Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,667 members, 7,801,927 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? (2013 Views)

"7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks / “Kingdom Of Heaven On Earth" Lagos Church Members Believe The Pastor Is Jesus / Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 27, 2016
Most Christians(even the educated ones) strongly believe in the story of the great flood, an event estimated to have happened 4,000 years ago. Though there is absolutely no evidence to support that an event like that ever happened. A mass extinction event on that level would leave so much evidence, but as science can explain nothing like that ever happened. Noah's story is just another ancient myth in the book of fairy tales known as the bible.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by importexpert(m): 8:27am On Aug 27, 2016
if science cant confirm it does not mean it didnt happen. its occurrence have been affirmed in the qur'an. if science explains everything kindly do a basic research on the reason why Neil Amstrong (first man to land on moon) became a Muslim.
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 27, 2016
Lol bro, you've set yourself up for a very long argument grin its obviously not real, and was written based on the level of understanding of the world then.
I've seen your posts. Lol. You'll soon get tired of arguing with these people. Its like trying to fetch water in a basket

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 27, 2016
importexpert:
if science cant confirm it does not mean it didnt happen. its occurrence have been affirmed in the qur'an. if science explains everything kindly do a basic research on the reason why Neil Amstrong (first man to land on moon) became a Muslim.
So even though you science can trace back the extinction on the dinosaurs that happened 60 million years ago. you believe they can't find evidence of a 4000 year old extinction event. The Quran by the way is a modified version of the old testament.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 27, 2016
AnonyNymous:
Lol bro, you've set yourself up for a very long argument grin its obviously not real, and was written based on the level of understanding of the world then.
I've seen your posts. Lol. You'll soon get tired of arguing with these people. Its like trying to fetch water in a basket
My guy I don dey see am, but I can't stop yet. Even if I can convert just two people I'll be okay. I was once like them, deeply christian till education and logic opened my eyes. Just wanna do the same.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by dadexcel: 8:51am On Aug 27, 2016
Lennycool:
Most Christians(even the educated ones) strongly believe in the story of the great flood, an event estimated to have happened 4,000 years ago. Though there is absolutely no evidence to support that an event like that ever happened. A mass extinction event on that level would leave so much evidence, but as science can explain nothing like that ever happened. Noah's story is just another ancient myth in the book of fairy tales known as the bible.
......... Why do you believe your human?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 27, 2016
dadexcel:
......... Why do you believe your human?
Is that suppose to be an argument? I'm human because I'm part of the only extant members of Homininaclade(or human clade), a branch of the taxonomical tribe Hominini belonging to the family of great apes. They are characterized by erect posture and bipedal locomotion;manual dexterity and increased tool use, compared to other animals; and a general trend toward larger, more complex brains and societies.[
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by dadexcel: 9:04am On Aug 27, 2016
Lennycool:

Is that suppose to be an argument? I'm human because I'm part of the only extant members of Homininaclade(or human clade), a branch of the taxonomical tribe Hominini belonging to the family of great apes. They are characterized by erect posture and bipedal locomotion;manual dexterity and increased tool use, compared to other animals; and a general trend toward larger, more complex brains and societies.[
...... How did the so called extant members ofHomininaclade come about, who created them, and how did you know you are a member?
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by dadexcel: 9:07am On Aug 27, 2016
Lennycool:

......... How did the so called extant members ofHomininaclade come about, who created them, and how did you know you are a member?
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 27, 2016
dadexcel:
...... How did the so called extant members ofHomininaclade come about, who created them, and how did you know you are a member?
Who created them? my dear have you not heard of the evolution theory.
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by Dinocarex(m): 9:21am On Aug 27, 2016
I don't argue much with people. Anytime they tell me there is no God, I reply them saying;

Something can never come out of Nothing.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 27, 2016
Dinocarex:
I don't argue much with people. Anytime they tell me there is no God, I reply them saying;

I love that counter. Then how did God originate

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by dadexcel: 9:23am On Aug 27, 2016
Lennycool:

Who created them? my dear have you not heard of the evolution theory.
.......... Yeah I have, so how did the first element of the evolution story evolve? And who told the story? Who created that first evolution element?......
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 27, 2016
dadexcel:
.......... Yeah I have, so how did the first element of the evolution story evolve? And who told the story? Who created that first evolution element?......
To simulate a space rock collision, scientists fired a high-power laser at achemical soup containing clay and a molecule called formamide.Formamide, a simple chemical produced when hydrogen cyanide reacts with water, wasfirst postulatedas a possible parent compound of themolecules needed for life back in 2001 by a duo of Italian researchers. The chemical would have been abundantly available on early Earth and has even been identified in thetail of comets. Furthermore, previous experiments have shown it is possibleto create genetic building blocks using this molecule and other ingredients.
The research is still widely debated, but atleast it provides a more reasonable explanation than blowing life into molded dust.
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by dadexcel: 9:55am On Aug 27, 2016
Lennycool:

