Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:11 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (902444 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Gymme(m): 5:56pm On Aug 31, 2016
Right on, @Lawmerchant!

I've been wanting to say something like this too. I think the title of the forum is general "Travelling to Canada". If Justwise does not agree with your post, then he could 'probably' re-name the forum to suit ONLY Students Travelling to Canada and not just Travelling to Canada (which may connote students, workers etc).

Just the way a forum titled "Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here" is more specific.

#My2Kobo

lawmerchant:

I agree that the post is not directly related to Canada student visa but it has a lot to do with Canada visa application generally, especially the need for visa applicants (including student visa applicants) to be truthful in their visa application. I do think it was an error in judgement to delete the post. - LM

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by steffans(m): 5:58pm On Aug 31, 2016
ebi01:
Hi.
Please all the gurus in the house. I have been trying to link my paper application to an online account for 2 months now. It has not been successful. Should I be worried? Or does anyone know who it has happened to?

I am in the same shoes too..
Infact 2 people in Canada tried helping out.. Still e no work..

I think i will just wait patiently..

And remain hopefully!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Fatty4jesus(f): 6:05pm On Aug 31, 2016
@Arcayo hi good evening,hope you got my email?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ebi01(f): 6:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
Eraytee:

I guess there is something u ain't getting rite abt d linkage, carefully fill d required form as u entered it in ur app. If u av a copy of ur form submitted it shud be a guide in doing dat. There's nuffin 2 worry about. If u av any important msg from CIC u wud b contacted via email.

Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iphi(m): 6:24pm On Aug 31, 2016
abmendozer:

bro, i just defer your admission to winter resumption because honestly there is no way you can meet up. we are in this together and also trv hopeful. Just defer bro
me too o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by SlowlybtSurely: 6:42pm On Aug 31, 2016
jom28gy:
is Canada better than Nigeria?

No, it's not. That is why #1 is equivalent to 350 Canadian dollars. undecided

14 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Arcayo: 6:42pm On Aug 31, 2016
Fatty4jesus:
@Arcayo hi good evening,hope you got my email?
Yes Sis I will get back to you asap
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Basalt(m): 7:25pm On Aug 31, 2016
Mcowubaba:

Good Evening, sorry for the delay in replying, I was busy with work.
Now from what you have sent, it is self explanatory, very clear and concise...
University of Western Ontario has told that you could still be admitted with the CGPA, but it depends on some factors like Letter of intent also known as Statement of purpose, which I mentioned earlier, number of applications nd getting a supervisor....
Now this is why I was asking you what type of Masters degree you were applying for.
Because getting a Supervisor that is willing to handle your research/Thesis will go a very long way in determining your admission...
Now my advise, firstly from the Department page, find their research publications or journals, then check the ones that are related to your proposed field or specialization, then try and get in contact with the Authors of this Journals (by clicking on their profile and sending them mail, there are guidelines for this)

please note most research nd publications are done by both students and professors/lecturers, try and find out the one that's a professor, I believe this won't be a problem for you.
I know people with lower CGPA that were admitted for Masters degree program at the University of Alberta, Queens University and University of Ontario Institute of Technology, bros your CGPA is okay..... As I said before.

All you need now is to write a very good letter of intent/statement of purpose, give them official email address of your references - mostly from academic background: your HOD, your project supervisor, your Course adviser should be among your reference, but if you believe the wouldn't write very well about you, you can find other lecturers in your department you believe will give you a powerful reference, your last employer can also give u a reference, even the place you may have served in via NYSC (ppa) ...
Don't be scared about your CGPA..
Find a supervisor, as I told you
Write a very powerful letter of intent/statement of purpose
Arrange your updated Curriculum Vitae/Resume very well
Please don't lie or say things which you can't defend...

But most Course based Masters program don't require you to find a Supervisor, so I don't knw what University of Western Ontario is talking about, anyways the will know better undecided

Where you will need a supervisor is UofM for Thesis based Masters, getting a supervisor is not hard, just package yourself very well, if you're a Religious person, you can also pray to your God..
Sometimes in UofM, you may not even find a supervisor, all you need to do is to register, because during registration, you may be asked to provide a Thesis title and how you intend going about it, this will be reviewed and a professor or Dr maybe allocated to you if the have any that is interested in your Research, anyway send the department a mail about this for more information ....

University of Manitoba has a relatively cheap tuition $14,000 - $20,000, compared to other Universities.

And now the advantages of doing a Thesis based Masters is very good, you could easily get sponsorship, funds, awards to do a PhD program... You could also get very personal with your supervisor, which will be very beneficial for you wink
Disadvantages of thesis based, it's time consuming, you have to be very smart, hardworking, independent, focused and knowledgeable, if not you may not finish on time or may not meet the requirements for conferment of the Masters degree ...

