Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia (136367 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's House After Military Invasion In Umuahia (Photos) / Soldiers Storm Nnamdi Kanu's House In Umuahia (Photos) / The Benin Monarch Frowns At Display Of Political Hooliganism By EDHA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 28, 2016
LMFAO....JUST LMFAO.. GUESS IT'S THAT TIME OF THE MONTH WHEN MY BIAFRIAN BROTHERS NEED THEIR EGOS STROKED AGAIN..... INSECURE SET OF CHIMPS!!!

5 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by ibedun: 10:32am On Aug 28, 2016
thedarksider:

look..their was never a need in africa,to go mad with killing each other like the europeans...

we are a spiritual people...always was,still are,always will be...we rather slave you and release you after you paid for your crimes...

we will always be backwards compared to others...our leaders know its too late to catch up with the rest of the world....

butttttttttt!.......we are sitting on a fortune in africa....most desired raw-materials are here to build any whatever....

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!....whatever.....

This mentality baffles me a lot! The great powers of the world will eventually snuff life out of us for those resources. I can't understand why we stupid people think the great powers of the world with all their arsenal of weapons will come and BEG Africa for resources when they can can simply TAKE it like they did early in our recent history. Africa is a sitting duck men!

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 10:32am On Aug 28, 2016
ndigbo yall had all that ogbunigwe and whatnot but our weapon surpassed every weapon you ever had in the whole of biafra. our weapon is organic and carbon based and living, and walks on two legs. this single devastating weapon took down all opposition and smashed the whole of biafra. ndigbo let me introduce the weapon of the afonjas, * thunderous applause * , ladies and gentlemen, i present to you the one man wrecking crew, the warrior, the weapon of all weapons, THE BLACK SCORPION, BENJAMIN ADEKUNLE

cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by kingOG: 10:33am On Aug 28, 2016
Nkem4040:
Biafrran Grenade Launcher used to
launch the dreaded grenade "Ogbunigwe” (mass killer when interpreted in English)
I don't know what joy people derive from war...whatever weapon you have there is no assurance that in war you will not lose lots of lives from your side

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by cstr15: 10:33am On Aug 28, 2016
Eco2580:
During my days at NMS i was told that all military equipments used by biafrans were imported
Yes, imported from the spiritual realm while awolowo was busy blocking civilians of needed food imports.
Your FG just attested to biafran technology superiority. I expect you to go and give him a slap.

19 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by laytoshtwo: 10:33am On Aug 28, 2016
what is the purpose of this post,to divide us further,or to prove biafra was real abi to what?
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 10:33am On Aug 28, 2016
SAY NO TO TRIBALISM. WE ALL WE GOT NIGGA. WE ALL WE GOT cry
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sunkoye: 10:35am On Aug 28, 2016
Only God knows how many professors we AV now......all of them want to be VC. And are good at unleashing sanctions on student minding their business.

Wat is the point of aving an unproductive bright brain.

The young Unilag student says it all.

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by cstr15: 10:35am On Aug 28, 2016
mrvitalis:

Bro there is no chemical engineering in unn, I graduated from mechanical engineering unn, so please get ur facts straight
The ban has expired and they are trying to start again.. But for now.. no chemical engineering in unn
Well, I wouldn't know.
Anyway, That is sad . It just shows how bad things are.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by frubben(m): 10:36am On Aug 28, 2016
Nkem4040:

It wasn't a grenade launcher per se, but the Biafrran military re-engineered the ogbunike into an unknown technology that they refused to disclose till this day. It was done in such a way that the damage will ignite a chain reaction and evidently catastrophic. Yes the guy you replied is right in the casualty, though I think it was more. It was the most deadly military loss ever encountered by the Nigerian military. I mean thousands of Nigerian military personnel and hundreds of armoured vehicles entering Abagana in a convoy in excess of 50km stretch were incinerated, and most died instantly. How Muritila Mohammad and his crew escaped, remains a mystery. This attack was led by Hannibal of Biafrra General Joe Achuzia in an operation code-named HEROSHIMA.

We don't lie here, we provide evidence; pictures or video. The video is on youtube...here is direct video excerpt of the event.
http://www.tubechop.com/watch/8295930

There was no special reaction, the rocket was aim at a tanker truck carrying gasoline.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by kingOG: 10:36am On Aug 28, 2016
sukkot:
ndigbo yall had all that ogbunigwe and whatnot but our weapon surpassed every weapon you ever had in the whole of biafra. our weapon is organic and carbon based and living, and walks on two legs. this single devastating weapon took down all opposition and smashed the whole of biafra. ndigbo let me introduce the weapon of the afonjas, * thunderous applause * , ladies and gentlemen, i present to you the one man wrecking crew, the warrior, the weapon of all weapons, THE BLACK SCORPION, BENJAMIN ADEKUNLE

cheesy cheesy
you're a disgrace to my tribe...is this so called black scorpion still alive? people like you will win wars with your mouth but I'm so sure you have your passport ready to flee the country if an actual war comes

