Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,802 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia (7679 Views)

PHOTO: Another Nigerian Soldier Praying In Borno Before Attacking Boko Haram / An Open Letter Of Some Marine Students In Georgia To Nigeria Government For Assi / Photos: Another Nigerian Soldier Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by AloyEmeka9: 11:20pm On Sep 30, 2009
MARIETTA, Ga. (AP) -- A Marietta driver's license examiner has
been charged with selling Georgia driver's licenses for $2,000 each to illegal immigrants.

Gbemisola Wellington-Salako was indicted Monday and arraigned
before U.S. Magistrate Judge Gerrilyn Brill. Brill set bond for
Wellington-Salako at $20,000.

Georgia Bureau of Investigation Director Vernon Keenan said
selling the licenses to people who are not qualified to receive
them is a public safety issue.

The indictment charges that Wellington-Sako issued about 40
bogus licenses between April 2008 and September 2009. The
indictment charges three men, Jules Armand Che Siewe Achou,
Nambaladja Souleymane Fofana and Mohamed Cellou Bamba as
co-defendants.

http://www.11alive.com/rss/rss_story.aspx?storyid=135703
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by bibiking1(m): 11:28pm On Sep 30, 2009
Happy independence day to Gbemisola Wellington a.k.a Gbemy W!!!!
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by spoOne: 11:37pm On Sep 30, 2009
Greed have no bounds! angry
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by mekuslogan: 11:39pm On Sep 30, 2009
This is yet another (tribe or zone name witheld to avoid being labelled a tribalist grin grin) burst of persons from a specific region of Nigeria. It is like the fifth one in a row now. Abi na genetic problem?
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by namun(f): 11:47pm On Sep 30, 2009
thank GD it comprises both hausa, igbo and yoruba
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by MrCrackles(m): 11:49pm On Sep 30, 2009
Bust them all down en-masse, bastards! angry
Bloody fraudsters. . . . . . .
I am sorry to say but Nigeria disgraceful. . . .
For every new five fraudulent cases outhere, Nigeria has to be linked with at least three!
Una nor dey shame angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by mekuslogan: 11:50pm On Sep 30, 2009
namun:

Where did you see hausa and igbo names there? Paranoia?
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by MrCrackles(m): 11:51pm On Sep 30, 2009
mekuslogan:

Where did you see hausa and igbo names there? Paranoia?
I wonder o. . . .
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by bibiking1(m): 11:55pm On Sep 30, 2009
The speed with which you guys turn serious issues into tribal warfare is quite alarming o!
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by AloyEmeka9: 11:58pm On Sep 30, 2009
Nigeria is so phoked up that even their women cannot be trusted. The last month set has women on the list and this one a woman is the gang leader now. It's a pity.
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by bigboyslim(m): 12:11am On Oct 01, 2009
Again, I would say stop Stereotyping. There are con men and women in every country. I'm not ashamed to be Nigerian because of the few bad eggs. There are many more Nigerians that are honest, hardworking and responsible citizens who contribute positively to the American society and to the global world.

1 Like

Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by AloyEmeka9: 1:05am On Oct 01, 2009
bigboyslim:

Again, I would say stop Stereotyping. There are con men and women in every country. I'm not ashamed to be Nigerian because of the few bad eggs. There are many more Nigerians that are honest, hardworking and responsible citizens who contribute positively to the American society and to the global world.

It's not about stereotyping.The rate at which Nigerians engage in fraud is higher than any other African country. That should concern you a lot unless you are about to prove that Nigerians are the only Africans living in the USA.
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by sjeezy8: 1:31am On Oct 01, 2009
mekuslogan:

This is yet another (tribe or zone name witheld to avoid being labelled a tribalist grin grin) burst of persons from a specific region of Nigeria. It is like the fifth one in a row now. Abi na genetic problem?

only one is yoruba actually the rest are not.

no like seriously why must you always say something?

Even me sef im getting tired of always talkin about tribes and stuff.
Maybe you have a problem with This particular tribe or something

you need to see a psychiatrist about your problem. or go pray something
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by bawomolo(m): 1:33am On Oct 01, 2009
again? this is troublesome.