University of Western Ontario is in Ontario province, the 2nd biggest province in Canada and the most populous province, it's full of job opportunities, and lots of Africans are there.

Advantages of Course based Masters, it is a bit less stressful, just like how you learnt in Nigerian University, come to class, learn with colleagues, receive lectures, some maybe online, write test occasionally, exams, internship, do a dissertation at the end. Simple

Disadvantages, difficulty in getting funding or external support, more stressful in getting a PhD admission

Most applications deadlines for winter/spring 2017(have passed) and fall 2017 are fast approaching.. Manitoba is on 30th of November for fall 2017 admission, so you have to act fast....
Start your registration immediately, go nd apply for Transcript, get a student's copy that you will use to upload in their page...
You will be required to provide an original transcript directly from your University, but that is after the have given you a provisional admission...

Don't use any agent, you can do it on your own....
Any other questions or clarification, you ask anyone here...
Many people have much more informations than me.... So feel free to consult them...
We wish you well and we are here for you. cool

Chaiiii.
Ever since I joined nairaland, I have never seen such an explanatory post, even all the questions I intend asking next is treated leaving me speechless and questionless.

May God bless you abundantly for this post.

For now, I don't have any further question.

Thanks so much.

I am applying for fall and from their websites, application starts next month on 1st September

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ajayi4(m): 7:36pm On Aug 31, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

No, it's not. That is why #1 is equivalent to 350 Canadian dollars. undecided

Bro, this is a hilarious response oooo. I can't help laughing. You must be a comedian.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tayonani: 9:10pm On Aug 31, 2016
busola1986:
got my admission in computer Application Security... Will need to ask you some questions pls
sir i just called for my passport on monday, i realized that am going on a wrong lane, i submitted an application with an undergraduate program. And i have an hnd in mass comunication which can get me admission for my pgd straight, pls how do u gurus communicate with admission officer in conestoga college. Need to file in my admission papers,thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Sallysweet: 10:31pm On Aug 31, 2016
opia12345:
i pm you kindly respond

I already responded.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 31, 2016
15weeks + 2days that's the status of my app..if you are in my shoes how would you feel? That devastating emotional feelings.. cry cryfingers crossed, mood down.
I feel like i am the odd...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by guzan: 10:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
justwise:

Let me be blunt with you and i hope you don't take it the wrong way.

You are a potential immigrant, rather than dashing Canadian embassy that money ask your pastor to pray you so that God in heaven will open your eyes and other legitimate doors to Canada.

Bros in the last ten years you have managed to achieve first degree and 7 years of work experience in financial industry and now you want to go into construction industry. There is no correlation between your first degree, work experiences AND the course you tend to study

Now you want to convince anybody that you want to throw away everything you have achieved in the last 10 years to start afresh again?

At what age?

Lastly why would your pastor invest millions in you alone and not any other church members?

Downright hilarious, Thanks all the same. I believe an explanatory/detailed sop will do. Thanks once again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sammymexi(m): 10:58pm On Aug 31, 2016
current processing time still 15 weeks. updated on 31 Aug 2016. dis is outrageous.... the 3rd week of dis same annoying n wicked processing time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 11:17pm On Aug 31, 2016
michV:
15weeks + 2days that's the status of my app..if you are in my shoes how would you feel? That devastating emotional feelings.. cry cryfingers crossed, mood down.
My mood is up n swift, God dat did other pple's TRV (arcayo & others) will do ours, faith is key... It will end in praise bro. Cheer up mehn grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cayordey007: 11:20pm On Aug 31, 2016
Well....mine is 16wks and a day....resumption is next week!

michV:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CassetteBoy(m): 11:35pm On Aug 31, 2016
hi everyone,
please for those that have arrived and observed some things, let's give hints and advice to those still coming here: https://www.nairaland.com/863690/nigerian-students-canada-how-survive/49#48968622

..there are several eye-openers that could help us all

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MsLee: 7:23am On Sep 01, 2016
Good morning gurus,

Please i need help oh

I want to defer my admission but my program is not available for January 2017 and i can't wait till September 2017.

Should i pick a similar course or apply to another school that my course is available for January 2017?

Program of study: PGC Information Technology Business Analysis

School: Cambrian College
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by frederal(m): 7:24am On Sep 01, 2016
Anybody coming to St john's Newfoundland for school september? For accommodation or other logistics, get in touch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kas2: 7:29am On Sep 01, 2016
blink6:
My people, hope una dey alright?!
I just come ask one question and to render help to anyone wey need am( e don tey) grin

My question na; Does anyone here attend U of Guelph or know someone who does?