To simulate a space rock collision, scientists fired a high-power laser at achemical soup containing clay and a molecule called formamide.Formamide, a simple chemical produced when hydrogen cyanide reacts with water, wasfirst postulatedas a possible parent compound of themolecules needed for life back in 2001 by a duo of Italian researchers. The chemical would have been abundantly available on early Earth and has even been identified in thetail of comets. Furthermore, previous experiments have shown it is possibleto create genetic building blocks using this molecule and other ingredients.
The research is still widely debated, but atleast it provides a more reasonable explanation than blowing life into molded dust.
....... The so called chemical that you talk about which according to you must have existed in the early days, how did it come about? What formed it, or who created it?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by Dinocarex(m): 9:55am On Aug 27, 2016
Lennycool:

Even if I should explain better to you. You will still be hell bent about HIS origination.
He is the creator!!
You can't tell me the beautiful skies, the green plants, the mountains made itself from the 'big bang and theory evolution'.

One remedy I recommend to people is to travel and appreciate Nature.
Stand on the Zenith of Victoria falls in Zambia and understand a picture I'm trying to paint. A fall that is beautiful with green plants by the side and subtly rainbow after a light rainfall doesn't just came into existence by some theories propanded by a scientist.

There is someone somewhere 'up there' who appreciate aesthetic and made it so beautiful.

Just as you stand on the bridge of East London and appreciate man's tatste of beauty.... You should also give it up to the 'Man Up there'.

Before Western and middle belt religion came to Africa, before Africans got to read and write... They have idols and they believe there is a supreme being up there who made those idols for them.

Believe me, there is a SUPREME BEING up there!!

Science can't find all answers to the quest of life!
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 27, 2016
Dinocarex:

Even if I should explain better to you. You will still be hell bent about HIS origination.
He is the creator!!
You can't tell me the beautiful skies, the green plants, the mountains made itself from the 'big bang and theory evolution'.

Stand on the Zenith of Victoria falls in Zambia and understand a picture I'm trying to paint. A fall that is beautiful with green plants by the side and subtly rainbow after a light rainfall doesn't just came into existence by some theories propanded by a scientist.

There is someone somewhere 'up there' who appreciate aesthetic and made it so beautiful.

Just as you stand on the bridge of East London and appreciate man's tatste of beauty.... You should also give it up to the 'Man Up there'.

Before Western and middle belt religion came to Africa, before Africans got to read and write... They have idols and they believe there is a supreme being up there who made those idols for them.

So basically God just existed without needing to be created, while the rest of the universe was created. messed up logic
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by Dinocarex(m): 10:08am On Aug 27, 2016
Lennycool:

So basically God just existed without needing to be created, while the rest of the universe was created. messed up logic

A creator can not be created.
As messed up as the logic is, its nothing but the truth.
I told you earlier, you wouldn't understand if I go too deep!.

I will repeat myself, Science can't find all explanation to the quest of life.
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by cloudgoddess(f): 3:32pm On Aug 27, 2016
Dinocarex:

A creator can not be created.
As messed up as the logic is, its nothing but the truth.
I told you earlier, you wouldn't understand if I go too deep!.

I will repeat myself, Science can't find all explanation to the quest of life.
Why not?

& what do you mean "an explanation to the quest of life?" You want science to tell you how you should live your life?
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by EyeHateGod: 3:40pm On Aug 27, 2016
What is happening to education In this Country?
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by Dinocarex(m): 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Why not?

& what do you mean "an explanation to the quest of life?" You want science to tell you how you should live your life?

Science can only tell you what 'they feel is right' about a thing. Since you believe the Universe and everything in it thereof was created by Evolution and 'big bang theory' why are the scientist spending millions of dollars every year to know more about the Universe?

Bro, you might not be religious; but I believe something deep within you tells you that a supreme being up there created the Universe.

You believe a building can't just stand on it on except being built by a man... Why do you find it hard to believe the world didnt just come up on its own except by someone who is SUPREME!!
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by taurus25(m): 10:57pm On Aug 27, 2016
dadexcel:
This is exactly where the problem starts from...youve been made to believe that everything in existence must be created by a certain who .why do you think this must be so?
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by taurus25(m): 11:21pm On Aug 27, 2016
Dinocarex:

Science can only tell you what 'they feel is right' about a thing. Since you believe the Universe and everything in it thereof was created by Evolution and 'big bang theory' why are the scientist spending millions of dollars every year to know more about the Universe?

Bro, you might not be religious; but I believe something deep within you tells you that a supreme being up there created the Universe.

