Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot (7028 Views)

Ex-air Chief Hid Money In Soak Away( $1 Million) / Nigeria Air Chief Pilot Fighter Jet Against Bokoharam / Air Chief Advises Officers On Rules Of Engagement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by bibiking1(m): 12:32pm On Sep 30, 2009
slap1:

Dis things are all interconnected. If Arik had not protested, it wud not hav been 'DISCOVERED' dat they r 'task evaders', somtin dat may hav been on for months.

Exactly! If Atiku was not at loggerheads with Obasanjo EFCC would not have found out he was corrupt!
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by tkb417(m): 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2009
2Legit2Qui:

Nigerians are realy fools.

EFCC is set up to guide against money laundering, there are laws against whooping massive cash movement etc, if the EFCC noticed this and is doing their job, why are you guys criticising them?

If they do their work, trouble, if they dont do their work, trouble, Nigerians are idiots.
hmmm
are you an illiterate?

femilangy:

@ tkb

U right meant Chief pilot is the Chief Technical Officer.
cool
how ur side?
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2009
tkb417:

hmmm
are you an illiterate?
cool
how your side?

I am great oh,dey follow up ur comments on the sports section.i dey with u 100%
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by izeek(m): 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2009
just simply cos they protested against the bi-courtney contract or whatever,
this is plain witch-hunting.
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by Pennywise(m): 12:43pm On Sep 30, 2009
femilangy:

Bro are u kidding me?

your anaysis aint correlating atall,the AG and bicourtney are on the same side!!!!!!

The FG concessioned GAT to bicoutney,with the AG approval. . . . . . . .or am i missing something?

Enlighten me bro if i am.

Yes bro indeed you are missing sth. The AG is in cohoot with Bicourtney.

In Nigeria commonly law suits are used at the recommendation of a person in official position (to his collaborator)in order to 'force' the public official to take steps that are detrimental to state but favourable to the official (Aondoakaa) and collaborator (Bicourtney). That was the reason I said FAAN was conveniently left out of the suit no doubt again at the recommendation of Aondoakaa.
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by tkb417(m): 12:43pm On Sep 30, 2009
femilangy:

I am great oh,dey follow up your comments on the sports section.i dey with u 100%
lol, no mind me jare pally

hope America is treatin u well?

good work here o.

so you really think the EFCC should be harrassing people for tax evasion?
arent there laws that clearly identifies the ways tax offenders should be prosecuted?

whats the role of the EFCC in tax collection? im ignorant
just enlighten me abeg
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 30, 2009
izeek:

just simply cos they protested against the bi-courtney contract or whatever,
this is plain witch-hunting.

Not a great fan of Yar'duas govt but have u tried checking this whole thing from EFCC's point of view.
EFCC are currently investigating banks,they have access to loads of information now concerning huge funds transfers outside naija,you know if ARIK AIR has been used by most govt top shots to launder money outside nija,with the 'guise of acquiring brand new aircrafts?

Remember Sir johnson aramemu is also the chaiman of rockson engineering that has a non performing loan with Union bank(i tink ) to the tune of 14billion.lets not  allow our hate of this present govt becloud our sense of jugdement.
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2009
tkb417:

so you really think the EFCC should be harrassing people for tax evasion?
arent there laws that clearly identifies the ways tax offenders should be prosecuted?

whats the role of the EFCC in tax collection? im ignorant
just enlighten me abeg

No!
I am totally againt EFCC harassing pple for tax evasion,but what choice do u leave them if the principal suspect declines invitation for questioning on 3 occasions?

I dont know laws governing the creation and roles of the EFCC,but they have a right to investigate financial and economic crimes which tax evasion and money laundering falls into. . . .IMO,and stop forgeting the money laudering accusation against them,you seem to always leave that part out.
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by MUNEER2(m): 1:01pm On Sep 30, 2009
EFCC and their problems, always on the look out for a wrong scape goat
Make God help us ooo
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by tkb417(m): 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2009
femilangy:

No!
I am totally againt EFCC harassing pple for tax evasion,but what choice do u leave them if the principal suspect declines invitation for questioning on 3 occasions?

