Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,732 members, 7,802,213 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

How To Recover Data From A Damaged/corrupt Memory Card - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Recover Data From A Damaged/corrupt Memory Card (3046 Views)

Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card / Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again / MTN Announces Tariff Increase On Data From 1st December As Directed By NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Recover Data From A Damaged/corrupt Memory Card by Fabkeyz(m): 9:35pm On Aug 23, 2016
Recover, Restore Data From Damaged Memory Card Or Drive

HEY Whatsup Nairalander, today i will show you[b] how to Recover data from corrupt usb drives, memory card without actually formatting it[/b]

You might be wondering if it is possible to recover data from a damaged, corrupt, locked, broken Micro Sd card or drive without actually formatting it? Well, it is possible and also easy! Formatting your SD should be your last resort.

Some of the reasons why data or files in a memory card or external storage drive sometimes gets corrupted, damaged, inaccessible/not detected might be because it was abnormally removed during usage, dropped, formatted or partitioned wrongly, virus infections, and a whole lot more.

A friend was playing songs on her Nokia C3-00, the battery was very low and suddenly it went off. After charging it, she couldn't find the memory card in the gallery and all her stuffs disappeared. Connecting the SDcard to a PC didn't help because it asked to format it(Sd card), and sometimes the formatting fails.

I have actually have been in that dreadful shoe before. My 16GB SDHC memory card got completely damaged. My phone was showing damaged sdcard, please format. When I tried to format it using the phone, it would show formatting failed.
I even tried accessing and formatting the memory card using other android devices and even symbian, and windows phones but to no avail.

Thinking a PC will solve it, I connected it to the Pc via a USB card reader, but immediately my computer said the disk can't be used unless its formatted.

In my confused state i found myself searching vigorously because I couldn't afford to loose the contents on the memory card. And then i found the answer.

Now if you have a memory card that is damaged, doesn't show up or get recognized in your phone, requesting for formatting before it can be used, locked, hidden contents, showing errors, corrupted files and you wouldn't want to loose them by formatting the memory card, please read on.

The software called Remo Recover will do a good job by helping you recover all of your files from a bad memory card without formatting it.

Download Remo Recover v4.0.0.34 Full Premium version http://www.techytab.com/2016/07/how--recover-restore-data-from-damaged-memory-card-drive.html
Unpack and save the folder on your PC.
To install, open the Remo Recover v4.0.0.34 folder and read the instructions in the readme.txt file
After installation, launch Remo Recover v4.0.0.34

(you can download the remo from the link above)

Now click on the Basic Edition, Media Edition or Pro Edition depending on what you need. All the same, you will still recover the files/data in your memory or storage drive. I used Pro edition for this tutorial.

After clicking the Edition you want, select the Option that suits you in the next page.
The drives on your Pc and other external drives will be displayed. Select the one that has the issue and click on the arrow button at the bottom right.

Remo Recover will start searching for lost partitions in your drive(memory card or hard disk, flashdrive etc)

After a while it will display a list of the drives or partitions it found.

Select the one that matches yours and then click the forward arrow at the bottom right ➡
Select OK on the prompt that says perform an additional scan for specific file types.

Manually select the file types you wish to recover or select Mark All to recover everything on the corrupted memory card. Click the forward arrow ➡ to proceed.
It will take a while to search all the music, photos and videos plus other files depending on the size.
After finding the lost data, click OK on the prompt that displays.

Note
Files recovered are in the folder icon while additional files are in the other folder icon with a red X.

Manually select the files you wish to save or select Mark All if you want to save every thing from the bad memory card.
Click Yes on the Save recovery session prompt.

Now click on the output folder and select any folder or create a new folder where you want the recovered files to be saved. Click Ok.

The recovery process will begin and will take a while depending on the size of the recovered files. Please do not interrupt it.

After the media files and other data have been saved, just go to the folder you selected and you will see all of your files gladly waiting for you.

You can now format the SD card or drive and then transfer the contents back.

There is a much clearer post on http://www.techytab.com/2016/07/how--recover-restore-data-from-damaged-memory-card-drive.html with descriptive images and working download links.....

comment if you have any issues.

credits #techytab.com

Re: How To Recover Data From A Damaged/corrupt Memory Card by ltaidays: 6:36am On Aug 25, 2016
Samsung Galaxy Recovery enables to directly recover lost and deleted data like contacts, SMS, photos, videos and more from any Samsung Galaxy phones and tablets with a click.

Recover deleted data from Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Recover deleted data from Smasung Galaxy Note 7
Recover lost data from Samsung SD card

Read more from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKIhYKPqtvg
Re: How To Recover Data From A Damaged/corrupt Memory Card by Jackadision: 12:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
Manual method of recovery is not always perfect to recover your memory card data, so it is suggested to apply a professional Card Recovery tool. With the help of Memory Card Data Recover tool you can recover lost data from all type of memory card. This tool is able to recover data, such as contacts, text messages, photos, WhatsApp messages, audio files, videos documents, and so on. However, you don't need to worry about data lost or deleted on your phone/camera memory card the program will help you recover lost
Re: How To Recover Data From A Damaged/corrupt Memory Card by seeit: 5:45am On Jan 24, 2017
When you lost or found any item any were in Nigeria visit www.seeit.ng to report it, seeit.ng is a web site for lost and found item in all category.

(1) (Reply)

Downloading Error On Sony Ericsson K750i / ANDROID- Stock Roms VS Custom Roms, Which Is Better? / IMEI Reversal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.