Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,755 members, 7,806,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

I Need Help , Thank You - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Need Help , Thank You (642 Views)

Read And Thank Me Later Investment Is The Future / Follow Me To Thank God / Take This Step And Thank Me Later!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help , Thank You by seenter84: 9:43am On Aug 26, 2016
Good morning to you all nairalanders.
Please i need experts advise on land matters here.
I have a land which was surveyed for me sometime ago but right now i want to go for my c of o.
I was told i need to get the land survey document which is a hard copy paper like material like cloth though.
The agent who went to the local government on my behalf because i am not around said there is a missing red copy of the survey in the governors office.
How do i now get the red paper since i dont have it. Please experts i need advise because without the red paper i wont know where the land belong if its either going for c of o or governors consent.

Please experts help a brother out. thank you
Re: I Need Help , Thank You by ipeg34yahooco: 9:05pm On Aug 27, 2016
seenter84:
Good morning to you all nairalanders.
Please i need experts advise on land matters here.
I have a land which was surveyed for me sometime ago but right now i want to go for my c of o.
I was told i need to get the land survey document which is a hard copy paper like material like cloth though.
The agent who went to the local government on my behalf because i am not around said there is a missing red copy of the survey in the governors office.
How do i now get the red paper since i dont have it. Please experts i need advise because without the red paper i wont know where the land belong if its either going for c of o or governors consent.

Please experts help a brother out. thank you

Hello,
Firstly,the survey plan does not determine whether to apply for C of O or Governor's consent. If the land had no title document when you bought it , you apply for C of O but if the land had a title document e.g registered conveyance or C of O,what you apply for is Governor's Consent.

Secondly,it is obvious the surveyor was either not a registered surveyor or a competent one.Every registered surveyor ought to submit a red copy of survey plan with the surveyor general's office for record purposes,and especially for perfection of title purposes.I advise you get a competent surveyor who knows what is required of him/her professionally

Thirdly,why do you have an agent going to a local govt to check for a red copy?The red copy is meant to be in the Surveyor general's office and not a local govt.Didn't you consult with a lawyer all through the process of purchasing the land?

My advise, get a competent lawyer to guide you through the whole process of perfection of title or you can reach out to my firm. www.summmitsolicitors.com

All the best.
Re: I Need Help , Thank You by seenter84: 1:48pm On Aug 28, 2016
Thank you Bros. Are you a lawyer?

ipeg34yahooco:

Hello,
Firstly,the survey plan does not determine whether to apply for C of O or Governor's consent. If the land had no title document when you bought it , you apply for C of O but if the land had a title document e.g registered conveyance or C of O,what you apply for is Governor's Consent.

Secondly,it is obvious the surveyor was either not a registered surveyor or a competent one.Every registered surveyor ought to submit a red copy of survey plan with the surveyor general's office for record purposes,and especially for perfection of title purposes.I advise you get a competent surveyor who knows what is required of him/her professionally

Thirdly,why do you have an agent going to a local govt to check for a red copy?The red copy is meant to be in the Surveyor general's office and not a local govt.Didn't you consult with a lawyer all through the process of purchasing the land?

My advise, get a competent lawyer to guide you through the whole process of perfection of title or you can reach out to my firm. www.summmitsolicitors.com

All the best.
Re: I Need Help , Thank You by ipeg34yahooco: 11:41am On Aug 30, 2016
seenter84:
Thank you Bros. Are you a lawyer?

Yes,I am a lawyer.Pls check my firm's website for further verification www.summitsolicitors.com

Cheers
Re: I Need Help , Thank You by seenter84: 11:50am On Aug 30, 2016
I will and would work with you soonest.

Thanks again

ipeg34yahooco:

Yes,I am a lawyer.Pls check my firm's website for further verification www.summitsolicitors.com

Cheers
Re: I Need Help , Thank You by ipeg34yahooco: 5:49pm On Aug 30, 2016
seenter84:
I will and would work with you soonest.
Thanks again

You are welcome

(1) (Reply)

Distress Sale Of 4 Bedroom Duplex Plus 2rm Bq For Sale In Lekki Phase 1 For 58m / Cheaper Ago,pms Dpk Supplier For Serious Buyers / 7 Kva Generator For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.