Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy (41497 Views)

Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness / Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu / New Alignments Threaten Apga’s Role In Southeast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by babamoha(m): 9:58am On Aug 26, 2016
Am in full support of such development if it is in right directions
And another thing is that all the geopolitical zones' should checks all the moribund companies in their region and find way of reactivating them I believe that by doing this the economy will boost and job will be available to the youth and unemployed citizens.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Kingzy4pep(m): 9:59am On Aug 26, 2016
MrEverest:
Its either you are unintelligent, lacks the abillity to read & comprehend, a kid, a mischief maker or even all of the above! The topic reads, IGBOS & last time I checked, Igbos transcends SE, there are Igbos in Delta, Rivers etc!
Funny enough, you are the one showing the attitude of a kid here since you were unable to make a point without insulting yourself and your generation.

I'm above exchanging abusive words with people on a faceless forum..

The fact that some parts of Delta and Rivers state speaks Ibo doesn't make them Igbos. What do you wanna argue.
Don't quote me again.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by ARKdiscloser7(m): 9:59am On Aug 26, 2016
The name of BARRISTER ONYEKACHI MONDAY UBANI would have made the list complete and also made my day.
The guy is something else.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by fanyogoforever(f): 10:01am On Aug 26, 2016
Innovator90:
Afonja will see Pat Utomi on the list and be wondering...I thought he was SS.lol. Pat Utomi full name Patrick Okedinachi Utomi speaks Igbo than my grandfather who was an Igbo teacher.

One afonja is already here...right above me and below me posting human waste in toilet out of envy of Igbos. Both posters above and below are the same person with two accounts. Imperialyoruba, yorubafynest, aresa and the imposter below MusaIbrahim1996 are the same yorubba person!
You won't kill me with laughter.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Lilimax(f): 10:04am On Aug 26, 2016
MadCow1:

Scratch Owerri as being a tourism capital.
Are you propsing Agukwu Nri as a tourism capital? smiley
E go make sense o!
Afterall, we have Ezu River...a tourist attraction

1 Like

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 26, 2016
cheruv:
They should also strategize on how to recover territories of the old East central state that were annexed to Rivers and Cross River States together with the modalities that'd see the creation of Anioma as either the 6th SE state or 7th SS state of Nigeria.
This has been long overdue though undecided
please which part of east central state was annexed to cross river
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by GreatGeorge(m): 10:07am On Aug 26, 2016
Creative thought in the right direction. Hope it materialise into reality

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 26, 2016
MadCow1:

I have not said a word to you in my life.. I don't even know who you are, I wonder how you can 'hear' me.. grin

O! And FuckNnamdiKanu.. grin

My friend nye efe.... why are obsess with the guy? Abi the guy nyash your girl before? You don't comment without popping his name. Mind you, I'm not his fan, but this is my observation, and ain't good for you man. undecided undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by chrisxxx(m): 10:07am On Aug 26, 2016
cheruv:
They should also strategize on how to recover territories of the old East central state that were annexed to Rivers and Cross River States together with the modalities that'd see the creation of Anioma as either the 6th SE state or 7th SS state of Nigeria.
This has been long overdue though undecided
U see why we the SS feel comfortable being in Nigeria. U people nurse devilish animosity towards us.U still feel pains some parts of u were annexed by us.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by speaktome(m): 10:08am On Aug 26, 2016
Chai! you get Am for Eagle's eye shocked shocked shocked
chynie:

Na just the fine boi I see grin
I no read wetin u write
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by SGANIVA(m): 10:12am On Aug 26, 2016
Non sense,what happened to the previous meeting,corrupt criminals .all we want is Freedom biafra

1 Like

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 26, 2016
This has long been my cry.... Good move the politicians are now involve. This will definitely translate to favorable policies that will woo business entities to the region. Igbos in diaspora should start thinking home... Economic emancipation precedes political freedom. Ngozi Chukwu gadi....

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 26, 2016
Kingzy4pep:
Funny enough, you are the one showing the attitude of a kid here since you were unable to make a point without insulting yourself and your generation.

