Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It (56303 Views)

Zahra Buhari Complains About The Clinic In Aso Rock That Is In Bad State / What Is The Full Meaning Of EFCC? See Hilarious Answers / EFCC Gets New Operational Vehicles, Pics Of EFCC Boss Magu Test Driving Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by sixtuschimere: 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2016
WHY SUSPECTS BEG JUDGES TO REMAND THEM IN EFCC CELLS

A certain kind of drama almost always plays out when EFCC arraigns an accused person in court. The defence counsel would immediately apply for court bail.

However, if the court temporarily denies the application, the counsel would again rise in open court and passionately plead with the trial judge to allow his client remain in EFCC holding facility, pending the determination of bail, or, where his application was granted, pending fulfilment of bail conditions.

Notwithstanding this, some people with ulterior motives have continuously sponsored false stories likening detention in EFCC facilities to being held in dungeons where torture and other forms of human rights abuses are commonplace.

The Commission however prides itself as meeting the highest possible professional standards in all its operations. Such unprofessional practices are not only outlawed in EFCC, they are regarded as criminal and anyone who engages in them, risks severe sanctions, including administrative reprimand and criminal prosecution.

EFCC has arguably, the best holding facilities of all law enforcement and security agencies in Nigeria. 

To prove this to sceptics, Commission on Thursday, 25th August, 2016, threw its facilities in Abuja, open for inspection by journalists from all media persuasions, including those who had unwittingly helped to propagate false notions about detention in the EFCC.

The media men saw things firsthand and freely interacted and conducted interview with suspects of their own choosing.  They also toured the clinic attached to the cells, fully manned and run 24 hours round-the-clock by two qualified medical doctors, nurses and other health professionals.

Among the other medical and diagnostic facilities, is a dedicated ambulance. The journalists also saw the meals served the suspects, which are sourced from the EFCC Staff Canteen. Those who prefer relatives to bring their meals from home, are so obliged.  At the end of the tour, one reporter described the detention facilities as ‘A guest house for the big boys’.

Acting Chairman, Ibrahim Magu, however threw a challenge to the reporters: "If anyone of you think all these have been arranged, you are welcome to come at anytime you chose, to spend time with us and see for yourself (you can even spend some days in the cell); see how EFCC carries out investigation, arrest, interrogation and if you want, be detained as long as you say, in any of our facilities across the country.  You don't need to give us prior notice of your coming.  You can even arrange it as a group of reporters if you don't want to come alone."  He must be truly confident in EFCC's detention facilities.

The over 30 journalists drawn from print, electronic and online platforms, said they would seriously consider the offer.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/08/why-suspects-beg-judges-to-remand-them.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by sixtuschimere: 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by sixtuschimere: 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2016
sixtuschimere:
More
more

Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 26, 2016
kk
Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by UrennaNkoli(f): 7:00pm On Aug 26, 2016
ouzo1:
Abeg where I go see 2nd hand pants buy?my babe birthday the come up soon

93 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 26, 2016
No matter how good it is, it's not my portion in Jesus's name

171 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by veekid(m): 7:06pm On Aug 26, 2016
Politicians dey enjoy Sha; see as der prison fine, der house .... fine, dem cloth and house and everything even hospital for prison .....e fine

6 Likes

Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by AceRoyal: 7:07pm On Aug 26, 2016
OP your topic is misleading
This is EFCC detention facility(centre) or holding cells and not Prison.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by Fabulosdave01: 7:07pm On Aug 26, 2016
I can see ffk and Gej's room there.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by sammyj: 7:07pm On Aug 26, 2016
Okokokobioko .Olopao!! FFK and others enjoyed wella compared to people in Kiri Kiri Medium prison and Ikoyi Prison. I can now see why this our politrcians keeps on stealing and looting our treasury !!! shocked shocked tongue

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by ALAYORMII: 7:08pm On Aug 26, 2016
sixtuschimere:
WHY SUSPECTS BEG JUDGES TO REMAND THEM IN EFCC CELLS

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/08/why-suspects-beg-judges-to-remand-them.html

So, this is where FFK spent all those weeks??

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by toprealman: 7:08pm On Aug 26, 2016
naija, I de hail. una no de fail oh.
Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by holluwai(m): 7:08pm On Aug 26, 2016
That guy wan buy second hand pant for him girl? Oya make I carry go the place I sabi.
Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by peter1994(m): 7:08pm On Aug 26, 2016
Looks impressive, and they even cook for them. Cell for the Rich.

Unlike the police cell here in elekahia Port Hacourt, where cell mates feed on "Cell Show" (Money gotten from new cell mates).

If you enter the cell, first question you're asked is "where Ya cell Show". You will get the beating of your life if you no drop something.

Don't ask me how i got to know cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by noida: 7:08pm On Aug 26, 2016
I'm coming back... soonest
Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by magicminister: 7:10pm On Aug 26, 2016
Everythin about naija is mediocre. Even the things we take pride in are mediocre!!

Ghana ti take over

7 Likes

Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by Femich18(m): 7:10pm On Aug 26, 2016
EastGold:
No matter how good it is, it's not my portion in Jesus' name
Lol...No vex they are just joking with you .
Moreover its not by prayer...its the works of your hands that ll determine that

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by 4nobody4every1: 7:10pm On Aug 26, 2016
grin grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by Emade(m): 7:10pm On Aug 26, 2016
EastGold:
if u do wat will take u there u will go there

1 Like

Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by oluwasegun007(m): 7:10pm On Aug 26, 2016
No wonder dem dey always confess even wetin dem no do.....Ask Metuh and Dasuki

1 Like

Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by Abdullateeflawal(m): 7:13pm On Aug 26, 2016

1 Like

Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by Slimflame(m): 7:14pm On Aug 26, 2016
Wen Efcc dey always arrest people wey chop #200mil why dia cell no go dey lyk dat..

1 Like

Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by Sayelabola(m): 7:14pm On Aug 26, 2016
I doubt if it's so across the federation...Abuja things always better than the others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by austelright(m): 7:15pm On Aug 26, 2016
EastGold:
Then don't do whatever that will take you their.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by Atake14(m): 7:15pm On Aug 26, 2016
ok.. take me to d bar section

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by helphelp: 7:18pm On Aug 26, 2016
Lmao...

Far beta than kirikiri and kuje...

Never been there ooo
...picture comparison
Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by LydayBobo(m): 7:21pm On Aug 26, 2016
No wonder most accused politicians claim illness after arrest, the hospital bed is better.
Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by hardbody: 7:27pm On Aug 26, 2016
No matter how cozy, deprivation of freedom is very heart rending and wrenching. I don't even pray a visit or invitation for my enemy, freedom is priceless

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of EFCC Prison And The Clinic Attached To It by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:31pm On Aug 26, 2016
EFCC AND PRISON IS NOT OUR PORTION IN JESUS NAME WE REJECT IT... HIT LIKE IF U NO IS NOT UR PORTION

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

MC Oluomo Was Only Joking About 'iya Chukwudi' - Police PRO, Muyiwa Adejobi / Moment Peter Obi Was Whisked Away Into Helicopter Due To Mammoth Crowd In Nsukka / President Buhari Appoints Personal Staff (See Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.