Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,017 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:32 AM

Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. (41141 Views)

Can A Woman Breast Feeding Take In? / See The Huge Python My Neighbour Was Roasting Yesterday.... / See How Boiling Ring Almost Blinded My Neighbour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by Mrdecent(m): 1:49pm On Aug 24, 2016
RIDICULOUS WAY MY NEIGHBOUR IS FEEDING HER CHILDREN.
I live among mostly the illiterates and less have .I always love to relate with them and know their problems in other to see how I could help especially in the area of their education ( not that I am that rich oh but at least I am a bit more enlightened than them )
So after the last Sunday service I went to meet this neighbour of mine .we were discussing how the country economy has been affecting individual . it was at that point the woman told me something that was very shocking . she said since this issue of increase in rice price ,that she has been “applying brain” to the consumption of the rice . The woman lost her husband years ago leaving behind 5 young children . she said her children love to eat rice a lot hence the reason for the application of wisdom .
She said ,she would buy like 5 cups of rice ,then buy one cup of pepper . she said ordinarily ,they are supposed to cook 7 cups of rice . she said thou the food may look small when served but before they could finish the rice that the children would have been satisfied after the intake of a lot of water . she said most times there are always left over for the other time . she also told me that she applies that method to other food like beans and soup .
I was shocked and I have been thinking on how I could help them out from such predicaments .
This is a serious issue in this country oh. I know we are going to overcome last last

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by okirewaju(f): 3:34pm On Aug 24, 2016
They are not alone. A lot of families are looking for ways to adjust their feeding habit due to the economy.

You can gift them a bag of rice.

197 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by Jennifer89(f): 5:52pm On Aug 24, 2016
surprise them with a bag of rice I'm sure it will go a long way in sustaining them

195 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by Mrdecent(m): 5:56pm On Aug 24, 2016
lalasticlala is this good?

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by RealJaneDoe: 7:23pm On Aug 24, 2016
ehya

its really sad..

3 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 24, 2016
That's crazy but see what my neighbour's father has resorted to doing sad

107 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by Teewhy2: 7:23pm On Aug 24, 2016
Desperate time requires desperate measure.
The woman derives means of feeding her family despite the fact that she is the only one taking care of the family. I pray that GOD should provide for her financial power to take good care of them

132 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 24, 2016
this economy is really hard..I now see different combo of food that ordinarily people won't eat.

bread,and ground nut oil.

fufu,and Palmoil.

rice,and stew,with yam.

bread,and tin tomato paste..

don't try this at home.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by olafum1(m): 7:25pm On Aug 24, 2016
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by simmieyoung(m): 7:25pm On Aug 24, 2016
am coming, lemme go n check my beans.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by fineboynl(m): 7:25pm On Aug 24, 2016
and this made front page. she is even eating rice. when others are sleeping with empty stomach.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by MrTemple(m): 7:25pm On Aug 24, 2016
Jennifer89:
surprise them with a bag of rice I'm sure it will go a long way in sustaining them

Supported.

4 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by Elzends(m): 7:26pm On Aug 24, 2016
With that kinda mentality, if peptic ulcer comes in, an old innocent witch in a far away villa go collect loads of curses

13 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 24, 2016
FP thins
Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by mhisbliss(f): 7:26pm On Aug 24, 2016
what a life, op a bag of rice will go a long way if you really want to help

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by scholes23(m): 7:26pm On Aug 24, 2016
Too much pepper nor good oooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by Innodon(m): 7:26pm On Aug 24, 2016
Ok
Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by CharlieMaria(m): 7:27pm On Aug 24, 2016
Let me comment since it's a post on food

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by tafabaloo(m): 7:27pm On Aug 24, 2016
Na change period o. We all gat to adjust either compulsorily or by choice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by admax(m): 7:27pm On Aug 24, 2016
Supported!
Jennifer89:

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by SIRKAY98(m): 7:27pm On Aug 24, 2016
My brother when a man complains of his own predicament you will know that there is more suffering than it is to someone else

Someone may complain of eating pepring rice while someone is looking up to see something to eat but he will not only to sleep with an empty stomach!

Someone may complain of Sleeping with his family in a single room while someone is praying to find somewhere to sleep but he will not see only to find a place under the brige he can sleep

Many of us her complaining Nigeria is bad while someone is even praying to come out of that jail,prison,Sickness and various bondages!

Someone may complain of low salary while someone is out there praying to get that job you are complaining of

Someone may complian of no shoe! While someone is walking just bear footed using a branch of tree to make him self a shoe.

It is well

We should alway Thank God whatever situation we find ourselfs
When there is life something new can spring forth atleast we remenber baba OBJ from prison to Presido.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by DrayZee: 7:27pm On Aug 24, 2016
NA SENSE NA..... THE WOMAN HAS SENSE...

Anything to survive in harsh conditions...

Nigerians... We can outlive anything...
Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 24, 2016
DERICA na 300 naira so my remedy @ this stage is...[size=18pt]SPAGHETTI of 180(both na carbohydrate).[/size]

16 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by ojo4life(m): 7:27pm On Aug 24, 2016
End time
Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by osemoses1234(m): 7:27pm On Aug 24, 2016
Buy her 10 bags of rice

4 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by OHIsIManuEL(m): 7:28pm On Aug 24, 2016
shocked
Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 24, 2016
wow......and in this same hard economy,i jst mistakely sent 2500 to someone........men.......na die oooooo

3 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by bigheart2013(m): 7:28pm On Aug 24, 2016
But they belong to a church where pastors have private jets and preach reward in heaven when they die abi? Churches in US have soup kitchens for poor people like this. You see why the most religious countries/people in the world are the poorest. Now it will take Atheists and so-called 'unbelievers' to help them feed. Why are stories of 'miracle's like this not used as testimonies in Nigerian churches? Please I suggest let her church pastor know first before NL. I am not being harsh but we need to start calling people out in that country

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by chynie: 7:28pm On Aug 24, 2016
For little help the woman per her biz, either by enlarging it or otherwise

For large tell bubu if u can to ease some economic policies , the economy is harsh on almost everything/everybody under his leadership
Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by Fiwasayo(f): 7:28pm On Aug 24, 2016
Awwww,someone mentioned giving her rice as a gift,it's a great idea.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ridiculous Way My Neighbour Is Feeding Her Children. by prahcetomi(m): 7:28pm On Aug 24, 2016
fineboynl:
and this made front page. she is even eating rice. when others are sleeping with empty stomach.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Will You Prefer This As December Gift? / The N27.8million Bottle Of Champagne Nigerians Buy In United Kingdom / Instead Of Doing Yahoo, I Ventured Into Pap Making Business, At Age 19.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.