Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (908546 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 01, 2016
iamosamede55:

My sister is my sponsor. Though she is married but i included her marriage certificate to show proof of relationship, and her contract agreement showing her annual salary of £105k and substantial payslips. I will probably get my uncle to act as a co sponsor, hope it won't complicate my application? , though she does not have any dependant relative, and tell her to draft a sponsorship letter stating why she wants to sponsor me. My tuition is $24k plus cost of living , room and board makes about $37k. I will appreciate if you can give me directions on requesting for GCMS file.
i ll talk to my friend there to know if he can assist
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Jayne07(f): 9:53pm On Sep 01, 2016
emma4eva:
i will keep asking till someone helps me out.. gurus abeg
Well if u used consultant practice for ur last app and if it was paper route.... Go back to the hospital with 2k5 and the form u used to do the medicals during the first application and they'll give u another form which u will attach to your new application... Hope u understand?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by jayslim1992: 9:56pm On Sep 01, 2016
Hello house.i intend to include my parents marriage certificate to show relationship with my uncle who happens to be my sponsor. please can i use church marriage certificate as that is the only one i have for now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mabs16: 9:57pm On Sep 01, 2016
[quote author=penitential post=48995209]Using your cousin who resides in Canada and also a citizen shouldn't be a red flag to your application. And as regard your home ties, so long you have a strong ties such as families, investment, good employment prospect....you should good. #my humble opinion#[/quote

Thanks boss penitential.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iamosamede55: 10:05pm On Sep 01, 2016
michV:
i ll talk to my friend there to know if he can assist
Thanks, will it be ok if i follow up with you via pm?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iamosamede55: 10:13pm On Sep 01, 2016
Hi @frankbrown12 , pls how long did it take to get your CGMS note? I'm also throwing the question to the house pls. So that i can weigh my options with regards to time. Since the processing time keeps increasing
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ymc007(f): 10:28pm On Sep 01, 2016
Thanks y'all for your replies. God bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yungreezy: 10:50pm On Sep 01, 2016
Anyone heading to Dalhousie university, havent gotten a feedback yet on my application for winter admission, was told late september is when i would get update.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 01, 2016
michV:
around? as in NIgeria?unfortunately she announced her refusal here last month.i did reply her PM but still no response from her
All Remains Well....Keep up your hopes Michv
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Dhavhidho11: 12:15am On Sep 02, 2016
Pls I want to apply for admission in Canada,I need help on how to apply for working visa
[b][/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by atrapon(m): 1:23am On Sep 02, 2016
atrapon:
My people please who is conversant with UPEI (uni of Prince Edward Island).Is upfront part payment compulsory for unconditional offer,or is it paid on arrival? Thank u
abeg comment
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ManTiger(m): 2:54am On Sep 02, 2016
Modified

Thanks

Pls i need your input.

My neighbor, born Dec 12 1998 applied for trv, she was charged $150 only for study permit.
She wasn't charged for biometrics and no biomerics letter was sent to her.
The eldest brother who happens to be my friend is being crucified by the parent because they thought he did something different.

Pls is this a problem to be worried about?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tayonani: 6:38am On Sep 02, 2016
atrapon:
My people please who is conversant with UPEI (uni of Prince Edward Island).Is upfront part payment compulsory for unconditional offer,or is it paid on arrival? Thank u
you part $100 deposit n pay rest on arrival
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Churkie: 6:39am On Sep 02, 2016
ManTiger:
Pls i need your input.

My neighbor, born Dec 12 1998 applied for trv, she was charged $150 only for study permit.
The elder brother who happens to be my brother is being crucified by the parent because they thought he did something different.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Arcayo: 6:59am On Sep 02, 2016
ManTiger:
Pls i need your input.

The elder brother who happens to be my brother is being crucified by the parent because they thought he did something different.

Is your neighbor from India? If yes no problem

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by pweetiesuzie(f): 7:33am On Sep 02, 2016
Good day all. I would like to make an enquiry. A colleague of mine got admitted into University Canada West for their MBA program for fall 2017. Considering that the school does not require gmat if one have 2 or more years of work experience in the field of Administration, i may be considering the school for my MBA program. Please i need to know if the school is okay, (though it is listed in the dli recommended by cic) as i may apply for admission next week.
Note: application form admission is free
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MsLee: 8:02am On Sep 02, 2016
brandymcmb:

@yemdogg @lawmerchant

I think this is what @mslee is trying to say

She has applied for or has already gotten her trv for a course starting this month but she can't meet up to resume this fall and wants to defer till jan 2017

Unfortunately the next available date for her course is fall 2017 which is too far so she wants to look for another course from another school to join in for jan 2017

Now from my own point of view would her explanation fly at the poe or not? Given that she got trv with a start date of sept 2016 and probably flies into canada in dec 2016 to resume in another school with another course

