Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,927 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA (50311 Views)

Meet Jemima Osunde: The Actress Who "Would Date A Broke Man That's Good In Bed" / Genevieve Nnaji And AJ Cham: The Real Story Behind The White Man & The Actress / Lavish Lifestyle Of Daniella Okeke, The Actress Associated With Apostle Suleman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by femi4: 1:01am On Aug 30, 2016
TiffanyJ:
Freedom is coming tomorrow, get ready mama prepare for your freedom.

This is one movie I never got tired of seeing. Wish I can get my hands on it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k7PMumIay0

part2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLUCGK9_suA

2 Likes

Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by centboy123456(m): 1:28am On Aug 30, 2016
homesteady:
Dayuum! One of my all time best movies!
I can still remember the goosebumps I had while watching the movie, even thinking about it now still gives me goosebumps!
I need to find that movie so that I can watch over and over.

Here is the link download it. www.movieloverz.org/HOLLYWOOD/4998-Sarafina-(1992).html and think me latter
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by centboy123456(m): 1:36am On Aug 30, 2016
centboy123456:

Here is the link download it. www.movieloverz.org/HOLLYWOOD/4998-Sarafina-(1992).html and think me latter

Try this one 1 www.movieloverz.org/download.php?file=10751.

And two. www.movieloverz.org/download.php?file=10752 all the same movie
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by gidjah(m): 2:52am On Aug 30, 2016
You would wanna watch that movie again and again and again, but can it be said for any Nigerian movie at all? May be few, very few. That movie is a hit any day any time. Unlike the half nude movies we all have littering the earth today.. You watch some movies of this generation, you wanna puke with adult scenes all over. This world has become something else
samzzycash:
Can't count the number of times I have watched the movie in fact if it plays on TV today I'm still going to watch ..such a beautiful woman
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by davestead(m): 5:28am On Aug 30, 2016
I really loved that movie. It brought tears to my eyes. I love that song.. "Siwele mama" and South Africans can sing wella. Leleti was my childhood crush too. Lol.
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by oz4real83(m): 5:50am On Aug 30, 2016
rexericx:
What still amazes me is dat,south African s will rather sing to confront instead of fighting

Trust naija, no time for singing
. You got it wrong! The only place Nigerians fight oppression is ONLINE/SOCIAL MEDIA. It is only in North Africa and Middle east that people they openly fight oppression and injustice. Algeria,Tunisia,Egypt,Libya,Yemen,Syria etc, easily come to mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by AOGAOG: 6:18am On Aug 30, 2016
IF SHE IS BORN AGAIN WONDERFUL!!!

AFTER SUCH GREAT ENDOWMENT FROM GOD AND GREAT PERFORMANCE AT AN EARLY AGE......GOING TO HELL IS A WASTE OF GOD'S GIFT
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by kester113(m): 6:33am On Aug 30, 2016
HajimeSaito:
Thank goodness I have the video file of the film SARAFINA! and I can watch it on my laptop or phone any time I feel nostalgic.
Leleti was my first crush.♥♥♥♥
Really Love That Movie As A Young Kid.@HajimeSaito.Can You Send Me The Link?..
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by Eliteklaus(m): 8:03am On Aug 30, 2016
but I hate that movie na lipsrsealed
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by floragregs(f): 9:00am On Aug 30, 2016
manando1:
I can't even tell you myself , but I can identify a South Africa doesn't matter where he/she at without them telling me , I think the environment we grew in plays a huge role in that
true!
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by ThunderingHooves: 9:21am On Aug 30, 2016
Absolutely epic movie that was the defining movie of my childhood. Brought the Black liberation struggle to my VCR( dvd players were just entering market back then) and straight into my living room and into our collective conscience .

I have the soundtrack to this movie on my hard drive and always play it on weekends or any special occasion, when me and my mates meet to reminisce about the good old days, and to remind us of when we were younger. I am going to download a good remastered copy.

South africans on Nairaland please provide translation for the lyrics. I especially love the sechaba and sabela songs, if only i knew what they meant. Do they still produce musicals at all or did the liberation struggle cease being a motivational factor in literature/movies/books coz i don't seem to see much material on that front, its all about crime and false American inspired hip hop hapless mimicry. We need the old cool back, ne!!
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by Tynasparks(f): 9:57am On Aug 30, 2016
Fedayeen02:
i was crying then when i watched this movie. I had nightmares and was moody all day. It fired me up to read more about the struggle for blacks from colonialism and neocolonialism
thumbs up... Have you watched winnie?
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by Fedayeen02: 10:00am On Aug 30, 2016
Tynasparks:
thumbs up... Have you watched winnie?
No. I couldn't download it. do you have the link maybe i can do it later in the day.
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by Tynasparks(f): 10:24am On Aug 30, 2016
Fedayeen02:
No. I couldn't download it. do you have the link maybe i can do it later in the day.
nah
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by Fedayeen02: 10:27am On Aug 30, 2016
embarassed
Tynasparks:
nah
lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed

What about books on the blacks march to freedom
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by Tynasparks(f): 10:36am On Aug 30, 2016
Fedayeen02:
embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed

What about books on the blacks march to freedom
nah
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by Fedayeen02: 10:54am On Aug 30, 2016
Tynasparks:
nah
ngwanu. Reading books or watching movies about apartheid brings tears to the eyes.