I dont know laws governing the creation and roles of the EFCC,but they have a right to investigate financial and economic crimes which tax evasion and money laundering falls into. . . .IMO,and stop forgeting the money laudering accusation against them,you seem to always leave that part out.
oh ok. didnt know about the Money launderin part
its cool then
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by kalabi: 1:12pm On Sep 30, 2009
anything goes in this country? EFFC will soon take over KAI and LASTMAN job.
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 30, 2009
kalabi:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. . . . . . . .ROFLMAO,u meant LASTMA i guess!!!!!!!!!
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by bidemi12(m): 1:25pm On Sep 30, 2009
It seems most do not understand. As the economic and FINANCIAL crimes commission they have the powers to investigate all manner of financial related matters both in the public and private sector. Nothing or nobody is sacred. Good or bad that is the power they weild and the power we "gave" them. maybe next time we would require our leaders in the future to give us in detail where institutions like the efcc's jurisdiction begins and ends. In this case Arik was founded under the shroud of fraud and as far as i am concerned they are fair game.
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 30, 2009
Why should someone pay tax in 9ja?? Last time I heard an EFCC operator had some Unibuja students to write his exams for him. Imagine EFCC and tax collection. Have they paid theirs. Tax monies Govt.Official pilfer all the time?
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by Solomon227(m): 1:42pm On Sep 30, 2009
Oh Lord 4giv me 4 hating Ribadu soo much.I miss dis Mallam soo bad
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by koolchicco: 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2009
kalabi:

U suddenly turn dis to nite of a thousands laugh's thread. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by baslone: 1:49pm On Sep 30, 2009
This EFFC drama is turning to home video. grin  grin  grin

They should face the corridor of power and politicians. Most of these
other cases i.e banking sector and now this will never be without the
protection of these untouchables.
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by kalabi: 1:51pm On Sep 30, 2009
i see no reason why anybody should pay tax in this country, u r paying tax for some bad bele people to embezzle. Nothing is working in this country no power/electricity,water, education is in crisis, health is in bad situation, no good road , no employment etc

Our leaders are going about enjoying the taxpayer money. God will judge all of them.

Obasanjo come and remove your go slow president u gave us o
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by jamace(m): 1:58pm On Sep 30, 2009
Fumbling and  wobbling @ 49. The centre can no longer hold. Things fall apart . cheesy  grin
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by naijaking1: 3:07pm On Sep 30, 2009
EFCC philosophy has totally changed.
Instead of going after high profile politicians--- governors, senators, former IGPs, etc, the EFCC nows goes after business people suspected of white collar crimes. I'm not saying that white collar crimes are ok, but they should not forget that the approach to this type of crime is totally different from those of the politicians, because these companies employ thousands of Nigerians, positively contribute to the economy, and actually stablize the service sectors.

After chasing arline pilots, who knows the next target? Maybe private bus company operators, okada riders, cattler rearers, and oh don't forget those money-laundring-market women with lots of cash tucked away in their underbelly.
So unfortunate lipsrsealed
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by StEdwin(m): 3:13pm On Sep 30, 2009
EFCC is dead.
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by elvino2005: 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2009
to me them jus dey decieve us with there political wa-yo,some believe bout me nor agree, the md ceo banks that was arested last time were are dey. or the rev, king that commited crime were him dey after dey charge him to death. my brother leave this country when someone can't bost of.      don't be decieve by our government there is no truth, even our love once that know d truth are under fear.d once that are ready say d truth have been br,
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by bawomolo(m): 3:29pm On Sep 30, 2009
LASTMAN grin grin
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by 55gal(m): 3:42pm On Sep 30, 2009
EFCC now collect tax?
Why arresting the pilot?
misplaced priority and function.
Very soon EFCC will start mediating between husband and wife issues.
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by totalfact(m): 3:52pm On Sep 30, 2009
The question No 1 is that, who is the owner of Arik Airline?
My beloved friends on Nairaland, nothing tangible would come out of the whole show!

