Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Passenger Transportation Business ? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Passenger Transportation Business ? (40830 Views)

Starting A Transportation Business / Transportation Business In Lagos / Transportation Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passenger Transportation Business ? by Fhemmmy: 3:54pm On Oct 01, 2009
I would like to know all the necessary information on how to start up a Passenger Transportation Business in Nigeria, possibly route Lagos to Ibadan, or Lagos to somewhere in the East, or Abuja.
What is involved and what is the cost involved?
No information is little or too big or silly.
Share all you know and you will be appreciated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by ifyalways(f): 5:03pm On Oct 01, 2009
small buses like hiace or Luxury buses?whatever i think the first step is registering with state Nurtw and insuring the vehicles.Then whichever park you intend to operate from,u register again with the Nurtw and other bodies.
If u want to carve a niche for yourself and beat the competition in the mkt and most importantly get and keep customers,i wud advice u do it the ABC way,ppl are gradually getting tired of being shoved and delayed at the bus terminals.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by Fhemmmy: 5:39pm On Oct 01, 2009
ifyalways:

small buses like hiace or Luxury buses?whatever i think the first step is registering with state Nurtw and insuring the vehicles.Then whichever park you intend to operate from,u register again with the Nurtw and other bodies.
If u want to carve a niche for yourself and beat the competition in the mkt and most importantly get and keep customers,i wud advice u do it the ABC way,ppl are gradually getting tired of being shoved and delayed at the bus terminals.

You are great, and can you please tell me how the ABC has done theirs.
I want it to be a 15 passenger buses.
Have access to some Nice big Vans from here and wanna send them to Nigeria and put them to use ni oh.
I know there are challenges in the biz, but i wont mind as long as someone can make money
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by ifyalways(f): 6:09pm On Oct 01, 2009
ABC buses are one of the best in 9ja.First the buses are neat,inside out and are air conditioned.
The drivers and conductors and even passengers knows there is nothing like attachment or hanging.
The most important feature abt them is that they keep to time.If the departure time is 8 am they leave by at most 8 30 am.
But then,u said urs wud be smaller buses  so i wud say ;
Look for good drivers,conductors are not needed.
Make sure all the cars are air-conditioned and are working 24/7.
Dont cramp passengers,let your fleet be comfy and cosy.3 passengers per seat.
seatbelts friendly.
leaving and arrival on time.
If u can,let your office or loading point be outside the public park.This wud bring customers as ppl wud be assured their luggages are safe at your park and there wont be any agbero harassing them.
Still,your success depends largely on the drivers u get.If your drivers are generally courteous,dont over-speed and are safety conscious,the biz wud grow.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by kayjegs: 10:21am On Oct 02, 2009
Nice to see this post. I have been doing some business surveys on the Transport business in Nigeria lately and found out that it is still one of the best ventures. For a passenger bus transport service, I think Ifyalways has given you the right points.
To operate the ABC way. You have to register it as a company and then of course, you may need to register with NURTW and have the insurance.
I can help you set-up and run this. There are few such Transport companies operating from Akure, the Ondo State Capital which I am familiar with. I am considering running Akure-Lagos. Akure-Abuja. Make sure the Buses are airconitioned and in very good conditions. The service delivery matters. Can help you with that and can discuss further with you on this topic.

regards

1 Like

Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by Fhemmmy: 1:32pm On Oct 02, 2009
Thank you very much for all the advice.
I sure will make sure that all the buses are Air-conditioned and make sure there is a nice DVD player inside for the passengers, and i was thinking of making sure that the drivers are well dressed with the ties, no need to wear jackets, but has to be in tie, which will bear the logo of the company.
I was even thinking of insuring the drivers to make sure they are Ok, and when i said, insure them, i mean to have health insurance and they and their immidiate family can get health attention from a specific doctor that will be attached to the company.

The driver will be on a salary, and will be probation system.
Looking into how to install a GPS on the vehicle so as to be able to monitor from here {if possible}
But i really want it to be a classy one.
So far, thank you so much for the advice and pls, keep them coming.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by duzz: 1:59pm On Oct 02, 2009
one of my clients have 15 new Luxury buses with with 59 site configuration with full AC all new with option of Diesel or LPG fuel at $85,000 each if you are interested send me an email so that I will let him contact you direct matheworama@gmail.com
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by ifyalways(f): 2:33pm On Oct 02, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Thank you very much for all the advice.
I sure will make sure that all the buses are Air-conditioned and make sure there is a nice DVD player inside for the passengers, and i was thinking of making sure that the drivers are well dressed with the ties, no need to wear jackets, but has to be in tie, which will bear the logo of the company.
I was even thinking of insuring the drivers to make sure they are Ok, and when i said, insure them, i mean to have health insurance and they and their immidiate family can get health attention from a specific doctor that will be attached to the company.

