Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,237 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival (15907 Views)

Ten Most Popular Traditional Festival Celebrated In Igbo Land. / Announcement: Restriction Of Mov't In Ikorodu Due To Eluku Festival / Curfew In Ikorodu On Tuesday To Celebrate ‘eluku’ Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by EdifiedCEO: 10:02pm On Aug 22, 2016
Information reaching [url]Newshelm.com[/url] news desk indicates that there will be strict movement restriction for residents of, and visitors to Ikorodu Town area tomorrow, Tuesday 23 to Friday 26, August, 2016.

The restriction is as part of the traditional ceremony for the annual Eluku Festival in the community.

Please note that this restriction is even more required of the female gender who must not be seen during the ceremony at the aforementioned time.

There are sordid tales of harassment of those who elect to violate the restriction in movement. Ikorodu residents are familiar with similar restrictions for another traditional Oro festivals, but only for a day.

Residents and other visitors are advised to stay off the streets during these hours.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/08/breaking-news-movement-restriction-in.html

1 Like

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by Richkid97(m): 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2016
May God save us

1 Like

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by okonja(m): 10:49am On Aug 23, 2016
shocked shocked
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by Daslim180(m): 10:49am On Aug 23, 2016
Eluku festival kor, Eru iku festival nii.... Make una go restrict soldiers make them no pass.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by jazinogold(m): 10:49am On Aug 23, 2016
angry

Am sure the first 3 posters before me are at the venue of the festital...thats why they could beat me to the FTC spot!!!

1 Like

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by snezBaba: 10:50am On Aug 23, 2016
The female bankers living there will now go and Squat somewhere abi angry Nawa o... Back then when we were still living in Igbogbo, no going to school during the oro, embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by ANNOY(m): 10:52am On Aug 23, 2016
Yoruba's and attention are like 5 and 6

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by Consultville(m): 10:53am On Aug 23, 2016
I remember eluku in my hometown, #Okeigbo #ondostate

5 Likes

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by paschal47(m): 10:54am On Aug 23, 2016
we have heard oooooooo
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by samnificent(m): 10:54am On Aug 23, 2016
Other tribes will come and start bashing.... They Are preserving their culture
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by muareal: 10:54am On Aug 23, 2016
Na im make them still dey rate Lasgidi as part of the worst place to live

3 Likes

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by phkka1(m): 10:56am On Aug 23, 2016
Yorubas should stop this rubbish and allow beautiful Igbo women to go about their normal business.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by just2okworld(f): 10:56am On Aug 23, 2016
OK
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by Pavore9: 10:56am On Aug 23, 2016
Na to keep away, to avoid stories that affects the Kidney.
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by bodee(m): 10:57am On Aug 23, 2016
I can only hope that this rubbish will be totally put to an end even in all the nooks and crannies of the country. Human sacrifices in this 21st century!

6 Likes

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by mabeni(m): 10:58am On Aug 23, 2016
Heard
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by sanchezJ(f): 10:58am On Aug 23, 2016
Lol. My hometown. Na ALUKU not eluku.
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by Temitope223(m): 10:58am On Aug 23, 2016
Still struggling in making money in Nigeria?whatsapp or call me...check my signature
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by Acidosis(m): 11:02am On Aug 23, 2016
Lol

Please note that this restriction is even more required of the female gender who must not be seen during the ceremony at the aforementioned time.

Some of the traditional women from this town are the same categories of Nigerian made f00ls that would champion the "Gender Equality Bill" in the Nigerian Senate.

Until ORO is abolished in this country, gender equality will never work.

Until our women rise to fight all evil culture, the elite women who are themselves wives to these cultists in Lagos and beyond would continue to deceive the average Nigerian woman.

For gender equality and equity to work, all traditional leaders who support ORO and women oppression in ZOO-gerian must be severely beaten to pulp, including the Lawmakers who sponsor women oppression.

Just to add this, I will walk in Ikorodu if I have an appointment at any restrictive period stated and NOTHING will happen.

Let me see the f00l that will stop me from walking on a Federal Road.

I hereby advise the Nigerian army to open fire on any miscreant caught at the scene just in the same manner they acted in Zaira.

Long live ZOO-Gerian!

To those f00lish women on this thread and beyond who support this oppression on our wives and mothers, and still clamour for gender equality bill, may you marry an aggressive husband that will oppress you ONLY in the same manner ORO cultists oppress Ikorodu women.

5 Likes

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by mikepeace(m): 11:03am On Aug 23, 2016
Please can u specify the time of the restriction on each of those days, u only mentioned 23rd to 26th, or is it 24 hours a day?

Thanks
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by Edwardhead(m): 11:04am On Aug 23, 2016
iwashere
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by Landloard01(m): 11:05am On Aug 23, 2016
ok
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by mikepeace(m): 11:05am On Aug 23, 2016
EdifiedCEO:
Information reaching [url]Newshelm.com[/url] news desk indicates that there will be strict movement restriction for residents of, and visitors to Ikorodu Town area tomorrow, Tuesday 23 to Friday 26, August, 2016.

The restriction is as part of the traditional ceremony for the annual Eluku Festival in the community.

There are sordid tales of harassment of those who elect to violate the restriction in movement. Ikorodu residents are familiar with similar restrictions for another traditional Oro festivals, but only for a day

Residents and other visitors are advised to stay off the streets during these hours.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/08/breaking-news-movement-restriction-in.html

Please can u specify the time of the restriction on each of those days, u only mentioned 23rd to 26th, or is it 24 hours a day?

Thanks
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by jeje123(m): 11:06am On Aug 23, 2016
Thank God they announced this time unlike before.
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by Buchman1(m): 11:06am On Aug 23, 2016
Which hours? Incomplete information

2 Likes

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by DaSugarBoi(m): 11:10am On Aug 23, 2016
mikepeace:

Thanks

11pm to 5am (23rd to 26th)

1 Like

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by ajepako(f): 11:11am On Aug 23, 2016
My mother's hometown of Ikorodu and Eluku festival..

Dem no dey carry last at all..

In 1986 during the burial of my maternal grandfather, these Eluku and his followers came to commiserate with the family at midnight with his scary voice..

Chai...I was frozen on my bed that midnight when I heard the voice of that Eluku near my window..

I give yansh to my mother's hometown and their uncountable Iledis especially in Ikorodu township like Itushokun, Itumoja, Itupate, Itunmeko, Aga, Ita-elewa ..

I prefer Epe my papa's hometown jare...

Anyway, proudly full-blooded Lagosian ...

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 23, 2016
I think this restriction if any will be at night. Cos cant see any sign of eluku arround here. Didn't even know about it until I saw this thread.
Reporting live from ikorodu.

1 Like

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by ItsawrapOutfit: 11:20am On Aug 23, 2016
noted

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Common Wedding Traditions And Their Origins! / Ooni Ogunwusi Celebrates Alafere, Oya & Ijugbe Festivals (Photos) / T.B Joshua Named 'Yoruba Man Of The Decade', Soyinka 'Yoruba Man Of The Year'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.