He had a decent job so there's no lame excuse for this.
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by AloyEmeka9: 1:47am On Oct 01, 2009
sjeezy8:

Even me sef im getting tired of always talkin about tribes and stuff.

LWKMD Praiseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Da lord. wink wink
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by AloyEmeka9: 1:49am On Oct 01, 2009
bawomolo:

again?  this is troublesome.

He had a decent job so there's no lame excuse for this.
That is a woman of all creatures. When they refuse to allow Nigerians to work in those places, we will start whining. She has closed the door in that section finally for us.
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by bawomolo(m): 1:51am On Oct 01, 2009
wow a woman? smh

another window closed.
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by CrudeOil2(m): 1:56am On Oct 01, 2009
There is only one Nigerian involved.
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by AloyEmeka9: 1:56am On Oct 01, 2009
This is the transcript of one of the Minnesotta 11's dad harassing journalists on why they disgrace his sons by reporting their crime. Read it, it's very hilarious:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Family fury:

Meanwhile, some family and friends of the alleged suspects are now venting their angers over the release of the photographs of some of the prime suspects to the Nigerian news media.
African-online's reporter got the bashing from a person who claimed to be the father of Abiodun and Olayemi Banjoko last Thursday when an attempt was made to hear the side of the story of one of the two brothers who posted bail for $45,000 last week.
The man who claimed to be Ahaji Banjoko threatened to sue this reporter for sending the stories of the credit card fraud to Nigerian newspapers for publication.
Below is the interview which was conducted in Yoruba (a Nigerian native language) with Alhaji Banjoko, father of two of the alleged suspects. Excerpt:

Alhaji Banjok[/b]o: Is this the journalist, eh, are you, (in-audible)

[b]Africa-online
: May I know who is calling, please?

Alhaji Banjoko: You're a Yoruba boy, yes, I'll talk to you in Yoruba language, You know,  you these boys that just finished from journalism schools and think you can embarrass people any how.

Africa-online : Sir, I'm sorry you need to identify yourself if we are going to continue this conversation. You called my phone, you need to identify yourself, (cut)

Alhaji Banjoko: I am the father of the two boys you have been writing nonsense about! You think you can embarrass my children. (Now raising his voice) I will sue you if you ever call or embarrass them again! You sent their stories to Lagos, I will sue you, because you just finished journalism school you think, (cut in)

Africa-online: Sir, with due respect sir, I don't really think you need to announce to me if you are going to sue me for a story I wrote about your children, this is a free world sir. The story I wrote were obtained from the public records and I don't think I embarrass anybody by publishing what is in public record, (interrupting)

Alhaji Banjoko: (Raising his voice) Eh!, I have children who are lawyers and doctors, I worked for a ministry in Lagos for more than 20 years and I am a graduate of the University of Minnesota. You think small boy like you who just finished journalism school can embarrass me?

Africa-Online: Sir, this is not about you or your achievements,  perhaps you can use this opportunity to set the record straight on why your children were arrested alongside others.

Alhaji Banjoko; I am not going to talk to you again about anything, ? I'm warning you now! stop embarrassing my children.

African-online: I do no intend to embarrass anybody sir,

Alhaji Banjok[/b]o: Stop talking to me, you know the real culprits and you didn't put them in the news. Stop putting my children in the news leave them alone!

[b]Africa-online:
Sir, I did not put your children in the news, they are the one that put themselves in the news, I think rather than putting the blame on me, you should be telling the whole world your children's roles in this case.

Alhaji Banjoko: They were roped in , I am mad at you, I think, I should not talk to you again, you are just wasting my time (he hung up the line)