The driver will be on a salary, and will be probation system.
Looking into how to install a GPS on the vehicle so as to be able to monitor from here {if possible}
But i really want it to be a classy one.
So far, thank you so much for the advice and pls, keep them coming.
You are on the right track.
Another route which most ppl take to avoid police disturbance is to register their fleets as state govt owned.eg ITC ie imo transport corporation.To do that,u have to go to the state owned bus office,settle them and then they wud register your buses as theirs.It wud be loading from their parks,be painted and numbered as state owned and enjoys special priviledges like govt owned buses  wink They only get to take a certain percentag,i think loading fees from each bus that loads and leaves from the park.Most ppl/customers prefer govt owned buses,I am sure u know that.
Dont forget the road safety and their gadgets.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by Fhemmmy: 3:46pm On Oct 02, 2009
Ifyalways, r u into this business, cos you seems to know so much about it.
Please, can we talk on the fone, plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss?
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by MrLoverMAn(m): 4:07pm On Oct 02, 2009
:-)
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by EbonymanUK: 4:11pm On Oct 02, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Ifyalways, r u into this business, cos you seems to know so much about it.
Please, can we talk on the fone, plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss?

@ Fhemmmy

Where are you based.

Can you email me
Am also looking at starting a passenger transport business.
Am sure we could exchange information and ideas.

I shall be really looking forward to hearing from you.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by Fhemmmy: 4:26pm On Oct 02, 2009
EbonymanUK:

@ Fhemmmy

Where are you based.

Can you email me on ebonyman97@hotmail.com.
Am also looking at starting a passenger transport business.
Am sure we could exchange information and ideas.

I shall be really looking forward to hearing from you.

I am based in Canada Sir, but i go btw Canada and USA.
So i have access to the autos in both countries.
I will be willing to share ideas, but i think if we share on this forum, other people would be able to learn too.
Except if you asking us to join force together.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by EbonymanUK: 4:30pm On Oct 02, 2009
Ok thats cool. am based in London.
yes you are right about sharing on this forum so that other people can learn.

More of bounce ideas off each other , not necessarily join forces.
Whats your email address.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by Fhemmmy: 4:32pm On Oct 02, 2009
Fhemmmy@gmail.com
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by Fhemmmy: 10:38pm On Oct 03, 2009
bumpity
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by ifyalways(f): 3:59pm On Oct 04, 2009
Femi,check your mail.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by kayjegs: 8:12pm On Oct 05, 2009
Mr EbonyUK. I have a an idea. I have a niche where you can do this Transport business in Nigeria with less competition and sure of returns. You can contact me on email> kayjegs@yahoo.com.

regards
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by romero(m): 3:07pm On Oct 16, 2009
great contributions.

But nobody remembered to inform him of the cost of starting and running the business.

kindly supply us the cost of starting the business for all of us to see.

i need information please on the profitability of the business

thanks
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by kayjegs: 5:45pm On Oct 16, 2009
The business is profitable. One cannot just post such on the internet for some people to find a way of exploiting people by the information gathered. Contact me via my email and you will have the info sent to you.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by Fhemmmy: 6:17pm On Oct 16, 2009
romero:

great contributions.

But nobody remembered to inform him of the cost of starting and running the business.

kindly supply us the cost of starting the business for all of us to see.

i need information please on the profitability of the business

thanks

Great question.
kayjegs:

The business is profitable. One cannot just post such on the internet for some people to find a way of exploiting people by the information gathered. Contact me via my email and you will have the info sent to you.

Leave us your mail add.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by ayodele123(m): 8:34pm On Oct 18, 2009
Transportation is a money spinner if u know how to go about it
Be creative the ABC style.Your business must be uniquely operated to stand out from the competition.
i am addicted to ABC transport.The company is the best passenger freight business in Nigeria
Neat and clean buses.Very courteous drivers and staff.Buses have toilets on board.Maximum speed is 90km/hr.No 'attachment' passengers.Strict adherence to departure and arrival schedules.Excellent customer service and refreshment/TV entertainment on board
There was a time i boarded an ABC Bus from owerri to lagos and we were only 8 passengers on board.Yet the bus took off at the stipulated time.
That is ABC for you.Try to be more unique than ABC.
About the costing and the profitability,u need to see a consultant.Dont expect that such details will be displayed on this forum.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by romero(m): 11:03am On Oct 30, 2009
kayjegs and fhemmmy,

thanks for your support.

