Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. (23656 Views)

Career Mistake To Avoid If Your Love Your Job / Auto Gele Training... Make Hay While The Sun Shines / What Has Been Your Biggest Career Mistake? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by charles009(m): 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2016
At 26, 5 years ago, Just like every other guys dream, I landed this job with a multinational coy. I was blown off the roofs when I saw my pay package, wooow I am indeed a big boy.

Life for me was indeed a bed of all colour of roses, I started living a life, I never had the opportunity to live, I had different woman on my bed numerous times weekly, I became a popular figure in the female hostel of a popular university, I had an extremely expensive perfume collection, My Car was exquisite, Basically I was that B class sort of guy every chick needed.

Early, 2016 I got married to my wife, and she gave me a pretty son. In June 2016, my light slightly dimmed and my coy downsized massively, I was affected, we haven't still gotten any sort of payment yet

When I told my wife, baby I lost the job, she just broke down for like 5mins, looked me in the eyes and said, baby its all gonna be alright. I quickly went away, locked the door and shed tears, a lot quickly running through my minds, my son, my wife, and my family, misused opportunity.

I quickly broke the news to muumy and she visited and brought me 50k with a truck load of consolation, I accepted the money amidst tears.

The Truth is, I look back sometimes, only if I had used the opportunity wisely, nothing stays forever afterall. I have to keep moving, with my heads up refusing to look back.

God finally smiled on me, and I got another job, not with the opportunities of the former but at least I can cater for my two best love.

If you have the opportunity now, use it wisely.

and like my grand father did say, If you want to fall, fall on your back, cos if you can look up, you can get up.

292 Likes 48 Shares

Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by HungerBAD: 1:23pm On Aug 28, 2016
It is well.

Young people make mistakes in life,and it is that ability to pick yourself up,realize you have made mistakes,and continue down the right part is what makes you a man.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by ikbnice(m): 1:33pm On Aug 28, 2016
I just pray you are able to renavigate on time. You have learnt your lesson the hard way. But sadly, many people still and some will still head toward that path sha.

5 Likes

Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by olumaxi(m): 1:37pm On Aug 28, 2016
Hmmm...if u want to fall,fall on ur back,cos if u can lookup u can get up........but hey,ur grandfather doesnt realise dat person fit get spinal-cord injury.......wel nice story though

24 Likes

Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by Lovetinz(m): 2:02pm On Aug 28, 2016
olumaxi:
Hmmm...if u want to fall,fall on ur back,cos if u can lookup u can get up........but hey,ur grandfather doesnt realise dat person fit get spinal-cord injury.......wel nice story though
God bless that elder. but...
If a turtle flips on its back on a beach,
Without help, its as good as dead.

4 Likes

Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by splendid2: 2:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
Lesson of week. Noted
Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by Aremu01(m): 2:24pm On Aug 28, 2016
U bounced back... Thank God for you... Hope you learnt

2 Likes

Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by Safari29: 3:02pm On Aug 28, 2016
OP nice advise, lots of people dont value what they have until they lose it, especially early twenties just starting their lives. U are not alone OP, most of it always due to bad friends and inadequate advises. its a lesson and We will rise again Insha Allah

6 Likes

Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 28, 2016
charles009:

At 26, 5 years ago, Just like every other guys dream, I landed this job with a multinational coy. I was blown off the roofs when I saw my pay package, wooow I am indeed a big boy.

Life for me was indeed a bed of all colour of roses, I started living a life, I never had the opportunity to live, I had different woman on my bed numerous times weekly, I became a popular figure in the female hostel of a popular university, I had an extremely expensive perfume collection, My Car was exquisite, Basically I was that B class sort of guy every chick needed.

Early, 2016 I got married to my wife, and she gave me a pretty son. In June 2016, my light slightly dimmed and my coy downsized massively, I was affected, we haven't still gotten any sort of payment yet

When I told my wife, baby I lost the job, she just broke down for like 5mins, looked me in the eyes and said, baby its all gonna be alright. I quickly went away, locked the door and shed tears, a lot quickly running through my minds, my son, my wife, and my family, misused opportunity.

I quickly broke the news to muumy and she visited and brought me 50k with a truck load of consolation, I accepted the money amidst tears.

The Truth is, I look back sometimes, only if I had used the opportunity wisely, nothing stays forever afterall. I have to keep moving, with my heads up refusing to look back.

