Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,883 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend (51854 Views)

I Need A Virtual Assistant For A New Website To Take Care Of Content Publishing / Promotions Assistant / Soliloquies: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by Laveda(f): 5:05pm On Aug 29, 2016
cry

Oh Dora why? She lacks self control undecided
Its just annoying.

angry

Skarlett nice one sis cry just feeling bad for Dora, so unfortunate it ended with her getting pregnant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 29, 2016
Laveda:
cry

Oh Dora why? She lacks self control undecided
Its just annoying.

angry

Skarle tt nice one sis cry just feeling bad for Dora, so unfortunate it ended with her getting pregnant.

Thanks hon
Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by iykekelvins(m): 5:17pm On Aug 29, 2016
I'm here waiting for an update like..

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by Odunharry(m): 6:17pm On Aug 29, 2016
grin Dora is a cheerful giver..

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by Sholyzee: 7:40pm On Aug 29, 2016
silent reader finally voiced out..
am enjoying every bit of dis piece. DORA must be an "animashaun"
Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by Akposb(m): 8:33pm On Aug 29, 2016
I know you must have heard this from others but I must say I am impressed with your use of language which is both good and creative at the same time.

For Dora, one can easily describe her as gullible and greedy at the same time as she couldn't stay faithful even at the risk of being labelled loose. Anyway it's human to say it's just a flaw on her part but this is just so unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by Akposb(m): 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2016
Double post
Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by kaecyy(m): 8:53pm On Aug 29, 2016
So na Kelvin b d babydada.

Skarlett pls o, KON-AHN-KWONTINU

Following. Good job.
Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by polyumez: 12:02am On Aug 30, 2016
Nice......patiently waiting
Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by prettyjo(f): 1:17am On Aug 30, 2016
cool
Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by nwosucjay(m): 6:15am On Aug 30, 2016
You killed it. Ever since, am nt the reading type especially on this kinda platforms. Make it long and count me out. Commend ur intro, simple and constructive words. More ink to your pen

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by lecturerdabo(m): 7:45am On Aug 30, 2016
Good piece skarlet!
wonderful and well linked suspence!!
Bravo!!!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 30, 2016

Episode 17

Things went wrong when Kelvin was told about the pregnancy. He vehemently denied having anything to do with me and it was from him that my parents learned of how much of a hoe I was in school.

I was shocked at the turn of events as I hadn't expected it, Kelvin was the one who'd told me he truly loved and cared for me, how quickly had his tune changed. He couldn't take responsibility for a child that he swore was not his as he had used protection, although we both remembered ending up with a damaged condom after. He had heard an earful about my philandering ways from his brother and just wanted to 'sample a taste' like everyone else. He would not be the scapegoat to bear the brunt of my 'cheerful giving'. Why else had none of the guys I slept with stayed with me? Why else was Jack receptive towards our failed relationship; I was only an Assistant Girlfriend.

My parents were disappointed with me but decided I would have the baby and continue my education. What better punishment for me to have than to carry my shame around on campus and overhear the whispers about me.

Jack had finally had enough and broke up with me. It was no longer the relationship any of us wanted. He never mentioned my getting pregnant for his brother. But he'd had enough, so when I returned to school, he came to see me and broke up with me. It was about time too because I didn't feel like I would die without hearing from him like I used to. Infact, I felt disgusted at all the things he'd told his younger brother about me.

I had been foolish enough to think I had been doing my relationship a favour by ending things with Kelvin and solemnly declaring we could be nothing but friends. I had ignored his dejected looks and steeled my resolve saying such would never happen again. But I had been unwittingly playing into Kelvin's hands. He didn't want anything else more than what I offered and a few days later, he had been all over Kristen.

Kristen made my life hell that semester as she maliciously spread rumors about me. She was angry that I was trying to snatch her man, even though Kelvin never accepted the responsibility for his child. I had been promiscuous and shamelessly cheated on a boyfriend that loved me with everything on trousers including my neighbours and his own brother. I had slept around so often that I didn't even know who the father of my child was. People believed her tales and the silence that greeted me anytime I saw our friends reminded me of how low I'd sunk.

I was the perpetual outcast for that semester as even Kelvin's parents refused to accept the responsibility for their mom's grandchild. My parents stopped bothering about them but I could hear the strain in my mom's voice whenever she called. I had brought them sorrow.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 30, 2016
lecturerdabo:
Good piece skarlet!

wonderful and well linked suspence!!

Bravo!!!

Thanks dear
Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 30, 2016
nwosucjay:
You killed it. Ever since, am nt the reading type especially on this kinda platforms. Make it long and count me out. Commend ur intro, simple and constructive words. More ink to your pen

Thank you, I appreciate this smiley
Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by Olabantu(m): 10:24am On Aug 30, 2016
Skarlet I can see you in 3d o, pls don't end the story like dat, let her come of of this problem better and stronger after all life is all about the next step
Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 30, 2016
kaecyy:
So na Kelvin b d babydada.

Skarle pls o, KON-AHN-KWONTINU

Following. Good job.