You believe a building can't just stand on it on except being built by a man... Why do you find it hard to believe the world didnt just come up on its own except by someone who is SUPREME!!
lol grin .....first of all science never said the universe was created by anything..infact science doesnt like the word creator....mostly because there has never been proven to be any atall in existence and because it is a hinderance that goes againt the fundamental principles of science...so bear in mind that though creation vs design is debated by atheists and theists design has never been a consideration in science.

To answer your question billions are spent yearly on research regarding origins of the universe because the world powers no matter religous they might claim to be arent satisfied with "god created everything" grin....fair enough?

The issue with you theist is that you think that a certain being( wierldly imagined to be gigantic white bearded and caucasian) must be invoked to explain the origin of the universe...why must there be a who?......how about a what??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by cjfbn: 5:14am On Aug 28, 2016
My people,
We are missing the point, you cannot find spirituality through physical means. That is why you cannot prove anything about the creator through science though science if well understood points to an existence of a being.

Religion has been bastardised aNd that Gave rise to atheist.
Young man, believe it or not, there is an almighty that created the heaven and the earth, but you cannot prove spirituality with physical because they are not of the same consistency.
The story of the Noah and the flood has been misunderstood as many stories In the bible. It's just like the story of Adam and eve, there was no physical Adam and a physical eve, it's a story about creation and the story about eve eating the Apple explains the fall of man.
If we understand the Bible Well, there will be no need of atheist.
Come to think of it, the bringers of the truth, both Jesus and Mohammed never created religion of their teachings,it was us that created religions out of their teachings And interpreted them in such a way to suit us . that created all the errors we have now that gave rise to atheisM.
Chijiokefbn@yahoo.com, please contact me, let's discuss more anD learn from each other.
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 28, 2016
How did energy originate?
Lennycool:

Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by donnffd(m): 9:26am On Aug 28, 2016
Millerz:
How did energy originate?

This is like a game of 50 questions...

Lol

The argument for the origin of reality has a simple answer...Noone knows

Atheists get to the universe and anything before that is either nothing or "i dont know"

Theists pass the universe and gets to God and anything before that is either nothing or "i dont know"

Its the same logic in different packages...
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 28, 2016
Once you repeat something long enough; people start taking it as truth.

The more enlightened of them have actually accepted their errors and has called the Noah story; indeed the entire Genesis Story as "poetic" or "figurative" depicting Christ and what not.

But the deeply fundamental churches and the pentecoastal ehn; they continue to call it irrefutably right.
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 28, 2016
Dinocarex:

You do realize that argument can be twisted against you.
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by Lexxyburg(m): 11:53am On Aug 28, 2016
They will never give proofs, all they tell you is that you can't understand, why follow what I don't understand?
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by dankol: 12:11pm On Aug 28, 2016
Dinocarex:

He is the creator!!

Bros.. U fall my hand Nothing comes from nothing neither should a creator of something comes from nothing.. It's an endless circle.. Infinity
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2016
dankol:

Bros.. U fall my hand Nothing comes from nothing neither should a creator of something comes from nothing.. It's an endless circle.. Infinity
Exactly my man
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by cloudgoddess(f): 6:14pm On Aug 28, 2016
Dinocarex:

Science can only tell you what 'they feel is right' about a thing.
Science makes the best predictions it can based on the most reliable evidence we can possibly find. And since this computer/phone you're using, along with all the modern medicines that currently exist, all of the technology we have including automobiles, the space craft that took humans to the moon, etc. etc., are ALL the result of scientific inquiry, then I think it's safe to say it's a pretty trustworthy process.

Religion more than anything is in the business of determining stuff based on "feelings". Science deals with evidence and testing.

Since you believe the Universe and everything in it thereof was created by Evolution and 'big bang theory' why are the scientist spending millions of dollars every year to know more about the Universe?
What? This is a non-sequitor if I've ever seen one.

Knowing more facts about the universe, as I've explained above, helps humanity advance. The more we know about how the system we live in works, the more we can use it to increase our quality of life. Not to mention we're all born with an innate sense of curiosity. Ask any passionate scientist why he does what he does. He loves it. It's fulfilling to learn and discover more about this magnificent universe we all share.

I'm a woman, thank you smiley & no, but something deep within tells me that human beings really like to personify/anthropomorphize their environment and assume agency where there is none. Before assuming a creator I'd have to ask where he/it would've come from.

Right, because we know that men make buildings. But there is no proof that men (or skydaddys) make universes. On the contrary, every phenomenon about our universe that's been observed & explained thus far (like the formation of stars & planets, the genetic processes & molecules that dictate life, the movement of celestial bodies, and the expansion of the universe) follows natural, systematic laws. No signs of magic anywhere.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? / The Great Revelation ''the Mark Of The Beast'' / Fanaticism: Good Or Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.