Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,349 members, 7,780,938 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:54 AM

Twine (A Drama Series) - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Twine (A Drama Series) (350323 Views)

A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) / Riot In Ubahu(A Story Of Love,discipline,adventure And Drama / Life The Way I See It ( Family Drama Series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by johnwizey: 9:14am On Aug 31, 2016
Anugod:
No be only you o. Bibijay123 no fit call pesin abi? I'm just seeing it on Frontpage sad
I think we should fine her

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Queenoma(f): 9:29am On Aug 31, 2016
This is amazing!!!!!! Thumbs up girl kiss
But
You introduce new characters too quickly, I kinda get lost sad
I'm following 100%

3 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 10:03am On Aug 31, 2016
johnwizey:
I think we should fine her

Aww please don't fine me cry i thought she was here already
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 10:22am On Aug 31, 2016
Queenoma:
This is amazing!!!!!! Thumbs up girl kiss
But
You introduce new characters too quickly, I kinda get lost sad
I'm following 100%

Sorry abt that. You will understand each of d characters better in subsequent updates.
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by DoctorFlash(m): 11:21am On Aug 31, 2016
Abeg by wat tym is d subsequent update comin up i cant wait ooo. sister bibi infact a round of applause 4 u coz u b d confirmator of d confirm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by ayaoba1997(f): 11:24am On Aug 31, 2016
BRB
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 11:41am On Aug 31, 2016
*Continues*

Kelvin

“Tomorrow is parents meeting in Kelly’s school. I have no idea what to wear” Tosin said getting up to refill his glass at my mini bar.
“You are the latest dad in Town, I am sure you will figure it out” I said laughing at his predicament.

“You still haven’t told me who gave you that black eye”

I cursed and gulped down my drink. My left eye was blackened with purplish circles under it, which made me resort to using dark shades when stepping out.

“How is Kelly?’’ I asked, changing the topic. If there was anything my friend liked it was talking about his five year old daughter.
“Dude did you just change the topic? This is serious! What is her name?”

I feigned ignorance and tried my best to give him a blank stare, Tosin obviously didn’t buy into the” I ran into a wall” bull story I dished to him earlier. Who would believe such lame story?

“Kelvin I have known you since childhood, you are not the type to run into a wall. It is more like you ran into a jealous boyfriend’s fist” he taunted amidst roaring laughter.

I cursed and gave myself away. “Don’t you have something better to do?”

“Oh please! It has been long I had a good laugh. What is her name?”

“I don’t know!” I muttered. The silly girl had being more concerned about her table than the guy who saved her life. My only soothing thought was the fact that I bloodied the nose of her so called boyfriend.

“A night stand no doubt, but how did her boyfriend get involved? Was he the bouncer at the club where you picked her up?” he teased.

“I only saw her na.kedness and I got this” I pointed to my eyes. “I wonder what will happen if I actually stick in my stuff”

Tosin’s laughter resounded in the room. It was good to hear my friend laughing once again. The last five years has been terrible for him, a dark secret tore his family apart and sowed the seed of hatred between him and his father. His elder brother whom he looked up to betrayed him and he found himself out on the street with only the clothes he had on his back. He was resilient and that resiliency has paid off but he was never the same again, the only bright spot in his life now was his five year old daughter, Kelly.

“So you didn’t even stick it in! I have to go pick up Kelly at school”

I reached for my Iphone ringing beside me on the sofa.

“Kelvin You have to go see your fiancé now! She needs you now, more than ever” My mother said. “ Your father and I will meet you at their place”

“Calm down mom, what happened?”

“Victoria has gone missing; the family is frantically searching for her and your fiancé need you by her side now”

I don’t know why my family keeps pushing Linda on my neck. She was classy and sexy but there was a certain dark aura about her which I don’t like. She was nothing like her petite and kind hearted sister.

“Mom have they notified the authorities?”

“Kelvin please quit asking questions. You should already be on your way now; it will speak well of you if you are there to comfort Linda”
“I will Mom”

“Thank you son” she said and disconnected the call.

Tosin sat down on the sofa, a frown marring his handsome face. “What happened?”

“Linda’s sister, Victoria has gone missing”

“My God!” He pushed up his phone from his jean pocket; he pressed some numbers into it and raised it to his ear. “Hello Mother. Please can you pick Kelly from school? …….. alright.”

