Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

When Is The perfect Age To Get Married? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Is The perfect Age To Get Married? (3792 Views)

He Was To Get Married On 2nd Of December But Now He Is Late / Male; Whats The Perfect Age For Marriage? / What Is The Appropriate Age To Register A Child In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is The perfect Age To Get Married? by byvan03: 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2016
Geofavor:
male or female?

For male 24-28.
Re: When Is The perfect Age To Get Married? by eyinjuege: 8:22pm On Aug 23, 2016
Geofavor:

30+ for males shocked... Don't you think their kids would mistaken them for their grandpas?

You know in Naija, a lot of undergraduates enter the public uni aged 21 to 24 or even older.
Those ones will definitely marry in their 30s.
Re: When Is The perfect Age To Get Married? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 23, 2016
It's when you find this God-like creature that makes you feel - with every fibre of your body and soul - that (s)he is perfect for you. smiley kiss
Re: When Is The perfect Age To Get Married? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 23, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Lol my dear this sounds like a perfectionist idea to me, in fact almost unreal.

Most women attain emotional maturity only after having all their children and they never attain it fully.

Goodluck Jonathan's wife isn't intellectually mature till now (she may never really comprehend simple english). If she was emotionally mature b4 she married, she won't be crying on national tv now that she's years into marriage. That's what you'll never see okonjo-iweala do.

If women attained emotional maturity b4 they married, they won't be having issues with their daughters-in-law at grandma's age.

Wht we need is God and a good character. Life experiences, challenges and upbringing may never make u matured till you're 50yrs old

An abused girl who grew up with feminist tendencies may never marry if she's waiting for emotional maturity. But she can as well marry early if she finds a tolerant man who's patience can undo the emotional wound in her mind and vice versa.

So my dear its God alone and a good character that can help. Even ur spouse knows u can't be mature in all. The only problem is that most ppl of marriageable age still lack good character

Marriage is a dark market, no matter the maturity and perfect orientation one has abt it, one can still be prone to mistakes. Even a professor of psychology may never get it right in marriage. Remember all d whole maturity can not help if ur spouse is a witch or ritualist.

I may not agree with every single point but you have made a lot of sense.
Re: When Is The perfect Age To Get Married? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 23, 2016
jayriginal:

Brother its not about age, its about being ready. Another way to put it would be whatever age you have attained by the time you are ready.

True.

1 Like

Re: When Is The perfect Age To Get Married? by diva90: 2:20pm On Aug 24, 2016
Geofavor:

30+ for males shocked... Don't you think their kids would mistaken them for their grandpas?

I said 30 years up because these days most men are not financially settled until about that age.
Back in our fathers days ... it was okay for a man to marry in his 20s even as young as 25 and so was it normal for women to marry at 18,19. But the society and things have changed...
As life and society gets more complicated, the age at which people will settle down goes up because it takes a longer time to achieve things these days
Re: When Is The perfect Age To Get Married? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 21, 2016
Geofavor:
Ladies: at what exact age do you think you should say 'yes, I do', and thenceforth, jointly raise a family with your husband?

Men: Neglecting all constraints, at what exact age do you think you should settle down and start having kids?
bros u wan marry ,,lol
Re: When Is The perfect Age To Get Married? by Geofavor(m): 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2016
stephenmorris:
bros u wan marry ,,lol
Yes o. We'll all marry one day na, abi? Except one plans on being a reverend father grin

1 Like

Re: When Is The perfect Age To Get Married? by Ngozi123(f): 10:13pm On Sep 21, 2016
Women: 22-30
Men: 27-35
Re: When Is The perfect Age To Get Married? by prince985(m): 10:43pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ngozi123:
Women: 22-30
Men: 27-35
and how old are u? cool
Re: When Is The perfect Age To Get Married? by Ngozi123(f): 11:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
prince985:
and how old are u? cool

A bit younger than that age frame.
Re: When Is The perfect Age To Get Married? by prince985(m): 11:14pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ngozi123:

A bit younger than that age frame.
m asking cuz m interested in u
Re: When Is The perfect Age To Get Married? by Island01: 8:26am On Sep 27, 2019
Geofavor:
Ladies: at what exact age do you think you should say 'yes, I do', and thenceforth, jointly raise a family with your husband?

Men: Neglecting all constraints, at what exact age do you think you should settle down and start having kids?
Seen

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any Edo - Igbo Couples In The House? / Every Family Should Have This In Thier Homes!!! / A Married Woman In My Neigbourhood is Disturbing My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.