Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,012 members, 7,799,456 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari - Pets (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari (34436 Views)

Joachim Iroko In Court For Naming His Dog Buhari (Photos) / Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday / Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by progress69: 8:59am On Aug 23, 2016
jmoore:

My opinions look filthy in the eyes of pigs.

Exactly, what do I expect when the opinion is thought out from the brain of a HEN!!!
Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by Neddstark: 8:59am On Aug 23, 2016
cole265:

NO doubt, this guy is going to jail. I pity the pregnant wife. When did Igbos start to be this foolish?...am shocked.

Well he has been offered bail. The guy is really paying for his stupidity.
Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by okoro2much: 9:00am On Aug 23, 2016
grodt999:
Fulani herdsmen kill in the open but do not get arrested, this guy pranks Buhari and goes to jail.
The dictator is back!!!

they don't get caught like the 'other guy at large'.
Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by fiizznation: 9:00am On Aug 23, 2016
justmenoni:

afi chartering na sha, is it car they are chartering or bus? go school una no go gree but when others go una go dey criticize and blame them for ur woes mtscheww
Ok thanks for the correction. I didn't even notice the error I made. Anyway I hope you can move on now

2 Likes

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by progress69: 9:00am On Aug 23, 2016
MadCow1:

Me, Clown.. grin

SMH.. SO being Disrespectful must make you feel like a big Man abi? grin

Chia...go back and read again and look at the screen shot. Then come back and appologise undecided
Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:01am On Aug 23, 2016
lexyclasy:
I don't even know the name to call my DOG now.....because i was taught that a "noun" is a name of a person, animal, place or a thing, but this government has change a "noun" to an "Adjectival Clause" that no one should go near. Oh Lord come down and Manifest Your Power in this country.....Amen.
name the dog "Halliburton" but becareful with the dog because, e fit thief you one day

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by MadCow1: 9:02am On Aug 23, 2016
jmoore:

Friend or animal. Get the difference please.

No one attacks them when they insult our God. But they are free to attack others who insult their god, abi? I guess they are first class citizens? undecided

In fairness, I have seen more Christians disrespect Islam than I have seen Islam disrespect Christianity.. Maybe this is down to my general environment (which is predominantly christian), but I guess the Muslims don't Insult Christian Gods as much because they recognize Jesus in the Quran as a Prophet.

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by MadCow1: 9:03am On Aug 23, 2016
progress69:

Chia...go back and read again and look at the screen shot. Then come back and appologise undecided

I am Sorry.. I really am.

But please stop with the insults.. We can all have a sane debate without resorting to name calling..

Spread peace not war..
Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by amdoyin82(m): 9:03am On Aug 23, 2016
He shud even thank his star DAT he was remanded and not killed by the Hausas . dis is a clear case of waking lieing trouble.
Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by okoro2much: 9:04am On Aug 23, 2016
SucreB:

PLEASE ARE YOU IN THIS COUNTRY AT ALL? DONT YOU KNOW NIGERIA IS PRACTICING MILLITARY RULE?

TALK NA, LET THEM CATCH YOU. OR GO AND BUY ANY PROPERTY ANYHOW, LET THEM START INVESTIGATING YOU.

THE ONLY PPL ELIGIBLE TO DO ANYHOW IS BUHATI IMMEDIATE FAMILY. FLYING BA FIRST CLASS ANYHOW.......

UNA DON ENTER AM.....THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING!!!!

Then next stage is when Buhari start exicuting opposition and planning for a Hausa man to take over from him. That is when everything would scatter

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by Naijageak(m): 9:05am On Aug 23, 2016
The crime of the man who called his dog Buhari.

Let's apply common sense to this case, though sense is not common. I will also like those with functional brains to reason along with me, and dundee comments. Now, suppose we are in a crowd, say a school, market, bus stop etc, and I yelled out 'John, John come here' or 'Hello John, I am calling you'. And in a twinkle of an eye one or two unknown men surfaced before me, and queried why I was calling them. My reply will be simple 'Sorry I wasn't calling you. I was just calling my friend on the other side'. That ends the matter of the communication breakdown.

Now, a man bought a dog, and named it after his friend Buhari. A neighbor misunderstood him and reported to the police that his neighbor has insulted him by naming his dog after his father. He threatened violence against the accused. Police intervened to settle the problem. The accused explained that he was not referring to his neighbor's father but his dear friend somewhere. Police warned them not to pursue the matter further or breach the public peace. The parties signed a peace agreement as a testimony and returned home.

There was no breach of any public peace or violation of the accord. The same police came back and rearrested the accused for committing an act that could breach public peace. Hmmmm. From where is this charge coming from? The accused has not done anything since he was released. To me, police have bought the matter but it's too late and very shameful. This is worse than a judge reversing himself or herself. They have become the complainant, prosecutor and the judge. They are the ones stoking religious and ethnic hatred that is capable of breaching public peace. Even if someone woke up late and wanted to deal with the accused, the police should have washed their hands off having closed the matter. They already had this man sign an agreement which he has not violated. So when they get to court, what will they tell the judge? Will they claim to not have mediated on the matter earlier? Will they present any proof of violation? This is shameful and embarrassing.

