Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? (2106 Views)

Classes Of Jonathan's Supporters And What They Fear About Buhari - Timothy Nkenu / My Fear About APC... A Public Liability Company Pay Shareholders First! / Understanding Jonathan’s Deepest Fear By Sonala Olumhense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by jimmysho(m): 5:18pm On Sep 30, 2009
After Forty Nine {9} years of independence, my dear country seems not to have gotten it right as expected both within and outside  her shore. I decided to put this piece hoping to gettingt the most patrotic views of well meaning nigerians that visit this site. here are my thought:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
   our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
  We ask ourselves ' who are we to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented  fabulous, developed, matured and become
 the Jerusalem and Mecca of all nations?
                                                 [/color]  [color=#006600]

Actually, who are we not to be?
                We{Nigerians} are born to make manifest
                 the glory of God that is within us.
                 and as we let our own light shine,
                we unconsciously give other nations in Africa
                         the permission to do the same. 
[/b]
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 30, 2009
Way too late to fear, every bad that could ever happen has happened already grin
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 30, 2009
my deepest fear is the number of half literates being produced by that country, many of who are here on NL.

They're also known as educated illiterates.
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by jimmysho(m): 5:36pm On Sep 30, 2009
[quote half literates being produced by that country, many of who are here on NL.

[quote][/quote]

Sorry to question your country. Are you really a Nigerian?
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 30, 2009
jimmysho:

Sorry to question your country. Are you really a Nigerian?

Do I not sound Nigerian?
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by MrCrackles(m): 5:42pm On Sep 30, 2009
Fuc.k Nigeria. . Gave up donkey years ago!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 5:46pm On Sep 30, 2009
My biggest fear is the average Nigerian on the streets will remain blinded to the fact that he was a part of the decay. Most will probably never figure out that there hands are just as dirty in all this, and never take responsibility for the part played in creating, and nurturing the Nigerian problem.
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by jimmysho(m): 5:53pm On Sep 30, 2009
pardon me, u might sound like one using question to answer question.

what caught my attention was when wrote BY THAT COUNTRY.

to my own understanding, i do not know if I fall among the half illiterate u are talking about that exist in my country, using that phrase, u sound like someone from another country or what do u think my dearest friend?
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by citizenY(m): 5:54pm On Sep 30, 2009
PATHOLOGICAL PESSIMISTS AND BIGOTS AND SEPARATISTS WHO ENJOY CITIZENSHIP
AND STILL CONTINUE TO STAB NIGERIA IN THE BACK .

THANK GOD THEY KNOW THEMSELVES AND KNOW THEIR EFFORTS WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING.
I CALL THEM THE CYBER WARRIORS.
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by jimmysho(m): 5:58pm On Sep 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

Fuc.k Nigeria. . Gave up donkey years ago!

why such pessimist comment? Sooner or latter u will come terms with the fact that Nigeria will get there one day some times
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by Beaf: 5:59pm On Sep 30, 2009
Nigeria has long since surpassed all my fears.

I am now in fightback mode. Time to sieze back our birthright by every means necessary.
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 30, 2009
jimmysho:

pardon me, u might sound like one using question to answer question.

what caught my attention was when wrote BY THAT COUNTRY.

to my own understanding, i do not know if I fall among the half illiterate u are talking about that exist in my country, using that phrase, u sound like someone from another country or what do u think my dearest friend?

sweetheart, I didnt mention your name, did I?

educated illiterates reveal themselves through their posts.
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by asha80(m): 6:00pm On Sep 30, 2009
That the country will soon close down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by jimmysho(m): 6:01pm On Sep 30, 2009
Beaf:

Nigeria has long since surpassed all my fears.

I am now in fightback mode. Time to sieze back our birthright by every means necessary.
honestly, u ve made my day, we all most stand to get our country back on her feet
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by citizenY(m): 6:02pm On Sep 30, 2009
I AM AN OPTIMIST IN FAVOUR OF NIGERIA UNLIKE THE PEOPLE UPSTAIRS
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by MrCrackles(m): 6:04pm On Sep 30, 2009
jimmysho:

why such pessimist comment? Sooner or latter u will come terms with the fact that Nigeria will get there one day some times
Fair enough if you believe Nigeria will get there. .
I dont give a rotten rat ass, if they get there. . .
But come, arnt you tired of that word "Will Get There One Day"
Nigerians have been saying this since independence and 49 years down the road, Nigeria is 7 planets and the moon apart from "Get There" grin
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 30, 2009
^^ are you Nigerian?

i dont think so.
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by jimmysho(m): 6:13pm On Sep 30, 2009
Tpia,

'the illiterate statement' wasn't the issue. what am referring to is u using THAT COUNTRY and not our country which i presume is better for a patriot
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by asha80(m): 6:15pm On Sep 30, 2009
jimmysho:

Tpia,

'the illiterate statement' wasn't the issue. what am referring to is u using THAT COUNTRY and not our country which i presume is better for a patriot

My guy forget that yarn.Most nigerians even on this site use that word.You think say nigerians are really patriotic to nigeria?
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by MrCrackles(m): 6:16pm On Sep 30, 2009
tpia.:

^^ are you Nigerian?
I dont think so.
I am from Turks and Caicos. . .
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by jimmysho(m): 6:19pm On Sep 30, 2009
tpia.:

^^ are you Nigerian?

i dont think so.