I laughed in disbelief. I couldn’t believe the obsessive dad just called his mother to pick up his child.
“Why are you not picking your daughter yourself?”

“Didn’t you just say Linda’s petite and sexy sister has gone missing? We are going to help look for her of course!” he stood up, urgency oozed from every pores on his body.

“Wait dude, you met the babe only once last year and you are willing to play cop because……..” I trailed off intentionally hoping he would complete the sentence.

“Kelvin let’s go. Have they notified the police? How long has she been missing?”

Tosin kept bombarding me with questions on the way to the Joseph’s Residence. He was genuinely worried and I wondered briefly if there was something he wasn’t telling me. I remembered the first time I came to this house, years ago, I must have been five or six. My mother and some ladies were having tea with the late Mrs. Joseph, Linda and I was the only kids present so we were asked to go play in the yard.

“My father said you will be my husband someday” the little girl said revealing her bare upper gum.

I ignored her and continued kicking the ball I saw in the yard.

“Are you deaf? Well……… I don’t want to marry you! You look too thin and your mother looks like a pig! A fat pig!” she laughed, spinning an imaginary hula hoop round her tiny wispy waist.

“I will knock out your teeth if you call my mother a pig again!’’ I threatened the little demon.

“Try it and see! Your mother is a……..”

I shoved her hard onto the green grass. She stood up, dusted her behind and marched into the house. Minutes later, I heard the ladies in the house screaming and they all rushed out to the yard where I was. My mother was in front of them like she was leading them to the war front.
“You naughty, naughty boy!” she took hold of my ears with both hands, twisting it hard.

“Boys are so naughty!” One of the women said. ‘’ You should train this boy properly, his heart is too dark for a little child?”

“Mom Please….. I didn’t do anything to her.” My mother grabbed both of my ears, twisting it hard.

“Please don’t tell lies Kelvin…..…you should apologize to your friend for hurting her so” Linda’s mom said in her angel like whispery voice.

That was when I saw the blood on Linda’s thumb. How she could hurt herself just to implicate me was beyond my young mind and thoughts.
“He used a blade to cut my finger” she cried.” He threw the blade there” she pointed towards the Dog cage.

Her mother lifted gently into her arms carrying her back to the house. The other ladies admonished me while my mother continued twisting ears. In the end I was made to apologize to her, till date I don’t know how she managed to pull that off.

The gate man threw open the gate and I drove into the Joseph’s residence. The house was unusually quiet. The Sitting room was packed like a funeral was being held for a dear loved one. Dantata and his family were seated, his flighty sister was chewing gum as is her usual hobby, his Mother was decked in a flowing sequin gold gown like the queen of Egypt. Linda’s handbag, Oyinye was sipping red wine from the wine tumbler in her hand with no care in the world. She is another heartless biitch I wouldn’t wish on my enemy. She flashed a wide fake smile in Tosin’s direction but his mind was on something else. Auntie Maggie was crying into her hankie whilst Mr. Nwosu Joseph was pacing the length and breadth of the elegant sitting room in worry. We greeted them and asked for updates on the issue of Victoria.

“What really happened?” I asked, my heart palpitating as it dawned on me that Vicky was truly gone.

“She was taking a basket of fruit to Mrs. Adams this morning but she never got there and she isn’t back home till now” Maggie blew her nose into the tear soaked hanky in her hand.

“Has the police notified?”

“The inspector General of Police called me just now, he has assured me they are doing all they could to find her” Mr. Joseph said. “We have combed the entire area but Vicky isn’t a baby who will get lost on her way home! Tomorrow i will go to the media, my daughter must be returned to me hale and hearty!” he sat down on the sofa, his faced buried into his hands in frustration.

“I don’t know why you are all worrying your head over nothing! That girl has gone to meet one of her numerous lovers” Linda glided into the room seductively. Her ni.pples was stone hard and they were threatening to burst through her transparent blue body hugging gown. It was either she was feeling cold or she was up to some naughty lone fun before coming downstairs.

“Linda please don’t rub your callousness in our faces! Go back upstairs if you have nothing better to say!” her father shouted in anger.

“ That is what I said to my mother too, Victoria is enjoying herself somewhere while we are all here worrying about her” Suresh blew her gum into a big bubble, its irritating sound grated heavily on my nerves. I saw her mother elbowed her and she kept her foul mouth shut.