Lol, updated now. Thank you
Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 30, 2016
iykekelvins:
I'm here waiting for an update like..

Lol. Updated now
Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 30, 2016
skarlett, you said 19 episodes ooh....dont leave me hanging now...just post the rest this morning
Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 30, 2016
Olabantu:
Skarlet I can see you in 3d o, pls don't end the story like dat, let her come of of this problem better and stronger after all life is all about the next step

Lol, the story certainly isn't over yet wink
Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 30, 2016
swann:
skarl ett, you said 19 episodes ooh....dont leave me hanging now...just post the rest this morning

gringringrin

Oliver 'twistess'. I'm actually looking for the remaining two episodes sad
Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 30, 2016

Episode 18

Kristen eventually moved out a few weeks later when she could no longer stand the sight of me. My parents sent my younger sister who had just written her UTME to stay with me. I was older than Liz by seven years and she was the only sibling I had. So many times when I felt like giving up on life because I found my condition to be more than I bargained for, she was my pillar of support encouraging me to not give up.

Mark came by the bq when I was five months gone. He had moved out almost after I rebuffed his advances and told him I never wanted to talk to him again. He had moved out because of the complaints leveled against him and his friends by some of the lecturers. He came by to allegedly console me but I gave him a cold shoulder and he left eventually, I never saw him again.

I heard from one of my neighbours that Kelvin dumped Kristen and was dating another girl in our circle, Lauretta. Apparently, he had been cheating on her with Lauretta and when she had caught them together and made Kelvin choose, he had chosen her. My neighbor, Martha, expected me to be happy at such news knowing what Kristen had said about me but I was nonchalant. It was their lives and their business. Kelvin was all charm and wits on the outside but underneath the facade was a monster not worth fighting for.

A few weeks before my final exams, I went into labour and after 38 hours of grunting, cussing and pushing, my son, David was born. The moment I laid my eyes on him, all the pains I seemed to have felt melted away as I gazed down at the miniature version of Kelvin.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 30, 2016
Episode 19

I make it a point of duty everyday to train my son to be a better man than his father was and I'm happy at the results. Dave clocked two a few days ago and is such a bright, kind and thoughtful young lad. My parents officially adopted him as theirs and they're so happy that from the dark clouds had come a silver lining.

He is David Andy, the first and only son of my parents who are glad to have a male child to bear the family name. This had been the cause of the rift between my parents for years. After I finished the university, I lost touch with his paternal grandparents who had not shown any inclination to lay claim to him despite hearing rumours of his uncanny resemblance to Kelvin. My father was glad at this and is taking care of David as his own.

I graduated from the university with a second class lower and did my service close to home because I was a nursing mother. Dad made me the COO of his Urban Taxi Company and under my direction, the business has been flourishing.

Sometimes when I'm bored, I check up on the Donald family, Jack specifically, on social media. I had deleted him, his brother and Mark from my bbm and blocked them on other social networks. But once in a while when I miss him, I would google his name and check his profile on Facebook. The last time I checked him out on Facebook, he and his brother had gone to Canada for their masters. His Instagram pictures always portrayed him posing with exotic looking ladies from the Caribbean and Europe.

I still think about him sometimes. If I still love him is not clear to me till today. After him, I've not been in any other relationship. My wariness of guys that try to get close hasn't helped either. I'm content with having one man in my life; David, my sunshine.

Mom always tells me there are still men out there worthy of my love but I don't know if I would ever want to end up with any man. But I know I don't want Jack. He was never the man for me.

However, I'm still curious though, am I at fault for what happened? Was I really the bad guy? I know what I did was wrong, but I feel he made me do it. Did he deserve the outcome?

Honestly, I don't even know.

1:00am

August 3rd 2016.

16 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by Homestic01(m): 10:46am On Aug 30, 2016
38 hours of what? compensation indeed!!! Nice story indeed ma. Thumbs up!!!
Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 30, 2016
[quote author=skarlett post=48921506][/quote]

Round of applause to skarlett for successfully finding and completing this wonderful story...

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 30, 2016
Homestic01:
38 hours of what? compensation indeed!!! Nice story indeed ma. Thumbs up!!!

Thanks sir
Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by KingRex1(m): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2016
Skarlett!! angry
Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 30, 2016
swann:

Round of applause to skarl ett for successfully finding and completing this wonderful story...

Thank you

gringringrin I was kidding

Thank you too
Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 30, 2016
KingRex1:
Skarlet!! angry

Kingrex1
Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by Homestic01(m): 11:15am On Aug 30, 2016
You are welcome
Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by KingRex1(m): 11:51am On Aug 30, 2016
skarlett:

Kingrex1
I neva got a mention again.. Im still vexing for u angry smiley

Anyway the story ended nicely. I sincerly dont know why i dont blame Dora.. She was just jinxed by events. Some ladies are faced with same ish, but tns usually don't go south like this.

Well it turned out good for her.. Nice one dear

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2016
skarlett:

gringringrin I was kidding

Thank you too

i was playing along grin

anyways...don't forget to mention me when you decide to write another epic story.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bound For Life / The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo / Finding Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.