Interpol involvement

In another development, Africa-online gathered that the International Police (Interpol) may have been alerted to affect the arrest of the alleged leader of the gang, Bashiru Adelumola Fowoshere a dual citizen of US and Nigeria who is being wanted in connection with the crime.
Africa-online scooped from a source closed to the gang that Mr Fowoshere might have actually fled Nigeria to Dubai, United Arab Emirate because of the fear that the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) of Nigeria might turn him in to the United States Federal Investigation Bureau (FBI).
An unconfirmed report stated that one of the containers shipped to Nigeria by leader of the gang had been intercepted by the Nigerian authority after a tip off from their US counterparts.
The shipping agents (name withheld) used by the leader of the gang to ship some of the assorted cars to Nigeria was said to have been interrogated by the US police about five months ago. The shipping agent who is also in Nigeria is said to have fled the country before the recent clamp down on the suspects.
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by sjeezy8: 1:59am On Oct 01, 2009
but why didn't you post it in that particular thread?
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by AloyEmeka9: 1:59am On Oct 01, 2009
Which thread?
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by sjeezy8: 2:03am On Oct 01, 2009
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by AloyEmeka9: 2:03am On Oct 01, 2009
Why post it there when I got it from there?
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by sjeezy8: 2:04am On Oct 01, 2009
why post it here?

Two different stories
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by AloyEmeka9: 2:07am On Oct 01, 2009
Because it's funny. Have you read it? The man sounds like Becomerich.
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by sjeezy8: 2:09am On Oct 01, 2009
ok if its funny why didn't post it in the funny or comedy scetion or what eva it is?
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by mustafar1: 2:14am On Oct 01, 2009
fraud doesnt know gender abeg. all those shouting a woman should take note. ojukokoro dey catch people across the gender board. $2000 per license issued. temptation no dey discriminate abeg.
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by AloyEmeka9: 2:20am On Oct 01, 2009
must_a_far:

fraud doesnt know gender abeg. all those shouting a woman should take note. ojukokoro dey catch people across the gender board. $2000 per license issued. temptation no dey discriminate abeg.

But it's Nigerian men who are more notorious abroad and not women. Women just started this crime thing yesterday.
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by mustafar1: 2:24am On Oct 01, 2009
hahaha, u stopped short of saying its the men that taught them or its the men that make them do it.
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by AloyEmeka9: 2:28am On Oct 01, 2009
Behind every criminal woman, there must be a man. You are right, men taught/pushed them into the game. grin grin
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by Nobody: 2:39am On Oct 01, 2009
namun:

One Yoruba possibly married to an American or foreigner. The other names arent Nigerian, I think.

@ topic

busted for selling driver's licenses to illegal immigrants? Ok oh!

undecided

we all know who tops the list in that field of expertise and nobody better jump me because of their tribe as if I called any name.

Those in the business of fake ids know what I'm talking about.
Re: Another Nigerian Gang Busted In Georgia by chic2pimp(m): 2:44am On Oct 01, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Africa-online: Sir, with due respect sir, I don't really think you need to announce to me if you are going to sue me for a story I wrote about your children, this is a free world sir. The story I wrote were obtained from the public records and I don't think I embarrass anybody by publishing what is in public record, (interrupting)

I wonder oooo. Na so so big mouth dem get.

Don't mind  the Old cargo. He shoulda called CNN and the BBC just to make his intentions known to the whole world.

Aloy.Emeka:

Alhaji Banjoko; I am not going to talk to you again about anything, ? I'm warning you now! stop embarrassing my children.

Alhaji Banjoko: Stop talking to me, you know the real culprits and you didn't put them in the news. Stop putting my children in the news leave them alone!

*Shakes His head while laughing*  Abeg,Who called who or am I missing something? grin grin

It reminds me of the childish arguements I used to involve myself in during my primary school days.

Aloy.Emeka:

Africa-online: Sir, I did not put your children in the news, they are the one that put themselves in the news, I think rather than putting the blame on me, you should be telling the whole world your children's roles in this case.

Don't mind the bloody nuisance. Ewu Ara. I think someone needs to knock some sense into his thick skull. Agbaya

Aloy.Emeka:

Alhaji Banjoko: They were roped in , I am mad at you, I think, I should not talk to you again, you are just wasting my time (he hung up the line)

Why did He hang up FFS. He shoulda kept on ranting and raving. This surely disproves the saying  'Wisdom comes with age and maturity'.

CAN YOU SPOT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS OLD ARROGANT SOD AND AN AGBERO? undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

ADC Faction Denounces Party's Endorsement Of Peter Obi / When Frank Okon Will Be Sworn In As Governor / Makoko’s Demolition: Lagos, PDP Disagree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.