I read that the AIG Zone 2 called for the case to be transferred to his office in Lagos with immediate effect, for him to settle the matter amicably. What happened to that instruction or order? Why was the case not transferred to Lagos? Is Ogun State Police Command no longer subordinate to the AIG Zone 2? We are watching this embarrassing moment of the Nigerian police. Well, they have made the guy a celebrity. In an enlightened clime, he should be writing a book and smiling to his bank. Nollywood, please give us a script on this... imagine the outcome.

2 Likes

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 23, 2016
For those of you arguing, look at what happens in a civilised place, where the KKK (white supremacy, anti negro) distributed fliers in a black neighbourhood:

The west side is where the black neighborhood is and I guess they targeted it,” he told WOFL.

New Smyrna police say they received several complaints from outraged residents regarding the fliers. Authorities told CBS-affiliate WKMG-TV, however, that the pamphlets are protected under free speech.

Stop defending tyranny

2 Likes

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 23, 2016
This conduct of the so-called authorities is very provocative and that is what is potentially going to disturb the peace, not the dog called Buhari. The tables should be turned right back in a case of harassment, wrongful arrest and prejudice against the canine species. What has the dog done to not deserve a good name? No laws were broken here, if we let them qualify this as "conduct with the potential to disturb the peace", people would soon be arrested for sneezing in the streets. This intimidation and abuse of power should not be tolerated.

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by okoro2much: 9:06am On Aug 23, 2016
cole265:

NO doubt, this guy is going to jail. I pity the pregnant wife. When did Igbos start to be this foolish?...am shocked.

Personally I can't do what he did. I can name the dug Buhari but sign post and parading it in a Hausa comunity? Wow, how did that guy manage not to be cut into pieces?

3 Likes

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by jaybee3(m): 9:06am On Aug 23, 2016
jmoore:

Friend or animal. Get the difference please.

No one attacks them when they insult our God. But they are free to attack others who insult their god, abi? I guess they are first class citizens? undecided

SMH

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by progress69: 9:08am On Aug 23, 2016
MadCow1:

I am Sorry.. I really am.

But please stop with the insults.. We can all have a sane debate without resorting to name calling..

Spread peace not war..

No ooo. Leave me and that clown. We have been on this since the news first broke out. He started it
Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by johnpaulo(m): 9:08am On Aug 23, 2016
Only in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by Proffdada: 9:08am On Aug 23, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Well, here's a significant one that happened years back.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4268098
where was the man with the flyers? No where to be found. But that guy paraded around with the dog

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by favexx(f): 9:08am On Aug 23, 2016
Nairaland members no get chill. btw I have nothing to say about this till I go buy my own dog name am aisha den dey will explain it its only the presidents wife dat I aisha

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by jmoore(m): 9:09am On Aug 23, 2016
MadCow1:

In fairness, I have seen more Christians disrespect Islam than I have seen Islam disrespect Christianity.. Maybe this is down to my general environment (which is predominantly christian), but I guess the Muslims don't Insult Christian Gods as much because they recognize Jesus in the Quran as a Prophet.

You have no idea that's why you will never understand. Koran itself is an insult to Christianity. We are talking about violent and you are talikng about disrespect. Keep running away from the truth.

The world did not witness any violence when that The Da Vinci Code was published.

But when a cartoon was mohammed was published, hell was let loose.

2 Likes

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by Proffdada: 9:12am On Aug 23, 2016
AnonyNymous:
For those of you arguing, look at what happens in a civilised place, where the KKK (white supremacy, anti negro) distributed fliers in a black neighbourhood:

The west side is where the black neighborhood is and I guess they targeted it,” he told WOFL.

New Smyrna police say they received several complaints from outraged residents regarding the fliers. Authorities told CBS-affiliate WKMG-TV, however, that the pamphlets are protected under free speech.

Stop defending tyranny
where was the man with the flyers? No where to be found. But that guy paraded around WITH the dog

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by onilanre(m): 9:12am On Aug 23, 2016
Misplaced priority... Endtime Country.

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by makdcash(m): 9:13am On Aug 23, 2016
This country is turning to something else...... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked....

BeeBeeOoh:
Watching Nigeria, APC & Buhari with keen interest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by bittertruthz: 9:14am On Aug 23, 2016
Hadewahlay:

http://punchng.com/man-named-dog-buhari-sent-prison/

This is called law and order............. Next time he will know how to avoid trouble. See what 5 minutes of stubborn fame have cost him. So many people in USA are serving jail term because of hate speech against Obama.

