Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God (9108 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) / My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards / How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by MutantMetahuman: 7:10am On Aug 24, 2016
Okay my religious people in the house...

I have been an atheist for more than 7 years now after spending a big chunk of me life running from my shadow..

But I'm not close minded to the idea of god.. Please give me one good reason why you think I should go back to believing god.

And please have in mind that you are trying to convince someone that applies or try really hard to apply logic or common knowledge to everything he does. So don't bring the faith mumbo jumbo..
I not gona have faith or believed that swallowing a stone would cure head ache unless the person proves it. grin

Thanks.

Waiting...... No trolls please.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Pidggin(f): 7:16am On Aug 24, 2016
You can't believe without faith. Logic is not a Christian parameter

11 Likes

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Benikuuse(m): 7:17am On Aug 24, 2016
my brother so you can be stupid. who introduce you to atheist? that you want somebody to introduce you to God? for your information, there is every reason on earth to come back to God

3 Likes

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by MutantMetahuman: 7:24am On Aug 24, 2016
Benikuuse:
my brother so you can be stupid. who introduce you to atheist? that you want somebody to introduce you to God? for your information, there is every reason on earth to come back to God
so am stupid huh? god must be proud of you. grin

Compelling arguments by atheists introduced me to atheism. So I'm giving you lot a chance to bring this lost soul back.

Why not list these so called reasons? Init what I asked for?

6 Likes

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by johnydon22(m): 7:28am On Aug 24, 2016
MutantMetahuman:

I have been an atheist for more than 7 years now after spending a big chunk of me life running from my shadow..

But I'm not close minded to the idea of god.. Please give me one good reason why you think I should go back to believing god.

And please have in mind that you are trying to convince someone that applies or try really hard to apply logic or common knowledge to everything he does. So don't bring the faith mumbo jumbo..
I not gona have faith
or believed that swallowing a stone would cure head ache unless the person proves it. grin

Thanks.

The bolded says a lot. . . You just need faith and since you are not ready to have that, you are on a wild goose chase.

6 Likes

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by AdeniyiA(m): 7:39am On Aug 24, 2016
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 24, 2016
Op is as confused as anything!.....

1 Like

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Nasa28(m): 7:43am On Aug 24, 2016
You said u can't have faith, then how do u intend doing it?? Faith is the key thing. without faith , you can not please God.
My dear pls receive Sense

2 Likes

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by MutantMetahuman: 7:50am On Aug 24, 2016
Nasa28:
You said u can't have faith, then how do u intend doing it??
Faith is the key thing. without faith , you can not please God.

My dear pls receive Sense
faith comes when there is proof init?
People won't believe in Jesus if he didn't perform miracles right?

Please give me something to kick start this faith..

I have faith that panadol will cure head ache Cos I have seen it cure head ache before..

Now answer the question.

2 Likes

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by MutantMetahuman: 7:51am On Aug 24, 2016
toposi4naija:
Op is as confused as anything!.....
unconfused me na oh ye the unconfused one grin
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by MutantMetahuman: 7:53am On Aug 24, 2016
AdeniyiA:
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
is this the reason I needed?

This kind of perish talk is one of many reasons I left religion to begin with.

2 Likes

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by MutantMetahuman: 8:01am On Aug 24, 2016
Pidggin:
removing logic.. Faith still need some kind of proof.

1 Like

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Ranchhoddas: 8:02am On Aug 24, 2016
MutantMetahuman:

I not gona have faith or believed that swallowing a stone would cure head ache unless the person proves it. grin

Thanks.

Supernatural occurences; faith healing etc. They can't all possibly be stage-managed. With their ubiquity, chances are that some of them are actually real events.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by MutantMetahuman: 8:05am On Aug 24, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Supernatural occurences; faith healing etc. They can't all possibly be stage-managed. With their ubiquity, chances are that some of them are actually real events.
supernatural occurrences like?

Faith healings like?