Inequality in the society should be frowned upon by all and sundry and the same apartheid that happened in SA is today happening in our country.

This time around its the blacks that are subjugating their fellow blacks because of ethnicity or religion
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by Tynasparks(f): 11:45am On Aug 30, 2016
Fedayeen02:
ngwanu. Reading books or watching movies about apartheid brings tears to the eyes.

Inequality in the society should be frowned upon by all and sundry and the same apartheid that happened in SA is today happening in our country.

This time around its the blacks that are subjugating their fellow blacks because of ethnicity or religion
very true
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by nonjebose(m): 1:18pm On Aug 30, 2016
The first time I watched the film, it was my sister who borrowed from a video club. This was after she had said so much about it. We all gathered round to watch the interesting film. RIP, sis. This film reminds of great times. Miss you
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by homesteady(m): 8:14pm On Aug 30, 2016
centboy123456:

Thanks so much!
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by cassidy1996(m): 9:47pm On Aug 30, 2016
placeofallure:

I love South African music, their songs, rhythm, beat and voice is indescribable. It always has this depth you can feel it. Lucky Dube is my most favorite of the artists. I also like Hugh Masekela, Brenda Fassie, her voice is out of this world, Jeff Maluleke, the Gospel group -Joyous Celebration, Soweto Mass Choir etc. They're just awesome. Oh God! I miss one gospel on Dstv.
Oh! It seems you know a lot about their songs, I love their songs a lot. Music rocks my world, try some tracks from Miriam Makeba and yvonne chaka(motherland)
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by placeofallure(f): 3:40am On Aug 31, 2016
cassidy1996:
Oh! It seems you know a lot about their songs, I love their songs a lot. Music rocks my world, try some tracks from Miriam Makeba and yvonne chaka(motherland)

Okay, thanks I will.
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by placeofallure(f): 3:46am On Aug 31, 2016
nonjebose:
The first time I watched the film, it was my sister who borrowed from a video club. This was after she had said so much about it. We all gathered round to watch the interesting film. RIP, sis. This film reminds of great times. Miss you

Awwww so sorry about your loss. It's really never easy to lose a loved one, you always wish you can go back in time and wished you had done some things differently. Take care.
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by Arielle: 6:59am On Aug 31, 2016
Love that movie! Hated when Crocodile (that was his name) was killed. Cute girl.
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by nonjebose(m): 3:02pm On Aug 31, 2016
placeofallure:

Awwww so sorry about your loss. It's really never easy to lose a loved one, you always wish you can go back in time and wished you had done some things differently. Take care.
Thanks for your kind words. My dear, it remains the saddest moment of my life. I find myself replaying in my head,the events that could have changed everything. Guess you've had similar experience. She was the kindest person I have known
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by placeofallure(f): 12:38am On Sep 01, 2016
nonjebose:
Thanks for your kind words. My dear, it remains the saddest moment of my life. I find myself replaying in my head,the events that could have changed everything. Guess you've had similar experience. She was the kindest person I have known

Yҽى I ɧaѵҽ. Wɧҽŋ I ɭɷىt mʏ ىɩىtҽɾ-ɩŋ-ɭaw, ɩt waى ɖҽѵaىtatɩŋɠ. Sɧҽ ɖɩҽɖ wɩtɧ ɧҽɾ babʏ ɖųɾɩŋɠ ɖҽɭɩѵҽɾʏ. Gɷɖ kŋɷwى bҽىt aɭwaʏى.
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by nonjebose(m): 1:29am On Sep 01, 2016
placeofallure:

Yҽى I ɧaѵҽ. Wɧҽŋ I ɭɷىt mʏ ىɩىtҽɾ-ɩŋ-ɭaw, ɩt waى ɖҽѵaىtatɩŋɠ. Sɧҽ ɖɩҽɖ wɩtɧ ɧҽɾ babʏ ɖųɾɩŋɠ ɖҽɭɩѵҽɾʏ. Gɷɖ kŋɷwى bҽىt aɭwaʏى.
Sorry about that
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by rexericx(m): 10:16pm On Jul 08, 2020
Bro check ur mail
I want to ask u something

collinometricx:

nice
Re: 11 Things You Didn't Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played "SARAFINA by collinometricx: 12:21am On Jul 09, 2020
rexericx:
Bro check ur mail
I want to ask u something

Done

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dame Diana Rigg Dies At 82 / Fan Does A Realistic Drawing Of Davido. "Dope, But My Head Too Big" Singer Says / Skales And Neza, His Stunning Rwandan-Canadian Girlfriend Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.