those are demonic codes of conduct to derail humanity. The only rule of Ifa is 'Do not do ika or evil' then you must be able to rationalise all your actions. Be rational. In aggression, be rational. When rendering help, be rational.

We know attack is the best form of defense intuitively is why MFM church reaps billions of Naira by teaching people to pray against their enemies Die! Die! Die by Fire! And etc. All humans are afterall thesame.

In Aborisha practice, you just dont attack, you give the offending party the opportunity to come back to their senses, you offer a few second chances. You wait till they have undone themselves as in 'te' then you attack according to Osa meji

Osa meji lakoja!
O bu yankan yankan seti opon!
A difa fun Sango Olukoso lalu
Banbi Arigba ota segun
Ki lArira fi se te?
Igba oran!
Ni Arira fi se te
Igba ota!

Osa meji the first aggressor!
Perfectly fitted on the edge of the tray!
Made Ifa divination for Sango Olukoso lalu
The special one with the resources to overcome.
What was Arira's undoing?
Two hundred Orans
Was Arira's undoing
Two hundred missiles!

Ase Edumare

I have done my part in this issue with Adeboye et al for instance. I have concluded my bit. How would you now expect my wife, Barbara Bush Jr, a young woman of 34 years, alone with kids while me, her husband is being molested by criminals headed by Adeboye to react when she has the resources to stop them?
Osa meji is the odu
She will draw blood, cut heads and severe limbs.
Ashe.

5 Likes

Re: 10. Odu Osa Meji- Attack Is The Best Form Of Defense. by okonja(m): 4:25pm On Aug 22, 2016
Kée pée baba...

What of these gbólóhùn

"Olúkésede awo alàté"
"Òrèrèkosùn awo ògésà"
"Èsù ilé babawon kií jékí wón ní enire lára"

Of what use is the best? cool
Re: 10. Odu Osa Meji- Attack Is The Best Form Of Defense. by Awoofawo(m): 4:45pm On Aug 22, 2016
Ase wawa!!!

(1) (Reply)

Great Benin descendants thread / Why This Similarity Between Yoruba And Fulani? / Cameroonian Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.