Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,464 members, 7,801,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 (57577 Views)

Bayern Munich Vs Real Madrid : UCL (1 - 2) On 25th April 2018 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 / UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by Ellidude(m): 9:00pm On Aug 25, 2016
Honestly, this constant debate about who's better between Cristiano and Messi is making football boring. We have failed to recognize other outstanding players. It's always about them. Make ona pity other players na.

5 Likes

Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by Misterdhee1(m): 9:03pm On Aug 25, 2016
Cunninlinguist:
What of that of 2010? We all know sneijder was supposed to win it
What about 2014? We all know Manuel Nuer was more deserving of the Balon d'or than the actual winner
Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by rozayx5(m): 9:27pm On Aug 25, 2016
hinohsend:

Do you know Maradona retired not once but twice?.

If you keep postinq trash, you cant blame him for callinq u a boy.

no.mnd the guy

so many premature madrid fans. they allow their love for ronaldo to blind them . even ronaldo wishes he had messi left leg cheesy

1 Like

Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by Misterdhee1(m): 9:29pm On Aug 25, 2016
kingsilly:

seriously bro, who u waan give 2016 to

griezmann

mshewwwwww

or messi wey don loose common fashion sense grin grin grin grin grin

comot hia
The last time I checked, fashion doesn't count on the soccer pitch bro...Drop sentiment, and answer this straight - Who has been the better player of the two in the last 8 months?

2 Likes

Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by agrovick(m): 9:38pm On Aug 25, 2016
Raypawer:
na u fix am? don't jump to conclusion so quickly!

Baba, it's a pattern that has been ongoing for about 6 seasons or so, it's no longer coincidence.
Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by SUPERPACK: 9:42pm On Aug 25, 2016
Pinkiwinki:
THESE IDIOTS have give penaldo the europe best player. penaldo that played against the 3rd team from italy in round of sixteen in champions league, the eight team from germany in the quarter final, the 4th team from england in the semi finals and second leg matches always at home. "WE ALL CAN SEE THAT UEFA ARE MADRID SUPPORTERS. GRIEZMAN THAT PLAYED AGAINST BARCA IN QUARTER FINAL, BAYERN MUNICH IN SEMI FINAL, ALL FIRST TEAMS IN THEIR COUNTRIES. "GRIEZMAN DESERV THE AWARD.

Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by SUPERPACK: 9:45pm On Aug 25, 2016
engrhorla:

I can see that you no get light in your area during d Copa plus you didn't have data then

Else you would have realised Messi's hat trick against Panama guaranteed Argentina's top spot

He has undisputed 5 goal assists

Now wait, Is Iceland or Hungary a footballing country?

Anyways, since u are used to ur Ronaldo playing against Malmo, Iceland & other weak teams, I surrender
like barcelona.
Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by SUPERPACK: 9:53pm On Aug 25, 2016
Alao046:
For all of u saying nonsense, Ronaldo won d euro 2016,wich is only for Europe as a continent.messi won the fifa under -23 WORLD CUP,in dat tournament he won d golden boot and d golden ball. He also won d golden ball in d 2014 fifa world cup and also took a medal,
If Ronaldo is not a caword, den he should at least won even just a 3rd place medal in any World competition.all wat ronaldo has won re in Europe,but for Leo, he has won in d world.
bt ronaldo reached semi finals.
Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by engrhorla(m): 9:54pm On Aug 25, 2016
DesChyko:

So, it is Panama and Bolivia that are footballing countries abi?? For you to underrate Hungary, you need to make more efficient use of your data.

Besides, explain to me how the absence Messi's hattrick in a 5-0 victory would have made 9-points Argentina finish below 6-point Chile. I would love to learn grin

Panama was the 2nd team Argentina played bro

They had a slender 1-0 score in half-time..Messi was subbed in d 2nd half and he scored hattrick in 19mins...

What else do u want to learn? I will gladly oblige u

2 Likes

Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by MrCEO69(m): 9:57pm On Aug 25, 2016
jydo466:
Group C is the Hardest!!!

maybe u didn't see E!
Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by kingsilly(m): 10:00pm On Aug 25, 2016
Misterdhee1:

The last time I checked, fashion doesn't count on the soccer pitch bro...Drop sentiment, and answer this straight - Who has been the better player of the two in the last 8 months?

Which two sir, I'll appreciate you don't put messi in that fold, dribbling and scoring and nothing to top it and you call that a good campaign. There's really nothing good bout a player if the team has nothing to show for it.

So sentiment asides, past 8 month, Ronaldo been better
Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by Misterdhee1(m): 10:07pm On Aug 25, 2016
kingsilly:

Which two sir, I'll appreciate you don't put messi in that fold, dribbling and scoring and nothing to top it and you call that a good campaign. There's really nothing good bout a player if the team has nothing to show for it.