1 Like

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by winner01(m): 8:06am On Aug 24, 2016
You'd need reason and logic to admit the limit of human reason, forgo pride and dismiss the notion that the material world is all there is and ever would be.
Faith is also very important in our daily lives, we have faith in people most times even before they prove themselves. You see, basically, reality has shown that before understanding something, you put faith in it that it can be understood. Before discovering reason, you have to put faith that reason is even a possibility. By rationalizing, you put faith that there is rationality. Faith is a vital part of humanity. Faith enables you to reach beyond that which seems beyond reach.
Like a pastor in the last thread I created said: You cant study the universe enough to reach beyond the universe in the same way, studying a car engine wont give you a clue as to who created the engine or why there is an engine in the first place. I dont believe anybody can change your heart, only God Himself can do that.
I strongly advise however that you channel your energy into searching for Whom this God really is in all sincerity instead of constantly fighting the unapologetic human nature to believe in God.
I believe when you do so in sincerity, God is merciful enough to reveal Himself to you in ways no man would ever understand.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by johnydon22(m): 8:06am On Aug 24, 2016
MutantMetahuman:
faith comes when there is proof init?

Nope quite the contrary - Faith is exercised when there are no proofs, faith doesn't require proof.

People won't believe in Jesus if he didn't perform miracles right?
Please give me something to kick start this faith..
You need no proof to exercise faith, if a proof comes up you'd no longer believe something by faith but you would be certain.

So faith simply means believe it without proof whether it is true or not.

I have faith that panadol will cure head ache Cos I have seen it cure head ache before..
Now answer the question.

It leaves the confines of faith when certainty is involved.. you do not have faith that there is a sun, you are sure of it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Ranchhoddas: 8:09am On Aug 24, 2016
MutantMetahuman:
supernatural occurrences like?
Faith healings like?
Change of genotype after a crusade or a prayer.
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Ghost21(m): 8:10am On Aug 24, 2016
God work in so many mysterious ways, for example you might be asking him to prove his presence in your life with a car, but with his foresight that car will end your life sooner than you need, for that reason he denies you that and in return he offered you a good life sounded by loved and beautiful ones. You really need serious faith and try to look beyond what you see. God is there and he loves us all.
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Pidggin(f): 8:16am On Aug 24, 2016
MutantMetahuman:
removing logic.. Faith still need some kind of proof.

Isreal is the only middle- eastern country without Islam as the prevalent religion yet it is the strongest amongst them, ask yourself what is behind it. The Jews virtually control American economy, how is this so? Don't you think there is something supernatural about this? I will like to see you explain this based on logic
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by MutantMetahuman: 8:20am On Aug 24, 2016
johnydon22:

Nope quite the contrary - Faith is exercised when there are no proofs, faith doesn't require proof.

You need no proof to exercise faith, if a proof comes up you'd no longer believe something by faith but you would be certain.

So faith simply means believe it without proof whether it is true or not.

It leaves the confines of faith when certainty is involved.. you do not have faith that there is a sun, you are sure of it.
nope..

I could see sun up there its absolute.. Even if don't I have single drop of faith, sun will still shine..

That's why I used panadol. panadol, I have faith it will cure head ache cos I have seen it cure head ache before, but what if used it and still didn't cure the head ache? So i am not absolutely certain that it would work, but I have faith based on what I have seen which made me believe it would work in the first place.

If Jesus didn't perform the miracles that people thought were impossible, I don't think anyone would have believed he is a god. It doesn't mean jesus perform miracles on everybody, but some people believed based in what they have seen.

Do you know some people still believe Chris angel uses some kinda super natural power even when the guy has debunked such grin
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Ghost21(m): 8:24am On Aug 24, 2016
God is real.

2 Likes

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by MutantMetahuman: 8:25am On Aug 24, 2016
Pidggin:

Isreal is the only middle- eastern country without Islam as the prevalent religion yet it is the strongest amongst them, ask yourself what is behind it. The Jews virtually control American economy, how is this so? Don't you think there is something supernatural about this? I will like to see you explain this based on logic

israel has the backing of america.. Without it, Israel will be done for it.
Without the help of the world, Hitler would have killed every Jew on earth.

