Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications (49431 Views)

Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? / 5 Signs Your Visa Application Will Be Rejected / 5 Signs Your Visa Application Will Be Rejected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by pacespot(m): 9:31pm On Aug 23, 2016
Americans, they believe it's their birth right to get things at the expense of others.

I'll be running a social media website where I'm expecting clients to contact me for business deal, including freelance writing.

And americans will contact me saying they like how I write, that I should write a blog post for their product in my site for free, because they have awesome products smiley smiley

Nothing gets further annoying!

Imagine! A website that I run and maintain with my own money. Not even I should write (and they pay for my writing service) and publish on my site. But I should write to promote their products in my site for free. These people are very annoying!

Because I'm a Nigerian, they expect me to write for them for free, and run to the church the following sunday to do thanksgiving that I was able to write to promote an american product for free, smiley smiley smiley

Very ridiculous people

I blame Nigerian government for all these. They have sold this country to the extent that no foreigner has an iota of respect when they hear Nigerians. But instead of the youth to wake up, all I hear is inter-tribal jostle on this forum.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by biafraeva: 9:34pm On Aug 23, 2016
PPLE SUPPOSE THINK WELL THE MORE DOLLAR IS HIGH THE MORE PPLE SEE THE REASON TO TRAVEL WHEN DOLLAR WAS 87 NAIRA PPLS DONT TRAVEL MUCH COS IF U GET 200 THOUSAND DOLLARS ITS ONLY 17.4 MILL.AND B4 U CAN GET THAT MONEY U WIKK WORK VERY HARD .BUT NOW DOLLARS IS 393 WHEN U GET 50 THOUSAND DOLLARS ITS 19.650000.SO THE IS WHY PPLS TRAVEL MORE ONCE U GET THERE TO GET FIFTY THOUSAND IS EASYER THAN 200000 SO .LETS THINK
Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by Deepfreezer(m): 9:36pm On Aug 23, 2016
izombie:
most south africans din't like to travel unless its for business, work or vacation. They don't travel to go and hussle. I have this south african friend that got a job in london. Two months after he left for london, he came back to SA. When i asked him why, he said there is no difference between london and johannesburg. He said everything he saw in london, are also in joburg. Nigerians travel for ni reason, no address, nothing.
my dear, why us? .
Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 23, 2016
Toks2008:

United state Embassy are the biggest scammers if all time.

A situation where you pay so much for visa application and all you need to do is prove to the interviewing offer VERBALLY that you are qualified for the visa especially under non immigrant visa application.

Even those with genuine intents are refused because they seldom screen and verify your documents.

This is why they admit more bad people from different countries around the world because all you need do is perfect your communicative skills as well as lie to them and you are given the visa.

Yes we know that not all successful applicants have ulterior motive other than what they claim to be their reason for traveling but in my opinion, anyone applying for united states visa under non immigrant category is only on the verge of gambling his or her money away.

Arrant rubbish.

For the very first time on all US visa threads on Nairaland, someone has finally spoken the truth!

God bless you brother!

#You are so on point
#bitterfact

3 Likes

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by Toks2008(m): 9:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
MMempire:
This figures are false. The rate of rejections are relatively high. I am a living witness, i've been there. With more than 800 applicants per day, they hardly grant up to 50 visas. They should not fool people into believing they grant much visas. Save your money for better things.

You are absolutely right..at least 600 applicants a day multiplied by N48k if it has not gone higher.

48k x 600applicants = N28800000 x 5days = N144000000 x 4weeks = N576000000

Yet average of 40people are given per day while a larger number of unsuccessful applicants re-gamble their money.

This is why many people give testimony when they "win" the visa..what a sad situation.

5 Likes

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
Seahawk:
After they are rejected they come to nairaland to hate on America and pour their frustrations on those who already emigrated. Buffoons.

What exactly are you driving at Mr seahawk?
Are you praising them for rejecting even genuine applicants or what?

1 Like

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by Omeny: 9:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
This is really so sad and painful.
I thought the whites especially Americans are not criminals and corrupt.

Why collecting huge some of money from me when u already know u won't give me what I want?

Sadly,our govt can't and won't do anything about this injustice and crime against Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by pippimp(m): 9:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
Babzilla:

Actually truth is Nigerians are running away from the hell they have played a part in creating

And they don't want to understand, recognize, or accept this fact.
Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by pippimp(m): 9:47pm On Aug 23, 2016
shinarambo1:

Nigeria still has one of the lowest rejection rate. lol
South Africa is just 5%.

Compared to the number of applicants, it is quite high.

1 Like

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 23, 2016
Toks2008:

You are absolutely right..at least 600 applicants a day multiplied by N48k if it has not gone higher.

