Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,260 members, 7,807,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Somebody Help!! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Somebody Help!! (3313 Views)

Please Can Somebody Tell Me What This Small Boy Is Looking At? / *(photo)* This Is Somebody's Husband And Father / I Want To Bless Somebody On Nairaland Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Somebody Help!! by EfemenaXY: 7:41pm On Aug 25, 2016
Merryglad:
Please people i will go straight to d point, my 18years old younger sister told me on monday morning that she is pregnant, now abortion is out of the queston. The issue right now is how do i tell my mom who has been through thick and thin to raise us up considering the fact that she is a single parent, our father can be said be an absent father. Jesus am so heart broken, the responsibility of an eldest child has come knocking on me, pls nairalanders help me suggest how you think i should tell my mum

Whether your sister kneels / grovels on the ground or not is beside the point and doesn't make a difference nor does it change what's happened. There are some tough questions you all need to ask yourselves namely:

Why is abortion out of the question?

Has your sister got the financial means to raise the child and see herself through school?

What input will the father of the child be making? i.e: his level of involvement in bringing up his child? Will he (and his family) be taking full financial responsibility? Or will he be let off Scot free while your mother bears the brunt of shouldering someone else's mistake?

1 Like

Re: Somebody Help!! by Fastpace(f): 10:13pm On Aug 25, 2016
Merryglad¤ if she can abstain after given birth then going to school without marriage is fine,if she can't please let her marry the father of her baby since he has accept the pregnancy rather than living a life of sin.In addition married women still dey go skull.Abi which work person way give am pikin dey do?
Re: Somebody Help!! by Alphaoscar: 9:09am On Aug 26, 2016
Merryglad:
i tire ooo, d funniest part is i could have swore on her behalf, but what can i do now? She is my sister still

I appreciate your mature way of handling you sister's issue. it shows you have always being a great sister and friend to her before she can confide in you and trusting you to help her handle her Bleep up.

I wish her a successful delivery and pray God grant you guys the wisdom and understanding to handle this matter .

As for your Mum , its normal for her to get angry initially but trust me she will adjust herself with time and be a great Grandma to the latest addition to your family. Its important you break the news to her as soon as possible before she discover herself .

Try as much as possible to help your sister more and give her the necessary career guidance in order for her not to let her new status affect her much .

Once again , I salute you Madam/Sis.
Re: Somebody Help!! by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 26, 2016
Merryglad:
the guy has accepted the pregnancy, the only issue now is how to tell my mum, but thanks to nairalanders

What about his family?
because that is very important too
Is he old enough/mature enough/financially capable to look after a partner and child?
If not, then his family have to be on board 100%

Sincerely I feel for your mum because I can imagine all the things that would be said to her, especially from your dads side of the family
Your sister should have known better

But its done now so you all have to move forward.
Let your mum know, but it wont be fair on your mum if she is the one who ends up looking after the baby
Your sister has to take most of the responsibility.
Re: Somebody Help!! by dangervu(m): 11:58am On Aug 26, 2016
If you where closer to her,this would not have happened,what trick have you been using! Single mothers every where! Why do you think abortion is not an option?you didn't tell us if the person responsible for the pregancy as actually owned up to it...
Re: Somebody Help!! by Jahblessme: 12:29pm On Aug 26, 2016
Does she want to have the baby?
Does she have the financial physical and mental capacity to care for it?is the father of the child involved and willing to jointly parent?
What impact will it have on her future?
No point forcin her to birth a baby and the next thing we see is another story of a baby dumped in a trash can.
People always jump in to say maybe the child will be the next president,I don't know but how many have become presidents.
I do not believe in birthing children into unecessary suffering no matter how unpopular that sounds.
Re: Somebody Help!! by Merryglad(f): 2:21pm On Aug 26, 2016
dangervu:
If you where closer to her,this would not have happened,what trick have you been using! Single mothers every where! Why do you think abortion is not an option?you didn't tell us if the person responsible for the pregancy as actually owned up to it...
really? you think i wasnt close to her?

1 Like

Re: Somebody Help!! by Merryglad(f): 2:27pm On Aug 26, 2016
Thanks to everyone, i told my mum last night thats by 1am it wasnt easy i had to write it in a note because my mouth was shaking, so we will take it from here.....love you nairalanders my online family, i really apprciate this.