“Hi kel” Linda beamed at me. “Mind helping me to check my tab? I don’t know what is wrong with it” her words dripped heavily of something else.

“Not now Linda” my nerves were frayed already, another minute of Suresh’s irritating chewing habit, Oyinye’s flirting and Linda’s presence will surely send me to an early grave.

My eyes caught Dantata’s gaze, they were fixed on Linda’s bosoms. He licked his lips and I could practically read his thoughts, he wasn’t bothered about the issue at hand, he only came to see if he could get an opportunity of getting into Linda’s pant.

” Has there been any ransom call?” Tosin asked worriedly.

“No” Maggie moaned and continued crying.

Linda walked seductively towards me. She perched herself between my friend and i on the sofa. I scooted back to give her more room. suddenly a shrill sound pierced the atmosphere, it was the gate man shouting and we all raced outside at the same time as if some invisible force had commanded had us to.

Tbc

Like, share and comment.

22 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 11:46am On Aug 31, 2016
Teespice:
I don't know.

I am kinda lost in the story. you introduce new characters which makes me forget the other characters.

I should start from the beginning, maybe I would understand.

read your other works and you are a really good writer.

Sorry abt that. Dantata is Tomi's friend and a family friend to Tomi's boss Linda. Kelvin was the guy who helped Tomi when she was stranded. Richie was her ex, Linda is Tomi's boss and Victoria is Linda's sister. The girls aunt is Maggie and Mr Joseph is their family. All these people are somehow connected and you will know more abt them as the story goes on. Thank You Tee grin

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 11:48am On Aug 31, 2016
toboski1:
Bibi who is foxyflow and why is the update so short fa?

Foxyflow is a nairaland writer, check out his stories. The guy is very good and i fell in love with the way he writes. He will write some of the episodes in this my story. Update is short?......pele
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 11:51am On Aug 31, 2016
Anugod:
No be only you o. Bibijay123 no fit call pesin abi? I'm just seeing it on Frontpage sad

awww sis no vex o. I thought you were already here. take kiss abeg kiss
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 11:54am On Aug 31, 2016
DoctorFlash:
Abeg by wat tym is d subsequent update comin up i cant wait ooo.
sister bibi infact a round of applause 4 u coz u b d confirmator of d confirm.

Updated.
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by toboski1(m): 11:59am On Aug 31, 2016
Bibi
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 31, 2016
Am a new follower, truth must be said this little piece i read speak much about your talent,can't wait for you to drop the next episode

2 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Teespice(f): 1:36pm On Aug 31, 2016
bibijay123:

Sorry abt that. Dantata is Tomi's friend and a family friend to Tomi's boss Linda. Kelvin was the guy who helped Tomi when she was stranded. Richie was her ex, Linda is Tomi's boss and Victoria is Linda's sister. The girls aunt is Maggie and Mr Joseph is their family. All these people are somehow connected and you will know more abt them as the story goes on. Thank You Tee grin

thanks so much bibi.

I appreciate how you took out time to explain each character.

I dey your back.

4 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 1:45pm On Aug 31, 2016
toboski1:
Bibi

Boo embarassed
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by olatex25(m): 1:46pm On Aug 31, 2016
U won't kill me bibi, i almost got an hrt attacked due 2 d suspense, i hope s nt victoria corpse was dump outside d gate.. Cnt wait for d next episode.
U are doin are gr8 job here, weldone

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 1:52pm On Aug 31, 2016
MrsExplorer:

my dear, i never understood the pain of someone stealing your work until i started writing on nairaland and someone copied n pasted the whole of my story unto his blog. its really painful.

thank God for nairaland, its dated so you can always use it as a proof, hopefully one day you can sue their ass.

Anyway, i'm thinking of a way round this, can i contact you once i come up with something?

I will appreciate it. Thank you grin
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by amtalkin(f): 1:52pm On Aug 31, 2016
hmmmm.....I'm on board
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 1:53pm On Aug 31, 2016
olatex25:
U won't kill me bibi, i almost got an hrt attacked due 2 d suspense, i hope s nt victoria corpse was dump outside d gate.. Cnt wait for d next episode.
U are doin are gr8 job here, weldone

My person! No die ooo....more updates as soon as my boss gives me a breather sad
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by tmcrz: 1:56pm On Aug 31, 2016
bibijay123:

Dantata is Tomi's friend?!