I think @lawmerchant is looking at her case from this point of view

I've not gotten TRV oh

My application is 13weeks today and the school is saying i should defer till September 2017(My course is not available for January 2017) or pick another course that is available for January 2017....i don't like the other courses
My admission is for IT Business Analysis (other courses are International Business 1year or Computer systems Technology 2years)

Will any of these courses match my application documents?

or should i just defer and wait for CIC's response on my application

I really don't know what to do
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Chinuaj: 8:30am On Sep 02, 2016
Please those of you for Lambton College for fall how can one defer his admission?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 8:36am On Sep 02, 2016
Ymc007:
Hello everyone, please I have a question...
Someone I know has her TRV but her folks can't sponsor her again, is it possible for her to travel and work for one year and then start her study the next year since her study permit is for two years? If yes, how can this be done?

This is logical and will help her stay out of trouble
lawmerchant:

That will be a breach of the condition on your study permit and you'll be subject to removal. My advise: since there is no sufficient break between Fall and Winter semester, differ the admission to Winter Semester (January - April). While enrolled, you're allowed to work 20hrs a week. This can help sustain you during that difficult 4months

Use the long summer break (May - Aug) to work your soul out and save fund for the next semesters. In this way you'll not be violating the terms of your study permit. - LM

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ziggy3579: 8:37am On Sep 02, 2016
Mail the international education centre, explain to them that u want to defer ur admission. A new letter should be sent to u when it's done
Chinuaj:
Please those of you for Lambton College for fall how can one defer his admission?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 8:39am On Sep 02, 2016
hustla:

Yes I have a friend in Canada that did just that. She left her MBA and is currently working so she can pay for another course, Nursing

She told me it won't affect her in any way as she notified the authorities it was hard for her to combine both
All the best

Your friend lied to you or did not tell you the full story.

You can't say that to the authority as an international student and still remain in Canada.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 9:23am On Sep 02, 2016
pweetiesuzie:
Good day all. I would like to make an enquiry. A colleague of mine got admitted into University Canada West for their MBA program for fall 2017. Considering that the school does not require gmat if one have 2 or more years of work experience in the field of Administration, i may be considering the school for my MBA program. Please i need to know if the school is okay, (though it is listed in the dli recommended by cic) as i may apply for admission next week.
Note: application form admission is free

It's a private school...I think it's okay sha. It's a profit making establishment. So it's quite expensive. Their tuition for the two years MBA programme is over 35k cad.

Do you have work experience in the field of administration/management? If not....you will be admitted to their MBA Foundation program upon conclusion of the MBA Foundation program, you will be enrolled into their MBA program.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Destinedsam: 9:50am On Sep 02, 2016
Select country of birth as Nigeria but don't put any information for city of birth.
ebi01:

Thanks for the help. I tried to do so. The page could not be submitted cos the place of birth was left blank.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by okechukwu101: 10:12am On Sep 02, 2016
Chinuaj:
write to the school. international.admissions@ĺambtoncollege.ca

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hustla(m): 10:13am On Sep 02, 2016
justwise:

Your friend lied to you or did not tell you the full story.

You can't say that to the authority as an international student and still remain in Canada.

Yes
I've forgotten what exactly where made mention of to the Cic. Would be sure to ask her today and maybe upload a munch
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hustla(m): 10:14am On Sep 02, 2016
okechukwu101:

write to the school. international.admissions@ĺambtoncollege.ca

Which months do their admissions fall into?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by okechukwu101: 10:17am On Sep 02, 2016
bonen:
Hi Nairalanders... I have been going through the threads and it has helped me a lot. I currently have a 5 yr TRV and I have just come back from a visit to Canada My son is in York Uni. I would like to go to school for a masters but I fall behind the requirement. I already have an MBA from uk and to apply for PHD I need GRE 2:1 which I don't have. And Also MBA is hard to translate to PHD. I would like to know if I can get a 1 year graduate diploma and argue in my SOPThat I need it for my work which I actually do and will help me back my application for PHD as its a research diploma. Sorry for long ranting na the age..Lol. Has anyone been successful by this route.
Pls look for an MSc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by okechukwu101: 10:22am On Sep 02, 2016
hustla:

Which months do their admissions fall into?
They run both fall(September) and winter (January)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Chinuaj: 10:52am On Sep 02, 2016
[quote author=ziggy3579 post=49003209]Mail the international education centre, explain to them that u want to defer ur admission. A new letter should be sent to u when it's done.
Please do i include my admission letter?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bjmme: 10:54am On Sep 02, 2016
I think one can deduce from this guy application that one need favour of God,no app is perfect
Vemmmy:

I didn't even submit any letter from my working place because the course I'm going for is not related to my current job. I work at a bank though. Graduated 2014. God solicited for me I believe. He will do for all Hopefuls this new month..Amen!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.