I am Donald Trump and i approve this message.
Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 23, 2016
fiizznation:
Good. Next time he should name his pet any of his leaders name and nobody will have any problem with him. Stupid fool. The money he would have used in chartering for his pregnant wife is now been use for 'irrelevant' case like this. You don't go about looking for trouble and expect the law to clap for you.

lets assume your name is Alex,
I named my dog Alex
and two years from now you become president
so you will arrest me cause I named my dog Alex?

my friend, please put yourself in people shoes,
some dogs are named Chelsea, does it mean Chelseafc will arrest that person?

Obama has been insulted several times and Jonathan too, yet does it mean you should arrest them?

We all have freedom of speech and freedom to debate over our own opinions, You can't take that from anyone cause we are not in the slavery era,

you can be a Muslim or even Christian, it doesn't mean I have the right or power to impose whatever religion you choose not to belong to.

As a leader, not everyone will approve your deeds, same with all of us on earth, not everybody will like you or hate you.

In England, the whites call us monkeys and also Insult Nigeria , although I feel bad whenever they do that but I have no choice but to ignore them and move on with my life. It doesn't mean I have the right to fight with my fist or kill cause I was insulted.

The best solution most time is to Ignore them, If I called you a "Fool" and you know deeply your not a "Fool' you simply ignore it and move on, rather than proving my claims are right

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by timisquare2016: 9:15am On Aug 23, 2016
@rose54321 don't worry I will name my pig after ur father, since naming a dog after buhari is not sin!
Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by nduchucks: 9:16am On Aug 23, 2016
Naming your pet Buhari is not and should never be a crime, but writing Buhari, on a dog and parading the dog in the Hausa section of any market thereby potentially inciting violence and causing breach of peace is indeed a crime.

Freedom of speech and expression does not protect an irresponsible person from going into a packed theatre and screaming fire, when such an action could cause a stampede and potentially result to deaths of unsuspecting people.

These fools should learn how to express their opposition in civilized manners. 6 months in jail should teach him a lesson. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by HirstMOG(m): 9:16am On Aug 23, 2016
when one cow from the north named his goat Jonathan, where were the police where were these laws God is watching all of you and your judgement is at hand. is president buhari the only person called buhari in the whole world when was it written in the constitution that there is restriction to the names we give to our pets anybody supporting this injustice so also you will receive from God.

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by damon222: 9:17am On Aug 23, 2016
Standing5:
What is this?
it is goat, it is a basket brain it is lorry.
Hello, my dearest Nigerians, why on earth are we keeping quite while our dear country is being turned updown by the brainless barbarian and flat chest, vegitable-like president call Buhari? When Soyinka call a sitting president, GEJ and his wife Hipopo and Shepopo, when Elrufia used unbeliable abussive word for GEJ, no body was takening to court because GEJ is from the minority. God Almighty will punish all those who feel they are the only owners of this country. I have to thank Suen for this patience this few days. He too knows that tempers are at the highest level in this country. Am sure if Jesus was of this ere abi time, he will never bear what we of today are tolarating and passing through. It is totally unbearable where Buhari is openly saying there is not body outside there. Tufiakwa to apc.

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by jmoore(m): 9:18am On Aug 23, 2016
nduchucks:
Naming your pet Buhari is not and should never be a crime, but writing Buhari, on a dog and parading the dog in the Hausa section of any market thereby potentially inciting violence and causing breach of peace is indeed a crime.

Freedom of speech and expression does not protect an irresponsible person from going into a packed theatre and screaming fire, when such an action could cause a stampede and potentially result to deaths of unsuspecting people.

These fools should learn how to express their opposition in civilized manners. 6 months in jail should teach him a lesson. embarassed
Lawyer, quote the section of the law. undecided

If they call graduates, you will raise your hands abi?

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 23, 2016
Proffdada:

where was the man with the flyers? No where to be found. But that guy paraded around WITH the dog
Did you click on the link I gave you?? They went round the neighborhood dropping fliers everywhere. They paraded themselves in their white KKK garments. But nobody arrested them. Stop defending tyranny. What is happening is not right.

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by javadoctor(m): 9:19am On Aug 23, 2016
I'm more of a watcher on NL, even though I have been a member since 2012, I rarely comment but this has gotten to far, I can't believe graduates, elites on this forum are of the notion that his actions aren't likely to cause a breach of peace , he is lucky not have been lynched by the hausa community.this should serve as a deterrent to others.
Please, and please, any one on this forum with balls should name his dog buhari,typical case of yanga dey sleep trouble go wake am, Quote me and let ayamatanga destroy ur destiny undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dog Breeders Whatsapp Group Link / Motorist’s Dog Tries To Attack A Policeman On Duty In Ogoni, Rivers State / Nigerian Man Celebrates His Dog's Birthday In A Special Way (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.