If god was protecting them, he wouldn't have created Hitler to begin with grin

By the way, jews don't believe in Jesus.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by MutantMetahuman: 8:27am On Aug 24, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Change of genotype after a crusade or a prayer.
okay..

Now this is interesting ... Please tell me more
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by johnydon22(m): 8:30am On Aug 24, 2016
MutantMetahuman:
nope..

I could see sun up there its absolute.. Even if don't I have single drop of faith, sun will still shine..

Exactly - therefore there is no faith here. . . You are very sure of it.

That's why I used panadol. panadol, I have faith it will cure head ache cos I have seen it cure head ache before, but what if used it and still didn't cure the head ache? So i am not absolutely certain that its would work, but I have faith based on what I have seen which made me believe it would work in the first place.

Your tiny bit of doubt on panadol is derived from the fact that it's effectiveness is not consistent and also differs according to distinct anatomy - so there is uncertainty in this regard.

Exercising faith means you have lingering doubts on the actuality of the subject, unsure and uncertain but believe it anyway.

If Jesus didn't perform the miracles that's people think were impossible, I don't think anyone would have believed he is a god. It doesn't mean jesus perform miracles on everybody, but some people believed based in what they have seen.

Do you know some people still believe Chris angel uses some kinda super natural power even when the guy has debunked such grin

That is the effect of superstition and superstition is a tool fueled by ignorance in the face of awe striking events.
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Pidggin(f): 8:30am On Aug 24, 2016
MutantMetahuman:
israel has the backing of america.. Without it, Israel would be done for it.
Without the help of the world, Hitler would have killed every Jew on earth.

If god was protecting them, he wouldn't have created Hitler to begin with grin

By the way, jews don't believe in Jesus.

If you understand God you won't state that. God does that as a repercussion for wrong doing.
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Ranchhoddas: 8:30am On Aug 24, 2016
MutantMetahuman:
okay..

Now this is interesting ... Please tell me more
It's a good thing you did not deny it as other atheists are wont to.
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by MutantMetahuman: 8:33am On Aug 24, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
It's a good thing you did not deny it as other atheists are wont to.
like I said.. I'm open minded..

So let's discuss more on this genotype changing miracle..

Who did it?

Can he do it?

I need proofs here..
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by MutantMetahuman: 8:38am On Aug 24, 2016
Pidggin:

If you understand God you won't state that. God does that as a repercussion for wrong doing.

but it has already been established now. I don't know god, that's why I'm asking those who say they know god to convince me.

What did the Jew do to deserve almost their extension and such brutal killing?
And why did god stop leaving battered population of the jews?
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Ranchhoddas: 8:40am On Aug 24, 2016
Pidggin:

Only uninformed people say things like this. Israel stands because of the West. While we must admit that they are some of the most intelligent people on Earth, it's simply crazy to think that any supernatural force is what is keeping them, especially not with the kind of crimes against humanity they commit regularly. They exist and thrive by the benevolence of the West, remove the West and watch the Arabs devour Israel.
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Pidggin(f): 8:46am On Aug 24, 2016
MutantMetahuman:
but it has already been established now. I don't know god, that's why I'm asking those who say they know god to convince me.

What did the Jew do to deserve almost their extension and such brutal killing?
And why did god stop leaving battered population of the jews?

Iniquity was what they did. They killed each other, sacriced their own children to idols, kidnapped, raped, molested, worshipped idols, prostitution, adultery, homosexuality, you name it, they did it.

This was what they forced a moral God to behold consistently hence HE dealt with them accordingly after several warnings
Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by MadCow1: 8:47am On Aug 24, 2016
Pidggin:

kiss

I will only change one aspect of your post and replace "Christian" with "Religious"..

1 Like

Re: Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God by Ranchhoddas: 8:47am On Aug 24, 2016
MutantMetahuman:
like I said.. I'm open minded..
So let's discuss more on this genotype changing miracle..
Who did it?
Can he do it?
I need proofs here..
Proof of what exactly?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? / Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? / 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.