Seems you let the cat outta da bag a tad too early... Datz not been revealed in the story yet (or I missed it? I doubt.)

Meanwhile, i like the story so far. Will chk out the "Allen Av" story next.

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Fox14(f): 2:07pm On Aug 31, 2016
wow.i am thrilled. kudos cheesy
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by toboski1(m): 2:08pm On Aug 31, 2016
bibijay123:

Boo embarassed

remember am Tosin ooo, we Tosin do great exploits don't make that character dull *winks*
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by veekid(m): 2:16pm On Aug 31, 2016
Bibi; the mother of My five kids grin grin grin
You're the [size=20pt]bestest[/size]

Keep it coming ma'am

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by donmat06(m): 3:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
following
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Fox14(f): 3:26pm On Aug 31, 2016
i cant believe the story has ended. please i want more. i am sooo connected to the characters ,
only very few writers know how to connect their readers.my dear you're really good.
but isnt dantata's father dead? is he not supposed to be mourning his father?

KUDOS!!
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Fox14(f): 3:28pm On Aug 31, 2016
i cant believe the story has ended. please i want more. i am sooo connected to the characters ,
only very few writers know how to connect their readers.my dear you're really good.

KUDOS

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Sirdik(m): 3:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
ur protagonist should b given most d attention n other characters shld b introduced gradually.as of now d primary character is under-portrayed.nice story though keep it up.
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Queenoma(f): 3:39pm On Aug 31, 2016
bibijay123:

Sorry abt that. You will understand each of d characters better in subsequent updates.
Aiit...... Can't wait grin
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 4:04pm On Aug 31, 2016
* Continues*

Maggie

I played the scene over and over in my head. Victoria had looked so radiant that morning, i remembered the warm smile she had given me before walking out of the house. I wished i had stopped her, i wished i had forseen it but i know if wishes were horses beggers would own a polo club already.

I felt like a failure. Jennifer had trusted me with her girls and i have failed in my duties. She was so kind to me when she was alive, she took me in from the street and gave my life a meaning.

I was found in a polythene bag by the roadside on a fateful drizzling August morning. I was told, some kind souls had taken me to an orphanage nearby which was where i grew up. Life in the Orphanage was bitter sweet for me. i dreaded the dawn of each new day, i hated the nights most because that was when the repulsive caressing hands seek out my young body in the darkness.

Mother Superior Annabel had taken to me since I was brought to the orphanage. She looked out for me, she personally made new dresses for me to the envy of the other girls and she taught me my letters and alphabets. I felt loved in those days, i had someone to talk to, i had a surrogate mother to look out for me but that bliss was short lived.

I don't remember precisely when it all started but one particular night stood out in my mind and it would hunt me forever.

" Maggie dear "

I was in my favorite part of the Orphanage which was the little garden at the back. I got up happily as my surrogate mother approached me. I thought she wanted to give me an early gift since it was the eve of my 14th birthday .

" Mother" i called, so very happy to see her.

She pressed me into her bosom and held my head close to her chest. Her hand drifted to my lower back as she fondly caressed me lightly. She truly loved me and she always said she would want a daughter just like me if she wasn't a nun.

" How are you my child?" She kissed my cheeks.

" I am fine mother"

" Good. I have something special for you but i don't want the others to see it. When it is light out, i want you to sneak into my quarters and i will give it to you. "

I lept up with joy. " What is it mother! tell me! please tell me"

" Shhh, you don't want the others to hear, do you?"

" No mother"

I was so impatient and almost keeling over with curiosity. Immediately after light went off, i threw back the covers and stole out of the room i shared with six other kids. I knocked softly on mother's door and she threw it open but i was rooted to the ground in shock because the person before me looked nothing like the sweet mother i knew.

She was in a scarlet nylon panty hose, her lips were painted bright red and she had on heels which made her look like a lead cast from those late night movies we sometimes snuck out of bed to watch.

" Come in and lock the door" she commanded in a deep sultry voice.

" Mo..mother" i stammered in fear.

" It is me dear" She said in her nun voice." We are trying something special tonight, that is why i am dressed this way".

" OK mother" my voice trembled slightly as i settled on the long sette in her small living room.