your feedback can be sent to radegbite@uacdairies.com

your contributions are about changing somebody's destiny.

kindly revert
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by Fhemmmy: 5:54pm On Oct 31, 2009
ayodele123:

Transportation is a money spinner if u know how to go about it
Be creative the ABC style.Your business must be uniquely operated to stand out from the competition.
i am addicted to ABC transport.The company is the best passenger freight business in Nigeria
Neat and clean buses.Very courteous drivers and staff.Buses have toilets on board.Maximum speed is 90km/hr.No 'attachment' passengers.Strict adherence to departure and arrival schedules.Excellent customer service and refreshment/TV entertainment on board
There was a time i boarded an ABC Bus from owerri to lagos and we were only 8 passengers on board.Yet the bus took off at the stipulated time.
That is ABC for you.Try to be more unique than ABC.
About the costing and the profitability,u need to see a consultant.Dont expect that such details will be displayed on this forum.

Do u know of any consultant? if u do, pls leave the contact here.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by nthnymarce(m): 5:58pm On Apr 26, 2010
hi,our company urgently needs two caster buses for a 3 yr contract deal. we can be giving you as much as 300k per a month.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by urchnez(m): 7:41am On Apr 27, 2010
Where is your company located and what are the other conditions. Please get back to me via:puhe@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by y2kaustin(m): 11:05am On Apr 27, 2010
My Former Boss,has neat fleets of coaster buses,which he usually hire to corporate firms for thier activities and other organisation.I would really like to get full details of the transaction.So send it to y2kaustin@gmail or call me on 07028053231,
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by fuke(m): 6:50am On Apr 28, 2010
@Fhemmmy

Ifyalways sure knows about it but I disagree with the idea of registering with
             the government. You will lose your identity and the privilege of goodwill that
             comes with experience in a business.

Now, do it right and neat like ABC  and no police or  Road safety guy dares your vehicle.
             Of course with a biz like this you will be pals with the CPS and top police brass.
             When I say that, I do not mean bribe. There are still good police Officers who will go to
             any lenght to defend your interest if you are doing legit business. It does not cost you
             more than a couple of bottles of green bottle.

You do not have to register with NURW either as long as you register as a limited liability
            company. The first thing you do not need is for your company to be associated with
            them. They may want to intimidate you but do not be intimidated, the law is on your side.
            No law says you cannot run a transport company without being a member.
            You do not load in their packs, you get a space.

Fhemmy, let me warn you. You cannot stay in Canada and run a coy like this here.
           The Nigerian factor is always there. You must at least be prepared to come and set it
            up properly even if you will hand it over to capable hands later.

But this much I can assure you. Propely run, you wont know  what to do with money in
           a few years to come. Transportation pays. People and goods have to move.
           And until govt does something positive about  the rail, transportation of anykind remains an oil block.

Wishing you the best and waiting to ride in your bus to Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 28, 2010
wow! Passenger transportation business is highly lucrative and it all depends on what and who is involved. Privately run transport businesses have thrived, so also is the Government owned one. Brt grin, abc smiley and co are good examples.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by martog: 2:53pm On Apr 28, 2010
Nice to read all your comments. They are very insightful. I am planning to go into this kind of biz as well, but mine is intra-state. I stay in Lagos nad i intend to start with a mini bus VW transporter. I intend to put it up on either on hire purchase or daily delivery.
I would be glad to get more tips on how i can run this deal.
No knowledge is a waste.
Thanking u all in anticipation of your responses.
God bless You guys.
Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by y2kaustin(m): 3:57pm On Apr 28, 2010
I have a Viable Business Idea on Transportation.This Ideas are MEGA CITY COMPLIANCE,anyone intersted in partnership,Investing or sponsoring will be highly appreciated and welcomed.Where i will be willing to work with,o show intereste,kindly email me at y2kaustin@gmail.com or call vis 08020547694 thanks,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passenger Transportation Business ? by yomifowe(m): 9:52pm On Apr 28, 2010
This Transport business of yours, especially inter-state would become a nightmare if you dont install a Tracking device in those buses. You can check some out on www.cartracknigeria.com, or email me on yomi_fowe@yahoo.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Lucrative Business Can One Start Here In Lagos Nigeria: Someone Help / Which Bank Has The Best Domiciliary Account Services? / Why Aliko Dangote Is Bad For Nigeria - Feyi Fawehinmi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.