48k x 600applicants = N28800000 x 5days = N144000000 x 4weeks = N576000000

Yet average of 40people are given per day while a larger number of unsuccessful applicants re-gamble their money.

This is why many people give testimony when they "win" the visa..what a sad situation.

$160, that's #53,600. That's the fee now!

#That figure they gave is a blatant lie. They reject more than that

1 Like

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by pippimp(m): 9:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
Stelvin101:
What this simply means is that so many Nigerians are trying to run away from this current hardship. But if we all run away who will fight the battle for us? cry

For you to fight any battle, you need to know who you are fighting, what you are fighting, and how to fight who or whatever it is. Nigerians have no clue about why the country is the way it is. All we are waiting for is the total collapse. It will will happen eventually. It's just a matter of time. If i were you, i would start pondering the best way to leave that country. Time is running out.

1 Like

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by Toks2008(m): 9:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
austinosita:

For the very first time on all US visa threads on Nairaland, someone has finally spoken the truth!

God bless you brother!

#You are so on point
#bitterfact

Just try London, Canada and see how these countries take time out to verify your intention and God help you that you are found wanting...na ban straight....that is commendable..

But U.S application is so whack and even if you are an intending terrorist, just perfect you vocal skills and convince the consular officer and that is it...you are in..

The most annoying part is the generic reason for refusing people talking about not having enough ties in your country and I tend to wonder that out of the number of people who demonstrate that they have strong ties how many do come back?

United states visa application process is the biggest joke of all time anchored by comedians in the name of consular officers..so sad.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by Malakh: 9:55pm On Aug 23, 2016
It's meant for some to run away, it's not their land in the first place, if everything was smooth how would they fulfill their predestination, we must be at the 4 corners of the world for a reason, only the House of Judah will understand, Judah will be the law-givers during the Millennial kingdom
Stelvin101:
What this simply means is that so many Nigerians are trying to run away from this current hardship. But if we all run away who will fight the battle for us? cry
Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by buckyfof(m): 11:03pm On Aug 23, 2016
90% of those pple were granted 2 weeks visa....una go still come back
Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by Observant: 11:19pm On Aug 23, 2016
Toks2008:

Just try London, Canada and see how these countries take time out to verify your intention and God help you that you are found wanting...na ban straight....that is commendable..

But U.S application is so whack and even if you are an intending terrorist, just perfect you vocal skills and convince the consular officer and that is it...you are in..

The most annoying part is the generic reason for refusing people talking about not having enough ties in your country and I tend to wonder that out of the number of people who demonstrate that they have strong ties how many do come back?

United states visa application process is the biggest joke of all time anchored by comedians in the name of consular officers..so sad.

Canadian Embassy is no different from the American Embassy.
Infact Canadian Embassy appears worse.
My student application with them was the biggest horror of my life. They deliberately leave loophole and pitfall in the process.

My initial application was refused for insufficient funds even with my sponsor having 50X the required amount.
When I reapplied and paid off the entire tuition, added my own financial documents together with my sponsors, seeing that they could no longer hitch on finance to refuse my application they trumped up another reason "Purpose of visit " to refuse my application.

I applied to US, and my application was successful on first trial.

Both countries have no set down rules to verify applications, they just give visa officers arbitrary power to approve based on there discretion.

5 Likes

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by Toks2008(m): 11:26pm On Aug 23, 2016
Observant:

Canadian Embassy is no different from the American Embassy.
Infact Canadian Embassy appears worse.
My student application with them was the biggest horror of my life. They deliberately leave loophole and pitfall in the process.

My initial application was refused for insufficient funds even with my sponsor having 50X the required amount.
When I reapplied and paid off the entire tuition, added my own financial documents together with my sponsors, seeing that they could no longer hitch on finance to refuse my application they trumped up another reason "Purpose of visit " to refuse my application.

I applied to US, and my application was successful on first trial.

Both countries have no set down rules to verify applications, they just give visa officers arbitrary power to approve based on there discretion.

Your gamble was a success with U S trust me on this ..visa application process is more transparent with U.K and Canada despite your case.
Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 23, 2016
tysontim:
This is one of the advantage of Dollar increase if you can't afford the fee u stay back and develop your Country, Region, State, Town, City or village.
You can say that again. America, China, Japan shut their doors for at least, 10 years without travelling out of their countries. During these years, they were busy developing their countries. Now they're among world powers. America will say come, come and live...they will real out various visa programmes. They won't say come and develop our countries for us so you won't suspect that you're going to be enslaved again, but in an advanced manner. And when you get there, you'd be building their economy for them. They'd first say you must not travel to your country of birth for some years. Before you collect you salary, you'd have spent it all, even if your brother or sister is getting married, you dare not step out. They'll set a living standard you'd be struggling to maintain, you and you get hooked eventually and remain their slaves for life. I'm not discouraging anybody from going to America or any of the western countries to live but that's the realities on ground. Before you know it, you're already old and will become less productive with little or nothing left as savings. I stopped putting up at my friend's place each time I visit because instead of them entertaining me, I'd be the one spending. If you want them to stop picking your call,pls tell them to send you just a hundred bucks. No place like home. Nigeria is a fertile soil to those who can look beyond their noses for opportunities.