I'm above exchanging abusive words with people on a faceless forum..

The fact that some parts of Delta and Rivers state speaks Ibo doesn't make them Igbos. What do you wanna argue.
Don't quote me again.
For your mind you made sense. Ngwa, go remove the name of those South-South Igbos from the list.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by wirelessmaster: 10:16am On Aug 26, 2016
I am from the South West, I attended University in the East (FUTO) over two decades ago. This is a very good move. The SE has the greatest economic potential in Nigeria. The industrialists and those into commerce can adequately change economic fortune of the South East. They dominate the major markets in Nigeria. In the Oil business, particularly in the upstream sector and those benefiting largely from the local content deal under Ernest Nwapa when oil was over $100 per barrel and till date after Ernest. When you combine the energetic nature of an Ideal Igbo man and market dominance in various sectors you can see what I mean.

This is reflected across Nigeria from Abuja to Lagos. Most of the big non governmental hotels, malls, estates/properties and markets in Abuja and PortHarcourt belong to them. In Lagos, From Lagos Island to Alaba, the hold sway. Except, the budget is ferried abroad through corruption, if the money is spent in Nigeria, the greater portion of the money still go to those in commerce. Most of them in commerce have brothers abroad supporting the business in Nigeria indirectly.

This is the main reason you also find them in Clearing and Forwarding business. I think, if they can look at the natural resources and combine it with human endowment, they will be the richest in Nigeria.

They should also realize that everybody cannot be rich. Those hawking should realize that there are those selling bread & butter and agbo (traditional herbal medicine) on the street. There are those labourers and artisians on the street, We also have beggars on the street. They are also from other tribes. I remember some years ago, I visited a former school (FUTO) mate of mine in his office in VI, he complained bitterly that the Nigeria nation is not fair to the Igbos by inflicting poverty on them which turned them to hawkers on the express roads and major streets of Lagos. He is a big boy now on the Island, till date, he has that mentality.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Wumbawee: 10:17am On Aug 26, 2016
Kingzy4pep:
Pat Utomi and Tony Elumelu hails from Delta.. So, what's their name doing on that list?

*just asking*

Faleke and Olusola Saraki are from Kogi and Kwara respectively (North Central) but are they yorubas? State creation is the bastard that divided us the most. But now we are talking of Igbo nation and we are jettisoning the ills of state creation.
To answer your question they are full bloodied IGBO men

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by mecks15(m): 10:17am On Aug 26, 2016
Good move, igbos should stop looking at the central. Let's look inward and solve our problems. I just hope it won't b politicized. The development of igboland should go beyond party affiliation. May God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by debuscket(m): 10:18am On Aug 26, 2016
Please they should remove Rochas Okorocha from the group, that man is a certified saboteur.

igbo ndi oma mji eme onu, oga adiri anyi nile mma.
ife eji abu igbo erika
ife di iche erika

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:21am On Aug 26, 2016
blues20:

My friend nye efe.... why are obsess with the guy? Abi the guy nyash your girl before? You don't comment without popping his name. Mind you, I'm not his fan, but this is my observation, and ain't good for you man. undecided undecided

Okija juju,ntor...lol
No mind madcow,ala na apuia.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Nowenuse: 10:22am On Aug 26, 2016
With all these plans of developments, if the igbos fail to make their cities and towns hospitable enough to accomodate outsiders and foreigners, it would be almost as good as useless.
No place can experience true development without the presence of foreigners settling there and making it their home.
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by sharonbaron(m): 10:23am On Aug 26, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:

please which part of east central state was annexed to cross river
Some parts of Arochukwu.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Okeikpu(m): 10:24am On Aug 26, 2016
I HOPE EJIKE MUSA MBAKA IS NOT INCLUDED..... sad
THAT OTTA BABOON GAL FRIEND ( OBY EZE..) y was she invited sad

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by tollyboy5(m): 10:25am On Aug 26, 2016
Now igbo leaders are doing what they should have been doing instead of wasting talented youth on biafra agitation, now we will find it easier to support them and invest there also since our investment are within our country
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Emmahunk(m): 10:25am On Aug 26, 2016
This isiindeed heartwarmin . With the caliber of men and women we have in this zone, this is the kind of news we expect to hear not flogging a dead horse in the name of IPOB.
A combination of all the above mentioned names CANNOT FAIL. My prayer is that the Almighty God strengthens them and removes distractions from them.
We want results and we are waiting

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Decodedp: 10:26am On Aug 26, 2016
Woow, that's great.

