Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away (20362 Views)

Lagos State Shuts Alade Market This Morning / Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market / Bob Johnson Marries Lauren Wooden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by InsideMainland: 10:09pm On Aug 22, 2016
Today, August 22, 2016, makes it exactly one month since the New Alade Market was officially commissioned and opened for business purposes. While many rejoiced with the traders for moving into newly built stores, few didn’t predict that the place will be scanty few weeks after official opening.

Compared to the old market, it appears traders and other business dealers are yet to warm up to the new Alade Market. An InsideMainland correspondent who visited the market earlier today discovered that nearly half of the stores in the new market are yet to be occupied. While construction works is still ongoing on different parts of the market, some stores are still under lock and yet to be opened for business.

Speaking with our correspondent, a trader in the clothes section of the market, Alhaja Seliat, expressed her concern on the low turnout of customers since the market opened. “I have tried different means to inform my customers about the new place but it seems not working. Since I moved, I’m yet to make half of the cost expended in ensuring that the new shop was ready for trading. Customers turnout is nothing to write home about.”

Also corroborating Alhaja Seliat complaints, another shop owner who craved anonymity disclosed that “I continue to worry on a daily basis about the turnout but all I resort to is pray customers locate us. The place is like a hidden spot compared to the open place the old market was situated. Customers could easily locate your store back there but that is not the case in the new market.”Alade market

For Mrs. Adamolekun, the low turn out of customers in the market is due to some parts of the market that is yet to be completed. She pointed out the canal dividing the two sections of the market and the bridge that was originally meant to be constructed over the canal as a reason for it.

Pointing to the plank used as a means of crossing the canal, she said “a customer told me she won’t come around until something is done to that plank over there due to her phobia for water. The authorities promised to construct a bridge over the canal but nothing is being done there yet. Sometimes, the canal smells due to dirts.”

Our correspondent contacted the Iyaloja of Alade Market, Chief Mrs. Aina Adenuga to verify the claims of the concerned traders. She however directed our correspondent to the Secretary of the Market Union identified as Mrs. Idowu who refused to make any comment.

For more: http://insidemainland.com/2016/08/22/wooden-bridge-scare-customers-way-new-alade-market/

1 Share

Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by whitebeard(m): 6:57am On Aug 23, 2016

1 Like

Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by jazinogold(m): 6:57am On Aug 23, 2016
seems the poster above me stood on the wooden bridge while commenting!

e too fast!

9 Likes

Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by Goldenheart(m): 6:58am On Aug 23, 2016
Ambode, over to you
Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by ChappyChase: 6:58am On Aug 23, 2016
Who want die

JingoOAU:
Hopefully with time, things would get normal...
Patience and endurance is the key

Oga e be like say you no know sey we don tire to hear @bolded undecided
lean on me no be press me die!!!!

chomchom1(f):
Let d shop owners contribute moni and build.
Culvert..if not thy never serious to sell market.
Trust my Igbo brothers to do that! We no dey send government!

5 Likes

Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by JingoOAU(m): 6:58am On Aug 23, 2016
Hopefully with time, things would get normal...

Patience and endurance is the key
Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by pitchez: 6:59am On Aug 23, 2016
Naija grin
Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by faitheverest(f): 6:59am On Aug 23, 2016
Noted
Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by clevadani: 6:59am On Aug 23, 2016
This is embarrassing. Wooden bridge in 2016?

7 Likes

Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by free2ryhme: 6:59am On Aug 23, 2016
Nothing is scaring anybody.

If you don't go someone else will buy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by lonelydora: 7:00am On Aug 23, 2016
Fear fear people. Done Niger Delta and see how small children run across it like nothing dey happen.

1 Like

Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by kingsvicks(m): 7:00am On Aug 23, 2016
1st 2 comment
Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by ojun50(m): 7:00am On Aug 23, 2016
Wht kind of tins is dis

1 Like

Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 23, 2016
Is this thread on fp with so few comments or am I still sleeping?
Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by raphealolami(m): 7:00am On Aug 23, 2016
Road to yesterday
Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by dotuna3(m): 7:01am On Aug 23, 2016
I see nothing wrong with that bridge. Nigerians can complain but come to think of it if na trailer fall with loaded PMS running out naija no go ask for bridge to network them self there with 4000 liters of gallons per person risking their life. Go buy market now them dey fear bridge. Smh

3 Likes

Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by kingsvicks(m): 7:01am On Aug 23, 2016
OK
Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by free2ryhme: 7:02am On Aug 23, 2016
Canals are everywhere in lagos with evidence of patronage

Make una jus park oneside with your irrelevances
Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by DannyJ19(m): 7:02am On Aug 23, 2016
Na dis executive wooden bridge mak dem run.....shior

wen passing dis type of bridge dont look down..
Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by chomchom1(f): 7:03am On Aug 23, 2016
Let d shop owners contribute moni and build. Culvert..if not thy never serious to sell market.

1 Like

Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by canalily(m): 7:03am On Aug 23, 2016
Mama did u hear thatundecided

Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by LilSmith55(m): 7:04am On Aug 23, 2016
Nobody Wan Die,,,...
Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by Holamide222(f): 7:05am On Aug 23, 2016
Okay
Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by veekid(m): 7:05am On Aug 23, 2016
Na wha o
Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by Estimable(m): 7:07am On Aug 23, 2016
Another blissful day, all I say is thank you Lord....
Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by spartacuz: 7:07am On Aug 23, 2016
E concern dem
Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by neolboy(m): 7:08am On Aug 23, 2016
Ambode over to u
Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by ddgolden: 7:10am On Aug 23, 2016
That environment need proper arrangement

3 Likes

Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by DozieInc(m): 7:10am On Aug 23, 2016
The fear of that bridge.
Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by hazyfm1: 7:14am On Aug 23, 2016
grin That Lil Boy Tho!
canalily:
Mama did u hear thatundecided
Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by chukslawrence(m): 7:17am On Aug 23, 2016
Hmm
Re: Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away by MissingBudget: 7:19am On Aug 23, 2016
Sai Ambode. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Things You Must Know To Live Above The Current Recession. / The Palms Shopping Mall Has Finally Opened / Brand New ABB Transformers For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.