Let us discuss another issue!

Nigeria @ 49? Any Success to celebrate as a nation?
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by theviper1: 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2009
the annoying part is that some pple who knows nxt to shit will come here and wants to lecture us on EFCC and economic crimes. its only a blind man who will not see that this has nothing to do with tax evasion and money-laundering bt plain witch-hunting for the air-lines protest over the bi-courtney deal. arik air was stepping on some1s gains and for that simple reason,they will pay and pay big time. dont be surprised when nxt u see EFCC directing traffic at ur local round -about or when they start doing the work of operation sweep or any operation that is on ground now. in other countries,there are agencies responsible for dealing with economic crimes and stuff,bt they dont meddle in the duties of FIRS. bt then this is 9ija where anything goes and anyone does everything and yet very poorly.
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by Witi(m): 4:01pm On Sep 30, 2009
Can we say is joblessness? No because CORRUPT POLITICIANS are partying and dining all over the place.
55gal:

?
misplaced priority and function.
Very soon EFCC will start mediating between husband and wife issues.
You are right misplaced priority. EFCC I gave my girlfriend 710 Naira to prepare Vegetable Soup and I later discovered she diverted the fund because the soup is not delicious, please which office should I go to, to present my case Lagos or Abuja office. grin
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by kalabi: 4:05pm On Sep 30, 2009
success to celebrate? yes within 49 year Nigeria knows different way of corruptions, embezzlement, bad leader.
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by yeswecan(m): 4:41pm On Sep 30, 2009
Is Arik Air really involved in money laundering of any kind? Are they refusing to pay their taxes? Why has the directors constantly refused to come over for interrogation? If the answers to my first two questions are yes, yes ,then i will commend the Financial crime commission. This tread mirrors an average Nigerin (lost), this is the problem we have with our president, he has disconnected himself from the Nigeria people. No politician will purposely choose to wicked his people. The Elites are only working according to the level of understanding they have. YarAdua is not a corrupt politician that wants to fill up his bank account, he is just disconnected with the main idea, he is confused and doesn't know which road to follow, this is why i advocate for his immediate resignation.

To EFCC i say a job well done , although i totally disagree with the issue that involves bank chiefs, that was totally uncalled for from Sanusi and EFCC.
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by ayobase(m): 5:33pm On Sep 30, 2009
EFCC now MULTIPRUPOSE!
Gbogbo nise!

They will soon be involved
in the administration of NACA
on HIV/AIDS awareness.

They are now all rounder!
MULTIPURPOSE!

Nigeria Is Blessed.
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by naijaking1: 5:49pm On Sep 30, 2009
Witi:

Can we say is joblessness? No because CORRUPT POLITICIANS are partying and dining all over the place. You are right misplaced priority. EFCC I gave my girlfriend 710 Naira to prepare Vegetable Soup and I later discovered she diverted the fund because the soup is not delicious, please which office should I go to, to present my case Lagos or Abuja office. grin

LMAO grin

If your girlfriend is from Benue or Katsina, or even know somebody in EFCC you run the risk of EFCC making you the subject of inquiry instead of your girlfriend.
You could be invited for a "chat with Farida to explain how you earned 710 naira"
Re: Efcc Arrests Arik Air’s Chief Pilot by Rooneyboy(m): 6:29pm On Sep 30, 2009
EFCC has lost it completly, who are they trying to deceive by focusing their attention somewhere else?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meaning Of Names Of 7 Igbo Governors, S/east, South / 2019: PDP, APC Chieftains Seek Alternative Platforms / Anambra State To Dualize Major Roads In The State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.