Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Ogun Signs Mou On Cotton Production! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Signs Mou On Cotton Production! (5720 Views)

Gelegele Seaport Development To Begin As Obaseki Signs Mou With China Harbour / Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) / FG Signs Mou On Warri-abuja Rail Project..picture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Signs Mou On Cotton Production! by SuperS1Panther: 11:10am On Aug 25, 2016
janellemonae:

So they should leave d raw material & first focus on the industrialization of the raw material. So if they build processing plants first, they will now import cotton There are already textile ginning plants in d north. They all closed up cos there's no more cotton. They import everything. And more dollars is needed to import d cotton. It can't work wtout d raw material.

Dts why Michelin eventually left Nigeria for Ghana. Why would I process rubber into other products when there's no more rubber in d country?

Ur talking about leaving "d mundane level of agriculture" for finished goods. They obviously go hand in hand. Maybe you should check the largest exporters of cotton, timber, oranges, oats etc.etc in d world. You would see the USA as top 5 exporter in almost every agricultural list. U don't throw d baby away wt d bath water cos ur chasing industrialization.

Get the correct message i was passing across.

We should blend agriculture and processing and not only cultivation. The processor of agricultural products makes more money than the farmer. We can also process our agricultural products and export them to other African countries. Thereby shoring up our FX earnings, creating more employment and increasing revenue for Govt.

Relying on only cultivation is sheer stupidity.
Re: Ogun Signs Mou On Cotton Production! by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 25, 2016
stardragon:
Thank u NDA for opening the eyes of other state govnrs
are u saying it is because of NDA that made Ogun state to be an economic power house or what?
Re: Ogun Signs Mou On Cotton Production! by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 25, 2016
bayulll011:

My brother I tire for this country,our leaders re selfish,pathetic,and silly,no idea,no creativity no dream,a nations that cannot feed itself is not a serious one,each time I walk outside and sees people with frustrations faces I only weep.

It is only in nigeria u leave out your good sectors that can generate good cash and focus solely on oil,no nation jokes with the following sectors,Agriculture,Transportations,Manufacturing,small medium enterprises and Information technology,but here we re not a serious nations,Nigeria is the only country that will leaves his transportations in the hand of hungry-Angry un serious and cultured hand,for Nigeria to be better all our olds heads needs to give way,the ones that annoyed me most is our higher institutions,these ones are corrupt,pathetic,silly and idiocy runs in them smh
nice write up. But u can go and open another tread for your complains this one is about Ogun state and the development in it
Re: Ogun Signs Mou On Cotton Production! by rlauncher(m): 12:16pm On Aug 25, 2016
This is a good development for Nigeria especially Ogun State.

I wish to state here that we don't need foreign investment in this. We should do it by ourselves and keep the profits back at home.
Re: Ogun Signs Mou On Cotton Production! by bayulll011(m): 12:21pm On Aug 25, 2016
michaelandre:
nice write up. But u can go and open another tread for your complains this one is about Ogun state and the development in it

Ogun state is in austra abi
Re: Ogun Signs Mou On Cotton Production! by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 25, 2016
bayulll011:

You re both saying the same thing,he's focusing on the industrialization aspect,growing cotton is good,focus on the finished product is also good,we don't want to av large chunk of cotton then latter no step to convert it to finished product,we don't wanna end up like the oil industries where majority of our oil use is imported
bro do u no what u just typed it is called BULLSHIiiT, so now companies should come and start importing cotton from outside into Nigeria does that makes sense. now once the cotton can be produced here 60% of the problem is solve then companies will come and invest because then can have it here. and Ogun state can also export and get more forex
Re: Ogun Signs Mou On Cotton Production! by bayulll011(m): 12:40pm On Aug 25, 2016
michaelandre:
bro do u no what u just typed it is called BULLSHIiiT, so now companies should come and start importing cotton from outside into Nigeria does that makes sense. now once the cotton can be produced here 60% of the problem is solve then companies will come and invest because then can have it here. and Ogun state can also export and get more forex

U re so oo naïve I will forgive your ignorance,how many foreign investors came here to set up refineries,do u know that majority of our cassava is exported,can u justify why a paint of garri is now 800,simply because we focus on raw material without converting those materials to finished product,mr BULSHIT learn pls
Re: Ogun Signs Mou On Cotton Production! by bayulll011(m): 12:43pm On Aug 25, 2016
michaelandre:

I understand u want to promote ogun state,laudable and precise av been to that ogun,ur governor is under performing,with all the arable land and its proximity to lagos,he seems to lack idea or he just simply to be slow

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Spotted Wearing (n17.6m) Patel Philippe Wrist Watch / See Hotels Open In Rivers State Despite Lockdown PHOTOS / Emir Of Kano Looks Unrecognisable In Igbo Attire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.