33 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by nabiz(m): 10:37am On Aug 28, 2016
emekachimek:
I still marvel at all the war machines built with local technology as at 1967. That needed great inspiration and motivation to do. Ojukwu, that leader Nigeria never had. He knew how to inspire and motivate, and ultimately influencing his followers.Those are the qualities of a good leader: They carry the charisma and people follow them, and not forcing themselves on and oppressing others with sirens
this remind me of my dad who was under age during the war but insisted that he must fight after been reject in different training camp. But he made it. The spirit of motive was in them

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by princetom1(m): 10:37am On Aug 28, 2016
Hope lesson has been learned? Whoever has witness a war before will never ever wish for it again no matter what. Its a suffer, hunger, sickness, death, hopelessness and depression.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nkem4040: 10:38am On Aug 28, 2016
kingOG:
I don't know what joy people derive from war...whatever weapon you have there is no assurance that in war you will not lose lots of lives from your side

Tell that to US and Russia that are amassing asymmetrical weapons.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 10:38am On Aug 28, 2016
kingOG:
you're a disgrace to my tribe...is this so called black scorpion still alive? people like you will win wars with your mouth but I'm so sure you have your passport ready to flee the country if an actual war comes
i dont think too many people from that war are still alive. even the ikemba is with the ancestors now.
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by flokii: 10:40am On Aug 28, 2016
IPOD yoots will be like.. Yeah! Bring it on, we are ready for d yorubas & fulanis grin
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by ashjay001(m): 10:40am On Aug 28, 2016
cstr15:
Comparing America to yorubaland is funny.
America is a nation of immigrants. Everybody is an American and owes their loyalty to America.
Lagos is not a country of immigrants. It is an ethnic state. The people there don't owe it any loyalty neither does not confer any citizenship. The igbos as well as other ethnics there just wants to hustle and send the money home to build big houses in their villages.
The rest of yorubaland is a docile fourth world enclave. The only other place there that has a bit of industrial activity is ogun state and is not even in the class of aba and Nnewi.
Btw, America is the only real success story of strength in diversity. The rest of the developed world in Europe and Asia was built on the back of homogeneity and singularity of people and ideas.

U said it right there! Big houses, but d source of d big houses are in yorubaland, creating employment and improving economic activities, all in yorubaland!

Guy, I just want peace! The same way d US doesn't care ur part of d world, but just encourage ur potential is d same thing yorubaland does!

I want to be able to go to any part of Naija n assume my investments are safe, my interests protected and my security guaranteed! When I hear my supposed brothers insisting on going their separate ways, after welcoming them in my home, its a betrayal!

An Igboman n a Yorubaman in d UK, will be termed Nigerians and quite separate from Ghanians, we are blood brothers, birthed together.

Demanding biafra is a rejection of d hand of fellowship, of brotherhood. If we are to av any beef, it should be btw us n d northerners, who av several times ejected us from their lands!

I'm beginning to develop hatred for Igbos, d same way I will develop for a brother who inspite of opening my home and heart to, insists on remaining selfish, self-centered and ungrateful! Now he has found wealth, he now remembers he has a home he wants only for himself?!

Instead of quietly migrating back home and developing biafra to a world destination, he is insisting on separating entirely?! Left to me, u can go, I always had brains now I've learnt ruthless biz acumen from u.

I speak for myself, anyway!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by oladayo63(m): 10:40am On Aug 28, 2016
Warship:

Sometimes you talk without deep research and reasoning.

One reason we lost the war, was because no one knew how to build ammunitions technology

If the Biafrans, knew how to produced bullets and shells, the money they spent importing one bullet, would have been used to produce 100 local bullets/shells.

The capacity to produced 100 local bullets/shell for one foreign bullet/shell, would have meant more bullets/shells for Biafra troops.

So the technology that we lacked that rendered Biafra weak is the bullet/shell technology and also jet engine technology

Till today, bullet/shell technology and jet engine technology are yet to be developed.

Common, you made tanks. How come you couldn't make bullets?

5 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by EmekaBlue(m): 10:40am On Aug 28, 2016
Godbless the igbos...d power tribe...

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nkem4040: 10:41am On Aug 28, 2016
frubben:

There was no special reaction, the rocket was aim at a tanker truck carrying gasoline.

Lets analyze your claim. One truck carrying gasoline was aimed at, as a result over 100 trucks behind it ignited in inferno at the same time, incinerating all 100 simultaneously, is it scientifically plausible?

17 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:43am On Aug 28, 2016
PaulIdu:

How can a grenade launcher wipe out an entire division. .my friend you talk like a learner .

it did.
and that's why the Nigerian army got afraid and boycotted the biafran army to descend in defenceless women and children

14 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by LorDBolton(m): 10:43am On Aug 28, 2016
cstr15:
Soviets were on the Nigerian side, nigga. These technologies as at then were proprietry and advanced for African standards let alone a breakaway nation blockaded by land and seas.
Even food was not passing through the borders let alone weapons. Get some education, you afonja and stop putting everybody on the same pedestal you put yourself.
Even in 2016, the only place where you can get a decent level of manual engineering and reverse engineering and its applications is in the east. Nowhere else in Nigeria.