So sentiment asides, past 8 month, Ronaldo been better
You really mean this? Simply, Messi won three trophies with barca so far this year (la liga, Copa del rey and Spanish super copa), where he put in undisputable five star performances..Cristiano won the Uefa, the Euro, nd the Uefa super cup, where he can't even be adjudged the star components at the important..Mediocre performance against Athletico, injured against France and Sevilla..So what are you saying please? stop being sentimental!

1 Like

Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by DesChyko: 10:10pm On Aug 25, 2016
engrhorla:

Panama was the 2nd team Argentina played bro

They had a slender 1-0 score in half-time..Messi was subbed in d 2nd half and he scored hattrick in 19mins...

What else do u want to learn? I will gladly oblige u

Would the slender 1-0 score have prevented them from winning the group?
Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by DesChyko: 10:16pm On Aug 25, 2016
Misterdhee1:

You really mean this? Simply, Messi won three trophies with barca so far this year (la liga, Copa del rey and Spanish super copa), where he put in undisputable five star performances..Cristiano won the Uefa, the Euro, nd the Uefa super cup, where he can't even be adjudged the star components at the important..Mediocre performance against Athletico, injured against France and Sevilla..So what are you saying please? stop being sentimental!

Can you compare the trophies Messi won to those Ronaldo won? Of course not.

Take Ronaldo away from both competitions, would his teams have made the finals? Take away his stats for club and country in the tournaments, how many tournament awards would have gone without a winner?

Have a solid base before making the comparison. Portugal as a team didn't perform up to par, did that stop them from winning when it mattered? Take nothing from Ronaldo. He was very very important to his teams win. Call it a mediocre performance, but that mediocre performance took home awards that 'top class' performances couldn't produce.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by Swetieswetie: 10:18pm On Aug 25, 2016
[color=#990000][/color][code][/code][b][/b][right][/right]Can't wait to watch the elites clubs playing each other
Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by kingsilly(m): 10:20pm On Aug 25, 2016
Misterdhee1:

We watching different football matches it seems, messi put in 5 star performances in respect to trophies picked up, whew, bro you the only one seeing things from this perspective. It's messi he'll always play well, but saying he had a better campaign to Ronaldo, Pffft I give up..
5 star against chile in final, supposed 5 star against athletico in quarter final, make we hear word Abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by Greenified(m): 10:36pm On Aug 25, 2016
mukina2:
Group A: PSG, Arsenal, Basel, Ludogorets
Group B: Benfica, Napoli, Dynamo Kiev, Bekistas
Group C: Barcelona, Man City, Gladbach, Celtic
Group D: Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid, PSV Eindhoven, Rostov
Group E: CSKA Moscow, Bayer Levekusen, Tottenham, Monaco
Group F: Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Sporting, Legia Warsaw
Group G: Leicester, Porto, Club Brugge, Copenhagen
Group H: Juventus, Sevilla, Lyon, Dinamo

Please change the topic to: Uefa Champions League
Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by yorhmienerd(m): 10:49pm On Aug 25, 2016
New here
Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by 10d0ve(m): 10:51pm On Aug 25, 2016
Misterdhee1:

What about 2014? We all know Manuel Nuer was more deserving of the Balon d'or than the actual winner
2013 too...Ribery
Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by Misterdhee1(m): 11:01pm On Aug 25, 2016
DesChyko:

Can you compare the trophies Messi won to those Ronaldo won? Of course not.

Take Ronaldo away from both competitions, would his teams have made the finals? Take away his stats for club and country in the tournaments, how many tournament awards would have gone without a winner?

Have a solid base before making the comparison. Portugal as a team didn't perform up to par, did that stop them from winning when it mattered? Take nothing from Ronaldo. He was very very important to his teams win. Call it a mediocre performance, but that mediocre performance took home awards that 'top class' performances couldn't produce.
Don't get me wrong bro...No one is disputing Ronaldo's awesomeness so far this year..But, my point is basically that he wasn't any better than Messi this year, in terms of individual stats, save for team's success.

1 Like

Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by Misterdhee1(m): 11:04pm On Aug 25, 2016
kingsilly:

We watching different football matches it seems, messi put in 5 star performances in respect to trophies picked up, whew, bro you the only one seeing things from this perspective. It's messi he'll always play well, but saying he had a better campaign to Ronaldo, Pffft I give up..
5 star against chile in final, supposed 5 star against athletico in quarter final, make we hear word Abeg
What is your point now abeg...Check through the individual stats so far this year, nd compare the two..You talking as if both Madrid nd Barcelona wouldn't be successful without these twos..I gave references to the trophies both won, nd asked you to compare their inputs to those successes, you are here disputing that, with no tangible fact of your own. Itsokay

1 Like

Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by DesChyko: 11:25pm On Aug 25, 2016
Misterdhee1:

Don't get me wrong bro...No one is disputing Ronaldo's awesomeness so far this year..But, my point is basically that he wasn't any better than Messi this year, in terms of individual stats, save for team's success.
Stats:
Ronaldo: 57 Apps, 54 Goals, 15 Assists, 5 Yellow Cards.
Messi: 56 Apps, 47 Goals, 23 Assists, 6 Yellow Cards.