2 Likes

Re: Somebody Help!! by olac21(m): 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2016
you weren't closer to her at all..does the guy live in the same compound as you guys or she sneaks out to always do the deed?
Re: Somebody Help!! by olac21(m): 4:51pm On Aug 26, 2016
Jahblessme:
Does she want to have the baby?
Does she have the financial physical and mental capacity to care for it?is the father of the child involved and willing to jointly parent?
What impact will it have on her future?
No point forcin her to birth a baby and the next thing we see is another story of a baby dumped in a trash can.
People always jump in to say maybe the child will be the next president,I don't know but how many have become presidents.
I do not believe in birthing children into unecessary suffering no matter how unpopular that sounds.

Bro God bless you...but how many will listen?
Re: Somebody Help!! by Holywizard: 6:25pm On Aug 26, 2016
can I marry her with de baby?
Re: Somebody Help!! by Sarifat(f): 7:55pm On Aug 26, 2016
sexymoma:
pls i beg you... don't allow her stay with that dude cos before you say jack she don get second belle ooo and that's how it gonna continue.
you are soooo right sis. I know of a girl this happened to when she was in ss1, she was allowed to stay with d guy, and b4 they knew it baby was less Dan a year and she was preggy again... Without proper marriage ooo Unfortunately the guy died when d sec baby was still very tender. Before we knew it, she started dating another guy and moved in with the guy and left her 2 kids with d dad... Had 3 kids for d new guy, guy lost his job, and she left d guy on d acct that d guy is unserious.. (She is a teacher went back to sch after d 1st child) and after she left d sec guy with her 3 kids she started leaving alone with her 5 kids (d dad died so d 2 previous kids started leaving with her) and b4 we knew it again, she got preggy for another married man...
Re: Somebody Help!! by sexymoma(f): 8:29pm On Aug 26, 2016
Sarifat:
you are soooo right sis. I know of a girl this happened to when she was in ss1, she was allowed to stay with d guy, and b4 they knew it baby was less Dan a year and she was preggy again... Without proper marriage ooo Unfortunately the guy died when d sec baby was still very tender. Before we knew it, she started dating another guy and moved in with the guy and left her 2 kids with d dad... Had 3 kids for d new guy, guy lost his job, and she left d guy on d acct that d guy is unserious.. (She is a teacher went back to sch after d 1st child) and after she left d sec guy with her 3 kids she started leaving alone with her 5 kids (d dad died so d 2 previous kids started leaving with her) and b4 we knew it again, she got preggy for another married man...
lolz the babe na Wi-Fi
Re: Somebody Help!! by CnCstore: 1:34pm On Aug 28, 2016
Don't take the whole of your time scolding her,rather tell your mum as soon as you can,you all be strong for her,let the man responsible know how precious she is to you despite the fact that she got pregnant as a teenager,cos that's the only thing that wouldn't make him or his family see her as a mistake and accept her.
Re: Somebody Help!! by gidjah(m): 4:12pm On Aug 28, 2016
[school is gonna be after 2to 4 yrs name, her eyes go Don open, the challenge of motherhood will have set in, so so sorry for her.. Sister, didn't you notice her style from the beginning?you didn't try to teach her sex edu at lan earlier stage did you? Or you didn't notice she has started running around? Am so sorry, u am not casting aspersions but just curious. May be you were too busy with work and school. wishing her well o quote author=Merryglad post=48795140]the first question i asked her was what she plan to do after giving birth to the baby...she said she wants to go back to school. Lets see how it plays out, thanks for your kind words[/quote]
Re: Somebody Help!! by OurworkComNg1: 10:31am On Jul 02, 2018
Merryglad:
sorry to poke nose, so how is this matter now? thanks..
Re: Somebody Help!! by Merryglad(f): 6:54pm On Jun 23, 2019
OurworkComNg1:

sorry to poke nose, so how is this matter now? thanks..
it's OK..... The boy is grown now and my sister went back to school

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wedding Suits And Tuxedo: Where To Get Them?: Proudly Nigeria! / Family Picnic(s) / Pls I'm Going Crazy..help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.