3 Likes

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 23, 2016
B1/b2 application fee is now 53k shocked

1 Like

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 23, 2016
pippimp:

For you to fight any battle, you need to know who you are fighting, what you are fighting, and how to fight who or whatever it is. Nigerians have no clue about why the country is the way it is. All we are waiting for is the total collapse. It will will happen eventually. It's just a matter of time. If i were you, i would start pondering the best way to leave that country. Time is running out.
You lie. Tell whoever that's deceiving you that Nigeria will rather get better and stronger
Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by ashala(m): 11:41pm On Aug 23, 2016
Chai I remember when I went for mine na so one oyinbo man wey de talk fri fri for nose like person wey dem tie em nose just ask me one question come reject my application. I come shout Ndia eriem ooooo!

1 Like

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by pippimp(m): 11:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
awelekiti:
You lie. Tell whoever that's deceiving you that Nigeria will rather get better and stronger

You have just proven another reason why Nigeria will collapse. Denial. Denying the obvious is the surest way to the demise of anything. Nigeria will get better and stronger abi? In a country where corruption is the main occupation. In a country where the mindset of the people is worse than that of Afghans and Iraqis combined. Ok. Carry on.

2 Likes

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by confistified(m): 12:26am On Aug 24, 2016
Jeez nor b d rejection rate dey shock me but the Validity Months

Senegal - 120months(10yrs)
South Africa - 120months(10yrs)
NIGERIA - 24months(2yrs) cry

3 Likes

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by 19naia(m): 1:48am On Aug 24, 2016
Your desire for the dollar makes the dollar more valuable and the Naira suffers because of it.

Your desire to go to the land of the US dollar makes the land of the US dollar richer and Nigeria stays poorer for it.

$10million invested in Nigeria is enough to grow a business and productivity to make a comfortable occupation for the 65,000 denied applicants.

Nigeria doesn't have the advantage or silver spoon of being a colonial master over lands and labor that it stole from other people, but still it can make great improvement to itself without the stain of colonial mastership and world wars on its heritage.
Where there is life, there is hope. May Nigerians rise up, clean house and use good sense and good temperment to make of Nigeria what it must be for the mutual benefit of all Nigerians.
Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by Nobody: 2:43am On Aug 24, 2016
ashala:
Chai I remember when I went for mine na so one oyinbo man wey de talk fri fri for nose like person wey dem tie em nose just ask me one question come reject my application. I come shout Ndia eriem ooooo!
Nwanne, ndo o
It's a shame that the consulate/embassy doesn't have a policy of refunding even half of the visa application fee.

1 Like

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by Omudia11: 3:29am On Aug 24, 2016
Note: This is only for B1 applicants. You have have F1, B2 and many others .

1 Like

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by haryomikun(m): 4:20am On Aug 24, 2016
soberdrunk:
When Nigerians who do not have the required qualifications to travel to the US Will still be trying their luck like say nah BET9JA........

Hmmm

What are the required qualifications sir?

Am looking to travel there in the nearest future
Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by USAutoBuy(m): 5:37am On Aug 24, 2016
Its easy to say how much they generate, there is also another side of the coin: HOW MUCH THEY SPENT IN MAN HOURS TO PROCESS IT.

Regardless of how you feel about the transparency/fairness of the American Visa process, one thing still remain clear: They put in some work in processing every visa application.

That requires efforts and time to document and make finding about the information on the application.

Just my 2 cents

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by koxi: 5:53am On Aug 24, 2016
God go judge them.
I'm applying soon and mine MOST DEFINITELY WILL BE APPROVED BY HIS GRACE
Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by jay7(m): 6:05am On Aug 24, 2016
Chai in someone's voice.

1 Like

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by phenase(m): 6:27am On Aug 24, 2016
My younger brother's money is there..o. This is CRIME.
Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 24, 2016
USAutoBuy:
Its easy to say how much they generate, there is also another side of the coin: HOW MUCH THEY SPENT IN MAN HOURS TO PROCESS IT.

Regardless of how you feel about the transparency/fairness of the American Visa process, one thing still remain clear: They put in some work in processing every visa application.

That requires efforts and time to document and make finding about the information on the application.

Just my 2 cents

Oga, they do not make any findings about the info on application.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here / The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) / Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.