God finally smiled on me, and I got another job, not with the opportunities of the former but at least I can cater for my two best love.

and like my grand father did say, If you want to fall, fall on your back, cos if you can look up, you can get up.
like ur father says u indeed fall on ur back,not so bad,

1 Like

Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by d4guy: 3:49pm On Aug 28, 2016
Op na ur own u talk oo, some of us will still enjoy our youth to the fullest , young, wild and free grin
You only love once ... Lol

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by lollmaolol(m): 4:15pm On Aug 28, 2016
charles009:

This word is enough for the wise. Growth sometimes may pause and grow later. I think the solution is saving enough for the raining days.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by izutex007(m): 4:24pm On Aug 28, 2016
Front page material...

@OP, God restores. Your case wont be any different.

1 Like

Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by SleekyP(m): 4:33pm On Aug 28, 2016
cool
Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by OgidiOlu3(m): 4:35pm On Aug 28, 2016
Thanks for sharing Op. I think the most important thing is to save and to never think everything will always be going on well. We should always think of having more than one source of income at any point in our lives. It's very important! I'm glad you've gotten another job. Some have towed your path and they still haven't recovered. Life is a cycle. You win, you lose, you win again.... The fact that you were once rich and now broke does not mean you won't get rich again. Just keep your head up and keep going. I wish you the best.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by abumeinben(m): 7:07pm On Aug 28, 2016
lemmie see..same good story

over and over

glad it's coming from a youth like us.

This is my gain from OP's narration
If you want to fall, fall on your back, cos if you can look up, you can get up.
= ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP PLAN

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by olumaxi(m): 8:15pm On Aug 28, 2016
Lovetinz:
God bless that elder. but... If a turtle flips on its back on a beach, Without help, its as good as dead.
i tel u

1 Like

Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by DesChyko: 10:05pm On Aug 28, 2016
Carry On, OP.

Life is the most important factor because as long as there is life, there is opportunity, there are second chances, third chances, a zillion chances.

Thank God for a supportive wife and mother, but don't spend time on regrets. Don't try to rest on yoir oars either. There's responsibility ahead of you therefore, you need to move on to the next one.

3 Likes

Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by Adeyinka12(m): 10:31pm On Aug 28, 2016
B'agunyan ninu odo, b'asebe ninu epo-epa, eni t'omayo ayo enitiko niyo koniyo. nice one op

3 Likes

Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by Nobody: 1:13am On Aug 29, 2016
Hmmmm! that's all I have to say
Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by Sharon6(f): 9:10am On Aug 29, 2016
Alright
Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by veekid(m): 9:11am On Aug 29, 2016
Happney65; this is for you
Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by ThuGnificenX: 9:12am On Aug 29, 2016
shocked
Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by justicejay(m): 9:15am On Aug 29, 2016
...nice one op. We fall to rise again and become stronger. Now that you learnt a lesson, make sure u use it wisely and trasfered the lesson to you wards too.
God bless
Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by Histrings08(m): 9:16am On Aug 29, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by anonimi: 9:17am On Aug 29, 2016

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by free2ryhme: 9:18am On Aug 29, 2016
charles009:

the beauty about it is that you realise the mistake and made correction whereas some are as stubborn as a goat on weed

2 Likes

Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by collitexnaira(m): 9:18am On Aug 29, 2016
Five years flexing, changing women every week, hun

Op good advice, mind you there is nothing bad in flexing, you gat to do it at time in your life, is it when you re married you wan start, you just have to use your head and don't mismanage your money, too much of everything is bad tho

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by FTBOY: 9:18am On Aug 29, 2016
Op, you tried!

at least, you got married and have a kid. some are over 40, single, lonely and wretched!

6 Likes

Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by kkboy(m): 9:19am On Aug 29, 2016
olumaxi:
The implication is for you to prepare a soft landing spot for yourself so that the injuries and pains you may sustain will not be catastrophic.
Re: Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines. by BE811APP: 9:21am On Aug 29, 2016
Hope the young ones will learn from dis

Bcuz lots of young and Unmarried men hardly think of d future...

Imagine d amount of money u were giving dos students weekly or a daily basis.. u for don build houses by now... angry

I am glad u were wise to get married b4 things turned bad..

Na marriage dey open people eye...

Thank God u married a nice lady... she could have left u.. during ur trying times..

Its well with u and Nigerian Youths!!! wink

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Twin Brother Just Got A Pay Rise In A Micro Finance Bank: Don't Give Up! / Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) / 4 Important Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Course To Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.