Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years (39702 Views)

FG Appoints Abdul-Akaba Sumaila As Sole Administrator Of Ajaokuta Steel Complex / Nigeria’s Steel Sector Comes Alive Despite Failed Ajaokuta / Chinese Supermarket In Abuja Where Nigerians Are Not Allowed Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by Stmike007(m): 1:09pm On Aug 23, 2016
Lukmann1:
maintenance have always is our problem, they builded things and they lacks of how in to maintained it of in long time.
how can you maintain the facility when you can't even maintain your grammer
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by claremont(m): 1:09pm On Aug 23, 2016
OfficialAwol:

So what has bubu done differently now?

You completely missed the point.

1 Like

Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by jaybee3(m): 1:09pm On Aug 23, 2016
Lukmann1:
maintenance have has always is been our problem, they builded built things and they lacks lacked knowledge of how in to maintained maintain it of in the long time run

Yes we lack a maintenance culture and we shouldn't be embarking on projects without properly training a workforce to carry out the much needed routine maintenance. We should always invest in manpower training as it saves cost in the long run

1 Like

Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by Drbarmes(m): 1:31pm On Aug 23, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:
Wow! shocked shocked

If God decides to punish us for our wastages, we won't survive it angry angry
He is already punishing us but some people keep blaming buhari
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by fm4real2k6(m): 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2016
I am expecting to see a giant mosque that is still "operational" in that premises.

Religion has rapped us die in this country. most especially North Central, North East, and North West.
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by KiziitoKennel(m): 1:39pm On Aug 23, 2016
We should stop blaming the government, we Nigerians are the cause of our problems.. We keep on voting for the wrong people to lead us either from pdp, apc or whatever..

But all i can say is that the people that could have safe us from these mess, lead us to great height are the people we voted against or rather the ones who lost in elections not those who are sworn in...

When you voted for money and someone who is a failure, then we have to expect hardship, poverty and failure as well because we sold our rights just for our own selfish desires..

We Nigerians are the cause of our problems...
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by sweetgala(m): 2:26pm On Aug 23, 2016
OfficialAwol:

In the next 4 years I do believe Ajaokuta may be back online due to the sincerity with which the minister for solid materials and Buhari are dealing with the initial contract and the Russian company which built and would most likely get the contract to manage it.

1 Like

Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by KiziitoKennel(m): 2:31pm On Aug 23, 2016
Luukasz:
What did bubu's predecessors also did. I wl keep saying it Nigeria can never be a great nation cos people like u are one of the reasons ure expecting instant miracles without hardwork.
This man bubu or whatever you call em is not a messiah and can never be cos Nigeria can never have a messiah.

Bro you are very wrong.. Nigeria will, and I believe by the grace of God, I will definitely be the MESSIAH someday to redeem our dear country Nigeria.. Cheers!!
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by MrJah(m): 2:38pm On Aug 23, 2016
Lukmann1:
maintenance have always is our problem, they builded things and they lacks of how in to maintained it of in long time.

R.I.P to the Queen's Language
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by tiwiex(m): 2:48pm On Aug 23, 2016
allytinted:
Maintenance is what we lack in this country. I hope the present govt would find a way to resuscitate the steel company again. So many untapped potential in the country. God help us

I think we see the small picture. It is not exactly in the interest of orher countries who produce steel for us to do the same. Imagine supplying steel to all of west Africa. Hmmmmm. I am not saying they can stop us directly but anyone with something to loose can bully us into submission. Let's stop assume it is strictly a problem with maintenance. Foreign policy plays a huge role too. Our government needs to realize this is a game we need to understand.

1 Like

Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by Franky826: 3:02pm On Aug 23, 2016
liztemi:
Can't imagine the revenue that will generated if things will be done aright cry

My lecturer in university days(Dr s.i neife) told me and I quote 'if we get this place running at full capacity, Nigeria will just forget oil'

Sadly... Ain't nothing changed :-(

1 Like

Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by Mazeed(m): 3:29pm On Aug 23, 2016
If you have ever been their before and you ain't strong at hearth you will shed tears
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by Litmus: 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2016
tiwiex:

I think we see the small picture. It is not exactly in the interest of orher countries who produce steel for us to do the same. Imagine supplying steel to all of west Africa. Hmmmmm. I am not saying they can stop us directly but anyone with something to loose can bully us into submission. Let's stop assume it is strictly a problem with maintenance. Foreign policy plays a huge role too. Our government needs to realize this is a game we need to understand.

Indeed.

And also, the people with the technical know-how who build these things for us can build fault into them under our ignorant noses for it is in their finical interest to charge us millions to continually fix them. Some of our people work with them for personal gains too and we as the people of Nigeria loose.

Nigeria can change this culture of exploitation by laying out the groundwork for every significant infrastructural project informed by an acceptance that those employed to do the work will cheat us given the slightest opportunity. We should discard the sentiment that we are corrupt and others not, which is why they have functioning things and we do not. They have functioning institutions because of checks and balances.

