Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,844 members, 7,806,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Skin Disorder Called Tinea Versicolor. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Skin Disorder Called Tinea Versicolor. (966 Views)

Bride-to-be Develops Vitiligo (skin Disorder) Months Before Her Wedding (Photos) / The 'Tree Boy' Of Bangladesh Suffers From Skin Disorder That Affects His Hands / Omg! Skin Disorder Turn 7-year-old Boy Hands & Feet Into "Trees" (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Skin Disorder Called Tinea Versicolor. by HashtagMoniker(m): 1:49pm On Aug 27, 2016
I have a good friend, a female, who has been plagued with this skin condition called Tinea Versicolor right from sec. skul days. It is actually a common thing but many people erroneously label it, Eczema and term the cause to be lack of personal hygiene. So I did a little research and saw that it was just a disorder due to an increased amount of yeast cells on one's skin (everybody has yeast cells on their skin) and noticed that her siblings had also although at varying degrees and her paternal cousins though her parents don't have it. Please I beg all dermatologists and concerned people in the house to help me with suggestions to cure this, which was something difficult for me to understand, you all understand how girls feel when they are viewedas dirty.
Re: Skin Disorder Called Tinea Versicolor. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 27, 2016
Bross you sure say no be you get the tinea?
Well, just like any other tinea, versicolor can be treated with the appropriate anti fungals esp the allylamines and azole groups.
All she needs to do is get examined by a doctor, the extent of the tinea would determine if she would be placed on a topical or systemic anti fungal
Re: Skin Disorder Called Tinea Versicolor. by thesicilian: 2:32pm On Aug 27, 2016
So your research revealed the name and cause but didn't reveal the cure? No professional doctor will prescribe drugs for you over the internet without assessing the condition for himself. Except quacks.
Re: Skin Disorder Called Tinea Versicolor. by HashtagMoniker(m): 7:29pm On Aug 27, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Bross you sure say no be you get the tinea?
Well, just like any other tinea, versicolor can be treated with the appropriate anti fungals esp the allylamines and azole groups.
All she needs to do is get examined by a doctor, the extent of the tinea would determine if she would be placed on a topical or systemic anti fungal
N! Not me

(1) (Reply)

10 People Who Had Creatures Living In Their Ears / .. / Avascular Necrosis Surgery Donation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.