Better late than never.

The almighty God who put this thought in your hearts and brought those names together under one umbrella will ensure that nothing or anyone will hinder the success of this initiative.

Even if they don't achieve anything else they should establish an apolitical platform to pursue the objectives highlighted above.
That way if they fail, others will build on the foundation.

The igbos like the Israelites can't wait to end this long wilderness journey.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by chimoskyg(m): 10:32am On Aug 26, 2016
Seeing the list of the team makes me feel good

Thank God Okorohausa is not included

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by wtfCode: 10:33am On Aug 26, 2016
Innovator90:
Afonja will see Pat Utomi on the list and be wondering...I thought he was SS.lol. Pat Utomi full name Patrick Okedinachi Utomi speaks Igbo than my grandfather who was an Igbo teacher.

One afonja is already here...right above me and below me posting human waste in toilet out of envy of Igbos. Both posters above and below are the same person with two accounts. Imperialyoruba, yorubafynest, aresa and the imposter below MusaIbrahim1996 are the same yorubba person!

cheesy grin tell'em bro.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by wtfCode: 10:35am On Aug 26, 2016
Nice one.
How i wish errbody comes home

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Kingzy4pep(m): 10:41am On Aug 26, 2016
Wumbawee:

Faleke and Olusola Saraki are from Kogi and Kwara respectively (North Central) but are they yorubas? State creation is the bastard that divided us the most. But now we are talking of Igbo nation and we are jettisoning the ills of state creation.
To answer your question they are full bloodied IGBO men
I totally understand your point but many of the Delta Ibo's I know don't accept when you refer to them as an Igbo man/woman. That's by the way though.

In that case, the development ought to cut across the Ibo speaking part of Delta too... Not just the South East as stated in the post.
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by essa9davies4(f): 10:42am On Aug 26, 2016
Nice one#loving this

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Jalinco: 10:45am On Aug 26, 2016
OP. It is better if a biafran dupe a biafran but duping Elumelu may annoy Niger Deltan. Ehn ehn
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Feraz(m): 10:48am On Aug 26, 2016
This is what I am talking about. The integration of the Igbos irrespective of boundaries given us by previous leaders. With names like these: Emeka Anayoku; Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Prof. Charles Soludo, Prof. Barth Nnaji, Dr Idika Kalu Idika, Mr. Tony Elumelu, Prof. Pat Utomi, Dr Oby Ezekwesili, Prof. Pita Ejiofor, Prof. Elo Amucheazi, Rear Admiral Ebitu Ukiwe (rtd), Chief Olisa Agbakoba (SAN), former Governor Peter Obi, Dr Orji Kalu, Chukwuemeka Ezeife, Prof. Philip Emeagwali, and author, Chimamanda Adichie, (the bolded is up for some later debate) then we are heading somewhere. NdiIgbo, bikonu, let us keep pressing them to make sure this is fulfilled with little political interest that may ruin all.

betterABIAstate:
Make the system work in such a way that

1. Aba and Nnewi will be the port and industrial capital

2. Enugu will be the administrative/mining capital

3. Ontisha will be the commercial capital

4. Owerri will be the tourism capital

5. Abakaliki will be the agricultural capital.

Connect these places with roads and railway facilities. Leave the rest for us
Entertainment and education nko?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Votes In Bayelsa / Jonathan At OIC Summit With Leaders From Islamic Countries (photo) / Certificate Scandal: Dino Melaye's Profile Altered By Senate On NASS Website- SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.