Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,871 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:20 AM

Should Private Guns Be Allowed In Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Private Guns Be Allowed In Nigeria? (6074 Views)

Rev. Graham: ‘no Muslims Should Be Allowed Into United State Of America / Benue Militant Who Submitted 84 Guns To The State Govt / Military Captures Armoured Vehicles, Artillery Guns Overnight (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Private Guns Be Allowed In Nigeria? by becomrich15: 9:36pm On Sep 29, 2009
No, I do not believe it should because of ethnics problem. but they could licence some private people based on thier job to carry weapon.
Re: Should Private Guns Be Allowed In Nigeria? by Beaf: 9:51pm On Sep 29, 2009
We need guns period!
Government has long abandoned the ship and some are offering futile prayers for the day Nigeria will improve. Some folk are out of touch with reality of todays Nigeria.
The country is in a tightening spiral to perdition; we are still awaiting the details of the 7 point agenda after two years of lethargy; the govt sends its Attorney General to foreign lands to protect known looters; the SSS capone has warned of implosion come 2011; there are problems in the ND; our president prefers helping Saudi Arabia to helping Nigeria. And some are praying for "peace, responsible govt, police and law and order". Far from reality.

Doom is impending. sad

Goons will only "bravely" take your wife and kids hostage because they know you don't pack serious heat.
In todays Nigeria, every responsible man needs an arsenal.
Re: Should Private Guns Be Allowed In Nigeria? by Jakumo(m): 10:10pm On Sep 29, 2009
Beaf:

We need guns period!
[size=14pt]we are still awaiting the details of the 7 point agenda after two years of lethargy[/size];

Goons will only "bravely" take your wife and kids hostage because they know you don't pack serious heat.
In todays Nigeria, every responsible man needs an arsenal.

Ha ha ha no chit.    I'll let fly a voley of tracers to the [size=16pt]Seven Point Agenda. [/size]
Re: Should Private Guns Be Allowed In Nigeria? by Afam(m): 2:02pm On Sep 30, 2009
otele:

simple thing, re-arrange the police to make it more effective. admit educated people into the police. put money and prestige into the force. arrange daily patrols. everyday, policemen in every street. even part time community policing(like in the UK) this crime will slow down a bit.
add armed security to every bus transportation, even street cameras. this thing will slow down. but arm nigerians, a people who cant organise an election without killing each other, a loud and violent people, always fighting each other. hmmm, e get as e be o.

we need full education of our people b4 we arm them

1. Our teachers and lecturers are on strike.

2. Our people can't organize an election without killing each other because some powerful people provide arms to the political thugs and they in turn use the guns against anyone opposing them. What gives them the boldness? The guns.
Re: Should Private Guns Be Allowed In Nigeria? by nethacker(m): 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2009
Afam:

1. Our teachers and lecturers are on strike.

2. Our people can't organize an election without killing each other because some powerful people provide arms to the political thugs and they in turn use the guns against anyone opposing them. What gives them the boldness? The guns.
In addition,Doctors r on strike and also aviation workers.
9ja cry cry cry cry
Re: Should Private Guns Be Allowed In Nigeria? by sunnytop: 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2009
I can say that is better for all of us Cu's of all this political Ole's that full of themself Cu's they have control over there so call military personnel in 9ja,that is why they re behaving like this. if people in Niger generally have a licence to gun ,they would have kill so many of them long,but let me tell u there is no way everybody won't have gun neither they like it or not just wait and see.
Re: Should Private Guns Be Allowed In Nigeria? by bawomolo(m): 2:54pm On Sep 30, 2009
otele:

simple thing, re-arrange the police to make it more effective. admit educated people into the police. put money and prestige into the force. arrange daily patrols. everyday, policemen in every street. even part time community policing(like in the UK) this crime will slow down a bit.
add armed security to every bus transportation, even street cameras. this thing will slow down. but arm nigerians, a people who cant organise an election without killing each other, a loud and violent people, always fighting each other. hmmm, e get as e be o.

we need full education of our people b4 we arm them

hasn't gun crime being replaced by knife crime in the UK?

I don't see the direct correlation between gun licenses and crime. Most criminals don't have licenses for their guns.
Re: Should Private Guns Be Allowed In Nigeria? by tarano: 2:59pm On Sep 30, 2009
Private guns is allowed in Nigeria since colonial times. If you need a gun for your hunting, self defence, you can get it legally, I don't know why people are screaming murder, The Nigerian police can  issued firearm permits for single-shot or double barrelled shotguns, and for bolt-action hunting rifles.  

The gun use in nigeria should be upgraded, throw away every muzzle loading, single-shot dane guns.

If you have an hubby for shooting like myself, then go get a permit and get a gun and learn how to shoot straight, shooting is an art, I have improve my accuracy at shooting dynamic targets by almost 40% in about 3 months of practicing.

Nigerian should free there minds and learn new things, stop limiting your self if nobody is limiting you,
Re: Should Private Guns Be Allowed In Nigeria? by FarmTech(m): 9:40pm On Jan 11, 2015
Old topic but interesting. I have plans to own farms in remote areas and live there, so I need a gun just in case fulanis or thieves decide to misbehave. Who knows whether multiple-shot pump action is allowed?

(1) (2) (Reply)

OMG! See Photos Of Aridolf Hotel Owned By First Lady Patience Jonathan / 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know / A Question For GEJ Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.