Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Golf 4 High Ignition - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Golf 4 High Ignition (1713 Views)

What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition / Ignition Coil For A Chevrolet Suburban Is Needed / Ignition Spark Monitor/indicator Diagnotics Tool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Golf 4 High Ignition by Meotoka(m): 6:04am On Aug 27, 2016
Good mng house, am in dire need for a possible solution to my Golf 4 1.6lts engine. There is this problem have been spending a lot on for 7 months now, the ignition is usually high beyond the normal point which make the car consume a lot of Gas. I was told is an electrical issue and my electrician here in katsina which uses diagnosing machine has turned me to an ATM. If I start the car it will be normal but on accelerating a bit it will go up and eventually take a while to come to its position if it comes back at all. I have been duped on this issue umpteen times, I have been deceived to changed brain box, and all manner of things but each time I travel for a long journey, I come back with that same issue. Kindly, help me my people, I find it difficult to sleep again cuz its beyond me plz and I love the car cuz its good to travel with and it doesnt consume much fuel and strong. Ur urgently needed plzzzz
Re: Golf 4 High Ignition by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 27, 2016
Check throttle body and Idle Control Module.. Hope dis helps.. The throttle body has a control dat sets idle speed
Re: Golf 4 High Ignition by honmusa(m): 4:48pm On Aug 27, 2016
Meotoka:
Good mng house, am in dire need for a possible solution to my Golf 4 1.6lts engine. There is this problem have been spending a lot on for 7 months now, the ignition is usually high beyond the normal point which make the car consume a lot of Gas. I was told is an electrical issue and my electrician here in katsina which uses diagnosing machine has turned me to an ATM. If I start the car it will be normal but on accelerating a bit it will go up and eventually take a while to come to its position if it comes back at all. I have been duped on this issue umpteen times, I have been deceived to changed brain box, and all manner of things but each time I travel for a long journey, I come back with that same issue. Kindly, help me my people, I find it difficult to sleep again cuz its beyond me plz and I love the car cuz its good to travel with and it doesnt consume much fuel and strong. Ur urgently needed plzzzz
I can guess that the car as already been kazeemised and need to the touch of a professional to bring the car back to default setting.
if you can manage to take the car to abuja ,probably you look for this guy on Nairaland ,cardoctor or kingreign to fix the car for you.
Re: Golf 4 High Ignition by Meotoka(m): 8:50pm On Aug 27, 2016
Thanks so much for your response God bless you. I just came from kano and its still the same I came with. I will be going to Abuja as advised and I pray it will b fixed there. If you have the guy's number kindly send it so as to contact him before hand. Once again house thank you and God will not disappoint all of you.

1 Like

Re: Golf 4 High Ignition by Eburnian: 8:47am On Apr 01, 2021
Please house,I own a golf 4 (1.8L 20v engine)
When I kickstart it shows "SERVICE INSPECTION" under the mileage on the dashboard. I recently service the ATF, engine oil, air flow meter (changed).

What does that "SERVICE INSPECTION" indicate?

Re: Golf 4 High Ignition by Meotoka(m): 7:35pm On Apr 02, 2021
Bro, There is nothing to worry about, it is service alert indicator that notify when ur car is due for service. The reason its just showing now is that its own calculation just completed cuz wen u service, u didn't reset it. Just watch YouTube on how to reset it. I don't know how many thousand of kilometre it is programmed to alert the owner but it has no effect on ur car. Just reset it and enjoy ur car. I used Golf 4 for good four years so am talking out of experience. Take care bro

1 Like

Re: Golf 4 High Ignition by Hollawayn05(m): 5:21pm On May 03, 2021
Meotoka:
Bro, There is nothing to worry about, it is service alert indicator that notify when ur car is due for service. The reason its just showing now is that its own calculation just completed cuz wen u service, u didn't reset it. Just watch YouTube on how to reset it. I don't know how many thousand of kilometre it is programmed to alert the owner but it has no effect on ur car. Just reset it and enjoy ur car. I used Golf 4 for good four years so am talking out of experience. Take care bro

You try ooo, 4 good years and I always heard bad stories about golf 4,which of the engine is urs?
Re: Golf 4 High Ignition by Kingscollege(m): 8:42am On Feb 06, 2022
I have been using my golf 4 over five years now and am still using it without. Any problem
.the service inspection u mentioned is normal and it does not affect ur golf car In any form . That's how my own too always appear n am driving it like that since this year's All u nid do is to service ur car as at wen due . If u can rest as they said fine or if u can't reset it u can just live it like that no problem

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

20 Supercars Slower Than The New 2018 BMW M5 / Who Still Remembered This Car? First Ever Car Produced By Range Over / Top 10 Most Purchased Cars Of 2019 In Nigeria And Their Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.