Nevertheless, I believe say God still dey give people TRV... for those wey never get, no worry, you sef go get am. Canada na B.E.A..utiful place and sooner, una go come over con see am too. cheesy

Hello are you there this fall too, na accommodation palaver
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Jayne07(f): 7:50am On Sep 01, 2016
Mcowubaba:

Exactly what I was wondering.
Those VO people operate with confusion atimes cheesy
Anyway Thanks be to God for the approval...
Success sir... Book your tickets now now oooo... Lol
Safe
Hi...pls Check ur mail... Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Chebe01: 8:26am On Sep 01, 2016
Application approved and close. I just received my correspondence letter. WHEW! My application took 16 weeks and 2 days before approval

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Arcayo: 8:37am On Sep 01, 2016
Chebe01:
Application approved and close. I just received my correspondence letter. WHEW! My application took 16 weeks and 2 days before approval
Congratulations
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 8:46am On Sep 01, 2016
Chebe01:
Congrats bro, was it pgc/pgd or masters? Pls kindly share ur profile
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Arcayo: 8:54am On Sep 01, 2016
Arcayo:

[b]LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (FALL 2016)
1. Snoop4dem; April 11th, Uni of Victoria, masters, paper route,Medical Passed Approved June 24th Congrats
2. CassetteBoy: April 11th. UofT. Masters. Online route. Medical Request, Medical Passed, APPROVED 22nd July. Congrats
3. wayaa007: April 19, Georgian college, PGC, paper route
4. Deda3103: April 26th MSc, Uni of Saskatchewan, online route. Medical Request, Medical Passed. Approved 22nd July. Congrats
5. Ajibade105: April 27 M.Sc. Online
University of Saskatchewan.
6. qwertyasdf May 03, University of
Saskatchewan, PhD, Paper route, upfront medicals. Medical passed Approved 20th July Congrats

7. Aguns2k may 7 paper route, Conestoga college
8. abestine: May 12, MSc, Umanitoba, paper route, upfront medicals, Medical passed
9. greatlifeis89:May 24, Seneca, PGC, Paper route. Upfront Medicals, Medical Passed
10. Ayoadeoyatokun: May 25, Seneca, PGC,Paper route
11. tangled: May 26 Umanitoba MBA, Online route, Upfront medicals Approved 21st July Congrats
12. Datkoded, Seneca College, advance dip May 26, paper route
13. Team16: May 26, University of New Brunswick, PhD, Paper route,Medical Passed Approved August 2nd Congrats
14. Matthew2120: June 1st, Masters, Paper route, Centennial college ,
15. moe0164 . Saskatchewan poly June 1st.. Paper route, awaiting medicals
16. emma4eva: June 3 MEng, Online. Ryerson University, Medical Request
17. Ikcbn: June 10th Niagara college, paper route. Medical (Passed)
18. abmendozer: June 13, Masters, Paper route, Geogian College, Medical Passed
19. Ymc007: June 14, masters, paper route, Dalhousie University, Medical Passed, APPROVED Aug. 19th. Congrats
20. Akol07: June 16th, Concordia Uni, Montreal paper route,Meng,Medical passed. Approved Aug. 19th. Congrats
21. Arcayo: June 19th PGC, Conestoga online route, upfront medicals, Medical Passed,Approved 30th August
22. Olubee22: June 24th, St Mary Uni, UG, online
23. Faroukfahima: June 28th, Adv Dip, Conestoga College,Paper Route [/b]

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 01, 2016
Happy new months all.im very optimistic that the remaining MAY/JUNE/JULY applicants that this SEPTEMBER is our month.e no go pass ds month.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MsLee: 9:24am On Sep 01, 2016
@michV please help with my question

Good morning gurus,

Please i need help oh

I want to defer my admission but my program is not available for January 2017 and i can't wait till September 2017.

Should i pick a similar course or apply to another school that my course is available for January 2017?

Program of study: PGC Information Technology Business Analysis

School: Cambrian College
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cayordey007: 9:53am On Sep 01, 2016
Wow! Congrats....when is your program supposed to start?

Chebe01:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 01, 2016
michV:
Happy new months all.im very optimistic that the remaining MAY/JUNE/JULY applicants that this SEPTEMBER is our month.e no go pass ds month.
Amen.
MichV pls do U know if crazygurl is still around?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wealth360: 10:53am On Sep 01, 2016
hello everyone
please has anyone heard from uni of sask? concerning admission for winter term?

please time dey go?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 01, 2016
wealth360:
hello everyone
please has anyone heard from uni of sask? concerning admission for winter term?

please time dey go?

Be checking your application page once cgrs approve your application they will send you a mail.

Usask has already admitted me for winter session.

Please has any winter applicant submitted application for trv?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.