FRIEND, I'M TO THE BONE AND MARROW. AM FROM ABEOKUTA OGUN STATE, THE POWER BROKER OF YORUBALAND. DONT PUT MIND TO THAT POWER BROKER REMARK, IT IS JUST THE WAY WE HYPE OURSELVES UP WHEN TALKING ABOUT ABEOKUTA WHERE I HAIL FROM
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by jimmysho(m): 6:20pm On Sep 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

Fair enough if you believe Nigeria will get there. .
I dont give a rotten rat ass, if they get there. . .
But come, arnt you tired of that word "Will Get There One Day"
Nigerians have been saying this since independence and 49 years down the road, Nigeria is 7 planets and the moon apart from "Get There" grin

have u ever heard the phrase NEVER SAY NEVER and NEVER GET TIRED TRYING UNTIL U GET IT FIXED?
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by MrCrackles(m): 6:22pm On Sep 30, 2009
jimmysho:

have u ever heard the phrase NEVER SAY NEVER and NEVER GET TIRED TRYING UNTIL U GET IT FIXED?
In my young life, i have heard of that phrase more than a trillion times. . . .
Get it fixed? Dude you may have to wait till thy kingdom come! grin
Common epileptic power situation, Nigeria cant fix. . . How can it fix the million problems hanging over its head?
How can he pick itself help and "get there" grin
You guys are having a ball. . .  cool
Goodluck on the fixing side of things
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by jimmysho(m): 6:22pm On Sep 30, 2009
fellow compatriot, decorum pls, let not get distracted from the topic which OUR DEEPEST FEAR ABOUT NIGERIA
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by jimmysho(m): 6:24pm On Sep 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

In my young life, i have heard of that phrase more than a trillion times. . . .
Get it fixed? Dude you may have to wait till thy kingdom come! grin
Common epileptic power situation, Nigeria can fix. . . How can it fix the million problems hanging over its head?
How can he pick itself help and "get there" grin
You guys are having a ball. . . cool
Goodluck on the fixing side of things

the fixing must start from u and I
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by MrCrackles(m): 6:25pm On Sep 30, 2009
jimmysho:

the fixing must start from u and I
Jimmysho, you are on your own. . . . grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by jimmysho(m): 6:29pm On Sep 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

Jimmysho, you are on your own. . . . grin
time will tell and place some of us on the right pedestrian that we all belong at the appropriate time in the nearest future. i know u aren't comfortable with the future remark
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by jimmysho(m): 7:52pm On Sep 30, 2009
one day he go beta. 2x

because bomode ba subu awo waju bagba subu awo eyin wo.

we ve to analyze the past and brace up for tomorrow
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by ChinenyeN(m): 7:59pm On Sep 30, 2009
My deepest fear regarding Nigeria is that Nigeria will in fact remain as is, and neither split nor decentralize power.
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by Epiphany(m): 8:09pm On Sep 30, 2009
@ Poster: You are asking everyone about their deepest fears about Nigeria and castigating them for their what they have written! My take on your 'tone' is that you are seeking only positive comments rather than accomodating the many 'realistic' comments that many have spewed forth.

Like many commentators have indeed posited, my own fear is that many of us in our lifetime will not see Nigeria emerge from the present mess she is in. We may see some progress - in the far future, but that progress will not be weighty enough to satisfy our deepest yearnings
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by jimmysho(m): 10:37am On Oct 02, 2009
FROM THE POSTS UPSTAIRS, I REALIZED SOME OF US DO NOT REALISE THAT THE REV. KING JNR DREAM WAS LESS THAN 50YRS BEFORE IT WAS ACTUALISED. SO, IF SUCH FEAT COULD BE ACHIEVED BY CHANGING THE TIDES OF WHITE-WHITE LEADERSHIP TO WHITE-BLACK THEN I SEE RAY OF LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL
Re: What Is Your Deepest Fear About Nigeria? by jimmysho(m): 11:17am On Oct 02, 2009
we all cant sleep in the same direction

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Babangida Dumps Ibb ( Major Blow to IBB Camp) / With Buhari In Power- There Will Be No Nairaland, Saharareporters Etc. / Who Is Musiwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.