She handed me a plate of cookie which i devoured raveneously.

" Do you want more?"

" No mother. Thank you"

She sat down next to me caressing my thighs lightly. I felt uncomfortable and scooted back.

" I love you Maggie. I have always loved you right from the first day i set my eyes on you"

" I love you too mother" i replied naively.

" Come girl" she pressed her lips softly on mine.

I jerked back in repulse.

" Mother?"

" Get on your knees" She commanded taking the tone of the vixen once again.

I stood up in fright. " I want to go now"

" No you won't! get down on your knees!" She jerked me by my hair and i resisted, trying desperately to pry off her firm grip on my hair.That seemed to annoy her as she landed a hot slap on my face which sent me sprawling across the room.

" Stu.pid ungrateful child!" She panted." After all i have done for you! "

I whimpered as tears blinded my eyes. She placed her hand on me gently, with the touch of the woman i knew as Mother.

" Please help me Maggie..... Please.....i have waited so long for this day. I just want to have a little fun with you and i will even reward you."

" What do you want me to do?"

" A little fun is all i ask for......." She licked and kissed my earlobe, her hand stole into my threadbare night dress and i scooted away from her touch.

" Mother please......i don't want this......this fun " i begged.

" Will you at least allow me to suck on your little b.reasts?"

She wasn't sane. I could see the madness blazing in her eyes. Some unseen forces had taken over the body of my mother. I made for the door but she suspected that move and blocked my path.

" If you step out of this room Maggie, i will look for another young special girl to replace you and i will make you rue the day you were born"

" Mother please i beg you........ Please let me go" I cried.

A shrill piercing sound resonated in the room and i was jolted back to the present. The voice sounded like that of our gateman. The others got to their feet too and we all ran outside. The cause of the rauckus got my knees weak , i felt my knees giving up on me and Joseph reached for me before i could kiss the ground.

Victoria stood outside the gate, her cloth were dirty and there were smudges of dirt on her tear stained face. She lurched herself into my arms sobbing.

" I told you all nothing happened to her" Suresh hissed.

Her father took her into his arms. The others hovered over her uncertain of what to do but we were all obviously happy she was safe.

" Where were you?" Linda screamed at her.

" Please don't trouble her" The young man that came with Kelvin said.

Tosin. His name was Tosin, there was a scandal in his family five years ago.

We led Vicky into the house. I was happy my baby was back home in my arms. Thank the good lord for that.

" You owe us some explanation you slut!" Linda spat out.

" How could you say that about your sister?" Kelvin asked." I am not surprised tho"

I took Vicky upstairs and helped her into the bath. She was visibly shaken and in shock. Joseph knocked softly on the door and i left her in the bath to see him.

" Maggie how is she?"

" She is shaken but she will be fine"

'' I was so worried and scared we will never find her".

I touched his cheek gently." Joe Nwosu, she is home now and she is safe. Have you called the doctor? "

"Doctor? Mba. I will go give him a call now"

I leaned over and kissed him softly on the lips.

" She will be fine."

" Maggie when do we tell her? "

" Obviously not now. We will eventually tell them but it might change things for us"

" I want us all to be happy as one big family."

" I know my love. Please go give the doctor a call and keep Linda from our backs"

He sighed." Why is she so heartless and bitter? She used to be a sweet little angel but she turned sour immediately her mother died. "

" Our paths has been laid down for us before we were even born. Linda is just........Linda. We can only continue to love her and pray for her....umn?"

He sighed again. " Let me go give that doctor a call now "

I returned into the room. Victoria was already on the bed, she looked so small and frightened. The look on her face broke my heart into a million pieces.

TBC

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 4:05pm On Aug 31, 2016
Sirdik:
ur protagonist should b given most d attention n other characters shld b introduced gradually.as of now d primary character is under-portrayed.nice story though keep it up.

I know boss....subsequent updates will be about her.thanks
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 4:07pm On Aug 31, 2016
veekid:
Bibi; the mother of My five kids grin grin grin
You're the [size=20pt]bestest[/size]

Keep it coming ma'am

What are you doing here papa Ngo? were you not forming single in the other thread?

angry u Berra go back to where you are coming from tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 4:08pm On Aug 31, 2016
Fox14:

KUDOS

He was reminiscing.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (69) (Reply)

To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / Story: Taking Chances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.