I think Ronaldo had a far better year. The reason being that he defined his team's success, single-handedly taking his team past Wolfsburg and netting the winning penalty in the UCL finals and scored the winner vs Barca to keep Madrid's title hopes alive till the last moment. He was his club's main main.
Unfortunately, you can't say the same for Messi. He didn't define his team's moments. Suarez did especially as Messi missed some key moments of the season.
Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by Misterdhee1(m): 5:57am On Aug 26, 2016
DesChyko:

Stats:
Ronaldo: 57 Apps, 54 Goals, 15 Assists, 5 Yellow Cards.
Messi: 56 Apps, 47 Goals, 23 Assists, 6 Yellow Cards.

I think Ronaldo had a far better year. The reason being that he defined his team's success, single-handedly taking his team past Wolfsburg and netting the winning penalty in the UCL finals and scored the winner vs Barca to keep Madrid's title hopes alive till the last moment. He was his club's main main.
Unfortunately, you can't say the same for Messi. He didn't define his team's moments. Suarez did especially as Messi missed some key moments of the season.
Far better cos of these last year's stats? Joke of the year!
Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:51am On Aug 26, 2016
jydo466:
Group C is the Hardest!!!
Maybe
But, it gonna be a tough game
Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by DesChyko: 7:28am On Aug 26, 2016
Misterdhee1:

Far better cos of these last year's stats? Joke of the year!

What do you mean 'last year' stats? When was Wolfsburg match and Euros played? When did Barca exit the UCL or clinch the La Liga?

I believe you wanted to type something else, not 'last year' stats. undecided
Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by MSEdLAW(m): 8:08am On Aug 26, 2016
Good day House,

I would like to bring to the foremost attention of all NL members the entrance of a product called "Mineral Water Pot". It is a simple, inexpensive, highly efficient Bio-mechanical household appliance that can safely purify your drinking water by reducing its Acidity and Alkalinity to normal levels and eradicating impurities found in water thereby making it safe and healthy to drink.

The availability and sourcing of safe and clean drinking water has been and it still is a major concern for millions of Nigerians. The findings of the World Health organization (WHO) reveals that more than half the population lack access to clean drinking water and this has led to a breakout of many water borne diseases and poisoning over the years.

The efficacy of this appliance cant be over emphasized as it has been scientifically proven to ultra filter and eradicate impurities found in our water through revolutionary ultra filtration system.

For further inquiries on sale, distributorship and marketing Please kindly call Zino on any of the following nos. :08098609580, 07014542375, 08024438685

or send an email to familyprideng@gmail.com

"Health is Wealth and a Healthy Family is a Happy family[b]

Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by Eberex(m): 8:11am On Aug 26, 2016
Juliaann:
warris Chelsea? kiss

Man U nop but I like the club, I'm a Barcelona fan tho

I don't believe
Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by KoldKash(m): 10:02am On Aug 26, 2016
rozayx5:

angry grin grin grin grin

How did you do it?
Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by rozayx5(m): 10:03am On Aug 26, 2016
KoldKash:

How did you do it?

i traded of course
Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by lorenzo9096: 10:04am On Aug 26, 2016
the bitterness in barca fans is mind boggling. reaching the finals and losing the main trophy is now a major achievement than reaching the final and winning the trophy because messi fail at the final. bitterness is a disease.
Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by KoldKash(m): 10:11am On Aug 26, 2016
rozayx5:

i traded of course

It's hard to believe,but i'll try. Maybe you had over $90k starting deposit.
Re: Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016 by titosantana(m): 10:16am On Aug 26, 2016
Pinkiwinki:
THESE IDIOTS have give penaldo the europe best player. penaldo that played against the 3rd team from italy in round of sixteen in champions league, the eight team from germany in the quarter final, the 4th team from england in the semi finals and second leg matches always at home. "WE ALL CAN SEE THAT UEFA ARE MADRID SUPPORTERS. GRIEZMAN THAT PLAYED AGAINST BARCA IN QUARTER FINAL, BAYERN MUNICH IN SEMI FINAL, ALL FIRST TEAMS IN THEIR COUNTRIES. "GRIEZMAN DESERV THE AWARD.
Correct, it was a daylight robbery to Griezman.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 26th April 2015 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United - (4 - 0) On 23rd October 2016 / Barcelona Vs Valencia: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 26th May 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.