It was in the interest of the Chinese to sell us the best UAV's they could, for the price and ambition we bring to the table, because the worlds' eyes, eager to evaluate the capability of Chinese technology in practical use, worked for us as a check on the Chinese selling us a dud.
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by Mazeed(m): 3:33pm On Aug 23, 2016
When you see the magnitude of resources been wasted
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by HonabFaj(m): 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2016
i pray and hope the Government can revive this facility and bring it back to life.#ANewNigeria #ANewNation
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by obiageIi(f): 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2016
MadCow1:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4142032_fbimg1471889396997_jpegcc59018abc2ebe22bab8cfef258304da

I want that VW Bus..

Ajaokuta was a matter of Good Thinking, Bad Planning, bad product..

Na lie, I saw that vw kombi before you.
Seriously the engine and interior must be in top shape. I'll bet it was abandoned brand new

1 Like

Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by OHIsIManuEL(m): 5:05pm On Aug 23, 2016
You think this is bad??
Have you been to Delta Steel Company,ovwian-Aladja
Infact, no worker has been paid their pensions
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by moonnstar(f): 5:30pm On Aug 23, 2016
Chai,and my loving dad of blessed memory retired frm there as a permanent secretary ooo.Good old days,see as d place be now.
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by bashydemy1: 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2016
OfficialAwol:

You dey exist so?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/ajaokuta-steel-come-stream-24-months-fg/

1 Like

Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by ofwest47(m): 7:04pm On Aug 23, 2016
see super structural wastes and rots a project which was started in the early 70s, thanks to Nairaland forum which brought it into focus imagine the vision less we have been running since independence. What about the Delta steel ,Oshogbo machine tools, Oshogbo steel rollings ditto ALSCON in Ikot abasi, same could be said of Katsina steel rollings Iwopin paper mill has been abandoned for the last 35 years not to talk of Nigerian wire and cables which was adjudged among the best 3 in the world; name it, there are other several of such projects rottening away in every nook and conners of the country by vision less thieves called leaders that have been running the country since Independence.
My advice to this present government is to try as much as they can to resuscitate these moribund industries.
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by ChinonsoDike2: 7:33pm On Aug 23, 2016
Paseus:
including you

I'm not part of your "nation".
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by greatman247(m): 9:20pm On Aug 23, 2016
OfficialAwol:

You lack point. Buhari has just spent 1 year plus. Why don't you ask GEJ that wasted 6 years without doing anything to Ajaokuta. What about OBJ that completed 2 terms and want to greedily go for third term again, he also did nothing to Ajaokuta. And you have the balls to question someone who is just 1year plus in office. I wonder why people because of hate in their hearts loose their sense of judgment and good reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by abusurv(m): 9:27pm On Aug 23, 2016
Ajaokuta steel complex is an uncompleted project, the past regime has made no effort on completion of the project. GEJ did not one day visit it.The present regime has just settle the court case arising from the sale to India .It has now take over it. Ukraine has submit proposal to the FGN for the completion of the project I.E investment of about 1bill0in$,it was them that were handling the project before the collapse of U.S.S.R.
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by adedayoa2(f): 9:48pm On Aug 23, 2016
Lukmann1:
*builded* kwa
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by adedayoa2(f): 9:50pm On Aug 23, 2016
MrJah:

R.I.P to the Queen's Language
my brother
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by adedayoa2(f): 9:52pm On Aug 23, 2016
KiziitoKennel:
We should stop blaming the government, we Nigerians are the cause of our problems.. We keep on voting for the wrong people to lead us either from pdp, apc or whatever..

But all i can say is that the people that could have safe us from these mess, lead us to great height are the people we voted against or rather the ones who lost in elections not those who are sworn in...

When you voted for money and someone who is a failure, then we have to expect hardship, poverty and failure as well because we sold our rights just for our own selfish desires..

We Nigerians are the cause of our problems...
sorry o, Is this comment for this thread?
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by kafeii123: 11:55pm On Aug 23, 2016
MadCow1:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4142032_fbimg1471889396997_jpegcc59018abc2ebe22bab8cfef258304da

I want that VW Bus..

Ajaokuta was a matter of Good Thinking, Bad Planning, bad product..

That just sums it
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by moks11(m): 12:12am On Aug 24, 2016
I happen to live in Delta Steel Company Housing Estate.. I saw the good times and now the bad times the steel sector is suffering... Nigeria should not privatize key sector of the economy.. eg NEPA and this Steel Sector.

it hurts when I see the steel plant in Delta rotting away.

it can be a source of employment for over 10000 youths
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by clydedaniels(m): 7:37am On Aug 24, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:

Guy u no well o.... loooooooool

T was after seeing your post that I read d other post well. Might b wrong but that guy definitely isnt educated.

I try to read am... E no work...
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by stynhaq(m): 8:59am On Aug 24, 2016
Even Delta Steel in Aladja: Same story
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by KiziitoKennel(m): 10:31am On Aug 24, 2016
adedayoa2:
sorry o, Is this comment for this thread?

No it meant for your brain alone
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by adedayoa2(f): 2:33pm On Aug 24, 2016
KiziitoKennel:

No it meant for your brain alone
cheesy cheesy better because they seem not to correlate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Establishes Tenoil, An Oil And Gas Production Firm (Pics) / Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks / Differences Between Debit And Credit Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.