Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Newly Constructed Poultry Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Newly Constructed Poultry Farm (4457 Views)

## Newly Constructed 5000 Capacity Pig Farm With Farm House For Sale / Poultry Farm With Fish Pond For Rent / How Much Will It Cost Me To Start A Poultry Farm? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by RichieF27: 12:53am On Aug 27, 2016
The pic below is My newly constructed poultry farm.. The coop is for layers and I'm planning on starting with point of lay and tgey ar to 1000 birds everything is in place what is left is just the arrival of the birds.. Would love more advice and criticism is also allowed.. More pics to come later
Thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by jmichlins(m): 1:07am On Aug 27, 2016
I don't know if you are scared of the farm that made you take those photos from such a distance. Congratulations anyway it's not easy investing in this economy

4 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by RichieF27: 1:11am On Aug 27, 2016
jmichlins:
I don't know if you are scared of the farm that made you take those photos from such a distance. Congratulations anyway it's not easy investing in this economy
lol not scared was just at the farm briefly today so I took some quick photos but will get some more tomorrow
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by jmichlins(m): 1:15am On Aug 27, 2016
RichieF27:
lol not scared was just at the farm briefly today so I took some quick photos but will get some more tomorrow
it's alright and am following this thread so feed it with information and your experience with the farm. Once again congratulate!!!
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by Davash222(m): 2:45am On Aug 27, 2016
Nice but I think 1000 birds is way too small or is it just for a start.

The farm is too big for a thousand bird.

God bless your hustle.
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by RichieF27: 10:39am On Aug 27, 2016
Davash222:
Nice but I think 1000 birds is way too small or is it just for a start.

The farm is too big for a thousand bird.

God bless your hustle.
just for a start
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by RichieF27: 5:39pm On Sep 04, 2016
RichieF27:
The pic below is My newly constructed poultry farm.. The coop is for layers and I'm planning on starting with point of lay and tgey ar to 1000 birds everything is in place what is left is just the arrival of the birds.. Would love more advice and criticism is also allowed.. More pics to come later
Thanks
more pics from my project

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by RichieF27: 5:42pm On Sep 04, 2016
More

1 Share

Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by SUPERPACK: 6:56pm On Sep 04, 2016
Pls hope u did enough research concerning the current cost of feeding the birds, because many farmers around here have closed shop or reduce their stock so that they can cope with high cost of feed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by lastmessenger: 7:34pm On Sep 04, 2016
Kudos op .God bless your hustle.
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by RichieF27: 8:02pm On Sep 04, 2016
SUPERPACK:
Pls hope u did enough research concerning the current cost of feeding the birds, because many farmers around here have closed shop or reduce their stock so that they can cope with high cost of feed.
yeah I did my findings...thanks
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by RichieF27: 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2016
lastmessenger:
Kudos op .God bless your hustle.
Thansks bro .. You too
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 23, 2016
RichieF27:
Thanks
wow that's really neat.
My family 1nce had a chicken but that don't compare 2 this.

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by RichieF27: 1:13am On Sep 23, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
wow that's really neat.
My family 1nce had a chicken but that don't compare 2 this.
thanks sweet
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by Nobody: 1:16am On Sep 23, 2016
RichieF27:
thanks sweet
erm ... I'minteresd in yer farming,will you tell me about it?

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by RichieF27: 1:20am On Sep 23, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
erm ... I'minteresd in yer farming,will you tell me about it?
yes sure dear .. What you wanna know ?
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by Nobody: 1:40am On Sep 23, 2016
RichieF27:
yes sure dear .. What you wanna know ?
what it's like having a chicken farm . How do you runthe place.
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by RichieF27: 1:47am On Sep 23, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
what it's like having a chicken farm . How do you runthe place.
are you on bbm or any other social media we can talk more from there or if you can give me a call ?
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 23, 2016
RichieF27:
are you on bbm or any other social media we can talk more from there or if you can give me a call ?
yeah,i answered yer pm
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by RichieF27: 11:59am On Sep 23, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
yeah,i answered yer pm
i sent you an email from my personal email .. feel free to ask anything .. thanks
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by Iseoluwani: 7:20pm On Sep 23, 2016
RichieF27:
i sent you an email from my personal email .. feel free to ask anything .. thanks

Pls sir looking at your farm which z deep litter,
1. How does your layers lay eggs on bare floor or what do u intend doing when it's time for them to start laying.