Have u forgotten France supplied weapons and armory parts to biafra?

Ya'll should keep deceiving yaselves tho... go and ask the Japan if in hindsight they would have supported hitler.

They lost ALL their territories to the allied forces the map below shows present Japan in red and former colonies in yellow

Comparing a super power like america- Japan to biafra -nigeria context was so laughable I didn't even bother to comment on that particular thread

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by ashjay001(m): 10:43am On Aug 28, 2016
princetom1:
Hope lesson has been learned? Whoever has witness a war before will never ever wish for it again no matter what. Its a suffer, hunger, sickness, death, hopelessness and depression.

Greediness and selfishness has made them blind! The war will start n dey'll start screaming warcrimes, as if war and warcrimes are separable!

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by cstr15: 10:46am On Aug 28, 2016
Ojukwu wherever he is must envy south sudan. How they manage their independence in backward black africa is nothing short of a miracle even with all the cost .
And Biafra was probably and infinitely more deserving, more prepared and fitting of a new nation state than south sudan ever was. Fate can be strange.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by MChaze25(m): 10:46am On Aug 28, 2016
kettykin:
With all this metal scraps yet biafra still woefully lost the war, which simply makes technology not the sole means of winning a country backed by Britain and Soviet union.
If Biafra had built more of Airborne vehicles and rockets that could haul payloads and hit with precision, targets that are more than 100 km away in dodan barracks, Kano, Kaduna etc possibly the war could have been prolonged, if biafra had mastered the art and technology of building under ground tunnels with fish ponds , poultry farms, water purification plants, refined pharmaceutical plants , nuclear power stations, nuclear arsenals, nuclear powered submarines that could blow up all the naval ships of the invaders, biafra would definitely have won the war after just 6 days.

Any body promoting biafra must be a mad and insane person. Igbos should just be contented in nigeria
you got it wrong!
They cut our food suplies from all angles.
Can you fight without food?
Even salt was totally absent.
Nigeria remain the cowards.
Why going around begging neighbouring African countries to block our food import as a nation?
Once again, there was a country!

22 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 28, 2016
If Biafra had succeeded the rest of Nigeria would have been queuing at their Embassies for Visa by now.

30 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by activeguy: 10:47am On Aug 28, 2016
I give it to them. ..the igbos.

They achieved a feat that no 3rd world country could boast of presently.,let alone half a century ago.

Biafrans are really Gods gift to the black nation but as usual devil will always try to fight that.... even if it means using his minions in the likes the brutishs and their slaves gambaris and afonjas. ..

But at the end victory will surely be ours., black nation must surely be liberated..

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by CaptainRahl(m): 10:47am On Aug 28, 2016
I saw these machines at the war museum in umuahia in 2011

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 10:48am On Aug 28, 2016
1stCitizen:
If Biafra had succeeded the rest of Nigeria would have been queuing at their Embassies for Visa by now.
you dont say, nigga
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by fkj950ax(m): 10:48am On Aug 28, 2016
First and foremost, I am with the side that insists and believe Nigeria cannot split along ethnic lines.

I disagree with the Ibos and Biafra agitation in this post.

The truth is the equipments in this post are retrofits of existing vehicles. The Biafran army had foreign backers who supplied them with hardware and training from illegal crude sales.

Did they retrofit the vehicles for use by their military? YES!

Did they manufacture and develop them. No

I find it insulting for some people to try and cloak our sensibilities by saying an army that "manufactured" tanks and howitzer and built bunkers with ventilation technology lost the war because they couldn't manufacture bullets... Haba.

Even the palm wine tapper makes his bullets.

Biafran lost the war due to total blockade of the area, which caused starvation. The best equipped, trained and experience soldier without food is worse than a boys scout.

The blockade was introduced to stop foreign mercenaries (France I think, not so sure) from assisting the Biafran army.

The swap of the currency also brought this.

All these were war strategies Ojukwu and his lieutenants didn't know.

Hardware and technology doesn't win war. Negotiations, compromise and strategies win wars.

What happened to the technologies of Ibos? The truth is there was no technology, just imitations, copy cats and poorly done copies. These were the 80s and 90s Aba made and fake parts. The Ibos lost the opportunity to become great simply because their leaders refused to invest inward and protect their people.

9 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 10:50am On Aug 28, 2016
activeguy:
I give it to them. ..the igbos.

They achieved a feat that no 3rd world country could boast of presently.,let alone half a century ago.

Biafrans are really Gods gift to the black nation but as usual devil will always try to fight that.... even if it means using his minions in the likes the brutishs and their slaves gambaris and afonjas. ..

But at the end victory will surely be ours., black nation must surely be liberated..
you dont say, nigga lolzzzz

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

See The Difference Between Atiku Visit To Ilorin Vs Osinbajo (photos) / Leah Sheribu Gives Birth To Baby Boy For Boko Haram Commander / Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.