Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,520 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Are Nigeria's Present Leaders And Ministers Intellectually Sound? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigeria's Present Leaders And Ministers Intellectually Sound? (1034 Views)

God Has A Hand In Nigeria’s Present Economic Challenges — APC / Okey Ezea Says Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Is Not Intellectually Sound / List Of Governors And Ministers Under Buhari's Regime (1984-1985) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigeria's Present Leaders And Ministers Intellectually Sound? by JijiInc: 11:30pm On Oct 01, 2009
Fellow Nairaland members, today is our great country's 49th birthday, looking at our Yar Dull's way of doing things, I have had to ask if he really appointed Ministers, aides and all who have proved themselves as leaders in their different professions. No matter how we yab Uncle Sege, he still appointed those who had the drive to take Nigeria to the next level at that time. Looking at the present dispensation, it appears as if the country has moved backwards. At least we had El-Rufai, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Oby Ezekwesili and others, they proved themselves, but this government we don't have an inkling of what the President has in store for us.

"E be like say our prayers for the country no dey reach Heaven" We need divine intervention.
Re: Are Nigeria's Present Leaders And Ministers Intellectually Sound? by MrCrackles(m): 12:51am On Oct 02, 2009
Jiji_Inc:

Fellow Nairaland members, today is our great country's 49th birthday, looking at our Yar Dull's way of doing things, I have had to ask if he really appointed Ministers, aides and all who have proved themselves as leaders in their different professions. No matter how we yab Uncle Sege, he still appointed those who had the drive to take Nigeria to the next level at that time. Looking at the present dispensation, it appears as if the country has moved backwards. At least we had El-Rufai, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Oby Ezekwesili and others, they proved themselves, but this government we don't have an inkling of what the President has in store for us.

"E be like say our prayers for the country no dey reach Heaven" We need divine intervention.
Nigeria needs more than divine intervention!
Re: Are Nigeria's Present Leaders And Ministers Intellectually Sound? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 03, 2009
becoomrich:

If you look at Obasanjo team, they all have the potential of becoming president. and Obasanjo was fun of changing his minister. He drop those who did not perform and that why many did not remain. Even the great ciroma was drop. Yar Adua has to look at his team and start droping them now. He can start dropping them one every month. he does not have to change everybody at least drop some, to warn the others, they are on thier way out. that was what obasanjo did. This way, everybody was scared not to be drop and they were force to perform. It is one of the tricks of good leadership.

International exposure is vital to be a minister. Really. if you look at countries like china, japan, korea. They mostly pick from thier international team . And that is the reason they have bridge the technology gap between them and the west.

And Yar Adua has to do this to be ahead of the team. I have more ideas of running the nigeria system than yar adua minister because I have seen nigeria system and also seen other countries system. And by comparing the two, I would be able to make a better decision. This is how countries like Japan, china , korea have done it. Just go thru their list. People living abroad thier chance of performing better are higher than those living in Nigeria because of international exposure.

Honestly this is why most Nigerian living abroad come here to do. To get exposure to a better system.
If we can pick our best football team from abroad. I think Yar Adua should pick his ministers from abroad and let try the system.[size=14pt] And if after 6 month. Thing does not change. Yar Adua should arrest me , when I come to nigeria, for given him wrong advice[/size]. He should be careful who he picks. But he should not look at accademic qualification but more of experience. It is not about going to school abroad but what you did aboad. Where did you work. We can transform the Nigeria economy.

ROTFLMAO grin grin
ori mi o . . . becoomrich go kill me o grin grin
Re: Are Nigeria's Present Leaders And Ministers Intellectually Sound? by kokoA(m): 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2009
@ poster

The answer to your question is "NO" and that is my final answer

(1) (Reply)

Fashola,whats All D Hype About / Borno’s New Law Gives Governor Sheriff, Deputy,lifetime Luxury After 2011 / Turai Bars Family Members, Ministers Get Visas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.