Have been confronted with this challenge pls help.

2. How do u intend packing their poo always

Pls I take God beg una answer
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by RichieF27: 8:12pm On Sep 23, 2016
If you look closely, you will see by the wall there are woods arranged in box shape.. When they want to lay they go in and lay there and it's not on bare floor there are litters inside each box.. And once it's time to clean my cleaners clean it by packing the poo on the floor with the litters on the floor and later put another after they are done cleaning ....
Iseoluwani:

Pls sir looking at your farm which z deep litter,
1. How does your layers lay eggs on bare floor or what do u intend doing when it's time for them to start laying.

Have been confronted with this challenge pls help.

2. How do u intend packing their poo always

Pls I take God beg una answer
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by Iseoluwani: 8:47pm On Sep 23, 2016
RichieF27:
If you look closely, you will see by the wall there are woods arranged in box shape.. When they want to lay they go in and lay there and it's not on bare floor there are litters inside each box.. And once it's time to clean my cleaners clean it by packing the poo on the floor with the litters on the floor and later put another after they are done cleaning ....

Grateful heart
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by Iseoluwani: 9:12pm On Sep 23, 2016
RichieF27:
yeah I did my findings...thanks

Then how will you know fowls that are unproductive
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by RichieF27: 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2016
thats is one major challenge with deep litters but once you notice a amll bird or one that seems week that can help.. a bird must weigh upto 1.5kg before they can lay no matter how old they are ...
Iseoluwani:

Then how will you know fowls that are unproductive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by shakyriri: 10:37pm On Sep 23, 2016
Iseoluwani:

Grateful heart
You mean instinctively,the birds will just go to the wooden box when it's time to?
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by Iseoluwani: 10:58pm On Sep 23, 2016
shakyriri:

You mean instinctively,the birds will just go to the wooden box when it's time to?

Yeah according to RichieF27
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by RichieF27: 11:34pm On Sep 23, 2016
Iseoluwani:

Yeah according to RichieF27
yeah ...they like hiding wen they are laying except if they have no place to hide

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by Iseoluwani: 12:02am On Sep 24, 2016
RichieF27:
yeah ...they like hiding wen they are laying except if they have no place to hide

What I fink I should do is that before they start laying, probably a week b4. I will transfer them to the battery cage system. People are innovative now, I don't need to buy the of 90000 4 120birds. I will just negotiate with this welder to construct for me at a cheaper rate then I buy the drinker pipe and all that.

Look at the pic. Its not the imported one which z more expensive

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by RichieF27: 12:31am On Sep 24, 2016
Iseoluwani:

What I fink I should do is that before they start laying, probably a week b4. I will transfer them to the battery cage system. People are innovative now, I don't need to buy the of 90000 4 120birds. I will just negotiate with this welder to construct for me at a cheaper rate then I buy the drinker pipe and all that.
Yeah that's a great
Iseoluwani post=49621930:

idea too.. I must tell yo battery cages are easier to use.. But make sure there is enough ventilation when yo are about using the battery cage it's important.. Cos it enables them eat more and produce good and big eggs

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by shakyriri: 12:41pm On Sep 24, 2016
RichieF27:
WOW thats pretty impressive.am learning.thanks for d response.
Re: Newly Constructed Poultry Farm by RichieF27: 12:50pm On Sep 24, 2016
shakyriri:

WOW thats pretty impressive.am learning.thanks for d response.
you welcome

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Has Invested With Farmbuddy. Pls Share Your Experience / Cassava And Maize Weed Control / Garri Business Is Paying Off Believe Me Or Belive Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.